• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,496 Views, 174 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 174
 4,496

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34 - They're Both In Canterlot?

Rarity was in her room writing in a new book she had got, she stopped for a second and let out a sigh.

“I do feel slightly better for writing, I can now see my actions from other ponies' perspective,” Rarity slightly chuckled, “I suppose I can be a bit dramatic sometimes,” Rarity looked at the clock and realised it was lunch time. “Oh, I suppose it’s time to eat,” Rarity realised that she was looking after herself and not caught in a slump, “Wow! I suppose writing has been helping more than I thought, it’s only been a week,” Rarity said as she started cutting some salad to make herself a salad sandwich.

Twilight was making sure she had everything before she left for Canterlot.

“Quills, ink, paper, spare paper, books… I think that everything,” Twilight left the castle, used one of her pieces of paper to write a note and stuck it to the castle doors, she then took a deep breath, exhaled and flew to Canterlot.

Rarity was washing up whilst thinking out loud.

“I still feel butterflies when I think of Spike, I still love him, but I am happy for him, I truly am,” Rarity was brought out of her thoughts when she went to grab something and couldn’t feel anything as there were no dishes left. “Oh, I didn’t realise I had finished,” Rarity wiped her hooves and went to sit down in the lounge. The white unicorn sat down and started to think again. “Am I ready to see him though? Have I really reflected on all my actions?” Rarity wanted to see Spike, but she also wanted to make sure she was ready.

Twilight landed in Canterlot and decided to go straight to the castle. “I’m really looking forward to seeing Celestia, Luna and Spike,” Twilight smiled at the thought and continued making her way to the castle.

Twilight walked into the castle, went to Celestia’s room and knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Twilight heard from the otherside of the door, she opened the door to see Celestia laying on her bed reading.

“It's good getting into a good book, isn’t it?” Twilight said with a slight chuckle. Celestia looked up to see the purple alicorn smiling.

“Twilight! It’s so good to see you, Spike said you should be visiting soon,” Celestia got up and gave Twilight a hug which was returned. “So, how have your studies been going?” Celestia asked after the hug.

“They’ve been going well, but I have been trying to take time for myself as well,” Celeatia smiled at Twilight’s response.

“Time for yourself? Has that been easier without Spike around?” Celestia continued to smile, and Twilight returned the smile.

“It’s been the same really, because when we have both finished are tasks for the day, we kind of do our own thing for a bit, but I will say, I do miss him, considering we’re still usually in the same room when doing so,”

“That’s understandable, well, both Spike and Luna should be in their room,” Twilight noticed what Celestia said.

Their room?” Twilight asked. Celestia smiled.

“Yes, Twilight, I mean they are together after all,” Twilight smiled.

“Fair enough, well, I’ll go and see them for a bit, but I will definitely catch up with you afterwards,” Twilight said, making her way out of Celestia’s room.

“I’d like that,” Celestia smiled, Twilight returned the smile, then left Celestia’s room, shutting the door behind her and started making her way to Luna and Spike’s room.

Luna and Spike were led down on the bed holding each other. Spike started stroking Luna’s mane. Luna cooed.

“That’s so nice,” Luna closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation.

“It is nice to stroke your mane, yes,” Spike chuckled knowing what Luna meant.

“You know I mean,” Luna smiled. Spike looked at Luna, he just found her so beautiful, her soft coat, her flowing mane which resembled a beautiful night sky, that she, herself had created, the way she looks at him and the way she makes him feel. Spike gently pushed Luna’s head towards his and gave her a kiss which Luna instantly returned. After they just looked into each other’s eyes with pure love before…

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Both Spike and Luna jumped so much that they ended up letting go of each other. Luna composed herself as did Spike before saying anything.

“Come in!” Luna said sitting up,” Twilight walked in. Spike saw Twilight and was happy to see her.

“Twilight!” Spike got up from the bed and gave her a quick hug, which Twilight returned “I’ve missed you,” Twilight gave Spike a smile.

“I’ve missed you too,” Luna smiled at how much Spike and Twilight cared for each other, she loved how much he cares for his friends.

“It’s lovely to see you again, Twilight,” Luna said, still smiling. Twilight looked over to Luna.

“Lovely to see you too, Luna,” Spike walked over back to the bed, and Twilight walked in closing the door behind her. “So, how have you both been?” Spike and Luna looked at each other and smiled.

“We’ve been good, just spending time together, enjoying each other’s company,” Twilight smiled. She could see how happy the young dragon and the princess of the night made each other. Suddenly the purple alicorn saw something sparkle out of the corner of her eye.

“What’s that?” Twilight asked, looking in the direction of the sparkle. Luna looked over to where Twilight was looking and picked up a bracelet.

“Oh this? Well, when Spike first came over he was kind enough to get me one of each of my favourite treats, and instead of eating the charms, I turned them into actual charms and made it into a bracelet,” Spike and Luna smiled at each other.

“Aww, that’s actually really sweet, I’m glad you too are happy and are doing well,”

“What about you, Twilight? How have you been?” Luna asked.

“Well, I just finished my current project, so I’m feeling good,” Twilight smiled.

Rarity was still sitting down writing in her book, but she stopped and thought for a second.

’I feel… ready’, Rarity thought of seeing Spike, and even though she loved him, she didn’t feel bad at the thought of him not being ready yet. Rarity closed her book and got ready to leave.

“It’s okay, Rarity, it’s going to be okay no matter what he says,” Rarity said to herself just before the boutique and making her way to the castle.

Rarity started quietly humming a tune and within a few minutes she was at the castle. As the white unicorn approached the castle she could see a note on the door, so she went up to the door and read it.

’I’ve gone to Canterlot for a visit, I will be back Saturday’

“Oh…” Rarity’s smile slightly dropped. “They’re both in Canterlot?”

PreviousChapters Next