• Published 7th Oct 2019
  • 757 Views, 8 Comments

The Previous Best Night Ever - SabreTheRedMane



The Grand Galloping Gala plays an immense and important role in the social and political life of Equestria. Sometimes in a very unexpected way. In a way that would affect the future for many years forward.

  • ...
3
 8
 757

A little epilogue

The lawn in the garden was a wonderfully comfortable place to be. Dense foliage of the surrounding trees created a colorful penumbra. A faint breeze kept the summer heat away and a small decorative pond radiated freshness.

A lavender unicorn filly and a pale pink alicorn reclined side by side on the blanket. The filly was small and blank flank. The alicorn, though barely out of adolescence, was already quite large and curvaceous. Her cutie mark was a crystal heart.

The filly was reading a book — thick, serious, and without pictures. The kind that would have been rejected with a rage by most foals her age. A purple aura turned the pages from time to time. A small fountain pen made large and crooked notes in a little notebook. The alicorn was silent as well. She admired the sky through the canopy of a spreading old ash tree.

The blue-and-white young unicorn colt was always hanging around. He was finding a thousand and more reasons and pointless things to do just to keep the alicorn in line of sight. Now and then she would glance at him with the shadow of a smile. And the stallion would immediately do something stupid.

"Princess Celestia is so-- so-- so amazing!" Twilight Sparkle blurted out all of sudden, looking up from the voluminous tome. “I want to be as smart and powerful as her when I grow up!”

"Cadence," she said, turning attention to her babysitter, “how is it possible to become an alicorn?”

Mi Amore Cadenza looked at her little ward with surprise.

“And how do you think?” she asked in return.

“Weeeeeeell… One has to be born a mare, because a stallion can't be a ruler!”

Cadence laughed.

"You're right!" she exclaimed glancing at Shining Armor with mirth.

He was raking the cobbled path with an unpleasant noise, picking up non-existent leaves. Eyes locked on the majestic pink mare.

“Of course, only a mare can rule. Otherwise, things will quickly go straight to Tartarus. But, to be not just a ruler, but an alicorn, one must have at least a fraction of the divine blood flowing in her veins.”

“And where did you get it in your… err… veins?”

Cadence's ears twitched thoughtfully.

"Aunty Celestia says it's from my earliest ancestors. From Princess Amore. But, it's also unclear, where she got it. Written sources so ancient are too scarce. I still don't understand how I came to be related to her. I was just an orphan pegasus filly, a foster daughter in the family of earth ponies.”

"What’s foster?"

"That means not their own foal, Twilight.”

"Is that bad? Earth pony mom loved you less?”

Cadence nuzzled filly’s mane. "No, of course not! She loved me as much as your mother loves you, little Twi!”

Comments ( 8 )

Not bad at all. You might want to get some help with the grammar, though. There are a lot of errors. The fact that these errors are consistent leads me to conclude that English is not your first language. Thus, it is quite impressive that you managed to write as well as you did. Some of the errors could even be dismissed as artistic flourishes.

9870877
Glad you liked the story!
Indeed English is not my native tongue. Also, I tried to get help in editor group before publishing, but to no avail. I would be very glad if somebody pointed out what mistakes they encounter in the text. Online spellcheckers can get one only so far.

9870882
I could probably do it, but I do not have the time. My life has been very busy lately.

I’ll review it sometime today.

Really unusual...
Spoiler warning! Celestia as both Great Spirit and living mare; using her abilities to read the souls of ponies... Yes, to read in their souls literally... And using magic to genetically engineer other alicorns... Little Twi, probably, Cadenza...
Equestria is rich with secrets - great ones, as written by DxD2, and small, but of great importance - here.
...we always felt that she was as mother to the Twily - and now we know why! :-))))

10610646
Thanks for taking time to read and comment!
tfw russians speak with each other in english:trollestia:
На сторисе выложена русская версия, если интересно можете сравнить. Порой любопытно, как в разных языках по разному выражаются одни и те же мысли.
И, алсо, вы ж проспойлерили все сюжетные повороты.))))

Login or register to comment