• Published 11th Sep 2019
  • 857 Views, 10 Comments

Kitsune: The Legend of the Fallen - Frostbreath



A new hero arises, but more enemies return as well...

  • ...
1
 10
 857

Chapter 2: Old Memories Resurfaced

The draconequus turned to see the five creatures all staring at him, which he stared back - until he exploded with laughter and grabbed the larger one in a bear hug.

“Well, look at that! I never thought I’d see you all again!” Discord cried, releasing the leader before hugging the rest with the same excitement. “How are all of you?”

“We’re fine, Havoc, but what are you doing here?” The gray wolf questioned, head cocked in confusion. “I would’ve thought your home planet would’ve been more... chaotic.”

“Um, Discord?” Fluttershy piped up, flinching as everypony looked at her. “How do you know these creatures, exactly?”

“You’re going by Discord now?” The cyan creature asked in confusion.

“And when did you go by Havoc?” Twilight interrupted.

Discord looked between the two groups before shrugging. “Eh... might as well. We got the time on our side for the moment.” He curled his tail and sat on it as he stroked his beard. “Now, where to begin...”

“How about we begin with the fact that you know... whatever the hay these things are, yet they don’t even live in Equestria,” Rainbow Dash stated groggily as she began to regain consciousness.

"Well, I thought you would've figured that out already. I jumped to their dimension, similar to how I did with yours."

"...What?"

Discord sighed as he rubbed his snout. "I can go to different dimensions. Similar to how I did with yours, I did with theirs."

"Oh... that makes sense?"

"So what happened when you got there?" Twilight asked curiously. "The creatures weren't exactly nice to us when they showed up."

"Maybe because we weren't ripped out of our dimension while we were dealing with an invasion," Alpha growled, clearly infuriated.

"Trust me, they nearly blew up on me as well," Discord agreed. "However, they saw me as an ally, and eventually a friend, when I helped them defeat the... what did you call the creatures again?"

"The Fallen," Akira shuddered, her rainbow gems rippling, which caught Rarity's attention. "Creatures turned by the Darkness, only knowing to kill and spread their kind throughout the world."

"So that's what you were fighting off?" Sunset asked, starting to feel guilty.

"Yes, but now we know that something is controlling them," Alpha stated. "Before we were sent to your realm, we discovered we had multiple groups attacking different cities, each at least five miles apart."

"So what do now?" Fluttershy asked. " If we can't send you home, then - " She suddenly stopped as she looked at Discord, who was giving the group an indifferent look. "Discord? Would you like to say something?"

"I was wondering when you all would realize," he said as he snapped his talons, creating a swirling blue portal near the Dragon Kitusnes. "That I could literally send them back."

Twilight face-hoofed as she sighed. "Right." She looked at Alpha and Sayuri. "So... now hard feelings?"

"Just know your lucky Discord's able to send us back home - " Alpha started, but suddenly Discord grunted as the portal turned a dark shade of violet.

"Discord? What's going on?" Fluttershy asked as she ran to his side.

"I - Something isn't right on your side, I can't - AAAHHH!" Discord cried in pain as the portal pulsed with dark magic, causing Discord to lose control and get blown back into one of the apple trees.

"Discord!" Fluttershy cried in horror as she flew to his side as Twilight noticed something in the sky.

"Hey, Rainbow? Can you check to see what that is?" She said as she pointed towards it. Nodding, the pegasus flew up to the item, only for her to come back down within seconds and holding a frightened expression.

"Uh... we might have a problem..." Rainbow said as she rubbed her hooves together. "The portal might also be opening up there as well... and there might be some creatures coming out of it."

"WHAT?!?" The Kitsunes cried in horror as they looked and, true to her word, a portal was opening - along with multiple objects of black firing out of it and landing across Ponyville.

"We have to go, NOW!" Alpha cried as he ran to the town, his companions following closely as the ponies looked onward.

"Should... should we help 'em out?" Applejack asked nervously, looking over to Discord and Fluttershy.

"I'll take care of him," the yellow pegasus responded, pale faced. "You go help them take care of those... things!"

"C'mon girls!" Twilight yelled as she ran to the city as well, her friends following shortly.

...

"Your Majesty! We are having multiple reports of dark portals appearing across Equestria!" A guard shouted as he rushed into the throne room of Canterlot, saluting quickly before continuing. " The largest one, however - possibly the source - is in Ponyville."

"I see," Princess Celestia said, a solemn expression on her face, before disappearing, only to reappear with her sister in tow. "Come, Luna - We must go help Twilight and her friends."

In response, Luna yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Do tell what you are speaking of, sister."

"Ponyville - and all of Equestria, for that matter - is having a large amount of portals appearing."

Suddenly, another guard rushed in, looking even more panicked. "Your Highness! We're getting reports of dark creatures appearing through the portals! We also have a group of five wolf-like creatures fighting alongside Princess Twilight and her friends in Ponyville, but we're not sure how long they'll last."

Luna looked at her sister, any sleepiness in her eyes now completely gone. "We must hurry, dear sister. I fear great things will happen to Equestria soon if we do not act."

...


As the portal was opened and multiple Fallen began flooding into the new realm, there was one who was watching that couldn’t help but grin.

“It has been many years since I’ve felt such raw power before,” he spoke in a stone-like voice. “Now, I will take this world as well. And there is nothing those mutts can do to stop me.”

Author's Note:

Sorry it's been a while since last posted, but as per request, here are the images for the characters.
Note: the only creatures without pictures are Raiden and Sayuri.

Credit for art goes to Judaime:

https://www.deviantart.com/judaime

Alpha:

Saki:

Akira:

Comments ( 4 )

... What images, and who doesn't have any atm?

you might of forgot to put the link at the bottom

9989792
My internet cut out mid-type after I saved it. I updated it, however, so now the images are shown

9991324
awesome! the image's look great. need to re read the story again now that what the characters look like.

Login or register to comment