• Published 21st Aug 2019
  • 413 Views, 0 Comments

Iron Mare - Ben10Man

  • ...
 0
 413

Chapter 2

Las Pegasus, 36 hours earlier...

The Apogee Award ceremony was going on at the Gladmane Resort and Casino in Las Pegasus, a group of rich ponies and other creatures applauded as the presentation showed off several pictures and news articles celebrating the mare of the hour:

"Rainbow Dash," the narrator said. "Visionary, genius. A true Equestrian Patriot. Even from an early age, the daughter of the legendary Equestrian weapons developer Bow Hothoof, quickly stole the spotlight from him with her brilliant and unique mind. While she was adept at sports and flight training, she was also a true prodigy in science. At age four, she built her first circuit board. At age six, her first engine. And at 17, she graduated from Wonderbolts Academy and served our nation proud in the military."

The patrons all smiled off proudly along with an older pegasus who wore a sit and tie along with pale blue skin and a grey tail and hair.

"Then, the passing of a titan. Hothoof's lifelong friend and ally, Wind Rider, steps in to fill in the gap left by the legendary founder of Dash Industries, named after his daughter. Until at age 22, the prodigal daughter returned and is anointed the new CEO of the now renamed Dash Industries. With the keys to the kingdom now in the rightful owner's hands, Rainbow ushers in a new era for her father's legacy, creating smarter weapons, advanced robotics, satellite targeting. Today, Rainbow Dash has changed the face of the weapons industry by ensuring our freedom and protecting Equestria and her interests around the globe."

The crowd applauded once again with a smile.

On the stage was a tough pegasus mare wearing a red dress and shoes with pale gold skin, ears and wings with a electric green-blue skin and an orange hair and tail with a yellow streak through the middle.

"As first acting liason to Dash Industries, I've had the unique privilege of serving with a true patriot," she said. "She is my friend and my great mentor. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present this year's Apogee Award to Ms. Rainbow Dash!"

The crowd went wild with applause as said mare... was nowhere to be found as the pegasus was standing with a gaping glare as she looked down.

"Rainbow?"

Wind Rider shook his head sadly as he stood and walked over to the stand and took the award from the mare.

"Thank you, Colonel. Thank you all! Thank you all very much," Wind Rider said. "This is wonderful. Well, I'm not Rainbow Dash, obviously."

The crowd laughed at the older colt's joke.

"But if I were her, I would say to you all how honored I feel and what a joy it is to receive this prestigious award. Rainbow, you know. The best thing about Rainbow is also the worst thing. She's always working."


Said mare tossed the dice in the casino as the colts and mares all cheered outwards at her excellent hand as she smiled and waved to them alongside her good friend and secretary, Thunderlane, who smiled at her as she pumped her fist.

"Work it! Come on!" she said as she smied to the colts who surrounded her... just as the Colonel walked up with a sad shake of her head.

"You are unbelievable. You know that, right?"

"Oh, come on, Lightning! Did the others rope you into this?"

"No one roped me into anything, Rainbow. The committee said that if I presented you with that great award, you'd be honored."

"Of course I'd be honored, Lightning Dust. When do we do that presentation again?"

"The award's right here," Lightning Dust said, pulling out the Apogee Award.

"Well, that was easy. Sorry I missed it, but I was a little busy."

"Gambling your fortune away, girl?"

"Speaking of which, could you hold this please?" she said, handing her award to Thunderlane before grabbing the dice. "We're going to let the bits ride. Could you give me a hand, please? I need a little luck."

Thunderlane blew on the dice and Rainbow shook them in her hand before tossing them out, landing on snake eyes.

"Two craps," the dealer said. "Line away."

"That's what happens, Rainbow," Lightning said.

"Worse things have happened, we'll be fine. Color me up, will you guys?"


Later, Rainbow with Thunderlane and a group of bodyguards walked off as Lightning walked away from the group.

"This is where I leave. Don't be late tomorrow, alright?"

"Okay, I know, I know," Rainbow chuckled as Rainbow walked off with her bodyguards towards her limousine on the road.

"Ms. Dash! Excuse me, Ms. Dash? Lyra Heartstrings of Ponyville. Can I ask you some questions?"

"Alright, hi," Rainbow smiled. "Okay, go."

"You've been called the Commander Easyglider of our time, but for inventing. What do you say to that?"

"Nothing, I don't do the military stuff anymore."

"And what do you say to your other nickname, 'The Merchant of Death?'"

Rainbow looked a little perturbed at that statement before she shrugged it off with a sigh.

"No comment," she said. "Let me guess, you from Manehattan Academy?"

"Canterlot actually."

"Well, Ms. Heartstrings, this world may be imperfect, but it's the only one we've got. I'll guarantee you that as much as the weapons are needed, I hate that my entire business is based on making them. Tell the press that all I want is a better world, but not one that has to destroy itself to get it."

"Do you rehearse that much?"

"Every night in front of the mirror before bedtime."

"I can definitely see that."

"Let me show you first hand what I mean."

"Ms Dash, all I want is a serious answer."

"I'll show you serious. My old man did have a serious philosophy. 'Peace means having a bigger stick than the other pony.'"

"That's a great line coming from the pony who sells the sticks."

"My father helped defeat many terrorists, he helped the Manehattan project. A lot of people, including your professors at Canterlot, would call that being a hero."

"And others call it war profiteering."

"Tell me, Heartstrings," Rainbow said with a glare as she started hovering with her wings. "Do you plan to help the millions we've saved with our medical technology or helped save from starvation with my company's intelli-crops? Everything that funded it was from our military projects, honey. Unfortunately."

"Do you sleep a full eight hours at night?

"Actually, only about five," she said before getting into the limo as her posse drove off, leaving the reporter alone behind them with a scoff.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment