• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 9,168 Views, 433 Comments

A Forgotten Trooper - TheIronPone035



A lone clone trooper finds himself stranded on a planet previously unknown to the galaxy. A planet, inhabited by a race of pastel ponies, all completely oblivious to the war just beyond their sky...

  • ...
25
 433
 9,168

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: A Not So Eggcellent Time

"Alright, this wire goes here, and this goes there, ok. HIT IT STINGRAY!" Strider instructed, calling out to the cockpit.

Inside the primary cockpit, a Blue jay pressed a button with its beak on the console, thus activating a monitor. Then, it used its wings on another panel which began to emit a green glow, signaling that power was being distributed through the L.A.A.T.

Strider took a couple steps back from the gunship, watching in satisfaction as several lights inside the transportation bay flickered to life. A loud whirring noise began to emerge from the ship, rattling the doors a little. It didn't seem like much, but it was already a big milestone for the rickety ship.

"Yes... yes.." Strider said out loud, a grin growing under his helmet.

The rumbling increase, before letting out one last whir. Right afterwards, the entire ship roared to life completely as all the systems came back online.

"YES! WE'VE GOT FULL POWER!" Strider cheered, raising up a fist in triumph.

Stingray flew down from the cockpit and over to Strider's side, tweeting at him happily. The only things left to do now was re-applying the left wing and repairing the right wing. Then, the gunship would be ready to fly.

"Fluttershy was right, you are a great helper." Strider stated to the Blue Jay.

Stingray smiled, before flying off towards Fluttershy's cottage. They had definitely earned whatever they were gonna do.

Strider climbed up to the cockpit and turned off the power, saving the ships limited fuel for later use. The ship quickly went back to its tranquil state, but it could easily be reactivated with the press of a button now. Strider had a smile on his face whilst climbing back down from the cockpit, only noticing Fluttershy when he was back on the ground.

"Strider? Did Stingray help with the repairing?" Fluttershy asked.

"Stingray did their part perfectly, and thanks to the added wing power, the gunship's power network is working again one hundred percent!" Strider exclaimed.

Fluttershy smiled, making a mental note to give the Blue jay a reward for their helpful work today.

"Good to hear he was a great help. By the way, are you getting ready for Princess Celestia's visit?" Fluttershy inquired.

"No, I've gotta stay focused on repairing the wings for the gunship. I'm so close to fix--- did you say Princess Celestia is visiting?" Strider asked.

"Um, yes?" Fluttershy confirmed.

"Oh that's gonna save me so much time! Why didn't you tell me this in advance?" Strider questioned.

"I didn't know until a few days ago, sorry... " Fluttershy stated.

"It's fine. I've just got to make sure that I talk with Princess Celestia and alert her of the war. This can save me both a trip and fuel." Strider exclaimed.

"Ok. Well, I was gonna go help pick out some flowers for the Princess. I came out to tell you incase you wanted to know where I went." Fluttershy stated.

"Thanks for the information. Hopefully I squeeze in a bit more repairwork before Princess Celestia arrives." Strider responded.

Fluttershy gave him a quick nod and one last smile, before she set off down the path towards Ponyville. Strider wasted no time in walking and entering the transportation bay, the still filled toolbox ready and waiting for him. He could probably start brainstorming again on ways for getting the wing back on the ship before he needed to go.

Strider picked up a wrench and rotated it in his hands, making sure it was the right side. After he confirmed that it was the right one, Strider hopped out of the transportation bay and looked up at the area where the left wing should be.

"Hmm, how am I gonna get the wing up there?" Strider wondered to himself.

The pulley system remained out of the equation due to the lack of rope (He'd gone back the next day, but he'd been told that their ropes weren't what he needed and that the next shipment wasn't gonna arrive for another week. Speaking of which, Trixie still owed him a replacement rope the next time he saw her. The wing was to heavy for him to carry so dragging it up wouldn't work.

"Maybe I could use a log to build a makeshift scaffolding system," Strider thought out loud. "or maybe a ramp and put wheels under the wing to move it... "

While Strider thought out loud, he failed to notice an orange pegasus filly with a purple mane and matching purple irises galloping away from a pack of disturbed chickens.

Strider glanced over at the chase for a second absentmindedly, before returning to his thoughts with the wing. It didn't take him long for what he saw to register in his mind, causing him to look back over at the scene. Even with all the things he'd witnessed on this strange planet, it still kept managing to throw unexpected surprises at him.

"Why do I have a feeling that's not normal?" Strider questioned out loud, watching the filly weave between a few trees in an attempt to shake the hoard.

Now, Strider knew from personal experience that Fluttershy's chickens could get a bit violent when they're disturbed. Apparently, even with Fluttershy's constant lessons, they remained easy to agitate. Those suckers, while alone easy to swat away, together packed a rather noticeable punch with their beaks alls descending on a lone target.

Deciding to give the little filly some backup, Strider set down his tools and rushed over towards the chase. He knew his blaster was ready and on standby in its holster, but he knew Fluttershy wouldn't be very happy at him knocking out her chickens... again. Still, he quickly passing the massive mob of chickens and soon found himself running parallel with the filly.

"Why do you have a gang of chickens after you?" Strider inquired, his confused expression masked behind his helmet.

"I don't know! The filly answered immediately, al be it rather sheepishly. "Well, ok I might have crashed my scooter into their hen house while doing an amazing stunt."

"Do you want some help?" Strider questioned.

"No! I can handle things myself! This is nothing!" The filly claimed. However, her eyes widened once she noticed that the mob of chickens were managing to somehow gain ground on her.

Strider stole a glance at the mob himself, before simply shaking his head. "Still don't want help?"

"Um, maybe?" The filly answered, her eyes completely locked on the chickens.

"Ok then, hold on!" Strider instructed, scooping the filly up in his arms and setting her down on his back.

The filly wrapped her fore-hooves around Strider's neck, al be it with uncertainty since Strider was going so slow- "WHOA!" The filly shouted with shock as Strider went into a full on military trooper sprint.

Strider easily dusted the chickens, making a mad dash towards the gunship's transportation bay. With calculated precision, he leaped into the bay and slammed his hand on a red button, causing the doors to close inwards. Right before the doors shut completely, the chickens spotted the filly and began running towards the gunship. But the doors shut on their faces, right in the nic of time. That didn't stop them from smashing into the door, causing several consecutive and loud thuds to ring through the transportation bay.

With the immediate threat securely locked behind a set of solid metal doors, the filly allowed a sigh of relief to escape her mouth. She gave the door one last solid stare, before she looked up at the clone.

"Thanks." The filly said.

"You're welcome, I'm Strider." Strider greeted, extending out a hand.

"I'm Scootaloo!" Scootaloo responded, shaking Strider's hand with a fore-hoof.

With introductions out of the way, Strider decided to take the direct approach;

"So, what was this 'amazing stunt' that sent you crashing into Fluttershy's chicken coop?" Strider inquired.

Scootaloo's eyes seemed to literally light up at his question. She rushed over to an empty crate that originally held a few spare parts, this turned out to be a good thing because she knocked it over and stood on top of it immediately afterwards.

"Ok, imagine that I'm on a scooter right now, and before me is a massive ramp. Beyond that ramp are three big rings that are spread out which can be lit on fire! I've also got rockets strapped to the scooter which I light right before reaching the ramp. The rockets propel me through the rings, and I land perfectly on the other side where another ramp is placed." Scootaloo exclaimed, completely enthusiastic and not at all worried about the dangers of the stunt.

Strider couldn't help but admire the filly's ambitiousness. He knew a handful of men who'd do the same thing but with different scenarios and reasons.

"Sounds interesting, dangerous, but interesting." Strider admitted.

"No stunt is to dangerous for me! I know I'll get my cutie mark for it one day. I've just gotta keep trying different stunts until it appears!" Scootaloo proclaimed.

"Even if it involves a mob of angry chickens chasing you?"

Scootaloo's wide and determined smile faltered at those words. She glanced back over at the massive door that was keeping the animals in question away.

Strider merely shook his head in amusement, before he approached a panel on the back wall. With a few quick button presses, the blast doors opened a bit, allowing some sunlight to enter the bay. Both the clone and the filly did a quick once-over around the area, noticing that the chickens were completely absent.

"We're all clear, you can head back home without having to look over your shoulder for chickens now." Strider said, flipping a final switch which opened the blast doors the rest of the way.

Scootaloo was quick to hop out of the transportation bay, ready to return to Ponyville and practice her stunts somewhere else. However, she halted mid trot towards the dirt path that led to town when she realized something. Strider noticed her sudden hesitation, raising an eyebrow in confusion under his helmet.

"What's wrong?"

"My scooter. It's still in the chicken coop!" Scootaloo stated, the realization quickly dawning on her.

Strider shot a quick glance towards Fluttershy's backyard, where the chicken coop had been built. He stared at Scootaloo for a few seconds, debating whether or not it would be worth the trouble.

The look Scootaloo gave him was all that he needed, but that didn't make it any more annoying. Without saying a word, instead simply raising one finger to signify a minute, Strider left the bay himself and began walking towards the backyard. It couldn't be that hard to retrieve a scooter from a pack of chickens, right?


Scootaloo dangled her back hooves over one of the sides of the transportation bay, her mind drifting whilst her eyes watched a few stray clouds roll by in the baby blue sky. She knew one day, she'd be up in that sky, flying alongside her idol in a performance that would amaze everypony in Equestria.

Her trail of thought faded once she heard the sound of footsteps approaching from Fluttershy's cottage. The orange filly was quick to divert her gaze from the sky, eager to see if Strider had been able to get her scooter back.

"Did you find my-" Scootaloo's sentence faded instantly as her eyes locked on the trooper, or more accurately, the state he was in.

Strider's armor had obtained several splotches of yolk, white feathers sticking to the eggy substance that surrounded it. His helmet's visor had eggs smeared all over it, leaving a sickly yellow taint over the black tinted glass. In his left hand was a blue scooter which was in a similar state to his armor, with egg, yolk, and feathers scattered all over its blue wooden body.

Scootaloo forced back a fit of laughter as Strider set the scooter down on the ground in front of her.

"Thank's Strider. Sorry about the eggs... and feathers." Scootaloo apologized as she mounted the scooter. She cringed as her hooves touched the sticky eggs and feathers which began to stick to her fur as well.

"No, problem... " Strider grumbled, his tone giving away that his statement wasn't exactly true.

The clone watched as Scootaloo took off down the path, becoming a pere speck in the distance compared to the rest of the town. He turned his back on the sight and approached a hose that was hooked up to a barrel next which had been placed against one of the cottages walls. He twisted a metal knob to the left, allowing a faint stream of water to exit through the nozzle of the hose.

"Sometimes I wonder why I help." Strider muttered, before pointing the nozzle right at his face to wash the egg from his helmets visor.

Author's Note:

No chickens were harmed in the making of this chapter. :raritywink:

PreviousChapters Next