• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 9,141 Views, 433 Comments

A Forgotten Trooper - TheIronPone035



A lone clone trooper finds himself stranded on a planet previously unknown to the galaxy. A planet, inhabited by a race of pastel ponies, all completely oblivious to the war just beyond their sky...

  • ...
25
 433
 9,141

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40: Cut Short

Strider set down a spare Com Link on the wooden table in front of Fluttershy. The Pegasus eyed the device for a few seconds, before gently picking it up.

"That's a stander-ed issued Communication Device that is hooked up to my wrist com. If anything bad happens then use that to alert me and i'll try to get back as fast as I can." Strider explained.

Fluttershy rotated the rectangular device in her hooves, before putting it back on the table.

"Um, how does it work?" Fluttershy asked, trying to figure out what did what.

Strider picked up the device and pointed at a few buttons.

"This button activated the Com Link which will send a signal to mine. Once the beeping stops, that means I answered. If this square lights up green then that means i'm trying to contact you. The way to answer it to press the green square once, and to speak to me, just talk out loud and the Com Link will pick it up." Strider stated, setting the Com Link back on the table.

"Ok, good luck at Canterlot Strider." Fluttershy said, giving Strider one last smile before he would leave.

"Thanks," Strider answered, walking over to the door.

Strider pushed the red door open and stepped out into the sunlight. He shut the door and walked around towards the shed behind the cottage.

Strider reached the shed and entered, making his way over to an empty crate which was being used like a table. He set down the pack of bits, a DC-15S, and a holo-projector. Strider looked over the items, checking them off of his mental checklist, before putting them back where they originally were on his utility belt.

Strider finished his checking when he picked the DC-15S up and double checked that it was in working order, before putting it in a makeshift holster on his utility belt that he had found in the wreckage of the Gunship.

"That would of proven useful a while ago." Strider muttered to himself, before taking his focus off the holster and at the door.

The Trooper walked back to the still open door and stepped out of the shed, only for a strange feeling to shoot through his mind. Strider stopped in his tracks, looking around the area for anything out of the ordinary, but everything seemed normal.

That was, until the faint rustle of leaves alerted him of someones presence. Strider looked over towards the source of the rustling only to notice a bunny hopping out of a bush.

Strider reminded himself that he was in the backyard of what was basically an animal shelter, but that feeling still loomed around him.

After a few minutes, Strider let himself calm down. The only creatures around him were harmless critters that Fluttershy took care of every day.

Strider reminded himself of his task, getting to that train station, and took a step forward. Right as his boot landed back on the grass, that feeling spiked up.

"Who's there!?" Strider called out, surveying the area again.

Seconds seemed to drag on as the eerie silence engulfed the yard, until it was shattered when something right behind the Trooper shouted "NOW!"

Strider turned around just in time to see a white furred stallion with gold armor on point a spear right at his chest. The Stallion was quickly backed up by several other ponies that looked almost identical to him, each wearing golden armor and had spears at the ready.

"Put your hands up!" The Stallion in front of him ordered.

Strider tried to reach for the DC-15S, but it was grabbed by another Guard and taken away. His motion to grab the blaster also earned him several more spears aimed at him.

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!" Strider shouted, putting his hands on the top of his helmet.

"Don't move or things will get ugly." The Guard in front of him claimed, before glancing over at another Guard.

"Alert the Princess, we've got him." He ordered.

The Guard saluted before taking off towards Fluttershy's cottage.


Fluttershy was in the middle of pouring some bird seed into a bird feeder in the corner of her cottage when a knock at the door alerted her that somepony was there.

Fluttershy quickly finished filling up the bird feeder before setting the bag down against the stone fireplace and trotted over to the front door. She was expecting it to likely be one of her friends who wanted to say hello, or maybe Strider had forgotten something so he came back to get it. But one thing was certain, she wasn't expecting to see Princess Celestia on the other side of the door, her mane and tail flowing in the air.

"Oh, um, y-your M-Magi-sty," Fluttershy stammered, bowing before the Alicorn.

"Hello Fluttershy, it is very nice to see you today." Princess Celestia stated.

Fluttershy slowly stood back up, trying her best to not have her fore-hooves shake uncontrollably. Yes she had seen Princess Celestia before, but that was with her friends who made the whole place seem more calm. But alone, it felt like she was being watched like a hawk for any mistakes she might do.

"Now, as much as it is to see one of my faithful students friends, I do have something I would like to talk to you about." Princess Celestia exclaimed.

"Oh, Right, Strider was just about to go see you in Canterlot actually." Fluttershy said.

"Really? Well I guess I saved them the trip then." Princess Celestia exclaimed.

"Well, i'm not sure. He was just about to leave for the train station and i'm not sure if he made it before you arri--" Fluttershy was cut off when a Guard caught her attention.

The Guard rushed over to Princess Celestia's side before giving a quick bow and standing to attention.

"Your Majesty, we have the creature in our custody." The Guard said boldly.

"Custody? I ordered for them not to be threatened or harmed." Princess Celestia stated.

"Oh," The Guard muttered. "They're around back."

The Guard led the way back around the cottage, Princess Celestia and Fluttershy following. It didn't take long before the Princess and Pegasus noticed the ring of Guards standing around Strider, each one keeping a spear pointed at the Trooper.

The Guard went over to another who was the only one to have a different styled helmet. He whispered something in the other Guard's ear, before standing next to his comrades.

The Other Guard put a hoof to his muzzle, before looking over at the Guards. "Stand down, but stay sharp!"

The Guards quickly backed away from Strider, most of them lowering their spears but still kept their eyes focused on him.

"Ma'am," Strider greeted, saluting to the Alicorn.

"Greetings Strider, it is nice to finally meet you," Princess Celestia exclaimed. "and i'm sure both of us have some questions for each other."

Author's Note:

This will be the last chapter before good old School starts up again, so chapters will end up being released much slower sadly, but trust me when I say that I will try my hardest to keep this story afloat. No matter what it will NOT end up on Hiatus, that will be the last thing I do, I Pinkie Promise!

(I've done it again haven't I?)

PreviousChapters Next