• Published 12th Aug 2012
  • 2,246 Views, 21 Comments

Different? - mageli7



After another fight with her sister, Sweetie Belle goes for a small walk so she can calm down.

  • ...
12
 21
 2,246

Different?

"SWEETIE BELLE?!" Rarity screamed, looking at her destroyed dress.

Sweetie Belle walked downstairs and into Rarity's studio, "Hey Rarity something wro- AGH! What happened to your dress?!"

Sweetie Belle stared at the dress levitating in front of her. There were several small scratches around the dress, easy to fix, but the real concern was a large cut, right down the middle of the dress. The dress was held together by a single thread, and even that thread was starting to break.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY DRESS?!" Rarity roared at her sister, who crouched down as if trying to turn invisible.

"Rarity," Sweetie started, looking up at her sister, "I-I didn't touch your dress, I didn't even know it was in here."

"Oh yes you did, you did this! I know you did, you always ruin everything! All you do is use that loud mouth of yours and sing!" Rarity screeched as she set the dress down on top of a sleeping Opalescence, who was already covered in shreds of fabric that Rarity didn't notice.

Sweetie looked up as tears formed in her eyes, she had never thought of her talent or cutie mark, which was a bluebird singing, to be a curse. Did Rarity really think this about her?

"Sis," Sweetie said, getting up, "I swear I didn't, I know how much this dress means to you."

"Save it! I am going to talk with you later, now I have to remake the whole dress! Can't you do anything right for once?!" Rarity said as she shoved Sweetie Belle out of the room, "Think about what you did!" Rarity yelled before slamming the doors to her studio in Sweetie's face.

Sweetie sighed walking away from the studio and into her room, what had she done? Sweetie had been sitting in her room all day. She sighed as she sat down on her bed. Her sister was right, she messed up everything. Sweetie put her face into her hooves, couldn't she do anything right?

Sweetie got up from her bed and looked around her room. After looking for awhile she spotted what she was looking for: her saddlebag. Sweetie Belle picked up her saddlebag and put it on her bed. She filled it with small items, an umbrella, a compass, and a single apple. she looked over to her desk and pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil.

After writing a short note to Rarity explaining the situation and setting it on her bed, Sweetie walked downstairs and to the front door. She opened the door quietly and said quietly, 'Bye Rarity..."

Sweetie breathed in the cool, autumn air as she walked outside. It had been getting colder at nights, fall was coming fast. She walked forward, looking around as she did. Nopony was in sight, but just to be safe, Sweetie stuck to the alleyways of Ponyville, trying to get to her destination, the Everfree forest.

She had been told numerous times how unsafe the forest surrounding Ponyville was. She had learned that when the crusaders ran off when staying at Fluttershy's. It didn't matter to her now, she was older, she could fend for herself.

Sweetie soon neared the Everfree. She had heard the forest had the exact road to Canterlot, her mother and father were there, they would understand her. Rarity just didn't like her, and why should she? She tried to be like her sister, trying harder to not mess things up, but it seemed something always got in the way. Mostly her, Sweetie got in the way.

Sweetie walked into the forest, the farther she moved, the darker it got. Sweetie sighed, making a small illuminating ball from her horn. The ball followed close, sticking with her, it's bright green light guiding her. The fact that she could do any magic was amazing, Sweetie had never been very good at casting spells and using magic. The only time she had made some amazing happen was when she was mad at Rarity and had proceeded to pick up a small picture of her sister in her room and throw it on the ground. It was the only time she had done a levitation spell.

Walking further into the darkness, Sweetie shivered, it had been colder then she had expected. Much colder. She opened her bag to find the compass, she needed to know which way to go. Sweetie knew that Canterlot was to the North of Ponyville, she had learned that from Cheerilee. She could remember nearly everything Cheerilee had taught, it was simple courses really. Or it could be the fact that Sweetie loved learning. It seemed that she was always either singing or reading.

She looked in the bag, trying to find the compass, where was it? Sweetie was sure she had packed it, she remembered doing so. Sweetie shuffled the objects before noticing a hole in the bag.

"Oh ponyfeathers!" Sweetie groaned, she was already far into the Everfree and she couldn't go back anyways, she wouldn't.

A twig snapped behind Sweetie Belle, making her lose her concentration, stopping her magic.

"Ah! Nonononononononono!" Sweetie said trying to get the spell right, and failing.

While Sweetie tried to get the spell, a growl sounded and two large, red eyes appeared from the bushes.

"AH! DON'T KILL ME!" Sweetie screamed, running forward into the darkness.

Sweetie ran faster, before she hit something hard and fell back, looking up she noticed what she had run into and screamed again.

Staring back at Sweetie was a large statue, a pony on it's back legs, one hoof raised ready to strike.

"AHHH, NIGHTMARE MOON!" Sweetie cried, flailing around as a large bruise formed on her head from the fall.

After realizing that the statue was in fact concrete, and couldn't hurt her, Sweetie Belle stood up brushing herself off.

"Just a stupid statue..." She grumbled as she stepped out of the way of the statue... Only to fall into mud.

"ACK! MUD!" Sweetie yelled, coughing out the mud. Could anything else go wrong?

Apparently yes, just as Sweetie thought this the thunder sounded and rain began to fall, only a little at first, but soon becoming large drops, hitting Sweetie on the head. Sweetie tripped and fell over, after standing up Sweetie saw a famliar figure.

"Rarity...? RARITY!" Sweetie yelled, running to her big sister.

"Sweetie Belle! I've been looking everywhere for you, I'm so sorry for yelling at you... It wasn't your fault, I found the real culprit, and let's just say Opalescence won't be sleeping on my bed for awhile," Rarity said hugging her sister.

"It's ok... Do you still love me Rarity?" Sweetie asked, looking up at her big sister.

Rarity hugged Sweetie smiling, "I'll always love my little sister."

"I love you too Rarity..."

Comments ( 20 )

Sweetie is starting to question her life, is she different? Is she even a pony?

When exactly did this moral dilemma show up? :rainbowhuh:

Not badly written, but the story itself needed more substance. It seemed way too short, and ended too suddenly. Keep writing! :raritywink:

1074095

It happened from her getting yelled at by Rarity wayyyy to often, how would you feel constantly getting yelled at by your sister who you look up to?

1074110

It was short because this was a realllly short one-shot I wanted to do, my stories are usually longer. :derpytongue2:

it ended a little abruptly, but it was good

1074205

It ended abruptly cause I'm extremely lazy... :twilightblush: Sorrrry

Haven't read yet, but by the description, I felt the pressing need to say this:
No, she is not a pony. Sweetie Belle is robot =D (MLP: Friendship is Witchcraft reference)

Short, rushed and pointless.
...
Favorited.
:moustache::trollestia::scootangel:

1074284

You have no idea how tempted I was to make her a robot! :rainbowlaugh:

1074294

That's how most my stories are! Hope you like!:pinkiehappy:

:D I LOVE THIS STORY! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::raritystarry::raritystarry::yay::yay::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy: We need more Rarity Sweetie Belle sister stories :D

1074600

Oh my... Those hearts.... Anyways! Thank you! I really like making short fics like these (because I'm lazy) so I may make more like this :twilightsmile:

1074613 :D Please tell me if you do! I have Rarity and Sweetie Belle stories too XD I just uploaded my second one today :D :pinkiehappy::heart:

Misleading description, but still a good story. Made me, "Awwww...":rainbowkiss:

1074928

Heh, sorry about the description... I sorta forgot to change it after I had written the story... Oopsies :twilightsheepish:

1075040

Ya Sweetie is just about the most realistic pony in Ponyville... Shes still a filly, give her some credit :rainbowlaugh:

I know about the description, it made me wanna chuck my computer at a wall when I realized my mistake... I ARE SO SMARTTTTT :derpytongue2:

Ok there, I think I fixed the description so I don't look like a total idiot! YAYYYYYYYY! :yay:

4 Dislikes?


I liked it anyhow, great job.

1075152

Awww how sweet of you! I made this in like an hour :rainbowlaugh:

I suspected Opal was the culprit and I was right.

Login or register to comment