• Published 5th May 2019
  • 178 Views, 0 Comments

Guild of Hidden Heroes- Love Craft - Sanguine Blade



What if all authors in Equestria were actually speaking of real things?

  • ...
 0
 178

Love Craft the Supernatural

If one were to head south of Manehattan, the tiny province of Road Island would be seen and in this area sits a small cabin. In it sat a mature stallion with a fairly lithe pony of average build. He wore a clean black and white suit with a pair of glasses attached to a chain that lead to a front pocket. This is the stallion Love Craft, a controversial author of many books sold around Equestrian. A knock rattled his door and he stood to open the door. As the door opened their was a mare with gray hair and tan fur.

"Ms. Yearling, to what do I owe your company?" Love Craft said.

"I'm here to talk with you about something that I came across." Yearling said and walked into the dimly lit cabin. "You really need to brighten up your home Craft." She said observing the dim lanterns hanging inf wall sconces.
"Spit it out Daring. What do you need my expertise for." Lovecraft said shutting his door. Yearling sat down and pulled out a small statue. The being on it was some tentacled beast with its body curled up. Lovecraft grabbed her by the shoulders. "Where did you get this?!" He said with fury in his voice.

"I snatched from a ritual cult in the jungle. Looks like your old enemies are not as dead as you thought Love Craft." Yearling said readjusting herself when Love Craft let go.

"If they let that beast back into the world all of Tartarus will crumble into the void, and no one will live to see the light of day again within one day." Love Craft said. "Where are they?" he asked with all seriousness in his voice.

"They are at the edge of a small fishing village on the opposite side of Equestria from here." Yearling said. Lovecraft swapped put on the circular glasses, a beaten up fedora from a chair and a stripped tie in place of his plain black tie. Yearling smiled. "Welcome back Love Craft, or should I say Cart Bird." She said looking at his fake mark of a bird on a cart instead of his heart with a hammer mark.

"I guess my dance with that thing will never end." He said changing his voice to a lighter pitch with his horn which he had disguised with a messy wig that people thought was his hair, but underneath was a finely kept short mane. He grabbed his saddle bag and filled it with potions, a large gun and a two tomes, one of ancient chants and the other was a black tome with a white runic circle on it. "Lets go." He said teleporting them to the road out of town and began walking to the station in Manehattan.

The steam engine let out a loud whistle as the two rode towards the nearest station of Baltimare.

"So why did you leave?" Yearling asked.

"You remember why. After so long of hunting, I wanted to leave. Unlike you, not many like the man who looks like a tribalist." Love Craft replied.

"I told you that it didn't have to be so bad. You were the one who chose to make your life the way it was." She replied.

"You are a jungle hunter that makes your ability to hide easier. I had to go into towns more often so i needed the most opposite life to my work." He said. Yearling sighed.

"The guild does miss you Craft." Yearling said.

"Come on, don't lie to me. Sir Coveted Soil the crime solver, Inferno the Tartarus walker, Shaking Spear the romantic, Doctor Whooves the time watcher, do I even need to bring up the Wolf the dragon slayer?" Love Craft replied.

"You were one of the best we had. Not to mention your skills at fighting the supernatural." Yearling replied.

"Health Sing is also good with the paranormal. Though it pains me to say that." Love Craft replied. Yearling reached over and smacked him.

"Would you stop it! You know your skill is high, yet you just keep throwing this pity over yourself! Is this what she would have wanted?!" She shouted at him and he froze. Then his face took on its traditional blank expression before standing up.

"It will be a while before we arrive. I'm going to nap." He said trotting to his bedroom and shutting the door.

"Why did I say that?" Yearling said sighing, and realizing what she had just said.

The sun rose in Baltimare as the two stepped off of the train.

"Now we have to go by foot or boat." Yearling said.

"Boat would be faster than walking blind into the woods south of here." Love Craft said. The two purchased a small boat and sailed south. After an hour the two arrived at the small fishing village. Love Craft looked at the citizens.

"Everyone seems very...suspicious. The whole town must be involved." He whispered to Yearling who by now was in her Daring Do clothing.

"Yes it would seem so." Daring replied. she waved to a pony. "Excuse me?!" she called to the pony she flagged down.

"What do you want stranger." The pony said in a monotone.

"Is there an inn where we can buy a room?" She replied.

"Follow the main road. Its the last building on the right." The stallion replied. his body looked shriveled like a grape left in the sun. His body was pale and extremely thin.

"Thank you sir." Daring replied and the two walked on. As they reached the inn a normal mare walked out of a shop and ran over to them.

"Oh thank Celestia, some more normal people." the mare said.

"Can you tell us about this place madam." Cart Bird said.

"Well the village is filled with frail people, but some look to be not that old, and it seems to change in a single year around the age of ten. They go from perfectly normal ponies to malnourished and deformed. Ponies say that their is a strange forest ritual here too." She whispered.

"Then why are you here?" Cart Bird asked.

"The land is cheap, and my grandmother was from here allegedly." the mare replied. Cart slipped some bits from his sleeve into her hoof.

"Its best that you leave. That should get you money for the train in Baltimare." He said and the mare walked away mouthing thank you. Then the duo finally bought a one night room and went inside to speak. The room had peeling paint with mold spots near the window. Love Craft pulled out a small metal pol which he extended to block the door.

"There is no bolt to block this door. This is definitely shady." He said giving a tap on the bar which was now glowing to seal the anchor in its place. The two slept for a bit until Daring was awoken by Cart Bird shaking her.

"We gotta go. Hooves are climbing up the stairs." He said and teleported them into the forest near the town from the window the room had.

"Okay. There seems to be a fire over there." Daring said pointing to a glow in the woods. The two reached the glow to see a cult dancing around a circle with some of the townspeople dead and their blood pooling in the center of a runic circle. Cart Bird opened up his runic book and began chanting.

"Heavenly maker. Smite the people who worship the children of Cain so that they might be cleansed by your divine hoof. In the name of the Creator above. BEGONE!" He finished and a divine bean fired from his hands blinding the cultists. The circle was destroyed and all the ponies that had died were disintegrated. "Run!" he said and the two ran back to the town. The townsfolk tried to stop them, but Cart just threw potions that stopped them and fired his gun to alt their advance. The reached the boat and started sailing away.

"Heavenly maker of Gaia smite the children of Cain so they may never harm your creations again. Grant me the power to smite in your NAME AND CLEANSE THIS LAND!" He shouted and the village erupted in a bright divine light. The village burned away under the divine beam. Where a town once stood was nothing, but an empty shoreline. The two passed out as the boat sailed along the coast.

As the light rose over the sky, The two hit shore on the beach of Baltimare. "Well another job done" Daring said as they looked out at the sea. "I assume you are retiring again?" She asked looking at Love Craft. Although Love Craft simply shook his head.

"I've realized I cannot escape this life. Plus I could always use the extra money." He replied. "Also, she wouldn't approve of my actions of late." He finished smiling and Daring hugged him.

"Welcome back Love Craft" She said as they left for the train station...

Author's Note:

This was based off of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen(No not the film, but the series and the idea of fake people being real, but hiding) I really hope the concept can be branched out by others writings. I wrote this mainly to spike interest in the concept.

Love Craft made a character, Randolph Carter as his self insert. Sir Soil and Sir Conan Doyle etc.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment