• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 503 Views, 6 Comments

High Fire - CossackFox



When a rivalry escalates between the Wonderbolts and Washouts how far will it go?

  • ...
 6
 503

Chapter 5

In a stadium full of colorful lights, The Washouts were practicing there moves for their next show and if they EVER have to race against The Wonderbolts. Lightning Dust was leading the line of her teammates as they zoomed through 5 rings of fire and dived down. Rolling Thunder eyed at the dangerous obstacles ahead of the team "Ya ready rookies?"

She and the original trio dived down into the obstacles, and the "New recruits" followed. Lightnings family relatives were pretty impressive for the most part, they were surprisingly fast enough to avoid getting hacked by saw and axes and crushed by giant spikes. Though most of them were sitting out to watch over and learn about the tricks that the Washouts usually do.

In a special lookout protected with glass, Steel Deal, Wing Rider, and Timber Hammer were all watching The Washouts in their comfy chairs. Wind Rider was gulping down a bit of his Grape Soda as he was gazing down behind his shades "So, when's the big boss gonna come?"

Timber Hammer glared at Wind Rider "He gets here when he gets here old fella!"

Steel Deal was eating a carrot roll and rudely speaking with his mouth full "Fyah, fit fown und fatch fe fow"

Suddenly everyone heard humming behind them, it was the big boss. The leader of a business and the founder of the Washouts, Mr. King Wing Jr. The pegasus certainly looked very handsome, with his combed blue mane and his yellow eyes. He had fur similar to Lightning Dust and he had a nice black business suit, the tie however, had green stripes. The pegasus smirked as he approached Wind Rider "Well, look who we have here. Wind Rider, a former Wonderbolt, my own overseer of Lightnings team"

Wind Rider stared at the aquamarine pegasus in awe and had an uncomfortable feeling around him, just as much as he had with Timber Hammer. Wind Rider eyed The Washouts, but he especially looked at Lightning Dust. King Wing Jr. noticed and sat in a chair next to him "Like my daughters skills? Taught her a bunch of the moves myself, even though I'm not a Bolt, I sure have skills of a master flier! Makes me MAD when I reflect on the fact that I didn't get in"

Back at the training down below, the team split up. Lightning Dust twisted her body and spun right past sharp blades as they hit the ground right behind her. Lightning Dust soon gazed towards rings full of electricity, she gave a determined look as she touched the ground and gazed right at the end of the line of rings.

Wind Rider turned to look at King Wing Jr. "So sir, tell me more about your daughter. I heard many things about her, not all of them are good ones. I'd like to hear about her skills and your daughter herself"

King Wing Jr. looked towards Wind Rider, and back at his flying daughter "Well if you must know, Mr. Rider" a butler arrived with two three glasses of White Wine, the businessman thanked the butler as he left "As I was saying, she was quite the job to take care of. She was a bit of a challenge to take care of when she was a filly. She would get into fights with big old Timber here, but I believe its good for children to become fighters"

Lightning Dust was pinned on the ground, the little filly was helpless to try and get up as the young Timber Hammer grinned evilly. Lightning then layed a kick to Timber Hammers face as his lip bled.

Their brothers and sisters were even encouraging the fighting, with King Wing Jr. smirking while drinking his glass of wine "Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Timber Hammer punched Lightning Dust, leaving a bruise on her cheeks. But the tiny filly wasn't going down, grabbed Timber Hammer by the mane and ripped out pieces of it. The two children yelled at each other angrily, until the shouting stopped. The two were pulled away from each other by a mare with the same coat as Lightning and King Wing Jr., but this mare had a purple mane and tail and had blue eyes. This was Cirrus Powder, the wife of King Wing Jr. "YOU STOP FIGHTING RIGHT NOW!!!!! KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!"

The two young ponies glared at each other, Cirrus spoke again "I can't believe you two! Fighting each other! What is wrong with you!?"

Timber Hammer glared at Lightning Dust "I was being HONEST with her! She doesn't deserve to be a member of the Wonderbolts! She belongs in a stupid Weather Team!"

Lightning Dust struggled like a fly in a spiders web as she tried to get out of her mothers grasp. Cirrus held on tightly "Lightning Dust! Knock it off right now!"

Lightning Dust was still struggling determined to hurt her brother "Let me go! Mom! Let me go!"

Lightning then resorted to biting her mom's hoof and then flying to Timber Hammer and continuing punching the living daylights out of her mean brother. Her siblings went right back to cheering for the fight "Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!"

King Wing Jr. smirked and nodded at his two children fighting.

Wind Rider rubbed his head and looked at Timber Hammer and back at King Wing Jr. "That doesn't seem very good. Did they not have those wounds for a long time?"

King Wing Jr. smirked and scoffed "I pull them away from each other when it gets to harsh"

Wind Rider shook his head in disbelief and gazed back at Lightning Dust "So how did you teach her your tricks?"

The business pony smiled and laughed "Its not just me, my wife took part too! She was once a Bolt too, before she retired. I was trying out for the team but didn't make it. But both me and her had our share of trophies. Mostly for speed"

Wind Rider took off his shades and looked at King Wing Jr. "Your wife was a Wonderbolt? Amazing!" he kept his smile on but it soon disappeared when he thought of something "Wait! Sir, I didn't see your wife around. What happened to her?"

King Wing Jr. soon sat still with his eyes widened, he remembered exactly what happened to his wife.

King Wing Jr. dropped his jug of beer on the floor, the cup shattered and beer and glass was spilt all over the floor. All his children were watching the TV, a casino building was lit on fire.

A news pony looked at the camera "I'm here at the casino right now, a fire has suddenly occurred! There appears to be no survivors..."

An explosion happened on screen as more screams were heard "Cirrus Powder, a retired Wonderbolt had been reported to have been caught in the fire, and there appears to be no sign of her alive"

Later...
Lightning Dust was crying on her pillow, her mother was just killed in a fire. And she has now lost one of the people that loved her.

Only one pony was there to comfort her, a white pegasus named Bottle Fizz. Her only sibling that wasn't threatening or wanting to be intimidating. He hugged her tightly as Lightning Dust count crying.

Lightning Dust was traveling through the rings of electricity and spinning through the rings, electricity surrounded her as she approached the end.

Wind Rider was still trying to catch King Wing Jr.s attention "Um, sir? Sir?"

King Wing Jr. shook his head back to reality and glared at Wind Rider "That's none of your concern!"

Wind Rider quickly went back to looking at Lightning Dusts skills. The aquamarine pegasus touched the stream of water, closely but not enough to electrify her. The stream she left behind was electrified water hopped into the air as Lightning finished by touching the ground.

Wind Rider smirked a bit "You know, I can definitely work with her and the Washouts!"

Wind Rider then thought of something and got more ideas "Can you fund me and this team to make a show for ponies in Las Pegasus? I hear the Wonderbolts are planning on doing a show there, we can show them how much better we are! We can make Rainbow Dash and Spitfire look like the stupid clowns they are! Will you sir?"

Steel Deal and Timber Hammer grinned and nodded towards their dad, King Wing Jr. nodded back and smiled at Wind Rider "Anything for somepony to make me money"

Wind Rider and King Wing Jr laughed together. The thought of being better than the Wonderbolts sure did bring a smile to the greedy ponies.

Author's Note:

And so my little ponies we get a little insight into how King Wing Jr. works and how he raised his children.

King Wing Jr. certainly is a bad influence and a bad father :twilightangry2:

How will the Washouts be in Las Pegasus? And what more shady acts does King Wing Jr., Wind Rider, King Wing Jr.s his family, and The Washouts have planned for The Wonderbolts? :derpyderp1:

Hopefully, we'll find out! :rainbowwild:

Comments ( 1 )

Oof
I smell drama for the next chapter :yay:
This is good like always! 😁

Login or register to comment