• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 503 Views, 6 Comments

High Fire - CossackFox



When a rivalry escalates between the Wonderbolts and Washouts how far will it go?

  • ...
 6
 503

Introduction

In the quiet grasslands, flowers bloom, with nice cool wind brushing upon them. Bees buzzed on the flowers, and quietly collect nectar. When suddenly, above the clouds, in the blue skies appeared trails of smoke. Three smoke trails belonging to three pegasi.

The Wonderbolts! The best and most amazing flying team in Equestria!

There were three right now. One with yellow fur and an orange mane, the leader Spitfire, another light blue fur and an navy blue mane, Soarin, and Fleetfoot with an aquamarine coat and a white mane. All in blue and yellow uniforms with goggles on their eyes.

They were flying in a group formation, Spitfire smiled to her team "Nice day to practice, green grass, cool air. Great!"

Fleetfoot nodded "It really is nice, ma'am"

Soarin rubbed his head "Captain, ma'am? It's nice and all but where is?...."

Suddenly a unique cyan pegasus, with a rainbow mans and tail, appeared right next to Soarin, but she left behind a Rainbow Trail "Welp....here I am!"

Soarin almost panicked but was able to stay in formation "Oh! Hey Crash! Don't scare me like that! Almost gave me a heart attack!"

Rainbow Dash chuckled "Sorry Soarin, hope I didn't miss a lot"

Spitfire shook her head and looked down at a pond "Alright team! Down near the pond!"

They did as instructed and dove down near the pond, they flew close to the water and left behind a stream of water as they flew. Rainbow was really enjoying her time "WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! THIS. IS. AWESOME!!!!!!!"

They flew back up into the air and the water stream died down. They approached some clouds with buildings on it, it was The Wonderbolt Base!

They slowed down, and equally landed on the ground. They pulled up their goggles and sighed in relaxation. Spitfire smiled "Aaaah! I looove the feeling of frozen water in the clouds!"

Soarin laughed and rolled his eyes "We all do Captain."

The light-blue pegasus turned his head to look at Rainbow Dash and smiled "Great day of flying, eh Crash?"

Rainbow shook her body and smiled "Yep! Day was just great!"

Spitfire spoke to the three Wonderbolts "Alright Bolts, we'll be taking the weekend off tomorrow"

Rainbow and Soarin moaned "Aaaaaaahhhhh, but Spitfire"

Spitfire raised her eyebrow "Ahem"

The two stood attention "Sorry ma'am"

Spitfire walked back and forth "I will be visiting my mom tomorrow, and I won't be back until Monday. So until then, have fun, ooooor you can practice. Whatever you choose. See you on Monday bolts!"

Spitfire walked away and then Fleetfoot followed. Soon the other Wonderbolts that practiced before they did, started to head to the lockers. Soarin and Rainbow Dash soon followed.

Rainbows ears perked as she heard two voices talk silently
"Big Bro, take it, take it, take it!"
"We're stealing A PIE sis?"
"Yeah, we need this Pie for the get together"
A slam was heard and the sound of flapping too, soon it faded away.

Later in the lockers, the Bolts were getting undressed. Misty Fly closed her locker and stared back at Rainbow Dash and Soarin. The two were talking to each other, Rainbow Dash put her jacket on "Can't wait to go to Twilights castle! We're gonna have a sleepover!"

Soarin took his Wonderbolt uniform off and placed his goggles down "Glad you're having fun. I'm just going back home and watching the TV. As usual"

Rainbow paused for a minute before closing her locker door, she was thinking, about how Soarin is usually by himself. She saw Soarin turning his lock, she stood up straight and turned to Soarin "You know...maybe you could come over with us"

Soarin mumbled for a moment "Uh...uh...uh...ummmmmm"

Misty Fly smirked "Ooooooo, a mares inviting you. Lucky guy!"

She laughed while she walked out "Soarin and Rainbow sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Soarin groaned while blushing "Ugh! This again!"

Rainbow rolled her eyes, though she didn't like to admit it but...

Soarin soon unlocked his locker "Lets get to your friends before anything else happens"

He opened up the door "What the!? My pie and my chocolate cake! It's gone!"

Rainbow gave a look of confusion "Wait what? A pie and a cake?"

Soarin panicked and looked around "Oh my gosh! Somebody stole it! How did my locker get unlocked! Who got.."

Rainbow grabbed his jacket and grabbed his face "Hey!....Relax!"

Soarin calmed down, took deep breathes and did as Rainbow asked. The cyan pegasus spoke again "Pinkie Pie can make you a better Pie and cake"

Soarin nodded and smiled "Yeah! You're right"

The stallion got his jacket, closed his locker, and looked at Dash "Wanna race to Sugarcube Corner?"

Rainbow gave a determined smile "You. Are. On!"

They both ran to the door. They saw the bright blue sky and the white fluffy clouds. However, before they took off however, Soarin saw something rather unsettling. He saw a pale-green colored pegasus looking at the two with a trench coat and a fedora hat, glaring at them. He stood right still, no movement.

Rainbow called to Soarin "Hey! I'm beating you!"

Soarin frightfully said "I...I...I'm coming for you!"

He rushed for his comrade and caught up to her.

The pale green pegasus gave a clicking sound with his teeth "Yo sis, they gone!"

A aquamarine pegasus with a yellow mane and tail appeared, she gave a sinister smile, and soon a tall but shadowy figure appeared behind her holding Soarin's pie "Well, boys. I think it's time we ruin the Bolts little 'party'. Time to get the Washouts and the rest. We're gonna have a family meeting"

The three laughed, Lightning Dust smiled "Soon, the Washouts will be THE TOP FLYING TEAM IN EQUESTRIA!!!!!"

The pegasus pulled out the chocolate cake Soarin had and started eating it. The pale-green pegasus looked at his sister "That's why you wanted to take the cake too? Just so you could eat it?"

Lightning Dust glared at her brother "I didn't have breakfast okay? We had to plan ya know?"

She took another bite and smiled again. The shadowy figure behind her gave a deep and frightening laugh.

Author's Note:

Well everyone, it looks like something shady is going on. Who is the tall figure behind Lightning Dust? What is she up to? :rainbowhuh: