• Published 21st Jan 2019
  • 503 Views, 6 Comments

High Fire - CossackFox



When a rivalry escalates between the Wonderbolts and Washouts how far will it go?

  • ...
 6
 503

Chapter 3

The speeding Wonderbolts soared across the sky, each in a group of three. They circle and leave a trail of smoke behind. Stormy Flare watched in excitement as the six Wonderbolts separated and spread out "Nice work Spitfire!"

Scootaloo was at the training session as well, with Spitfires permission of course and she was, just being Scootaloo "Rainbow Dash! Woohoo!"

Rainbow Dash, Soarin, and Spitfire soared through the clouds in the sky. Soarin chuckled at Rainbow "Feel that breeze Crash!?"

Rainbow laughed "Sure do Soarin!"

Spitfire yelled to the both of them "Stay in formation!"

The three would meet with Misty Fly, Fleetfoot, and Surprise.

Right when the trio are circling together, a dark figure speedily approached, it hid in the clouds. Soarin spotted the dark shadow in the clouds "Hey guys! I see something!"

Spitfire looked around her "What!? Where!? What is it!?"

She looked around her and saw a shadow fly in the clouds "What the!?"

Suddenly, the figures popped out of the clouds and speedily flew above, below, and underneath them. It was like a group of sharks circling a fish. Rainbow looked around her and was frightened a bit "What the heck is going on here!?"

It took a few minutes but the group of shadows flew away and gave space to the trio. Spitfire looked around "Alright! Bolts! To the base!"

Soarin and Rainbow spoke in perfect sync "You got it!"

All the bolts got together and landed right on the landing platform. They all looked scared and looked around the clouds to find the shadowy figures. Scootaloo saw Rainbow Dash was scared as well "Rainbow Dash! What's wrong!? What's going on!?"

Rainbow looked all around her, panicking "Just...stay where you are Scootaloo!"

Stormy Flare hopped out of her seat, she was the most concerned about her daughter "Spitfire! Spitfire!"

As soon as she got out of he seat and headed towards her daughter, the shadows finally appeared and landed right in front of the Wonderbolts. There they were, in their green and black suits and helmets, The Washouts.

The three took off their helmets, Rolling Thunder smirked, Short Fuse growled, and then there was Lighting Dust. Lightning whipped her mane back and forth and gave a hard and glare and bared her teeth towards the Wonderbolts "Well, well, well, Rainbow Dash!"

Rainbow hopped to her hooves and glared back "Lightning Dust!"

Rainbow and Lightning approached each other and glared hard, Rainbow spoke first "You stay away from us! You are trouble! You almost got Scootaloo killed!"

Lightning Dust made a sarcastic laugh "I'm not here for the shrimp! I'm here to deal with you Wingpony! The mare that ruined my life!"

Short Fuse bursted at Rainbow as well "Yeah!"

Spitfire approached The Washouts "Well, well, well, lookie here. My expelled recruits! How was it endangering a filly and doing tricks that would get you in a hospital?"

Short Fuse hopped in the air "THAT'S IT!!!!! LET ME AT HER!!!!!!!!!"

Rolling Thunder quickly grabbed Short Fuse and spoke in his ear "No! No! No! You will have your chance buddy, you'll have your chance"

Short Fuse stopped struggling and settled down.

Stormy Flare looked frightened as the Washouts approached her and the Bolts, Lightning Dust gave an even harder glare at her rival "Well, you really done it this time you two! While you were practicing with your stupid, formation-only, team, I got myself some new recruits! Now, we got twice as many Washouts!"

Lightning shouted at the sky "You can come out now Wind Rider!"

As soon as she said that, Wind Rider appeared, he was now sporting a black and green fancy suit, had shades, and had a badge with a green skull with wings "Hello, Bolts"

Stormy Flare scoffed and growled at the stallion that nearly made her daughter get lost "It's YOU!"

Wind Rider approached Lightning Dust "Yes dear, it's me. I have very much joined The Washouts. We share much in common, and we are a TRUE family! I get to help fund for them, and King Wing Jr. pays me in such a fine amount"

He approached Spitfire and smirked while holding up a bag full of shining, bright, and gold bits in front of her snarling face "All this money....FOR ME!!!!!!" he said as he swiped the money back away from her face.

Rolling Thunder laughed "Soarin is quite the naive one, he actually thought that Lightning would get over her rage?" she continued laughing loudly "Oh! That's priceless!"

Soarin bowed his head down in shame. He can't believe he was wrong about The Washouts and Rainbow Dash. Lightning Dust smirked "That's not all I got" she turned to look at the sky "Family meeting!"

Then suddenly without warning, more speeding shadows came about in the clouds. And soon, 7 different pegasi landed alongside Lightning Dust and her comrades. These pegasi were Washouts as well, but their suits were different. The fire-proof vests were the same, but their head covering was a little different. They wore similar helmets to the washouts but instead of glass covering, they had round goggles that blared a sickly green color. Each pegasus took off their helmets, the ominous goggles still glowing.

Steel Deal revealed himself first, then the other six pegasi consisting of both stallions and mares did the same and smiled. Steel Deal gave a grin "Well, well, well, got ourselves college stallions and mares"

The other pegasi laughed at the joke. Lightning Dust was approached by Wind Rider and they both smirked at the aquamarine pegasus spoke "These are my brothers, sisters, and cousins. Steel Deal, The Spring Brothers, Sky Dive, Sleet Dancer, and Dipstick!"

The now enlarged Washouts laughed at the Wonderbolts. Spitfire glared hard and shouted "You will not insult us!!!! We are more trained and safe than you!!!!!"

Misty Fly shouted next "Yeah!!!! Crash told us all about you!!!! Endangering a filly and doing things that could get others killed!!!! There's a reason why Spitfire expelled you Lightning Dust!!!!!"

Suddenly a huge shadow zoomed across the clouds, the flapping of its wings could be heard very well. Then suddenly, the figure crashed down right behind The Washouts, he was certainly the biggest of all the group. As he walked to Lightning Dust, the stomps of this giant stallion were heard by everypony. It was Timber Hammer, he took of his helmet and his goggles, and glared at the Washouts.

Timber Hammer had chocolate-colored fur, a brown mane and tail, and he had very ominous yellow eyes. His most obvious and frightening trait was that he was enormous! He seemed to be a few feet higher than Rockhoof, and could possibly give Big Mac as well as Rockhoof himself, some serious competition.

Rainbow saw that Short Fuse was scared of this guy, his teeth were clattering and his eyes were widened as he muttered. Spitfire looked very frightened at Timber Hammer, she dealt with Bulk Biceps before, but nopony this big. Rainbow stepped backwards and spoke only one word "Mommy..."

Lightning Dust grinned "Say, Windpony? Why don't you tell my big brother, Timber Hammer, what Spitfire did?"

Steel Deal spoke second "Yeah! Something about ripping her badge clean off of her suit?"

Timber Hammer growled "So.....You're the wise gal who got my little sister kicked out of the Academy huh?"

Rainbow Dash muttered in absolute terror "N-n-n-no I didn't"

Timber Hammer smashed his hoof on the ground "Liar. I can smell a liar a mile away"

Wind Rider smirked "So here's the deal fillies and gentlecolts, mess with Dusty and her team, and our buddies here get to crush you"

The Wonderbolts backed up, all of them were terrified at the updated rival team, but especially Timber Hammer. Scootaloo came off of the grass and into the Wonderbolts side "Leave them alone!"

There was complete silence, but the silence was soon broken by Timber Hammer. He stepped forward to the small filly, Scootaloo's eyes widened as the behemoth looked down on the tiny pegasus "You got something to say little lady?"

Scootaloo whimpered "N-n-n-no"

Timber Hammer growled "That's what I thought!" he stomped his way back to his comrades.

Steel Deal laughed "Hope you got some repellent, because we're gonna pester you around!"

The Washouts laughed, while Timber Hammer just gave a smirk. Lightning Dust grinned, giving a rather uncomfortable look "Hope to run into each other again Wingpony!"

Lightning Dust, Rolling Thunder, and Short Fuse flew up into the air, laughing at their successful invasion. Lightnings relatives followed as well, Timber was the last one to leave, glaring hard at his two main enemies, Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. He flapped and flew in the air, his ominous flapping was heard. Rainbow Dash stared at the sky and gulped in fear.


"Lightning Dust got her WHOLE FAMILY in on your rivalry!?" shouted Applejack in SugarCube Corner, with all the rest of her friends, as well as Soarin and Flash.

Rainbow nodded "Remember that time Lightning Dust got sent off with a rocket? Yeah, I really made her peeved"

Twilight shook her head "Rainbow, this is not good! The last thing we need is a rivalry. It's bad enough that The Washouts didn't like the Wonderbolts"

Fluttershy shivered "That big meanie you told us about sounds scary"

Rarity looked flabbergasted "And Wind Rider is on this too? How despicable! You would think that he had learned his lesson at that party"

Rainbow jumped into the air "I know right!? Just when me and Rarity thought he couldn't bring himself to a bigger low"

Flash joined in the conversation "I don't like this rivalry. That Timber Hammer fellow especially sounds dangerous. I had a friend who dealt with a stallion like that. Guy broke some of my friends teeth, broke his ribs, and I think he may have been grounded to the ground for life"

Soarin drank his Raspberry milkshake "Spitfires not too happy, she wants to have a word with me and Crash tomorrow. Wanting to know why this ridiculous rivalry is going on"

Pinkie jumped behind Soarin "Maybe you could give them a great big hug or a nice pie!"

Rainbow facehoofed herself "Timber may be giving me a hug of DEATH Pinkie!!!! And he didn't look happy when he saw the Bolts"

Twilight was drinking her chocolate milkshake "I certainly hope this doesn't escalate. I'd hate it if authorities have to get involved. This rivalry is already looking bad enough"

Soarins hind legs were bouncing under the table out of fear "Crash is staying with me tonight, it doesn't really seem like it's safe. I really hope she doesn't get hurt, she's one of the best members of the Bolts" he then looked into Rainbows cerise eyes "But more importantly, she's a really awesome teammate"

Rainbow blushed a bit, she looked into Soarins green eyes "Thanks. I-I-I really appreciate it"

She sat back down in her chair, rubbing off the blush. She went back to her milkshake and focused on that. But what was it about Soarin? Was it his speed? Was it determination? Is it...him? She didn't know, but it was something, she just didn't know yet.

Author's Note:

Well fillies and gentlecolts, looks like our rivalry has reached its first phase. :pinkiegasp:

Also, I think that Timber Hammer might be one of the scariest OCs that I ever created :twilightoops:

Let's hope that this rivalry doesn't go South!