• Published 6th Aug 2012
  • 878 Views, 9 Comments

Trailblazer's New Life - Trailblazer Rocker



A lone male Earth Pony escapes from his locked down city after a dictator takes the throne.

  • ...
3
 9
 878

Epilogue

It was no secret. A fair amount of ponies in Ponyville knew that AppleJack and Trailblazer loved each other. They were practically a young couple. Some took it fairly well, while quite a few others found it cute. The rest didn't pay any attention to it, or didn't care.

The aftermath of Silver Soul's death came to be a disastrous one for the Shadow Rulers. They fought over who would have the throne, and they ended up killing themselves over it. This went on until only several survivors stood standing. In the end, they gave up trying to fight over who would rule and left. They gave up their evil behavior, seeing how there was nothing to gain from fighting over who could rule, especially since there were so few of them capable of fighting. They parted ways and gave up their evil intentions.

It was now the day that the Wunderbolts were going to perform. At night, everything was getting set up, both in the air and below. Many ponies showed up to watch, sitting in the bleachers and either having some concessions or chatting wither friends about the show. Down on the ground was a stage for Trailblazer and Vinyl Scratch. As Trailblazer tuned his guitar and set up some effects for the show, the six ponies and three fillies were talking to him, while the DJ pony got her cables set up and worked on her turntable.

"Well, this is it, Trailblazer!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "You get to be one of the Wunderbolts' musicians!"

Trailblazer let out some happy laughter. "Yeah, I am."

"Aren't you excited??"

"Oh, am I excited all right! I'm hyped!" he replied with."

"That's the spirit! I'm sure you'll do just fine!"

"I'll put on the best show these ponies have ever seen!"

"I'll be rootin' for ya!" said AppleJack. And wispered in his ear, "Do it for me, sugar." Then, she planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Best of luck, Trailblazer!" Rarity cheered.

"Now, wait a minute..." Twilight wondered. "How can you play the guitar with hooves? And if so, how do they work?"

Trailblazer gave her a dull look without answering her question. "I think you all need to take your seats."

"Good luck, Trailblazer!" Pinkie Pie said as the ponies started to walk back to their seats. Pinkie Pie followed them and bounced away.

"You ready to kick this thing off or what!" said Vinyl Scratch.

"Heh, I'm sure we'll put on a better show than the Wunderbolts!" Trailblazer replied, just as excited as her.

"High five!" she said, raising a hoof.

Trailblazer shrugged and smiled, and then threw his hoof forward to connect with the DJ pony's hoof. Right after that, Trailblazer flexed both of his arms towards his chest and bent forward. "OOHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he yelled.

"All right! We're gonna rage tonight!" she said at the sane time.

It wasn't until after 10 minutes that the show began. The lights dimmed, and the ones around the stage became bright. Their first song would be their dense forest themed song. A soundtrack from the DJ started playing, and Trailblazer followed suit. He played the riff they practiced for this song and brought in the Wunderbolts, high in the sky with festive light ornaments wrapped around them. Right now, it was their forest song, so the color for this part was green. The riff was repeated a few times until opening to a new one, quick and going back and forth down the neck, giving an impression that the Wunderbolts were representing a race, as they flew together, flying straight on getting ahead and behind each other. As they progressed through their sky race simulation, Trailblazer pulled off his sustained-note solo. At this, the Wunderbolts started doing some in-line twists. Two of them flew at each other head on, twisting past each other as they were about to collide. Then, another Wunderbolt showed up with a streaking light fixture around him. His duty was to create pictures with the lines of color he left behind. This time, he drew a bunch of trees in a landscape. This drew the end of their first performance.

Next came their space-themed show. After a small intermission, the Wunderbolts came back, half of them wore white lights, while the other ones were red. For the song, more was required from the Vinyl's part. The phasing effects and reverb was up to her, and she turned them on respectively. Trailblazer played the tune accordingly, as the DJ pony played some bass and a vocal part which sounded like a radio tower worker in space, although the vocals were made up of gibberish. With the added audio effects, they pulled off a song that gave the spectators an outer space feel. The Wunderbolts provided the visuals of the song, circling around each other to form a rotating planet, and made rings around each other to resemble the solar system they lived in. Another part came where the white Wunderbolts formed stars, while the red ones flew at them, imitating a meteor shower. The streaking pegasus showed up in red to draw a picture of the sun, which like the rest of his pictures, faded after several seconds.

Five more songs were played and performed by both groups accordingly. In order, they gave the song and visuals of a vast sea, a raging sea of magma, an ocean of sand, a canyon, and a futuristic city. The ponies cheered, although more than likely for the Wunderbolts alone. Then, Spitfire took a microphone and flew down to the stage.

"We'd like to thank our two musicians for providing the concert to make this performance possible!" she announced.

The ponies' cheers sounded a bit louder for the guitarist, Trailblazer, and the DJ, Vinyl Scratch, than the initial cheers for the Wunderbolts. Although Trailblazer knew that the ponies would be looking at the Wunderbolts the whole time, the cheers for him and his partner was all he needed to know that he fulfilled his duty to give them something good to listen to as the Wunderbolts gave them something good to look at.

"Thank you all for attending. Please find an exit nearest you and have a nice night!" an announcer said over another microphone.

Trailblazer began to jump up and down on stage, happy for the praise he got. He then put a hoof beside his ear, as if he was saying that he couldn't hear the cheers. The audience responded with even louder cheering, and Trailblazer nodded his head and smiled. He met back with his friends outside the gates.

"Trailblazer, you have no idea how much I envy you!" Rainbow Dash said. "It sounded like they liked you two more than they liked the Wunderbolts themselves! It's like you two outperformed them!"

"Hey, Trailblazer!" Yinyl Scratch said as she walked away with her equippment. "You rock!"

"Wow, it seems like I've been getting a lot of fans already!" Trailblazer said.

"Ah KNEW that my motivation would work!" exclaimed AppleJack. "That there was a mighty fine show you put on."

After their small regrouping, the Wunderbolts, along with Vinyl Scratch, were at the stage exit, greeting their fans as they left.

"Hey, Trailblazer!" Soarin' shouted. "Get over here!"

Trailblazer jogged over to them, and was told to stand next to Vinyl Scratch. From there, a lot of ponies greeted the performers as they left. It was about an even 50/50 for ponies that cheered for the Wunderbolts, and the other half that cheered for Trailblazer and Vinyl Scratch. Most of the time, he just rubbed the back of his head, smiled, and thanked them for the compliments, and like the others, told them to have a nice night. This went on for about 20 minutes until every last pony was gone.

"Well, I'm ready to go to sleep now," Twilight Sparkle said.

"Me too," Fluttershy agreed.

And with that, they all made their ways home.

The next day, Trailblazer woke up to his usual morning routine. Woke up, worked with his personal hygiene, and made a fried egg sandwich for breakfast. When he walked back into his room, he saw a note on his guitar case. Next to it was a small black box. He picked up the note and read it.

To Trailblazer,
You have my honest thanks for saving Equestria from the threat of the Shadow Rulers. From what I've heard, the battle was rough, and yet you still emerged victorious. Please accept this gold medal as a token of your heroic deed, and my gratitude.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Trailblazer looked at the box and opened it. Inside was a small gold medal with some white fabric above it that pinned to the body. On the medal was Trailblazer's cutie mark, embossed on it. He put it on his chest, then he looked at the mirror to see the two badges he had on: the emerald one Rarity gave him, and the gold one he just got from the princess.

"You have my word, fellow friends," he said out loud. "I'll continue to keep you all safe and sound, and to continue my life like a Rising Warrior."

Comments ( 4 )

Fantastic! I enjoyed reading your story very much!:yay:
Glad to see to see Applejack (who is BEST PONY BTW:ajsmug:) have an attraction to a badass who is always a good guy!

1046330 Hey, I'm glad you liked it.
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback and thoughts on the story. I really appreciate it.

1046430 loved the story for two reasons

1. the main character is so badass he doesnt need to be a dick to prove it

2. epic final fight

You spelled wonderbolts wrong this is how you spelled it the wunderbolts but overall it was a good story

Login or register to comment