• Published 14th Jan 2019
  • 1,388 Views, 0 Comments

A Hypnotic Sonata - SilviaOra



When Sonata Dusk finds a new talent for hypnosis, nothing will stand between her and her ultimate goal.

  • ...
 0
 1,388

Chapter One

It was eight in the morning, and Sonata Dusk, mystical being turned human, former threat to the human world, wanted only one thing.

And that was breakfast.

Sonata got out of her bed as fast as her tired mind would allow her. Ever since The Dazzling's defeat, they had had just enough "leftover funds" to rent this house. Luckily, Aria had managed to secure a job shortly before the big show. Sonata was glad Aria had enough sense to know that things don't usually go a hundred percent your way. The job paid enough to cover the house, and basic groceries, though Sonata did wish they could get corn shells more often. It would help "raise morale", as the cheer squad at CHS had said. Ever since they had lost their powers, Aria and Adagio had been more mopey than ever.

But now was not the time to think about depressing things like that. Now was the time for breakfast, and time to get rid of her bedhead.

However, as Sonata was brushing her hair by the mirror, she noticed something... odd in her reflection.

Her eyes, while still pink, had black-and-white spirals set just behind the irises. They were faint, hardly noticeable if you weren't looking hard enough.

"Hmm, that's weird," she said. As she focused on the spirals, they intensified in color and started to spiral inward. She concentrated harder, and watched them spin faster, and faster, and-

Just then, her stomach growled. Her concentration broken, the spirals stopped spinning, and they became faint again.

"Food! I can't believe I forgot. My eyes with have to wait, my stomach needs tending to!" she said, giggling.

As she was walking down the hall, the siren smelled something delicious. Sure enough, as she entered the kitchen, Aria Blaze was there, cooking pancakes.

"Hey Sis!" said Sonata happily, sitting at their table, "I forgot it was the weekend, time flies, you know? Hey Ari, some of those pancakes for me?"

"First," Aria said, without looking back, "for the last time, we aren't sisters. We are just the same species. That's. It. Second, it's been four months since we lost our powers, and it's felt like an eternity. And third, these pancakes are for me and for me only. Got it?"

Aria sat down across from Sonata, grabbed a fork, and started aggressively stabbing at her pancakes, shoving them into her mouth.

"Come one Ari, we're practically sisters!" insisted Sonata, "We've known each other for like, forever, and we've always stuck together while wreaking havoc! Look at me and tell me we're not sisters."

Aria stopped wolfing down pancakes, and looked Sonata in the eyes.

"We're not sisters," she said. But she didn't look away. Instead, she kept staring with a look of confusion on her face.

"Sonata, what's up with your eyes?" she asked, sounding distracted.

"Oh, you mean the spirals? I just noticed them today! Aren't they fascinating? Here, look what I can do!"

Sonata concentrated, going slightly cross-eyed for a moment, and the spirals became clearer, and began to spin.

Aria kept staring at Sonata's eyes. "Yeah, they are fascinating...."

Sonata looked at her with fascination, as Aria stared, captivated by her eyes.

Suddenly, Aria dropped the plastic fork she had been holding onto her plate. Sonata watched, in amazement, as Aria's eyes began to reflect the same spirals that were in her own.

"Uh, Ari? Can you hear me?" Sonata hesitantly asked.

"Yes," replied Aria. Her answer was brisk, no snark or back-talk to be found, and that was very strange to Sonata.

"Are you okay?" she questioned.

"I'm wonderful," said Aria, suddenly smiling.

Okay, now Sonata knew something was up. "Do... you know what just happened to you? And if so, please tell me."

"...No, but I feel very relaxed. It could be a form of hypnosis."

Hypnosis? Hmm, Sonata knew she had heard that word before. She'd have to ask Adagio about it. Wait... Adagio! She couldn't let her see Ari like this! She had to hurry.

Sonata stood up. "So... um, you'll listen to what I say, right?"

"Of course," Aria replied.

Sonata took a deep breath. "Okay. Firstly, if I tell you to do something, you will do it as though it was your own thoughts. Secondly, you will have no objections to calling me Sis, and will even try to do it as much as possible, without being annoying. And finally, whenever I say the phrase... 'Taco Tuesday', you will go back into this relaxed place. Do you understand all this?"

"I do, Sis," came Aria's reply.

Sonata giggled. "Okay, coming up from hypnosis in, three, two, and one. Wide awake!"

Aria groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Sis, what just happened? I can't I remember..."

Sonata worried that Aria would realize everything and be really angry at her. Then, she remembered what she had said. "Uh, you won't care about missing time?"

"Ugh, who cares about remembering breakfast?" said Aria, putting her hands down. The spirals had almost disappeared from the siren's eyes, but they were still faintly there, contrasting her purple eyes.

Sonata sighed. Then, her stomach growled again. She had an idea. "Hey Ari, give me your pancakes please."

For a brief moment, the spirals in Aria's eyes became clearer. "Here Sis, take what's left of my pancakes, I'm full anyway."

She pushed the plate towards Sonata, who, grinning, began speed eating large amounts of pancakes between breaths.

"Thank you!" said Sonata gratefully, mouth full of pancake goodness.

Aria sighed. "It's nothing. And chew with your mouth closed Sis, you should know that by now."

Sonata swallowed. "Sorry, just an old habit. And a mean an old old one. Like, back when I was only a few centuries old-"

"Don't need to hear your life story, I already know most of it from us, you know, wreaking havoc for centuries?"

Sonata giggled again. "Oh, right."

"Anyways, I'm watching TV. Later sis," Aria said, standing up.

"Don't you want to hang out with me?" asked Sonata, standing up as well.

"No?" replied Aria, uninterested.

"Aw, come on Ari, it won't hurt to hang out with me for a little bit," insisted Sonata.

Aria groaned, and started walking away. "Yes, it will."

"Hey, Ari?" said Sonata, grinning, "You want to hang out with me."

Again, Aria's spirals became clearer for a second. "Hey Sis, how about we play a game or something?" she said, turning back around.

"Sure!" Sonata replied happily.

As Aria was wiping the floor with Sonata in Battleship, a thought occurred to the blue siren. If she managed to get Adagio under her "hypnosis", then they would both start listening to her ideas for once! It would be difficult, but Dagi's the only one standing between her and her goal. All it would need is a little planning, and a little help from her new favorite Sis, and then all her plans would finally come to fruition.

Author's Note:

So many questions. What are Sonata's big plans? How is she going to get Adagio? Why haven't I written a story in two months? All will be answered in due time.

For this story I took heavy inspiration from For Whom The Bell Tolls by Rathbane. You should totally check it out, as I would not be writing this if not for them.

Constructive criticism is welcome! This has been SilviaOra, signing off!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment