• Published 11th Dec 2018
  • 946 Views, 72 Comments

Howl at the Moon - Failsafe99

Comments ( 9 )

I was worried at first when I saw this. Will you keep the old version up too?

9492288
Yes you can still read this. I am just rewriting it better, and stopping work on this one.

The fact that you decided to cancel this story in order to replace it with a major rewrite is actually good. It already went all kinds of wrong, main character's powers are all over the place and at least fight with demoness worth being retconned out of existence, because this kind of conflict can only trigger even more ridiculous power escalation and you'll have to invent even more absurd enemies for your character to give her at least minor workout. Also, please don't give your character firearms. They are too effective as they are and in the result make you invent bullet-sponge kind of enemies.

9494090
Thank you. I agree, I did this because of the fact that it was out of place. I wanted to nerf my new character a bit more, so I am making something new.

9494191
Another tip: try to come up with villians which are not just simply evil by definition and the only solution is to eradicate them out of existance. Well, I dont know, maybe that was a plan from the beginning, like Satan actually being a nice guy and only a few demon lords being like that demoness. I think one of the things in the original show which caught everyone by surprise were unusual depth of villians. When we met Nightmare Moon first time she looked exactly like "generic doomsday villian", yet end up Celestia's sister and overall nice character out of all things. And Discord wasn't strictly evil from the beginning! Even Queen Chrysalis don't look absolutely strictly evil character and that in the kids show out of all things!

9494512
Your actually spot on about the Satan bit. I was planning on some of them being redeemable, some not, and I killed her because she had pissed me off.

So was she a Hunter????

10179110
Wait, nevermind, no, she didn't become a Hunter, she became a badass.

Login or register to comment