• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 604 Views, 15 Comments

The true Dream. - Blenderpony



A dream became much more than just an escape. It became reality

  • ...
4
 15
 604

5 Taking Shape

Peter sat in front of the little hut he found the day before. His legs crossed and deep in thought.

It was early in the morning and he was just about to go out and collect vital resources to be able to sustain himself for the coming days. If it will go that far.

Luna, in his dream, told him that Celestia didn't know of his escape .. yet. And judging by the sun it appears to be way past 10.
Aside from a few stray pegasi which startled him to death every time, the skies and immediate surroundings of him stayed surprisingly guard free.

Thinking back to his interactions with Twilight, Shining and Fluttershy. He had to consider how to keep that promise while needing help.
Suddenly escaping the transport didn't seem to be such a bright idea in the long run.

Well, sitting around doing nothing isn't going to help the situation. So for now the better idea seemed to be to get some food.

One source of it would be to harvest more apples of those apple trees outside the forest. So he made up his mind and went out in the general direction.

He ducked down into the hut to quickly grab part of the saddlebag he found yesterday and afterwards headed directly towards the opening in the thick bush where he came from.

Walking through the opening into the forest he noticed something. Now that he had some rest. The forest sounded beautifully.

With no roads or otherwise noisy things around it was breathtaking how enchanting this sounded. A huge amount of birds singing almost in unison to greet the new day. The gentle breeze through the leaves of the forest. How he was actually able to hear a few birds flying close by.

While he was strolling in the general direction where he wanted to go, he sometimes could hear the distinct shuffle of paws running away to safety.

Taking a deep breath he too noticed how clean the air was.

The combination of this actually made him smile. He would like to spend more time here.

The Forest opened to the grassy surroundings where he entered it in the first place. With the pond in front of him. A bit of morning dew still hanging in the air.

Taking a precautionary look around to check for locals, there were none, he walked out to one of the nearby apple trees.

Peter picked a sizable amount of apples from the tree and stashed them in the bag. He was a bit suspicious why those weren't picked clean already. Given the taste, back at home this would have been happening quite fast.

He took his time taking the apples and time flew by a bit quicker than he liked.

All of this came to a sudden stop though after he faintly heard wings above him. Snapping his head immediately up he saw a Blue-Greyish Pegasi. Female with off white Hair and tail looking directly at him curiously.

Well at least that what he thinks she was since his immediate reaction was to grab the bag full of apples and make a total beeline towards the forest.

His feet gave the telltale thunder of running over grass, occasionally jumping over a small obstacle. While the flapping of pegasi wings behind him only mildly increased in its frequency. The Pegasi undoubtedly following this strange creature who seemed to be afraid of Ponies.

Peter had to slow down as he approached the border of the forest. The terrain just didn't allow for him to run at full speed without the danger of tripping or stepping on something he might regret. He was still barefoot afterall

Hiding behind a tree a few metres into the forest he looked back to see if the Pegasi followed him. And much to his disdain, she did. Hovering now just above ground on the edge of the forest, looking in his direction.

She just studied or watched him, with a slight smile on her face. Seemingly oblivious to what was infront of her.

So he ran further into the forest. heading towards the only somewhat safe place he knew which was the hut. At least he would be hidden from Air inside of it. That was his thinking at least.

On his way there he got a few scratches on his legs for being quite careless with the local fauna. And the bag he held in his hand didn't seem to be of the most durable material as it too got a few scratches and tiny holes now.

At least the apples stayed inside of it.

He couldn't see the pegasi through the canopy of the forest, nor could he hear her. A fact which made him sigh in relief and he slowed down a considerable amount. He was quite winded as well so not seeing her was quite a relief.

Arriving at the path towards the hut he realized the error of his direction way too late. Since he took the most direct path the pegasi must have figured where he wanted to go.

Stopping on the spot, he saw her. Sitting right in front of the hut, seemingly waiting for him. He cursed in his mind how flying is cheating but came to the conclusion not to be able to escape at the same time.

In his mind he had two choices, continue to run away, or ~ even in his mind this sounded like a bad idea ~ get acquainted with the local ponyfolk.

It seemed hopeless to get out of the current situation and with that realization he let the bag full of apples slide out of his hand. Hitting the ground with a thud and having it lose its content over the grassy floor.

Peter went down soon after, exhausted from the sprint.

He didn't know what to do. Well, there was a pegasi in front of him. He could try to make a good first impression. Or at least try to better it after running away from her.

The pegasi took note of his slumped position on the ground and closed in by walking a few steps at first towards him, but flew the rest in a quick hover. Coming to a stop a safe distance away. Sitting down again she studied and watched him probably to get a closer look at him too since she didn't have the chance earlier.

Peter likewise took a closer look at her. On a second glance, he had to admit, they were beautiful creatures. Smooth fur, with strategically placed tufts of longer hair around the chest and cheeks. Her Hair, or rather mane style seemed to be inspired by flying fast. All of it was combed backwards. Her cyan eyes had this spark of innocence wonder and curiosity in them. Actually that's really hard not to notice given their comically big size. Her Wings, which were slightly unfurled, are well groomed with squeaky clean looking feathers.

She tried to talk to him using her language. Little chirps and whistles with a mix of asian sounding words. He had lost all hope to even remotely guess what she was saying. He too forgot the few words he picked up back in canterlot. So he was at a total loss here.

Peter: "I am sorry but I can't understand your language." He said more to himself rather than directing it to her. Slumping down even further and scratching a few cuts along his arm.

She talked again but her expression changed a bit, that of curiosity changed almost to worry. Funny how he could interpret the facial expressions quite well. And with one final chirp she flew off. Just like that.

Leaving him sitting in the grass. Looking after her like a dog looking after its owner leaving for work.

~~~

After he fully regained his breath he picked up the apples which rolled out of the bag. Stuffing them back in it.

His mood was struck somewhat. His energy for the day seemingly lost at one encounter with a pony.

Still he enjoyed breakfast. It may only have consisted of apples and water, but nonetheless he enjoyed it.

The leftover apple cores he threw in the bushes and choose to clean up after himself in the hut. Putting the stuff back where it was.

He figured that, they will definitely search for him now. His presence no longer a secret. But rather than waiting for them to come he choose to make it at least a little bit difficult for them. In the forest they would have a way harder time to catch him. So he just walked into the forest with nothing on him but the odd apple in his pyjama pocket.

He walked in a straight line due south. Walking towards the sun so to speak. On his way not much interesting happened. He saw a bunny family though. Well not much since they noticed him way earlier than he did and he only saw them from behind running towards their burrow. If it wouldn't be for the hiding he would enjoy the area.

He approached the edge of the forest rather fast. Did he mention it really wasn't a big one? Peter was certain there was a more appropriate name for it that he just didn't know.

Clearing the edge of the forest he found a very well defined path. The signs of wheel trenches really apparent. He didn't know this one. Further out was a wheatfield. To the left was the river and to his right was the edge of farm property. The fenced in Cows?? grassing there were a dead giveaway.

Cows? The sudden thought of having access to milk came to him. A pleasant thought to say the least. Given the apples he only could imagine how that tasted.

Wanting to take a closer look at them he walked along the path after making really sure there was nopony around, even making the effort to radar the air as well.

Approaching the fence the animals didn't seem to mind him. Continuing their early day meal. The cows seemed to be very healthy, bright white and dark black fur. Everything just seemed to be healthier. Even the wheatfield just seemed to be just this bit more yellow.

Beyond the enclosure for the cows was the farm. A big area with hay bales, a LOT of hay bales and a few red barn like buildings. There were ponies mingling about on the farm property. But given the distance he didn't think he would be noticed by them.

"I actually would like to live here..." he sighed. "In peace." Which I don't have. He continued in his thought.

He turned around and sat against a fence pole. What did Luna say? He just had to show that he isn't aggressive?

Turning towards the Farm again, he was somewhat curious why they weren't rounding up a search party. Of all the ponies he thought suitable for a search party for an unknown creature inside a forest it would be them. To an extend he could be a creature dangerous to their animals.

Yet, nothing. Just like the entire day. Not a single guard, not a single worried pony.

He got curious on what would happen if he just showed up on their front lawn so to speak. Given the reaction of the pegasi. They might just try and talk to him.

Then again, he wouldn't understand them. He had to smirk at the fact that the universally agreed peace sign probably wouldn't be of any meaning to them.

Getting up from his sitting position against the fence post, he walked down the path away from the farm. Wanting to see where it would lead.

His sense of direction told him it was leading east, towards the pond / the river flowing into the pond. The ground was really rough on his feet with the pebbles in it so he opted to walk on the grass next to the path.

Hooves would really be beneficial right now. walking up a little elevated section of the path he saw a bridge on the other side.

Made out of wood. And beautifully decorated. Engraved with flowing lines. The guard rails painted pink. He approached it curiously.

Admiring the fine woodwork. He liked it. Running his hand over the guardrail though revealed a real danger of obtaining splinters. So avoid that.

Taking in the other side of the river, well there wasn't much. It was a landscape void of any form of civilization except for the path trailing away through some more patches of forest like the one used as a hiding point. and the odd apple tree. As far as he could make out, no big animals just a LOT of butterflies, birds, Pegasi flying in the background.

The side where he came from had the big wheat field. The fooo~ oh no. Just as he scanned the area above the forest he saw her. The dark pegasi. Which followed him earlier. And she saw him. Out in the open on the bridge. That alone wouldn't be that bad. If it wouldn't be for another pegasi close to her looking at him as well.

#### POV Pegasi ####

Night Glider: "There he is, do you see what I mean now. Hard to describe him?"

Velvet Light a Magenta Pegasi with purple Hair, acting as the local airborne veterinarian and first aid pony turned towards Night Glider. "Yeah you are right I have no idea what creature he is. But based on what I see, he is really lost isn't he."

Night Glider responded. "Yeah, and he can't speak equestrian. The words he spoke had a really close resemblance to yak. He saw us, we shouldn't fly closer. He is REALLY scared and skittish. And trust me he is fast on those two legs. He could outrun a earth pony in a full sprint no problem."

Velvet holding her first aid kit. "You said he hurt himself while sprinting through the forest? I want to help him."

Night Glider: "Yeah, he did. Not bad but he still hurt himself. Let us leave him be for now. If I can guess he will be at mary's Hut in the forest tonight. Let us round up a few friends and surprise him in the evening. I saw him eating apples. So fruits are definitely on his diet. Lets bring a collection of food and means to communicate in a non verbal way."

Velvet: "So you suppose it's better to corner him in a way where communication is the better alternative to running? What's the deal with you and him anyways?"

Night Glider: "Well after Twilight and her friends took care of Starlight and turned her into a better Pony it just. I don't know, showed me that everything can be good? I want to help him if only to avoid him getting desperate like starlight and doing something bad."

Velvet: "Well said, okay I will speak to Rivets and the folk at the farm if they want to donate some food. Nice for you to visit by the way. See you later."

#### Peter ####

His heart was pounding so fast!!! Yet they didn't approach. And eventually broke up.

He had no explanation to why there were just looking at him. And talking presumably. "Let's get back into forest. I don't like this." He hid a bit out of the way. And didn't see any pegasi for a while.

Author's Note:

I am going ahead and end this chapter here else it would get too long. Again, share your thoughts and comments ^^

Comments ( 1 )

I am closing this fic due to lack of time and lost interest.

Login or register to comment