• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 604 Views, 15 Comments

The true Dream. - Blenderpony



A dream became much more than just an escape. It became reality

  • ...
4
 15
 604

4 A Path

The usually calm Pond still showed a few concentric rings where Peter dive bombed into the water. He didn't hurt himself too bad upon impact. He broke the Water butt first.
Said area was now really sore, but this was magnitudes better than a full belly splat.

Upon breaching the surface he immediately turned to look towards his ride to see if the pegasi noticed the fall. Which, much to his relief, they apparently didn't.

He realized quickly that he needed to get out of the water. His somewhat loose clothes really didn't do him any favor in swimming, draining him of his energy quite fast.

He wasn't moving nearly as fast as he would have liked too.

Peter was completely drained of his energy once he made it to the shore. Having lost his socks in the process of getting there.

Laying on his back on the grass close to the pond. Panting heavily. He felt exhausted, hungry, sleepy, hurt, cold... It was easily in the top 10 list when it came to the worst day ever. Contesting for the top 3.

Pulling himself together he forced himself to get up and away from the water. He couldn't stay close to the river and its small pond for too long. They will try to find him eventually. And by his own guessing he had not too long before the Air above him would be swarmed by armored Pegasi.

Now standing on his bare feet, he took a look around. Canterlot provided quite a landmark should he ever get lost or loose his bearings. The Sun currently was directly above Canterlot, so he adopted the direction of Canterlot as south. Looking North, he could still see the tiny dot of his transport. With the Pond behind him He turned to go west, directly away from the water towards a forestline about 5 minutes away.

Taking in his surroundings, he could see really far in certain directions. He could see several patches of forest around him and the one he was walking towards was Flanked by a village towards the North of it. The south side of the forest was hidden from view by a small hill. His immediate surrounding were dotted by a few small apple trees. At least they appeared to be apples. It all felt so familiar.

Well, take earth remove humanity and replace them by colorful pony's. He missed his home right now. He would trade for quite a bit just to wake up brush his teeth and go to work.

So with his pants dripping wet and halfway over his feet, his shirt clinging to his torso in all the wrong ways, his hunger and now thirst adding up fast he immediately took the opportunity and paced towards one of the apple trees. It did look like there were still a lot of them hanging on the branches. But most of them already were on the ground.

Grabbing one of them from a nearby branch he hesitated only momentarily before taking a test bite of the apple. At first he was glad it didn't reveal any unwanted insects inside of it. And the second thing he noticed it tasted really REALLY satisfying. Well the only comparison he could draw was this one bite off one in canterlot and the ones he ate at home. Which, in all honesty, tasted almost like water compared to this! Which made him wonder. He knew for sure he was not on planet earth. He couldn't. A land like this couldn't stay undiscovered at all.

Which then meant. How could the plants and Trees of those worlds be so similar. And familiar. He took a good look at the Tree again. And sure enough, this is an apple Tree by the book... weird.

Finishing up two of the apples in a hurry he took a few with him. Who knew when he would have a meal like this again.

Moving further West he found himself getting close to the edge of the forest. Revealing a not much used dirt path next to it which was running along the perimeter of the forest. And with only hoofprint in the mud, his mood wasn't improving much. Moving onto the path his bare feet immediately complained to the sudden change in surface texture. There were a lot more small stones and sticks embedded in the trampled path. Good thing his pants were draped halfway over his feet.

Inspecting the hoof prints a bit closer. Compared to his feet they were approximately half in size. His foot could cover two/third of it in width. With the hoof prints being almost circular. He found a couple of smaller ones too.

Moving his attention towards the forest. He saw there were already quite a few leaves on the ground. His inner clock would say that autumn was right around the corner.

Which could be a good thing and a bad thing. For once there still might be a lot of edible fruits around. On the contrary. It probably would get only colder at nights from now on.

He had to kick himself back into gear. He was running away from recent capture afterall. funny how he didn't feel guilty though.

He walked into the forest, which by nature slowed down his movement by quite a bit. And not only once did he have to abandon a certain path because the terrain became too much for his feet.

He quickly found himself lost deep in the Forest. At one point he started to look around for a patch to call home for the night. Turning around a few times. And walking random directions for uncertain amounts of time. His mood even more diminished.

His pyjama now relatively dry was getting ripped apart in places. He was walking alongside a very thick brush which grew in a weird circle in the forest. By his directional sense it was approximately in the very center of it. He came that conclusion after finding out that the forest itself wasn't very big.

Rounding a thicker portion of it he found a little opening inside of it. It almost looked like someone at some point cut down a small path directly leading inside of it.

Well, his curiosity spiked and he went inside. The path lead directly to a small opening in the forest. He couldn't see if it was natural or artificial but what he was able to see is a small wooden hut right smack in the middle of it.

It was a small one story wooden building. No windows. A stone circle next to it. clearly meant to be a fireplace. The purpose of it looked like it was really only meant to be slept in, and escape the cold of the night. it really wasn't big.

With the front door closed and The fireplace somewhat occupied by small grass. He figured he could take his chances to check it out. Nobody seemed to be around.

Walking up to the front door, the size difference between him and the ponies became apparent again. Everything was just 2 figures too small.

He had to crouch down quite a bit to open the wooden door. The lock itself was just a wooden block which your turn upward. It held the door shut and apparently wasn't designed to do more than just that.

Opening the door revealed A one room hut with 2 bunk beds a table and four chairs. Even though there were no windows inside of it. The room was lit by a glowing crystal which was hanging from the ceiling. Convenient. It explained why there are no windows.

The inside was surprisingly clean. A bit of dust but everything looked well maintained. The wall had a painting with a few pony's on it. Picturing a small family. All four of them unicorns. Mother, Dad, son and daughter. It was a family picture. All of them smiling happily towards the observer. The faces of them taking up the whole picture.

A corner held a shelf fixed on the wall with two books on it.

Grabbing one of them showed a plant of some sort. This one he didn't know. Opening it up... yeah.. Reading this was not going to happen. all the letters seem to be hoofprints rotated a certain way and or with dots and lines in them.

Yeah no.. Closing it up again, he put it back on the shelf.

Pulling out the last apple from his pants. He pondered what to do now, for the rest of the day. Lazily nibbling away at it.

In front of one of the bunk beds was a small wooden chest. Not locked. The curiosity of overcame him a bit and he peered inside. What he found was a survival kit in a basic sense.

A pot for cooking, a wooden bottle for water, albeit both of very small size. Adn a few other essentials like a blanket and a textile bag. Well more of a saddlebag with the ability to detach both sides individually.

Now he had to answer an ethical question. Would it be considered okay for him to use the items with the intent of returning them once he found an alternative solution?

In his mind yes, yes. He had to sustain himself somehow. With the bag in hand, the bottle and pot inside of it he went outside again. taking a further look at the immediate surroundings.

Much, in fact very much to his relief he found a ground water pump behind the hut. After testing it, he found it working condition. Cycling the water a bit and waiting for it to get clean he filled the bottle and drank as much as he could.

He didn't find a single soul searching for him in the sky. Which was weird. He could have sworn they would try to find him immediately. By now they at least should have realized that he was gone. After what Celestia ... No he would not go into this..

He wouldn't. Secretly he was very mad at Celestia. Thinking about it he was very mad and helpless at the whole situation.

Storing the items back in the hut and not having much motivation to do much for the rest of the day he took a few blankets from the beds and turned to sleep on the floor. The beds were just too small for him.

~~~

Drifting off to sleep came rather sudden for him. He didn't notice sleeping in.

He didn't really dream at first but soon was floating around his bedroom in his home. Well what used to be his home.

Laying in his bed. Reading a book with no letters in it.

When all of a sudden his whole room exploded in Guard ponies. Jumping through walls windows and doors. All of them screaming, and yet he couldn't understand them.

They were running at him, yet not reaching him. He got up to walk towards the bathroom which now holds a Forest littered with sharp pebbles. He forgot his steel slippers again.

Falling through the floor miles before splashing very uncomfortably into Water. The sky now dark.

Trying to swim away only to get held back by a leash.

This was not a good dream. He had real troubles processing all the events of the day and a half he has been here. And it showed. He didn't want to be here and yet could not escape.

All the more evident by the tall Celestia like figure standing on the water on which he was now floating.

He didn't pay her any mind. Eventually she would find him laying there. Just to chain him up and put him the Zoo. surrounded by wild animals. Apes throwing ---

" ENOUGH " screamed a holy voice though his vision. And everything. Absolutely everything froze. It suddenly was like he was wide awake. Facing an ape mid throw a few feet away from him.

"Peter?" came a voice from behind him. He didn't dare to turn around. Not until a hoof touched his shoulder did he turn his head to find Celestia's sister, Luna behind him.

"I am sorry" were her words. Though he could not understand why she would say something like this. Closing his eyes he wished he wouldn't be . . here...

Opening them up again he found himself where it all started. The very room of princess Luna herself.

"For what are you sorry?" Asked Peter finally. "That you now invade my Dream? Princess? .. Just ask. Ask where I am right now so the guards can come and howl me away for safekeeping in a Zoo."

Luna flinched at this. "I do not wish for your capture." She looked away "I was not there when your kin were around. I was in ~ capture myself. A Portrait on the moon if you will. So I have not experienced the atrocities which were committed. I just saw a lost beeing, ready to do better, getting whipped and leashed. And you know what I saw too? That that being ~ you ~ didn't even fight. You saw no point in it."

Luna got Peter's attention. After Luna said she was in capture herself. "Wait~ Twilight and Fluttershy didn't really get to explain your history. We didn't have much time."

Luna smiled a bit at this. "Well, I once lost control of myself. Dark thoughts manifested into bad choices. And before I knew it. My Sister had to banish me to the moon before anypony came to harm. She is protective like that. I do not know if she would do it again." She paused "But related to you. Your kind did real harm to her world. An experience so grave she lost sight of your individualism. A mistake in my eyes, though something that can be corrected over time."

A long Pause manifested between the two.

Peter "I have no words. I am really scared you know?"

Luna wrapped a wing around him. Which didn't help much at first. "If it is any consolation for you. Celestia doesn't know yet that you miraculously escaped from a maximum security transport. A secret which I can hold until our morning gathering."

Peter "Why are you telling me this?"

Luna "I have the intend to give you the chance to do better. You have not shown any kind of aggression since your arrival. I believe your vial to be acceptive enough for us to teach you our ways. To show, even a wild and hungry dragon can be turned into a loyal and kind friend. Giving enough time and effort from both parties."

Peter: "What will happen tomorrow when Celestia finds out I am not within her grasp?"

Luna: "I cannot tell."

There was a big pause before any of the two spoke up.

Peter: "Thank you."

Luna: "You are welcome."

Peter: "For helping me escape from this nightmare and, for giving me hope, not all is lost. I will do my best. How? Heh I have no idea. Actually how come I can speak with you?"

Luna: "The dream realm is my thing. A realm where I control logic and time. And come to speak of it. It was nice spending the time with you. ~ Good morning."

~~

And his eyes opened up just as she said this. The first rays of the sun pouring in from under the door of the hut.

A fact he discovered solely because his face was planted very solid against the wooden floor. "Ouch" His body complained about the sleept. It ached in all the wrong places.

"Well, time to make things right I suppose. But first. I need to find something to drink and eat.. "

Opening the door to the fresh air outside had him regret it immediately. It wasn't cold but it wasn't warm either. The morning dew hanging deep in the air. A nice alternative to his reeking body. Oh jeez this was him? OOf

"Well time to get adjusted to a new life." Peter said to no one in particular. "And first order of business: Find water and food for the day." ((Preferably the next week if possible))

Author's Note:

*cough*
Se here is a chapter. After half a year. Pls tell me how I am doing. first fic and all.

I hope I don't get all too apologetic when posting chapters. It might take a while between them.