• Published 18th Nov 2018
  • 243 Views, 0 Comments

Reunion - Prince Polaris



The short stories of two ponies' reunion with their deceased beloved, both short and long term...

  • ...
 0
 243

Lunimere

Quietly sniffling in the computer room where she usually lounged, Saphira rubbed her eyes to rid herself of her tears. She'd just watched the entire exchange between Prop and Wing, and her systems all verified that it really was Wing. Saphira had been devastated along with her sister when Wing had left them, and she had plenty of secondhand emotions to get through just like Prop did, if her heated servers were any judge.

Through her wires and servers she noticed something- movement in Polaris' room. Her body seemed to lag as she focused on the camera feed instead, adjusting the camera to count for a golden light in the room.... no, two of them!

It had been strange, for Lunimere, to suddenly have a companion for her part of the etherworld. She'd been watching Polaris for decades, and though her heart broke when Prop lost her marefriend, it was interesting meeting her. Not long after... she was standing at the entrance to PolariSoft, gazing up at the old tunnel. She had been there when Polaris had eagerly planned it, but it was still mindblowing to physically stand in front of it... even though it had been remodeled repeately over time, it hadn't moved.

She slowly walked down the tunnel, then into the garage- she recognised Polaris' old car in the corner, its fins and curves still polished after so long.. it made her smile, again. Then the main room... Finally, she could tell Polaris that he could've changed her silly design for the chandeliers!

Down the first floor hall, up the stairs, and down the second floor hall.... she stopped at the doorway to his room, her breath quickening as she took a glance up at the halo. What if he had sort of moved on, and he didn't really need her anymore? What if she just brought back bad memories and urined everything? What if he hated her now?

With the last thought, she realized she was overthinking it, and with a nervous breath she gently pushed open the door. She crept into the room, then shut it again- locking it. She turned back around, then slowly walked over to the bed, emotions welling up inside of her as she looked over Polaris. Though his body had fought through 70 years to make it to where he was now, he looked the same as he did when she gazed up that horrid stairwell at him.

Lunimere took a careful look down at her belly.... slowly running her hoof along the bulged curve. "Starfield..." she whispered, her first word out loud. Her next word was the name of the stallion who had given her the foal- as she carefully climbed onto his bed, she whispered, "Polaris...." in a shaking voice, the mare starting to break down a little with an electric mix of anxiety and excitement.

The stallion reacted, letting out a gentle groan as he shifted on the bed a little. Lunimere slowly grinned as his old nickname danced on her lips... speaking louder, she said, "Wake up bluebutt~"

Lunimere's words shot like a bullet through 70 years of memories, pain, pleasure, and time to reach Polaris' memories of the 1940s. The name that she cooed as she woke him up, the name she said when she needed help, the name she said when she wanted to tease him, the name that SHE... could it be?

He jerked awake with wide eyes, his heart launching into a frenzied rhythm as emotions crashed through his mind. As Polaris slowly looked up at Lunimere, it all came crashing to a halt as his mind tried to both frantically process his emotions and stop to think at the same time.

It had to be a prank, right? Was that really her? The smile on her lips, the love in her eyes, her smell, her fur, her... halo, he soaked it all in through those few moments. Eventually his thoughts collapsed into a single, joyous shout of "Lunimere~!", which also escaped his lips as he launched out of the bed, tackling the shimmering mare down to the soft mattress as she let out a happy, chiming giggle.

Her name was the only thing he could say before he broke down into messy, happy sobs, the stallion holding tight onto Lunimere as he cried onto her neck, burying himself in her fur, her scent, Her. The mare let her own tears escape her as she hugged tight onto him in return, the mare barely aware as her own Halo smoothly faded away into the night she'd been formed from.

After a long while, Polaris recovered enough to pull back and gaze down at Lunimere, his tears gently falling to her cheeks as she smiled up at him. "I-I've missed you too...." She quietly said, one of her ears twitching. "Me and Wing, we... sometimes, ponies get a chance to come back" She said softly, unable to help melting as she watched the look of love and the grin stuck on her husband's face.

"I-I never gave up hope..." He softly said. However, as he began to think more clearly, lots of other things entered his mind. Lunimere was ready for it however, and she touched a hoof to his snout to stop him. "Don't feel bad for what you've done between then and now... I don't mind, and I love everyone here... I'm so proud of you, Polaris" She said, choking up a little bit at the end as tears leaked into her eyes again.

Polaris decided instead to look at Lunimere in full, and as he gently stood up a little, he gently set a hoof on her belly, and he slid it to where his cutiemark was emblazoned on her fur. Eyes widening, he whispered, "Starfield....?" As he looked up at her, and the mare grinned widely and nodded back at him eagerly.

Overwhelmed with another surge of happiness, Polaris collapsed onto the mare- carefully- and pressed their lips together, diving into an emotional, passionate kiss with her. Luimere returned it eagerly, the mare letting out cute, happy noises as she held tight onto him, not wanting to let go.

Across the hall, Reeve woke up with a soft groan, eyes cracking open as he looked around his room. He was surprised to feel two very strong pools of love in the base, one very close... as he sat up in his bed, the TV came on, showing a very teary but excited Saphira. "R-Reeve, they.... Wing is back, and Lunimere is back too!" She managed to get out.

Reeve's eyes went wide as he took in the information, saying, "Wait, like, Lunimere from...." "Yes!" she finished, keeping the volume quiet. "My.... my mommy's back...." She managed to quietly eke out, before the video cut off again. Reeve couldn't help but smiling a little, the changeling happy to hear so much good news, news he didn't need to verify either- he could feel it swirling through the base, oceans of love overfilling the ponies it was coming from.

Feeling an uncontrollable urge to look outside, the Changeling turned and looked to a window, just in time to see a white, ghostly mare smile at him and then fade into nothingness... lightyears away, a star shimmered into view, completing the night sky once again as two figures flew through the sky underneath it.

Author's Note:

How long until Polaris and Lunimere spend a week boning to make up all the lost time and generate enough love to make chrysalis explode?

Also I wrote this without crying, woo! :D

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment