• Published 20th Nov 2018
  • 1,014 Views, 15 Comments

When Runes Come - deathisupon



humans have come to Equestria by accident and have to save the world from darkness (KH crossover)

  • ...
5
 15
 1,014

Chapter 25: the duel

Author's Note:

Sorry for not posting anything for a long time. I was busy and my pc broke so i had to take a break. anyways while i won't post everyday i will release longer chapters.

A little bit after I woke up i saw Harmony looking over the horizon from a tower. I walked up and decided that since I'm up early that a little talk would be good. Once I got up and not in the middle of a battle I started observing what she looked like.

She has a white coat with a crystal-like structure made to almost look diamond like. Her hair is literally like the rainbow coming off of the rainbow cannon out of the elements. With the red looking the a ruby, Orange looks like a topaz, Yellow looks heliodor, Green being either peridot or jade, Blue is sapphire, And purple being amethyst.

"Hi Harmony. How are you doing?" I asked while looking out over the horizon at the sunrise.

"I'm doing good. Still processing the fact that you can see me. So you said something about a duel yesterday so mind giving me a rundown?" She asked while we continued looking out in the distance.

"I have too many things on my plate to do and while talking to my mare friend she gave me the idea of finishing training them to handle the bulk of the problems here in their home planet while I deal the off world problems like future me and artifacts. I'm basically seeing if she's ready to do it in this dual." I say as during my scan of the surrounding I see Luna on her way.

"Do you mind hiding moony so Luna won't focus on them?" I ask looking at harmony. She nods with a semi serious expression on her face as i go to the castle gate. I land in front of Luna and say "I'm not going easy on you just because you're my mare friend." "I expected nothing less from you. Especially with both you're grand entrance and challenge." Luna says with a smirk.

I smirk back then the word Begin appears over head as Luna launches herself at me. I dodge to the wall and activate the runes i set up causing her wing to close. She gets a look of panic on her when she hears me say "Don't worry i just took some runes and made a dome full of anti-flying magic.". I launch myself at her and struck her with oblivion. Causing her to fly into the castle.

I chased after her and as soon as I entered the castle I casted reflectga to send her spell back at her. she dodged and swung with her lunar eclipse keyblade. I couldn't dodge it in time and got thrown a couple feet before casting waterga to counter her firaga. after the explosion of steam cleared I could see Luna trying to find me. She looked up too late as I struck her into the wall again.

"Are you sure you want to keep this up?" I ask Luna as I prepare for what the next move could be. "I don't know. you tell me if this hurts." Luna said from behind. I turned just in time to see a laser hit me in the face sending me into the wall this time causing me to smirk. "Now this is what I call a party." I say as i charge in for a strike.

Luna used her keyblade to cause a power battle between us. keyblade locked to keyblade. I had enough of the power struggle between us so I kicked off the ground and using the momentum to jump right over Luna to strike her only for her to cast aeroga to blast me away.

When I land against the wall I brace myself for Luna's attack causing another power struggle. "This has been pretty good so far. unluckily for you, I want to go all out now." I say with a grin as I push her away. While she's off of me I switch keyblade to oblivion (kingdom hearts 3 version so it gives +8 strength and +6 magic) And cast firaza and launched myself at Luna while following the fireball as cover. she countered with blizzaga and had a look of shock as I exited the steam and struck her on the side.

"Come on Luna, you gotta keep up!" I yelled while charging at her. I noticed that the longer we are fighting now the more damage the structure was taking. So I got an idea and said "I thought you'd at least be able to handle that strike.". Next thing I knew i had to put my guard up as suddenly Luna appeared and tried to strike me. In her eyes is a bit of bloodlust and I started smiling maniacally.

"This is getting interesting now isn't it Luna!" I yelled as i pushed back to parry her then struck her in the side. I then launched myself at her and tried to hit her againWhen I got parried. I saw the smirk at that successful parry with me thinking 'well fuck.' as she hit me and i flew through the wall. 'note to self, don't get hit through a wall again.' I think as I feel the energy shift.

I immediately went into valor form right before Luna come out in wisdom form. "Let's see what's better. your strength or my magic." Luna said and man did this suck. for about 30 minutes we played the cat and mouse game as whenever I got close she would teleport away and then shoot at me. With it reaching noon now I decided that this is enough so I switched out of valor and saw a look of confusion appear on Luna's face.

"I yield. if we go on any longer we might cause the structure to make it too unstable." I say while I see Luna go from the shock of me yielding this dual to her being so excited that she tackled and her kissing me. With her and the others going to deal with the heartless threat here I can now work on getting to castle oblivion. I just hope whoever the BBEG is I can somehow talk him out of the BBEG role.

Comments ( 4 )

When I read crossed with KH, you mean kindom hearts? I don’t usually read those kinds of fics because I never played any of the ssga and I wouldn’t understand the context

11837684
that's right. KH is usually for kingdom hearts. and it's ok if you don't care for kingdom hearts or not for my fic since I kinda stray from the KH lore. Especially since I myself doesn't have a huge grasp of the lore besides in the main games of "HEY the BBEG is in this world. go through the army from point a to point b then try to kill them." though i have a little grasp of the actual lore via videos on yt.

I was going to respond to the comment of the author, but honestly it gives me more grace and a little pity to have seen a few days ago the yellow label of incomplete and now see the red label of canceled

I cancelled it because i don't like the way the story started. while talking with a sister of mine that likes to write agreed that it would be best to restart from the beginning. but i'm going to make a new fanfic that isn't about KH. i'm currently going to do a Rain World crossover fic.

Login or register to comment