• Published 20th Nov 2018
  • 1,014 Views, 15 Comments

When Runes Come - deathisupon



humans have come to Equestria by accident and have to save the world from darkness (KH crossover)

  • ...
5
 15
 1,014

Chapter 19: The Relic of Morality. Trial 2

"...Okay. Now that that's over... How about we go to the next one."I ask the girls. "Yeah! We need to move on so you can take the Relic. Whatever the relic does." Yang said. The others nodded and agreed about moving on. "Now how do we move on to the next trial?" I asked and received looks of confusion. "You need to go through that door over there." Hadria said. we nodded to express our thanks and walked towards the door. "Jake I need to tell you something in private real quick." Hadria called out. I stopped and sighed. I turn towards her and walk towards her.

"Yes?"I ask her. "Just letting you know the next trial is really hard. like more difficult than mine. And mine has to deal with your worst fear."She said. I nodded and started thinking. How can it be harder than her trial? "Well thanks for the warning Hadria. I'll be sure to be cautious." I say as I turn and walk back to the door. Before anyone could say a thing I opened the door and stepped in. I noticed the difference immediately. This is my life before I came to be 'Displaced'. I looked through the window and noticed myself when I was ten years old. My house was a two story house with a basement and was painted a baby blue. in the yard was a white fence surrounding the house and a couple of trees.

"Was this you as a kid?" Ruby asked me. I nodded and noticed something weird in the corner. There is a pair of yellow eyes in the corner. "Heartless."I whispered to myself but the others must have overheard me. "What is a Heartless?" Weiss asked as everyone was staring at me. I sighed and looked forward. "I was lying when we first met. I'm not from your world." I told them while keeping a eye on the Heartless. "I wasn't originally from your Universe. I was brought here by reading a strange email. The thing about this situation is it can happen randomly. And you could be separated from your family forever if your unlucky." I explained to them. They all gasp and look at me bewildered.

"We're you a lucky one?" Blake asked me. I nodded and noticed the yellow eyes disappear and start to panic. When I turned around I noticed my sister in the yard and in the shadows of the tree came out a Heartless. but that wasn't all there was. When I looked at the heartless I noticed something. It was radiating Light. Unlike the other heartless that radiate darkness.

When it looked in my direction I saw the eyes were full of fear. And then came to hide behind me. I looked behind me at it in surprise and look back. That is when I noticed it. Behind the tree were a hoard of Heartless. and in the center of the hoard was a Darkside. The girls started backing up when they noticed the hoard. But I stayed right where I was.

"Your hiding from them aren't you?"I asked the Heartless radiating light. I see it nod and understand what's happening. "...You brought me out of my Universe to come save you when I took the trial... didn't you?"I asked it. It looked down and nodded. After about a second of being still I turned my head and smiled brightly. "I shall protect you. Simply because you gave me the best life I have." I said and turned towards the hoard.

I summoned my keyblade and see all the heartless look at me. I smile and ran. While running through the neighborhood I quickly thought up a plan of action. When I looked back I see the girls are able to keep up but not the Light Heartless. I'll call it light for now. Light was starting to fall behind. I quickly turned around and ran to Light. When I reached it I picked it up and started running again.

"What's the plan?"Yang yelled presumably at Ruby. Ruby shrugged and jumped. While in the air she turned and shot three bullets. The bullets hardly did anything and she freaked. "My bullets don't do anything!!" She yelled. "Of course they wont! there is only two things that can hurt them besides a keyblade!" I yell as I take the lead. I turn the corner and see the forest I played in with my friends. "The two things that are able to hurt Heartless are Magical weapons and magic. None of you have magic so the most you'll do is slow them down." I yell to them.

"Okay Jake, What is the plan to deal with them? You know more about them than we do." Blake asks. We were starting to get close to the forest. When I look around I see family members running into their houses and locking them like any other frightened human. "...Well first we lure them away from the people. We have been running towards a forest in case you haven't noticed. So step one is complete. Step two is to eliminate the Heartless. I might have to use my special ability." I tell them.

My 'special ability' Is causing a GIANT explosion. The same exact spell I used on Drake. Then a idea came to me. "Hey Ruby, Catch!" I yell as I threw my bag at her. I see her catch it as I turn and run into the hoard. "Come at me! I've faced stronger by myself!" I yell out as I charge. I then noticed that it's exactly as I thought. There is somebody in the center under the Darkside.

I quickly slash at the person only for my hit to be parried. I then turn and slash at the heartless behind me. I take out three in one strike and do damage to three more. I then spin around and throw a kick at the person. They caught my leg and tried to punch me. I quickly catch his punch and throw another kick with my other leg. I kicked them in the face and they let me go. I fell onto the ground and rolled right out of the heartless' way. The heartless swung and hit the person in the chest. "Agh!" they yelled out in pain.

That's when I noticed something oddly familiar about who they were. They were covered in this dark substance. Kind of like how I was when fighting Hadria. "So why are you here? And why are you with the heartless?" I asked him. "Why should I tell you anything?" He asked me back. "So we can try to resolve this peacefully of course." I say and roll my eyes. "Oh so NOW you talk to me huh!? You think you can 'save me' Well think again! I don't want your help Jake." They said and I smiled gleefully. "So why are you fighting me then Dakota? Aren't we family? Plus I protected you before and you had no problem with it then."I tell Dakota.

"Well you should have done better! You are the reason my family abandoned me in the first place!" Dakota yelled at me. I feel a lot of murderous intent coming off him. "Is that why you are hesitating? Why don't you leave them. If they left you then that's their problem." I tell him. "So it seems you seen right through me. No matter what I do I can't do it. What should I do about this darkness? You were always the smart one Jake." Dakota asked. "That's easy Dakota. If you think happy thoughts they should retreat. After all I can't have you being all gloom and moody on me." I say jokingly. When the darkness retreated into Dakota the heartless started disappearing.

"How did you learn to fight like that?"Dakota asked me. "Well when you train for a long time you get gud real quick."I say and laugh. "What have you been doing? Why are you in this light trial anyways?" I asked Dakota. "I don't know... I got an email saying weird stuff. and when it asked me If I would like to be a guardian I said yes. Next thing I know I was chasing after you. I had a 'script' to play." he explained. I nodded with some satisfaction.

When suddenly our surroundings around us started to fade out of existence. Into this void of darkness. "Back to back formation now!" I yell out and everyone starts getting in a circle formation. we hear ominous laughing and all my sins started to crawl. "You know what? This trial was too easy! So let's have some fun, Jake!" A strange voice called out. When it said my name I suddenly felt the urge to run. Whatever this thing is... It's not taking no for a answer. A fist came out of the darkness and decked me in the face. I flew backwards into some of the team and broke my landing. "...Shit he's tough. Be careful everyone! His fist appears seconds before it hits you!" I yell out to them. The all did a sign of acknowledgment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3RD PERSON P.O.V.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first couple of minutes were rinse repeat of find fist and dodge fist. When an idea popped into Jake's head. The next fist came towards Jake to hit him. Only to get caught instead. The owner of the fist slowly came out of the cover of darkness and started to struggle with freeing his arm.

"You weren't supposed to do that!" A teen-like voice said. The person throwing the punches in the first place was a kid... Jake was so shocked that he loosened his grip on the kid. The kid then jumped up and kicked Jake in the face. When Jake flew a little ways back the others were shocked at the power of the kid. He began to think of where he seen the kids face.

"...Aha! I know who you are!" Jake yelled out. The kid looked up at Jake and looked surprised that Jake knew him. "Well I know future you kinda. You should know that since I have the thing connecting us." Jake said. The kid's eyes go wide with bewilderment. The went back to the calm look on his face. "Well then. If you know who I will be in the future then you can tell me the answer to what I become." He said and Jake shook his head."Sorry kid but no can do..." Jake paused. then both Jake and the kid say at the same time. After all the rules of time travel is no telling the past of a person something about in the future." The kid looked shock at the fact he said it. "That just proved you are who I thought you are." Jake said. Jake here's a voice speaking telepathically to him. "Nice job Jake... Now you are ready for the solo test." The voice giggled and they were all teleported.

Jake is in the middle of the room made of stone bricks. On the outer walls were cages. Three cages and all of them are full of his family and friends. At the wall to the left were his new family. In the middle were the family before getting displaced. On the wall to the right is all my friends. Behind me on the fourth wall was a window with a person on the other side. "Nice to see you awake Jake. Now I'm sure you noticed the room your in and the cages with your friends/family in the cages. See when I press this button the floor will open. and under the door is lava. Now choose which you would rather die than live. You got a hour to decide." The person said through the mic system and left.

"Save you family! We're not worth it!" Jake's friends said. "Yeah save your family from before the displacement!" Jake's Equestrian family said. "No! Save your new friends/family over us! We'll slow you down anyways!" Jake's real family said. They went back and forth for an hour. Jake's face without emotions. In fact Jake wasn't even moving. "I'm back!" The captor said through the mic. "So have you decided who's going to die today?" He said. That's when Jake got a idea. "I choose option D." Jake said. Confusing everybody who heard him.

"Their is no option D unless you mean..." Their captor froze. After a couple seconds started laughing madly."*Laughing* You cant be serious! You would do that for them? That's hilarious!" Captor said. Making everyone more confused. "Yep. Now let them go. And I'll go with you."Jake said. Making all his companions gasp. "Not unless you go to the center of the room." Jake went to the center of the room. Captor hit a button and opened a trap door beneath Jake.