• Published 20th Nov 2018
  • 1,014 Views, 15 Comments

When Runes Come - deathisupon



humans have come to Equestria by accident and have to save the world from darkness (KH crossover)

  • ...
5
 15
 1,014

Chapter 9: Merlin

Today was a weird day because when I woke up I felt a huge magic signature that wasn't any pony/draconequus. I get dressed and rush to the source. Which was right outside the city of Canterlot. When I arrived I found someone which surprised me. "Merlin?!?! Is that you?" I ask him

"Maybe. and who are you?" He asks. I'm a pretty big Merlin fan myself. "I'm Jake. Nice to meet one of my biggest inspirations to continue on with life." I told him. His spells always helped in rough situations. He laughs and pats my back.

"Nice to meet you too. Now how did you know I was here? I felt someone with your Mystic signature sense my location immediately." He asked, wanting a explanation. I motion him to follow.

"Well about two weeks ago I became a Keyblade weilder. And I taught myself everything I know. Even with your books on the Mystic helped." I explained. He looked at me impressed. "So why did you rush to me immediately after sensing me?" He asked. I bit my bottom lip and sighed.

"My family ended up arriving here the same way I did a couple days ago. So I started teaching them everything I know about Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, and talking with the keyblade. I'm also teaching the royalty In this world. There is only one royalty left without a keyblade." I explained the little backstory. "Now the reason I rushed to get to you is because I didn't know if you always concealed your magic or not. So since you were here I decided to try and find you." We arrived at the castle. I waved the guards down and we continued on. "The main reason on finding you is because... My weakest point in this is the Mystic arts." I mumbled the last bit, embarrassed. He heard me though and laughed.

"Well I guess staying until their finished with the basics is done. while I'm at it I'll teach you a thing or two." He said while accepting my offer to teach my students. In my mind I was squealing so much. On the outside I was jumping around (Literally) excited about being taught the Mystic arts through The grand-mage. We enter the dining room where everyone was, starring at me oddly.

"Guys meet your Mystic teacher Merlin." When my family doesn't recognize him I chuckle. "He is the Grand-Mage. as well as the first to get all the Mystic art down to the T."

"So what is the difference between magic and Mystic arts?" I hear Celestia ask. but before I could speak up Merlin cut me off by explaining.

"Well magic is used by people that have magic in the world. Passive magic in this world are in everything here. But the only Ponies able to use magic are Unicorns and Alicorns. While Mystic arts can be used by anybody that have a Keyblade." I clapped and did the 'Ta Da' pose

"This is why he's your teacher for this stuff because i understood half of it." I exclaimed which made everyone chuckle. I bet you they are trying to imagine me trying to teach them because half the people here flinched.

"Enough standing here Merlin. Sit down while I grab something for us to eat. Get to know the students." I said as I walk away. Before I fully closed the door I peaked back in and yelled "No pranks Discord!" As i closed the door I heard Discord whistling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Hours Later

In the training grounds

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So what is first on the list?" I asked. He looked at me and commanded I shot a fireball. After I imagine shooting a fireball I yelled "Firaga!". And I shot my best one, Just as he commanded. He nodded. "Your stance is a little sloppy but pretty well for being self-taught." I beam at his praise. Making the princess look at me like I'm sick.

"Are you okay Jake? We have never seen this side of you before. Have any of you?" Celestia asked. everyone but Merlin shook their head.

"Well of course I'm okay. But you gotta understand I was self taught. You kinda have to expect me to be happy at complements from an expert." Everyone nods in understanding. Though Merlin knew the other part of why I'm so happy.

"Now there are a few things you must know about Mystic arts. The first is that you are going to be using the weak version instead of the stronger version. And everyone will have a aspect they are better at then others. What Aspect did you find was easier for you Jake?" He asked me. I thought about it. "The only one I needed to practice was thunder and water. But I got the basic of the main elemental aspects. Unless you include the non-elemental Aspects." I told him He nods.

"So as Jake just said there are two types of Aspects. Now everyone can do them all. But non-elemental has not been fully discovered." I raised my hand. He gives me permission to speak.

"I actually created a spell my first week here. It's pretty effective against Heartless." I say. Merlin wasn't expecting this. "And what do you call it? And can you show it off?" He asked me. I step in the center. "Close you eyes! things are about to be bright." I raise my keyblade to the air and yell "Light!". A bright flash of light happens and fades. Everyone opens their eyes and blink of the dots, Merlin claps afterwards. "Bravo. That was a magnificent spell. You're gonna have to teach me it later after training." He states and turns to the others. "This is what I'm talking about. Even people who aren't taught properly can still make discoveries.".Everyone claps at my spell and I bow and literally start to black out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.O.V. Luna

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I catch Jake as soon as he passes out. since I was the closest to him. everyone but Merlin huddles around asking if he's okay or not.

"He's okay everyone. just back up and let him have some space." Merlin says. When everyone looks at him he continues "He's only exhausted. He is still new to using a keyblade if what he told me is true. So stress is probably catching up with him. Especially with having this many students." Merlin explains. "Now how many times has he fought since here?" Merlin asks. Everyone looks at me and Celestia.

"He's pretty much been fighting since every other day. And he trains on top of it all. He also bottled up a lot of negative feelings." I explain. Merlin is nodding and sighs.

"What he really needs is a break from everything. new Keyblade wielders usually wear out faster then keyblade masters. With how much he's told me and have done I wouldn't be surprised if he sleeps all day.