• Published 3rd Aug 2012
  • 900 Views, 11 Comments

I am Paradox - Msande



when Rose makes the mistake of running in front of her self a paradox is created

  • ...
3
 11
 900

The Birth of Nightmare Moon

"Princess Luna!" Paradox shouted but the amount of magical energy around her was explosive.

"I curse my," Celestia said in a low voice, Paradox glanced over to see the Alicorn was starting to quiver.

"Now is not the time to be lamenting, please tell me you have a plan be because I don't have one," Paradox admitted, as Luna took flight. "Princess you need to calm down what is wrong?" Paradox shouted.

"Celestia, she has everything, I had thought I had somepony I could call a friend. But even then she has to take from me!" She shouted. "She has the appreciation of the pony, and now she makes a play for one of the few people I trust!" she shouted. "We shall not have it, We are Nightmare Moon and this Night shall last forever!" she declared as her hair seemed to flare up.

"Paradox," She said taking a deep breath, "I need you to get the Element's they are-," she started to say when she was suddenly hit with a magical blast shattering the stone balcony and sending her falling to the ground. The possessed Princess leaped into the sky falling after her sister.

"Derpy!" Paradox called out as he raced into the ball room most having gathered around the balcony door having heard the massive crash and magical energy.

"What is going on?" Steal Sword asked as he was about to push past Paradox. Paradox put his hoof forward.

"Nightmare moon has just attacked the princess, we need to evacuate the area. Set up a perimeter, and find some way to help Princess Celestia." Paradox ordered. The guard seemed to lose his voice at the information. "Well hop to it!" Paradox shouted. "I need this place evacuated now!" and with the second shout every-pony with out armor had scattered to the exits.

"We need a perimeter, and if the Event's with Discord are anything to go by we need as big a perimeter as possible. Evacuate the city and the surrounding farms. Somebody needs to head to Vault we need the elements and we need them now!" Steal Sword shouted.

"We think not, We shall not allow you to interfere!" shouted a the booming voice of Nightmare moon. Suddenly a dark mist seemed to appear around them as ponies in Dark armor appeared before her. "Go forth Our great Night Guard!" Nightmare moon shouted as the ponies charged the guards.

The two forces crashed into each other as Paradox let his mind work, The Elements in the vault were apparently regarded as the key to all this. Suddenly the wall shattered as Celestia charged her sister into the ground. The ceiling on the ball room suddenly started to lose tiles. "No time to think about, weapon or otherwise we need something as soon as possible."

Paradox rushed down into the hall, "Dang it I have no idea were the elements are or even what they look like," he realized.

"Paradox, there you are what in the world is going on?" said Diamond Edge as he rushed up to the pony.

"No time to explain your just going to have to trust me, we need to find the Elements of Harmony," Paradox shouted as one of the Night guards suddenly charged him. Diamond Edge blasted the pony into the wall with a massive burst of magical energy.

"Well then if it's that important, i know just the place but, it's a bit of a climb hope you got some good legs on you," Edge said as he closed his eyes as a katana suddenly appeared before him.

"Well It seems somethings never change lead the way," Paradox said as Edge nodded,

"As a Gentilepony and scholar, i would be an honor, to help defend the castle-," He was cut of as Paradox pushed his head down to avoid a flying pony. Paradox winced as the guard slammed into the wall.

"Save the speech for later," Paradox said with a growl as he grabbed the pony and all but dragged him out of the hall.

"If i must," Edge said sighing as he put his hoofs to the ground as he took the lead. "They keep the Elements in Celestia room at the highest tower in the castle." Edge explained as he mad a rush to a flight of stairs.

"Well with her attention, distracted i got a feeling, it should be a simple run to the top," Paradox said with a slight frown, suddenly the castle shuttered. "Why is it never simple?" asking himself as the two picked up the pace. The two quickly raced up the halls making their way to a spiral stair case.

"Paradox pressing his hoof against the wall as the tower began to shake. "That's not good!" shouted Edge as the tower shook. "At this rate the castle is going to crumble in around our ears," Edge shouted when suddenly a blur of colors smashed threw the wall above them.

"Celestia!" Paradox shouted as stone shaped brick suddenly fell down the tower taking a bit of the stairs with them. The possessed Luna suddenly shot threw the whole above them.

"Was That Princess Luna?" Edge shouted his eyes going wide as he looked back at Paradox.

"Sadly yes, but we don't have time for questions we need to get those Elements," Paradox said as Edge nodded when suddenly another ear splitting crash echoed below them. The tower seemed to tilt to the right as paradox felt his body slide under his hooves.

Paradox panic as the tower started to shift back as more stone started to crumble from above. Doing his best to ignore the current situation he pushed his hooves down as he continued up the stairs. "I will not fail again!" Paradox shouted as he rushed up the stairs. "Nobody dies not tonight!" Declaring as he rushed up the stairs rushing past Edge. The two kept moving up the stairs as he found a massive door.

"Curse it's wooden even with my screw Driver," he frowned as picked up speed ready to ram it open if need be. Suddenly the doors glowed opening, as he closed in on the door. Stopping on a rainbow colored rug he glanced back at Diamond Edge. "Did you do that," he quickly shook his head as he glanced back at the door to seem some odd carvings around the frame. Pushing his questions to the back of his mind. he looked around the room.

"Pink, all of it pink, she needs a style change or some other kind of color," Diamond Said looking around the pink colored room. Paradox rolled his eyes looking for anything that looked like an Element of Harmony.

"I have no idea what they look like, curse that book for lack of pictures," Paradox grumbled as five bowling ball sized orbs cough his eye.

"Those are it but it looks like we are missing one," Edge said frowning as he levitated the balls into the air. Paradox didn't respond as he looked around the room. The Tower suddenly shook again as Edge almost dropped the Elements to the ground.

"No time to think about it, take those down to the guards and try to get Celestia's attention, I'll see if i can find that last Element. A spark, and they last one will appear, Did she hide it?" he wondered as Edge disappeared out the room. He quickly rushed to her canopy bed quickly jumping on it as he glanced around the pink blankets. "Think Doctor, wait not a Doctor, Think Paradox, were is that Sixth Element?" he wondered out loud when suddenly the tower trembled even worse than before.

"Damn that stupid-," he clamped his hands over his mouth as a very harsh wave of guilt hit. "I so sorry Rose i didn't mean I was just so," Sighing a bit he quickly pushed his past to the back of his head as he rushed to the closet. He pulled them open still nothing. "Were is that Damn Element!" shouting at the top of his lungs he threw his hooves into the air.

Suddenly the floor shattered as Nightmare moon flew up above him flapping her wings as her eyes glared right at him "Traitor!" she shouted as he horn started to glow.

"Luna this isn't you I dance with you, I care for you deeply. I don't have any feelings for you sister you need to calm down before you hurt somepony."

"I am done with the concerns of others i have been ignored and passed over, NO longer the world shall revolve around me. I shall be the only light me and my moon!" she shouted. Suddenly she let loose a blast of magical energy at Him as he leaped to the side. She ready another blast when a bright blast hit the princes knocking her out of the ceiling. The Roof started to gave in as the floor fallowed in sync.

"Not good!" Paradox shouted as he he found his exit crumbling away before him. Celestia rose up as her horn started to glow lifting Paradox up as the last of the tower suddenly started to crumble to the ground breaking into the castle below.

"Were are the Elements, I need them, they are this lands only hope, at this point and my only hope to keep my sister." She said looking up at the moon above her.

"Edge has them, but i can't find the sixth element," Paradox said as his he crossed his forehooves, an agitated expression on his face.

"Oh i forgot about that detail," Suddenly a loud whistle as her magic was suddenly cut off. Paradox blinked and the Princess had vanished with only a slight stream of stars keeping him company.

"AH!" he screamed as he suddenly dropped "I don't want to test my regeneration abilities today!" he said screaming as he plummeted down to the ground.

"Regeneration, that's silly ponies can't regenerate," giggled a voice as he suddenly felt someone grab onto his hooves. He glance up to see a pure white Pegasus pony with a gravity defying mane.

"Hello there I am the paradox," He greeted, "now if you don't mind i would like to get down."

"Funny you look more like a Doctor," she said smiling as she started to descend. He felt his right eye twitch at the Doctor comment, why did he get the feeling she wasn't referring to a degree. Her wings slowing down a bit she set him gently on the ground before flying off.

Looking up he could see the two princess fighting it out above the city, another tower started to grumble from the massive amounts of magical power the two were blasting out. "And to think it took both of them and the Elements to bring down Discord. first chance I get the Tardis, he said with a slight frown on his face.

"Incoming!" shouted steel sword as massive blast of magical energy flew a bit to close to the growing number of ponies surrounding the castle. Suddenly the magic stopped flying as the two seemed to stair at each other. His ears perked up a bit trying to catch there conversation.

"Please I love you sister, this isn't you you learned to far much to quickly it's finding a way out threw your jealousy you need calm your mind, you can beat this!" Princess Celestia said hoping to reason with her sister.

"Neigh, We have will not go back to the way it was before, We will have the night, i will not suffer in you shadow not here and not at Home either. I shall Rule Equestria even if i have to destroy you and anyone Foalish enough to get in Our way!" Nightmare Moon Declaring her intent to the heavens.

"Then you leave me no choice," the five orbs appeared around the princess, before the final one appeared above. Paradox raising his hand to hide the amount of light shinning from the princess. A massive rainbow suddenly shot upward hitting the moon before falling back down to the ground hitting The possessed Luna the blast sent the Alicorn falling to the ground as Paradox quickly dashed back into the city.

"Luna!" Paradox shouting as he ran threw the ruined city walls when he finally spotted a massive crater. "Luna, speak to me," he urged as he slide down to see the princess in a hep on the ground. Moving her head a bit one eye was clowing but the other was crying.

"I just wanted to be appreciated, to be loved like she was, but seeing her kiss you i couldn't stand it even if it meant nothing. Now i will never get to see you again," she said her head crashing to the ground as her body suddenly started to disappear.

He moved forward grabbing her hoof as he placed it on his chest, her eyes went wide. "Two hearts I am going to be her for a very long time," He said giving her a soft smile.

"Well, if you can make it, I'll see you in a thousand years," she said as her body suddenly vanished as a stream of small stars flew up into the sky as the shadow of the mare soon appeared on the face of the moon.

The gentle sound of wings slowing to a stop as he glanced behind him to see Celestia her coat was scuffed and she even had some burn marks on her face but still kept her head held high.

"So, trapped her in the moon, i can't be the only one who sees this isn't going to solve the problem," Paradox said as he looked up her.

"It's not, but it will give me some time, i need to find a pony for each element. The full capability of the elements will be unlocked, purification. But it will be a long time before I can implement that idea."

"Why couldn't you do it know?" Paradox asked,

"I haven't the time to find everyone who could fit the criteria, well all of them, a few like our friend Diamond Edge would qualify but sadly I am missing a few ponies. I wouldn't mind you being one would make my job a lot easier,"

"Sadly I don't think I qualify I am not much for harmony since i am a bit of a magnet for chaos and problems." Paraod said with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, honesty?" she asked,

"The Doctor lies," he replies evenly, "And so do I,"

"Loyalty,"

"I betrayed my species for the good of the the rest of existence, not to mention i betrayed my best friend," he explained.

"Laughter?" she asked raising an eye brow.

"Ha?" he said giving her a rather lame smile.

"Generosity?" she listed off.

"I don't exactly have much, but information isn't something i give out remember the lie thing?" he asked a bit of a smirk growing on his face.

"Kindness?" she asked,

"The last thing I said to a good friend was stupid Ape," he said evenly.

"The magic of friendship?" she asked releasing a light sigh.

"No magic, and didn't i mention the whole ape thing?" he reminded feeling a bit depressed.

"You don't have a whole lot of faith in yourself do you?" she asked. "Well all the same, I think it's time to rebuild, there was a nice place i was planing on moving the capital to. How Does Canterlot sound?"

"Not bad but i here a baby crying," Paradox said as the princess perked up her ears.

"No way," she said as she craned her neck moving after the voice, Fallowing along as best he could with her longer stride.

"Is that another Pegacorn?" he asked as he looked down at the pink creature creature.

"Yeah, Candice, it seems as if the world needs something new," She said in a very low voice. The pink new addition cowed up at them. Celestia gave a slight nod as she levitated the baby to eye level. Suddenly a valentine heart popped out of the baby's horn she giggled as she clapped at the heart.

"Love?" Paradox asked as he looked up at the princess. She nodded as he watched tears stream down her face. "I can understand why." Paradox said with a nod.