• Published 3rd Aug 2012
  • 900 Views, 11 Comments

I am Paradox - Msande



when Rose makes the mistake of running in front of her self a paradox is created

  • ...
3
 11
 900

The first Gala

"Tick, Tock," went the grand father clock as Paradox watched the pendulum swing back and forth. His eyes lazily watched as he glanced over the growing line of finely dressed ponies. Celestia was standing at the height of a long stair case. Luna walked up next to him giving him an odd look as he ignored her watching the clock.

Luna glanced back at her sister, the Princess had a grin on her face grinning to each individual in turn. She glanced over the line as ponies didn't bother looking at her as they entered the ball room. Her hoof brushed against her white single strap dress.

"You are looking lovely this evening," Diamond Edge said shaking his purple mane out of his eyes. His horn glowed as he adjusted the silver metal charm on her single strap. "Please be careful that is precious to me and i can't have it just falling off." Luna looked at with an uneasy frowning a bit but didn't reply.

"Diamond Edge," Paradox greeted, as he adjusted his tie. "I see you kept it simple i am surprised i figured you would have gone a bit more, extravagant."

"He wanted to mister, but Luna wouldn't let him, he really wanted to have a lot of fun with feathers but in the end he stuck with his original idea," Derpy said with a smile she spun around in the air a bright purple dress flowing around her. Paradox smirked a bit as she touched her mane which was done up in a small tiara.

"So shall we head to the ball room, I do believe I hear the music starting," Paradox replies moving forward. Luna nodded quietly walking behind him. "Don't worry about it, to be honest I would hate to be your sister right now dealing with people bah," Paradox frowned shaking his head. "One or two of you is about all I can handle in a day," He got a small smile from Luna as they made there way to the ball room.

The doors glowed a dark blue as the massive doors opened up. "What?" she said as she looked around the room filled with allusions to the night sky her night sky. Paradox walked up next to her as the Princess and Derpy looked around slack jawed. She could point out the consolations, and admired the long translucent drapery that shimmered along the pillars near the edge of the room.



"But how when did Tia find the time to?" Luna asked as she looked at Paradox.

"It looks amazing doesn't it, and I do believe the music has started," he observed. "Do you plan on dancing or anything?" Paradox asked.

"Dance?" she answered gulping. "Oh never, I wouldn't dare, um i would rather, head of to the side you must tell me have you learned anything new from your experiments?"

"Nothing yet, and i would never discuss such things you have so many people to talk to, and not mention more than enough food to enjoy. I have a few things I need to take care off," he said politely declining her invitation. Luna cocked her head wondering what Paradox could be up to.

"Hello Derpy I have been looking for you all over," said a voice as the grey pegasus turned to see her friend. Luna didn't bother to look at Derpy's companion as she watched Paradox vanish into the growing number of ponies. She failed to notice that the her shadow seemed to grow along the floor.

The party had moved into a solid swing with a good number of ponies dancing along side the music. Paradox couldn't help but smirk that nearly everyone seemed relaxed in a very casually environment not something one often saw during a royal party. The second Princess had finally arrived looking a little ruffled but okay.

"The guests giving you bit of grief?" Paradox chuckled a bit as she shot him a slight glare before just as quickly snuffing it out.

"Something like that, it's so hard to keep my cool it's hard to keep everyone as pony instead of as just another number like so much of my paperwork tries to make them seem," he said a tinge of sadness entering her voice.

"I am glad you are trying to see the people in such a light. I do not believe i would far as well, which is why i stick to maybe, one, or two, companions," Paradox started to trail of a bit as his mind returned to Rose. he was jarred from his thoughts as Celestia patted him on the back.

"Time heals all wounds, besides even if you can't find your sexy box you will always have me and my sister her to make life some what more bearable," Celestia said a kind smile appearing on her face.

"If I stick around here I would go stir crazy," Paradox said a light chuckle rumbling in his belly.

"Oh I am sure I could think of something for you to do," she said giving him sly grin as she walked past him. Paradox blinked a bit confused but before he could question her on the comment she continued. "Now then I do believe it is time for your grand entrance."

Luna kept to the side all but hiding in the shadow of one of the pillars. She took a sip of her tea as one of the castle servant's quickly filled it back up. She narrowed her eyes in frustration. "Princess Luna, a stallion wishes your hoof for the next dance.

"I am so-," she said as she turned to see a a pair of eyes at her level. "Paradox?" she asked very surprised.

"Shall we dance I figured you would want some one a bit more you height," he said as he raised a hoof. Luna looked at his hoof than at him.

"I can't dance," Luna replied her face now sporting a bright blush. He quickly grabs her hoof leading the stuttering princess into the center of the room. The rest of the dancers move to the side as a bright spot light hits the pair.

"I think I can compensate, I am quiet the dancer," Paradox said smiling. Luna opened and closed her mouth as the orchestra music started up. Paradox slowly moved around her as the music started slow.

"I hate you so much right now," she said with frown as she mirrored the movement. He gave a slight smirk,

"I think I can live with that," Paradox said as the two stood up on there hind hooves. He quickly spun her around the sudden movement catching her by surprises.Paradox lead the two around the Dance as Luna glanced back at the crowd watching. "Don't worry about them, trust me it will just make you nervous."

The Dance floor soon started to fill back up as other ponies started to dance around the pair. "I didn't know you could dance." She commented. Paradox felt his lip twitch "Something wrong?"

"It's nothing," He dismissed. waving it of as his mind went back to dancing his hoof stumbling for a second. He wasn't use to the body let alone weight yet.

"Looks like I am not the only one with problems on her feet." Luna said laughing a bit the laugh rang around them as a large group of dancers.

"Seems as thought people are starting to join us," Paradox pointed out as Luna glanced around them. "You feeling okay?"

"Yeah," she said with a smile, "I feel really good," she admitted as Paradox noticed her shadow shrink back down to what would be normal size for a pony of her stature. He could see the relief on Celestia's face. Crisis averted, he smiled as he swept her into a low bow before pulling her back up.

"That's good to here, you know with all the magic you know, you start a school up. You would be better qualified than me," Paradox reminded. Luna seemed to snap strait as she looked around her, giving Paradox a "you serious" expression. "I am sure your good friend star swirled would be more than happy to help." Paradox said with a laugh.

The two danced on into the night as the music and ponies changed to pair was a constant. Paradox soon spotted Celestia pointing at her hoof signalling she was getting tired. "Well I believe that's all she wrote for me," he said as he lowered himself back.

The two moved to the side as Luna soon found herself surrounded. "That was amazing," "Were did you learn to dance like that?" "Can you teach me," asked the now growing group. Luna looked at Paradox with wide eyes.

"Help me," she mouthed, as Paradox gave her a soft smile and a wave. She looked down as Derpy appeared next to her. "At least someone likes me," she said with a sigh as Paradox slowly shrunk down to his normal size.

"Well, it seems everything worked out in the end, And she is now opening up to people," Celestia said with a fond smile. "Now just keep her out of the magical studies for the next hundred and we won't have any trouble with this nightmare moon." she said confidently. "Walk with me," she said as she made her leave walking out onto a large balcony. The moon was large in the sky, and stars twinkled in the sky above them.

"So what is do you wish to talk to me about?" he asked casually.

"Until you find your box do you have any long term plan's?" she asked as she approached the balcony. "Outside of discovering the mysteries of magic?"

"Nothing else, I wouldn't mind traveling, around see as how new i am to the planet," Paradox replied. "That and hunting for my box. To be sure I am not sure how helpful you will be in finding it, it had mean's of avoiding detection,"

"Wouldn't hurt to help, all the same, I was wondering since you are an immortal, if you would be willing to stay here, with me," she said as she looked at the doctor.

"Um, I am not use to staying in one place," Paradox admitted.

"Oh," she said, "I take time traveling makes it easier you could always go back and see people even if they should have died so long ago," she said lowering her head.

"No at some point you have to let them go, but i do not have that blessing anymore. I will hang around but don't expect much from me. I am not a big fan of governments they have a habit of corrupting themselves overtime,"

"Well then it seems I have someone to keep an eye on me," she said confidently glancing back at Him.

"So it seems," Paradox said evenly as she turned back to face him slowly moving to him. "Wha-," he was cut off as Celestia moved in kissing him on the lips.

"Sister?" Luna said as she pulled back to see a very shocked sister. The two looked up as they suddenly saw a massive shadow grow behind her in the moon light.

"Bugger," Paradox said as he took an involuntary step backwards.