• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 593 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 593

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 34: Power of Potential, Part 1

Sleep usually tends to be thought of as restful. A peaceful end to a day. Unfortunately for Burst Stream, his slumber was anything but peaceful. Ever since he further accelerated his countdown to destruction in the fight against the Gladiator Beasts of Grand Jupiter, Burst had informed his father Aether about his condition's status. The months that Burst Stream had remaining were decimated into mere days. Burst Stream knew the risks and the outcome of his actions, and he accepted the consequences. But just because you accept something doesn't mean you're at peace with it. And the dreams plaguing Burst's slumber made this fact very clear.

Within his dreams, Burst Stream saw his countdown reach zero. And as his body self-destructed, he couldn't even scream because he was too busy trying to process his end. In response, his body did the only reflex it could in such a situation: close your eyes shut and brace for the end. Burst Stream was certain that his end would be like a grand explosion of his magic and a sound that would split the heavens would erupt from his passing. But much to the element of power's shock, he heard nothing. There was no gigantic explosion of light or magic, there wasn't even a rumble. Hesitantly, Burst Stream opened one of his eyes. He was greeted with the sight of nothing but darkness all around him. However, something felt different. The darkness surrounding him didn't feel cold, numbing, or even suffocating. It felt warm, comforting even. Deciding to take in the comfort that was present, Burst Stream slowly relaxed his body and nuzzled against the dark. And much to his surprise, it nuzzled back. When Burst Stream opened his eyes, he found himself in the arms of Nightmare Moon. Her eyes full of concern as she wrapped her wings around her beloved and stroked his back.

"I guess you really are the girl of my dreams, huh?" Burst Stream asked with a weak smile. ". . . I'm sorry Moon. You were probably having the best dream about what life we could have together, and I had to go and ruin it with my-"

"Don't say that." Nightmare Moon said with a heavy sigh. "You didn't ruin anything Burst. There's nothing for you to apologize for." She then tightened her hold around Burst Stream. "I'm the one who needs to apologize. Burst Stream I'm so sorry. I could have taken on the Chaos Kin army that marched on Manehattan. I could have easily sent those machines to the scrapheap! I should've been the one to do the fighting on behalf of you and your friends! I could've won so easily, and this wouldn't have happened to you!"

". . . You know that I'm going to say you shouldn't be thinking like this, right?" Burst Stream asked as he slowly wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. "Even if you did show up, I probably still would've done what led me to this point. Maybe my current condition might not have been at its current extent, but I still would've gone as far as I had. You know that, don't you?"

"I know. I know." Nightmare Moon said as she held back her tears as best she could. "That's why I love you so much. You're willing to go above and beyond when protecting what you care about. I know that more than anyone. And it hurts so much to know that I'm going to lose you. I don't know how much time you have, but I want you to do one thing for me right now. Because I don't know if I'll be able to hold it together when you're gone."

"Just name it." Burst Stream said as he cupped Nightmare Moon's face with his hands. "Tell me what you want from me Moon."

"I want you to wake up and show me how much you love me." Nightmare Moon said with teary eyes. "Give me all the love you have to give, and make sure you don't stop until I know you'll never be truly gone."

And with that, Burst Stream woke up with Nightmare Moon following suit. Burst grabbed a hold of Moon's hands, and crashed his lips against hers in what was probably the deepest kiss he'd ever given her. In response, Nightmare Moon desperate embraced him. Holding him like he could disappear at any moment. A full minute passed before the two had to break for air. Both of them blushing heavily before touching their foreheads together and drifting off to sleep not long after. The comfort and peace that had been interrupted not a few moments ago restored when they lay in each other's arms.

'Maybe it's stupid of me to think this, but I hope to Faust that some kind of answer to my problems comes around.' Burst thought to himself as his eyes began to shut. 'Because I'm still a bit scared of leaving everyone I care about without me.' And when the next day came, it seemed as though his prayers were answered. It began as any other morning in Burst's house. Getting dressed, preparing breakfast, and killing some time by watching TV. What changed everything was a call from Burst's dad.

"Dad?" Burst Stream asked as he answered his phone. "What's up?"

"I've done it son! I've done it!" Aether cried happily on the other side of the call! "It took me some time, but I've finally gotten it ready! I found a way to put a halt to your countdown!"

"What?!" Burst Stream could hardly believe it! It was only last night he'd hoped for such a solution! And the very next morning, his dad was telling him that he'd found it! "How did you find a solution?! More importantly, what's the remedy to my condition entail?"

"I'll explain it at home! This is something you NEED to hear face-to-face! And if it goes well with you, it just might help your friends against the coming threat!" Aether replied! "I know you're worried about that last sentence, but I'll explain that to you as well upon your arrival! In fact, tell all of your team to come with you! I want them all to know what's at stake!"

"Uh, g-got it Dad." Burst Stream said with a nod. And he immediately set to texting the rest of the Elements of Heroism to inform them of the news. It didn't take long for the entire team to assemble and for the Avatars among their group to pull off a group teleport right in front of Burst's old house. A quick knock on the door later, and the entire group was pulled into Burst's old home by Aether's magic. "Okay Dad. I got my friends here. So what's the solution you came up with for my countdown? Did you find a way to stabilize my magic and repair the damage done to my body?"

"I did find a solution to your predicament Burst." Aether said with a nod. His fists clenching in determination. "However, I must ask that you listen very carefully to what it entails. Are you ready?" Burst Stream nodded. "Good. The solution I found is by no means without its cost. Burst Stream, I need to seal away your magic. Doing so will keep it contained and secure, and will also undo the damage that's been done to your body. However, if I do this, you won't be able to use your magic at all. You can still break the seal on your own because I'll be transferring the spell to you once I get it prepared. But I don't think I need to tell you the consequences of doing this."

". . . " Silence was Burst's only reply.

"Son. . . " Aether said with a sigh. "It wasn't easy for me to consider this. Your mother and I spent a day or two debating whether informing you of such a method was the right thing to do. What I'm asking of you seems so-"

"I'll do it." Burst Stream answered with a firm tone. "I haven't relied on my own magic too heavily. Most of the fighting I do with either my limbs or my weapons. I'll miss being able to use it, but the ability to use magic doesn't seem like much in comparison to getting my full life back. You and Mom were just concerned over what was best for me. And you did the right thing informing me of what I could be facing instead of just forcing it on me. That just goes to show how much both of you care about me."

"It does me a lot of good to hear that from you son." Aether said with a sigh of relief before turning his attention to the rest of the Elements of Heroism. "And now, to address the other point of concern. Over the phone, I mentioned that the sealing spell I've produced will aid in the coming threat. My life as one of Unity's greatest heroes hasn't been short on villains who sought to try and take over the world. But none were more deadly than Lord Tirek. The magic thief. Long ago, Tirek and his brother Scorpan set out to steal magic. Tirek sought to make himself the ruler of the world by absorbing the magic possessed by each of the tribes. And if he could get his hands on it, the magic that Avatars possess. But when Scorpan went to scout our lands and observe our people, he discovered friendship and his heart was touched by it. I had sensed his intentions, but I also saw that he had a good heart. Far more than I could say for his brother. All the same, I confronted him about his mission and told him to see if he could convince Tirek to abandon his pursuit of power. Unfortunately, when Scorpan returned to his home kingdom, Tirek refused to back down and decided to mount an attack on Unity."

"Scorpan warned me of Tirek's advance, and I informed Celestia and Luna of the danger. Before I left to battle Tirek, Scorpan pleaded with me to spare his brother's life. A plea that I can't help but wonder if I was wrong to hear. My battle against Tirek was probably one of the most brutal fights I've ever been in. Fortunately, Princesses Celestia and Luna were able to open the portal to Tartarus and I kicked the magic-hungry fiend in there face-first. I thought he would remain imprisoned in that pit forever, but it seems Cerberus got distracted one day. Enough for Tirek to pull off whatever escape plan he'd concocted during his time in Tartarus." Aether sighed. "And just recently, I sensed his presence. He's far from the power he had when I last faced him, but that's no reason to relax. He's been moving quietly, and been gradually regaining his strength by stealing the magic of anyone he can ambush."

"So that's why you asked the rest of us to come too." Arctic Ace said. "You're going to ask us if we'll also undergo sealing our magic so that Tirek can't get his hands on it, am I right?"

"Yes." Aether said with a nod. "I've already informed Celestia and Luna about Tirek, and there's a good chance Twilight Sparkle is going to be informed of the situation very soon. I've faith that the princesses will enact a good countermeasure to ensure their power doesn't fall into Tirek's clutches. Hopefully, Tirek can be caught and the magic he's stolen returned to its rightful owners. However, if worse comes to worse, I don't want to risk him becoming even more powerful. He would be nearly unstoppable with the magic of the princesses. I'm honestly horrified to think of what would happen should he steal the magic from all of you."

"With all do respect sir?" Steel Edge began. "I don't think you need to ask us to undergo the sealing spell. Just applying a few seconds of rational thought, there's no decision to make. If we manage to get pinned by Tirek long enough for him to suck the magic out of us, he'd be using our power to harm others. That's something I don't think any of us can let that happen."

"Then it looks like you're all in agreement." Aether said with a small smile before turning his attention to Inferno. "However, in Inferno's case, I don't even know if Tirek would be able to absorb his power. Inferno's transformation is something that's been unheard of. The dragonic abilities you've obtained as a result can't necessarily be called magic. So you should be able to fight at full capacity with no trouble."

"I guess that means I'm exempt from the sealing too." Nightfall Silver said with a nod. "Most of my gear is tech oriented, so Tirek won't be able to siphon anything of value from the new suit I've been working on."

"Well if we're done discussing the situation, let's proceed with the sealing." Aether said with a nod. "Step forward Burst Stream. And channel a small portion of your magic." As soon as Burst stepped forward, Aether's hands glowed with the pure white aura of his magic. A glyph soon formed with a blank center. "This is the seal spell that will lock down your magic. The blank center will conform to whoever adds their magic to it so they may break the seal when necessary. Channel some of your magic into the glyph now."

"Got it." Burst said with a nod as he put his hands on the glyph's blank center and channeled his magic into it. As soon as the channeling was finished, Aether cast the glyph onto Burst Stream. The glyph fading upon contact, and the cracks all over Burst Stream's body began to fade and mend. "It worked! I don't look like I'm going to fall to pieces anymore!"

"Then you'd better hurry and tell your girlfriend the good news." Aether said with a small smile. "You go on out there Burst. I'll see to the sealing of the rest of your friends and send them on their way."

Burst Stream nodded, and dialed up Nightmare Moon to inform her of the recent development. Needless to say, the fallen princess was ecstatic to hear she would be able to have a future with her boyfriend. It went without saying that Burst Stream was also quite pleased with the current outcome. Nightmare Moon had also informed him that she'd put a protective seal on her own magic shortly after she had regained a physical form. So there was no need to worry about her magic being stolen.

"Well, better tell Celestia the good news face to face." Burst said with a small smile after he hung up. "Plus, I'll get the chance to stun Twilight again with my gaining of crucial info early. The look on her face is always priceless." And so, Burst Stream set about going along the familiar path to Castalot Castle. Before long, he found himself at the gates and was let in without any delay. And upon reaching the throne room, he just caught the princesses finishing informing Twilight Sparkle. "Well, it looks like I've arrived late to the party."

"Burst Stream?!" Twilight Sparkle squeaked in surprise. "Uh. . . how much of that did you hear?"

"Don't need to tell you what I saw because my dad informed of our current crisis." Burst said with a shrug.

"So it appears you've already been informed of Tirek's escape." Celestia noted. "I assume that Aether informed you of our prior clash with Tirek."

"Yup." Burst Stream said with a nod. "So I take it you're getting Twilight up to speed so she can lay a quick beatdown on Tirek and throw him back in Tartarus?"

"Not exactly." Luna said with a shake of her head. "We've already selected two individuals to apprehend Tirek in his current state. Said persons being Discord and Sombra."

"Uh, not to question your judgement, but are you sure those two are cut out for the job?" Burst Stream asked. "Discord seems like the type who would goof off until things got down to the wire given his powers. And Sombra would probably get lost since he hasn't been outside the Crystal Empire for pretty much his entire life."

"Oh ye of little faith." Discord said with a mock sigh as he popped into the room and dropped Sombra onto the ground. The former tyrant shaking as he hit solid ground. "Don't worry your soon-to-be-exploding head Burst Stream! I'll have Tirek tagged and bagged for you in a heartbeat! And Old Sombra here's going to be my sidekick for this little mission! Come on buddy! We're a teleport away from victory!"

"Help me. Please." Sombra pleaded before Discord scooped him off the ground. "I don't think I can handle another one of his crazy teleports. . . "

"Discord." Burst Stream called out as Discord prepared to teleport. "Know that if you screw this up, I'll make sure to hit you even harder and somewhere way worse than when I punched you during your return. It's not a threat, just a promise." Discord shrugged at Burst Stream's words and teleported away, and Burst looked to the princesses. "He does know I was being serious, right?"

"If he did know, he probably didn't care." Cadence said with a shrug. "By the way Burst, you're looking a lot better than from what Aunt Celestia told me."

"Come to think of it, Cadence is right." Celestia walked up to Burst, and saw that the cracks that were once rampant all over his body had seemed to be mended. "It looks like your countdown's come to a complete stop. How did this happen?"

"Well, my dad whipped up a seal that would contain and secure my unstable magic. And since it's under lock and key, the damage done to my body healed up in no time at all. The only downside is that I can't access my magic, but I can break the seal if I need to. But honestly, could you all really see me doing something like that when I just got back the life I almost came so close to losing?"

"So it looks like your time with us isn't over just yet." Celestia said with a relieved smile. "Um, I don't have any other important matters scheduled for the day. If you'd like to-"

"I'd love to." Burst Stream said with a bright smile. "It's been a while since we last talked. And a phone call or text just doesn't feel the same as talking with you in-person. How about we take a stroll through the city?"

"What about all the people that'd try to snap a picture of us?" Celestia asked with a slight blush.

"Celestia. I'm going to be by your side the whole time." Burst said with a chuckle. "Anyone trying to bother you knows that I'd kick their asses in an instant. Just like how I should've kicked Blueblood in the face for being a Grade-A jerk."

"While I don't enjoy the mental image of my nephew being subjected to such treatment, I can't say he's undeserving of such." Celestia said with a small smile. And she and Burst Stream began walking. As the two of them walked through the streets of Castalot, Celestia couldn't help but smile fondly. "It's a lovely day outside, isn't it?"

"You should know." Burst Stream said with a smirk. "You're the one that makes sure there's a day to begin with. So how're things at the castle?"

"Same as usual." Celestia said with a sigh before giving Burst Stream a meaningful stare. "You know, I wish that we'd gone out more back then. I don't care how tired I would've been, I could've used a little escape from my responsibilities with you back when we were together."

"Yeah. Maybe that would've even prevented Shining Dawn from ever trying to split us up." Burst Stream said with a sigh. "But there's no point in trying to undo that, is there?"

"I know." Celestia said sadly. "The fact is we were together, but now we're not. But if there's one good thing I can think of, it's that neither of us alone are completely responsible. Not to mention, it gave you the chance to show love to someone who desperately needed and wanted it."

"True enough." Burst Stream said with a small smile. "Besides, just because we aren't dating anymore doesn't mean I can't make you happy, right?"

"Yes." Celestia said with a small giggle. "Despite how much you've grown, you still have the same energy I saw all those years ago when I first met you. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a smile like yours."

"Well, my Mom said that a smile contains a lot of power." Burst said as his face slightly flushed red. "I guess she was right considering I manged to have you fall for me."

"You've got that right." Celestia said with a warm smile. "I'll be sure to let you know if I ever need you to save me from my daily grind. Until next time."

"And I'll be more than willing to answer your call." Burst Stream said as he gave Celestia a thumbs-up sign. "I am your dragon knight, after-all." And as Celestia teleported back to her castle, Burst Stream decided to visit some of his old haunts. No better way to celebrate halting your countdown to destruction.

Meanwhile, in Manehattan, Discord and Sombra had just cornered Tirek. Sombra stumbled off to the side to recover from the bumpy transportation that Discord insisted would be no problem. The former tyrant's dizziness begged to differ.

"Alright then. We found the villain-of-the-season. Now all that's left to do is cuff him!" Discord declared proudly. "Ex-Lord Tirek. Under Celestia and Luna's request, I'm here to send you back to your special place in Tartarus."

". . . Very well then." Tirek said with a shrug. "I've no means to reasonably resist you, so there's no sense in fighting a losing battle. But before you take me in, would you mind answering a question of mine?"

"Fine." Discord said with a shrug. "A villain of your level deserves that much at the very least."

"Don't you miss your glory days?" Tirek asked with a devious smile. He also turned his attention to Sombra who had just recovered. "Just think of all that the two of you used to have. The world being your literal playground. An entire kingdom at your feet. Freedom to do what you wanted simply because you were stronger than those beneath you. Wasn't that great? Join me, and I can offer you something so much greater than friendship."

"No. It wasn't." Sombra said with a frown. "I didn't want any of the events that led to me seizing power to happen. Having that crown on my head just made me feel even worse because I knew I didn't deserve it. You're saying I was powerful when I took over the Crystal Empire. But strength and power aren't one and the same. I was just a weak, scared child. And I've finally grown up. Discord. Let's not waste anymore time and-?!" Before Sombra could finish his sentence, Discord snapped his fingers and zipped Sombra's mouth shut!

"You're speaking my language Tirek." Discord said with a crazed grin. "But something tells me that we won't be able to get a good jump-start on the chaos with your current state. So, how about a little pick-me-up?" Discord levitated Sombra right in front of Tirek, unzipped his mouth, and watched as Tirek drained the magic from Sombra!

"Yes!" Tirek exclaimed as soon as he finished draining Sombra! "Now THIS is a proper start for my return! Lead the way, Discord. Just make sure to leave the dead weight behind. Not much use we can get out of him. The looks on all the weaklings' faces will be priceless!"

And with that, Discord casually discarded Sombra into the shadows before opening a portal to lead Tirek to more magic. However, upon landing among the shadows, Sombra discovered an ability that wasn't tied to his magic. He could see his body starting to turn to shadow.

"It'll be faster than walking. . . " Sombra groaned as he turned into his shadow form and slithered away as fast as he could back to Castalot. It didn't take too long for him to arrive and inform the princesses of Discord's treachery. "And that's about everything that went wrong."

"We thank you for informing us Sombra." Luna said with a nod. "Unfortunately, there's not much more that you can do. Sadly, even your warning will do very little against the fact that Discord and Tirek have joined forces. But fear not. With this new information, we have been able to form a plan. Take your leave, and rest. You have done all you can." She then put a hand on Sombra's shoulder. "And we cannot have asked anymore of you."

"Thank you." Sombra said with a slight bow as he took his leave.

Not long after, Twilight was summoned back to Castalot and was informed of the current development. Needless to say, she was pretty shaken to hear that Discord had stabbed them all in the back. She was even more stunned at the fact the princesses would be transferring their magic to her! However, Twilight wasn't paralyzed for long. This wasn't the first time a heavy burden had been placed on her shoulder, and it probably wouldn't be the last.

"I hope you left me a manual on how to raise the sun and moon." Twilight said calmly as the transfer finished. "Because I literally might make a day pass by in an instant."

"I'm glad to see you're handling this well Twilight." Celestia said with a tired smile as she recollected herself. "I guess it just goes to show you how good a group of friends you have."

"Well, Pinkie Pie and Akage cracking jokes in our previous fights might have something to do with that." Twilight answered. "I won't let any of you down. I promise." And with that, Twilight headed back to Unityville and her library. But not before she bumped into Burst Stream on her way. "Oh. Burst. I was just heading back to Unityville. Want to ride with me?"

"No. I think I'll crash in my old home for the night." Burst Stream said with a shrug. "But what brings you back to the castle? Did this whole Tirek mess get resolved already?"

"Well, no. It didn't." Twilight said as she turned her eyes towards the ground. "The princesses just transferred all their magic to me because. . . things didn't go as planned. What I'm about to tell you, I'm only going to reveal because you're my friend and fellow leader of a team of elements. Burst. . . Discord betrayed us."

". . . Somehow I knew this would happen." Burst Stream said with a frown as he whipped out his phone and dialed up Inferno Flare's number. "Inferno."

"Yo Burst." Inferno Flare answered on the other side of the call. "What's up with the serious tone?"

"The princess' plan to capture Tirek fell through." Burst Stream said in a fierce tone. "I want you and the guys to stay on guard and make sure that everyone in town gets evacuated. If Tirek is still on the loose, then there's a good chance he'll come for Unityville to steal as much magic as he can."

"I gotcha bud!" Inferno answered. "I'll get the rest of the guys geared up immediately! Once you're with us, we'll-"

"No!" Burst Stream cried out! "My dad mentioned that Tirek's the vengeful type! If he's still out there, he'll more than likely come for the princesses! Not to mention he'll probably come after my parents because my dad's the one that sent him falling into Tartarus!"

"Burst, are you crazy?!" Inferno Flare shouted over the phone! "You're the son of the guy who sent him there in the first place! If anything, that would make you one of Tirek's biggest targets! I can understand where you're coming from, but-!"

"Listen to me Inferno!" Burst Stream screamed! "By the time it takes me to get back to Unityville, Tirek would probably start tearing up Castalot! If I'm here right now, I can at least try to minimize the damage he'll do! I don't expect to win, but I won't be able to live with myself if I don't do something to try and stop him! Your job is to make sure Unityville is protected because I know I can't stop Tirek! This is the first, and only time I'll say this to you: THAT'S AN ORDER! . . . Understood?"

". . . Loud and clear, buddy." Inferno said with a defeated tone as he clenched his fist. "And don't you dare get so beat up that you can't see me and the guys kick Tirek's ass back to Tartarus!"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Burst Stream said with a small smile before hanging up. "Twilight. Go back to Unityville, and get there now. The longer you're here, the greater the chances of Tirek finding out that you've got all the Avatar magic in Unity. And he'd probably level the whole city to get what he wants."

"I understand." Twilight said sadly. "I don't know if saying this will help you, but good luck Burst Stream."

"I'll need it." Burst said with a sigh as he watched Twilight fly away. He then pulled out his phone, and made the most difficult call of his life. "Moon?"

"I know what's happening." Nightmare Moon answered. "I just got a letter from Celestia explaining what's happened. And somehow, I knew you'd happen upon the current situation. Life always seems to throw big fights at you, doesn't it?"

"That's something I've gotten used to." Burst Stream replied back. "Moon. I need you to place whatever seal you put on your magic onto Pinkie Pie. We can't risk letting Tirek get any more power. You make sure to go with my friends and protect Unityville."

"You're not coming to us, are you?" Nightmare Moon asked. It was clear in her voice that she knew what Burst Stream planned on doing. "You're going to fight him when he gets to Castalot. It's not hard to put together why you've decided to do this. But you know that you don't stand a chance of winning, don't you?"

". . . Yeah. I know." Burst Stream said sadly.

"Then promise me one thing." Nightmare Moon said as tears began to fall from her eyes. "Promise me that you won't die until this whole mess is over. All I want is to see you smile one last time. I couldn't forgive myself if you left this world unhappy."

"Moon, I swear to Faust I'll have a smile on my face as long as you're near me." Burst Stream said with conviction. "I love you Moon. And I hope to see you again soon." And with that, Burst Stream hung up the phone and summoned his Duelist Arms before making his way back to the royal castle. He arrived just minutes after Discord returned with Tirek in tow. The aftermath of their arrival being the dazed and drained mass of guards who had hoped to delay the two. It was pretty obvious that they didn't last too long. "Shining Armor!"

"Burst Stream?" Shining Armor said weakly. "This is the second time you've had to get me out of a mess. If you're looking for Tirek and Discord, they're headed to the princesses. Me and my men stood no chance. And I hate to say it, but I doubt you'd fare any better."

"I know." Burst Stream said with a nod. "But if I go down, I go down fighting." And with that, he raced off towards the throne room! Just in time to see Tirek attempt to drain the magic of the princesses!

"And now, I shall reclaim what I was denied so long ago!" Tirek said with a wicked grin as he grabbed a hold of Celestia, and his jaw unhinged to suck the magic right out of her! But to his displeasure, he couldn't get anything! "What?! Where is your magi-GAH!" His question went unfinished as a charged shot from Burst Stream's twin blasters hit Tirek in the back! "WHO DARES?!"

"Good to know I've got your attention." Burst Stream announced as he holstered one of his blasters, and raised his free hand to grasp the handle of his sword! He noted the concerned expression on Celestia's face, but put that thought aside. "As for who, the name's Burst Stream. And I dare because you're tearing up my home."

"A decision you'll soon regret!" Tirek growled as he charged at Burst Stream! Fully intent in trampling the Element of Power! "Especially once you're ground into the dirt!"

Burst Stream rolled out of the way to avoid Tirek's charge, and slashed at Tirek's side with his sword before pelting him with a hail of shots from his blaster! While none of the attacks were enough to damage Tirek, they were certainly more than enough to annoy the centaur!

"The fact you chose to stand against me is foolish, boy." Tirek said with a scowl as he took another charge shot to the chest! "So I'll just make you fall now!" And with that, Tirek stomped his forelegs and sent out a shockwave that made Burst Stream lose his footing! But Tirek wasn't done yet as magic began to gather between his horns and let loose a beam of magic that struck Burst dead-on! Tirek smirked down at the smoking body of Burst Stream, but his smirk soon faded as Burst Stream slowly propped himself up with his sword! "Impossible! How can you still stand from that much punishment?!"

"It's hard to knock me down. . . " Burst Stream panted as he forced himself into a fighting stance! Gripping his sword with both his hands! "It's even harder to keep me down!" And at hearing these words, Tirek's eyes narrowed.

"Those words. I only heard them once before." Tirek snarled as he stomped towards Burst Stream! "From the one who cast me into Tartarus with a kick to my face. And now that I look at you, I see him in you. Those eyes. Those accursed, defiant eyes! I'm surprised I did not piece things together from your very name! You are the son of that wretched god Aether!"

"Like father. . . like son." Burst Stream said with a defiant smirk.

"Oh. . . this is good! Very good indeed!" Tirek said with a sneer. "The fact you have his blood in your veins gives me reason enough to end your existence. But no, that would not sate my vengeance! To see the look on your blasted father's face when he sees you broken and battered before him, and then condemn him and whatever wench he sired you with to the same imprisonment I endured for so long, THAT will be my ultimate vengeance! AND I SHALL HAVE IT NOW!"

Tirek let out another massive stomp, but Burst Stream managed to steady him self by plunging his sword into the floor! When Tirek noticed that his stomp didn't successfully disorient Burst Stream, he decided to get more hands-on. With his fists. Tirek's punches were fast, and devastating. When Burst raised his sword to block the incoming fist, the force of the impact almost made Burst Stream fall to one of his knees! But despite the relentless string of blows, Burst Stream refused to give in! The defiant glare he aimed at Tirek only solidified this!

Tirek knew that Burst Stream refused to surrender. And that fact only made him enjoy every punch he sent Burst's way! If he went full-force, it would be over in no time. He wanted Burst Stream to suffer, and seeing him gradually weaken after each violent strike gave him exactly what he wanted.

"IT'S OVER!" Tirek bellowed as he pulled back one of his fists, and watched as Burst Stream braced himself against the impact! Burst Stream was watching the wrong fist as Tirek delivered a brutal strike to Burst Stream's gut with his left fist! And while Burst Stream was winded, he hadn't dropped his guard due to the shock of the blow! A fact Tirek capitalized on. "FALL!"

And Tirek brought his right fist down hard! Making the blade of Burst Stream's sword shatter and slamming Burst himself hard into the floor! Tirek sneered down at Burst Stream's fallen form, but frowned as he saw Burst Stream aim one of his blasters.

"Has the pain driven you mad?" Tirek asked as he snatched the blaster from Burst's hand, and crushed it! "Why do you still continue to stand despite all the punishment you've been dealt?"

"What happens to me doesn't matter." Burst Stream groaned as he raised himself up enough to glare Tirek right in the eye! "Because I don't fight for myself. Someone like you will never understand that. That's why you lost in the first place."

"So you say that you don't matter." Tirek said with a snort. He then noticed the tearful look in Celestia's eyes, and sneered. "But I'm willing to bet they do." Tirek brushed Burst Stream to the side, and opened the portal to Tartarus before grabbing the princesses with his magic! He noticed the horrified look in Burst Stream's eyes, and sneered as he cast the princesses into his former prison. "Give Cerberus my regards." And with that, he began to leave. Handing Discord an amulet before noticing the stained glass window depicting Twilight Sparkle's ascension. "There's a FOURTH princess?! Why did you not tell me Discord?! Who is she?! Where is her castle?!"

"A castle? Oh please!" Discord said with a roll of his eyes as he played around with his new amulet. "Twilight Sparkle lives in a library in Unityville."

"Not for long. . . " Tirek said with a sinister smile as he and Discord made their way to Unityville.

Back in the throne room, Burst Stream was on his knees. He'd just watched his first love get thrown into Tartarus. He'd just gotten the living daylights beaten out of him. And right now, he really wanted to scream in anguish. But his body wouldn't let him. The beating he'd received wouldn't let him cry out his sorrow. Right now, he felt just as broken and crushed as most of his weapons were at this point. However, another was not willing to let Burst Stream fall apart.

"Is this really how you're going to let it end?" A familiar voice said from Burst Stream's sword. "Especially when you still have a chance to turn things around?" And the dragon spirit that resided within Burst Stream's sword materialized before the beaten Element of Power. "True. You have been beaten, and battered. But Tirek will only have truly claimed victory over you when you break. And right now, you are dangerously teetering on that breaking point."

". . . How?" Burst Stream asked weakly as he raised his head to lock eyes with the dragon spirit. "How am I going to turn this around? Just what do you know that can turn the tide?"

"It concerns that seal you have on your magic." The dragon spirit answered. "And it also requires myself for this to work. Accept the contract I offer you, and you shall inherit my power. And my spirit will pass on to where my friend has recently ascended to. He made a similar offer to your best friend. Do this, and you shall have a strength like never before."

". . . No." Burst Stream said sternly. "I don't want any of your power, so you can toss out whatever contract you've written up. If I take this power, even if it can grant me the power to defeat Tirek, it would make me just as bad as he is by taking the power of another. Power that I didn't earn, or train to develop. That's something I refuse to do. I'll break the seal on my magic, but that's all I'll do! Maybe I'll still lose, but I'll lose fighting with all that I have!"

Silence reigned over the throne room for a full minute. Burst Stream and the dragon spirit staring at each other for what seemed like forever. Both having firm expressions as they were locked in their stare-down. Then, the dragon spirit's firm expression cracked as he smiled. And the silence was broken not long after.

"AH HA HA HA HA! CONGRATULATIONS BURST STREAM!" The dragon spirit howled in laughter! "You've passed my test! I knew that from when we first headed into battle that you were the one I was waiting for, but I had to be sure! And now, I can say that my expectations were met and then exceeded by you!"

". . . Test?" Burst Stream asked in shock. "What're you talking about?"

"Ever since I was bound to that sword, I've been waiting to find someone worthy to bestow my power upon. Your father was a suitable candidate, but he was more than satisfied by being an Avatar. As for why I have been so hesitant to give my power to just anyone, it is because of who I am. I am Bahamut. The first, and only, king of dragons."

"So just what makes me worthy?" Burst Stream asked.

"Because despite being the Element of Power, you do not desire power at all. Rather, you wish to fight to protect all you care about with all the power you have." Bahamut answered. "And furthermore, you are more than willing to give your own life for the sake of others. One of the greatest powers a hero possess: sacrifice. Know that passing down my power to you is NOTHING like how Tirek stole the magic of others. While he took from others by force, what I offer you freely and it shall be made your own. Now, do you accept this inheritance?" Burst Stream steeled his gaze, and nodded in response. "Then rise, Burst Stream, and break your seal. Hold the remains of your weapons close as well. For when you inherit my power, you can channel it to reforge them into something stronger than either was alone!"

Burst Stream rose to his feet, and placed a hand on his chest. In a flash of light, the seal on his magic broke! The cracks that had now mended returning, but not before the spirit of Bahamut surged into Burst Stream! Encasing him in a sphere of blue energy that crackled with lightning! A bright light engulfed the entire room, and soon faded. When the light died down, Burst Stream landed on his feet and standing tall. It looked as if the inheritance of Bahamut's power only further accelerated Burst's countdown as the cracks seemed to pulse as energy crackled around Burst Stream's body! But the only parts of him that didn't look like they were falling apart were the pair of white dragon wings on Burst Stream's back.

"I feel like I'm going to fall to pieces. But there's only one thing that's making me push out the pain." Burst Stream said as he walked out of the throne room. "And that's the thought of me being in a world without the people I care about. Tirek. I hope you realize just how big of a mistake you made. I told you that I didn't care what you did to me. But since you decided to go after my friends," Burst Stream raised his new weapon in front of him, and pressed the activation button. A brilliant blade of blue light shot out from what looked like the mouth of a a dragon! "You just woke the sleeping dragon. . . "

TO BE CONTINUED!

Author's Note:

It's done. It took forever to plan, and even longer to plot out the dialogue and fight scene, but it's finally done!

PreviousChapters Next