• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 593 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 593

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 33: "Rekindled"

Burst Stream let out a slight groan of discomfort as a ray of sunlight crept through his bedroom's window. Cracking one of his eyes open, the Element of Power surveyed his surroundings. He couldn't help but smile when he saw Nightmare Moon holding onto him tightly and pressing her body against his before looking at the cracks on his body that displayed his unstable magic tearing him apart from the inside out.

'There's no telling how much time I have left.' Burst Stream thought to himself before looking back at Nightmare Moon's sleeping form. 'That's probably why she's been holding onto me so tightly. She doesn't want to let go of me in whatever moments we have left together. I guess that also part of why I don't want to get up. But. . . ' Burst sighed as he stared at the ceiling with a determined gaze.

'There's something important that I want to do before I'm gone. And it's the only item on my bucket list that's actually worth doing. Maybe it's something stupid or someone might think it pointless, but that doesn't matter. To me, if I don't do this, I'm going to leave this world with a regret that I can't bear having on my heart.' Slowly, Burst Stream rose from his bed and commenced his morning routine. Before long, he was clad in his typical outfit of blue jeans, sneakers, a t-shirt, and the white coat his mother had made for him.

Burst then set to work getting breakfast, but noticed a slight abnormality. Namely that Nightmare Moon wasn't up yet or sneaking up on him while he was cooking. As soon as he'd finished preparing breakfast, he took a plate of food back to his bedroom.

"I was wondering when you'd be done." Nightmare Moon greeted with a stretch as she noticed Burst Stream's confused expression. A playful smile crept across the Princess of Dreams' lips. "What's wrong? You've always said that you wanted to serve me breakfast in bed, so I decided to let you spoil me for a bit."

"Well, if my princess wishes to be pampered, who am I to deny her that?" Burst Stream said with a chuckle as he grabbed a serving tray and handed it to Nightmare Moon before setting her food on it. "I'll be heading to Castalot today Moon. There's some important business that I need to take care of."

"I have a fairly good idea of what this business is." Nightmare Moon said with a knowing smile. "Or rather who this business is."

"You really do know me inside and out, don't you?" Burst Stream asked with a small smile.

"I wouldn't be much of a good girlfriend if I didn't know what makes my boyfriend tick." Nightmare Moon said with a loving smile. "You don't need to explain why you're doing it. I know the reason why each time I see your dreams. If this is really the only thing you need to do so that you've no regrets left, I see no reason to stop you."

"You know, I think I'm the one who lucked out when you came into my life." Burst Stream said with a warm smile as he kissed Nightmare Moon goodbye. But before he left, Burst came to a realization. "You know, I never really got to thank you after all this time."

"For what?" Nightmare Moon asked. "If anything, I owe you thanks for giving me a new life and you becoming a part of it. What could you possibly have to thank me for?"

"Well, it's pretty obvious." Burst Stream said with a chuckle. "If it weren't for you Moon, I'd have never met her in the first place. So I guess if it weren't for you, who knows how things might have played out? But all that really matters is what's going on right now. Even with what's going on with me, I wouldn't change it for the world. And ultimately, you're one of the two people who are the core reason for me being who I am."

"Who would've thought that my greatest mistake would lead me to finding the best thing that ever happened to me." Nightmare Moon said with a sad smile as she watched Burst Stream leave. Putting a hand over her heart and closing her eyes. "If not in my arms, then I'll hold you forever in my heart."

As if he could hear Nightmare Moon's words, Burst Stream smiled as he boarded the train. 'It's funny. My love life is like something like a twist on a story. A heroic dragon who protects a princess, and a hero who tries to save a dark princess from her own loneliness and past. I guess that's what makes a story like mine all the more interesting to read. Maybe I already know that my story's going to end. But I'm not going to let things unfold on their own. I'm going to write my own ending! If I go out, I go out on my own terms!'

With his resolve solidified, Burst Stream shut his eyes as the train began to move towards Castalot. Reflecting on the events of his life and the recent circumstances that had recently unfolded. He didn't have much time to reflect as the train seemed to arrive at Castalot Station quicker than usual.

"Maybe it's a sign from Faust." Burst Stream thought to himself out-loud as he got up from his seat and started walking towards Castalot Castle. As he arrived at the gates, the guards immediately opened up. Given how many times Burst had shown up, the guards had grown accustomed to quickly allowing him entrance. They knew that whenever it was just him, it was usually to see Princess Celestia. And sure enough, Burst found himself at the doors of the throne room. Knocking on the door to announce his presence.

"Come in." Celestia said as she sat herself back on her throne. She had just finished up with her court and was about to take her lunch break when she heard a knocking on the door. Celestia was never one to put herself before her subjects, so she decided to listen to her unexpected visitor. Needless to say, the face of said visitor was a pleasant surprise for the sun goddess. "Burst Stream! I. . . I wasn't expecting a visit from you. But it's very good to see you once more. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Kinda." Burst said with a smile and a shrug. "I was just wondering. . . would you like to grab a bite to eat with me? I had a really light breakfast today."

"Funny." Celestia said with a small smile. "I was about to grab lunch myself, and I could use some fresh air from being cooped up here for most of the morning."

"Yeah. That sounds great." Burst said with a nod. "Especially considering I just got off the train to here not too long ago." The pair set off to grab some food from the kitchens and went to the royal gardens to enjoy their meal.

"So how have things been going in Unityville?" Celestia asked as she took a bite from her sandwich. "You and your friends must be enjoying the peace since all the Chaos Kin were eliminated."

"Well, Applejack and Magnet North finally decide to be an official couple a bit before Grand Jupiter showed up." Burst Stream said as he took a swig from his drink. "Plus, Twilight's got a potential boyfriend living with her at the moment."

"So that explains why Cadence was screaming at me on the phone a couple weeks ago." Celestia said with a nod. "She was practically screaming that Twilight had become one half of an adorkable couple. In fact, Cadence has told me that most of your friends have found matches that are perfect for them. She even said the only match more made for each other was you and m-" Celestia put a hand over her mouth as she caught herself. ". . . Moon! You and Nightmare Moon!"

". . . Celestia? Please don't try to hide what you meant to say." Burst Stream said calmly before taking a bite of his own sandwich. "You were going to say 'me', weren't you?"

"Why does that matter?" Celestia asked as she cast her eyes towards the ground. Gripping her dress as she did so. "We're not dating anymore."

"No. It does matter." Burst Stream said with a sigh. "Celestia. Were you happy when you saw me today? Did you enjoy talking with me?"

". . . Yes." Celestia said as she loosened her grip. "In all honesty, seeing you again made my heart throb."

"Well that's great!" Burst Stream said with a bright smile. Celestia snapping her head towards Burst's direction as he continued. "The only item I really wanted to complete on my bucket list was to make you happy one last time. Now that I've done that, I don't have any regrets."

". . . Why?" Celestia asked as her entire body began to tremble. "Why?"

"Celestia?" Burst Stream asked. "What's wrong? I thought you were happy to see me again."

"That's just it!" Celestia cried out! "Why do you even want to make me happy?! How can you say that you WANT to see me happy after what happened to us?! I-I just don't understand how you can do this!"

"How I can do what?!" Burst Stream panicked! "What are you talking about?!"

"How you can keep coming back to me after I've hurt you so badly!" Celestia cried as her eyes began to get misty! "When Shining Dawn threatened to march his golem army onto Castalot, he threatened to strike at Unityville! He said that he knew you would try and oppose him, and that he would order them to eliminate you specifically! Shining Dawn said that if I broke things off with you, he'd let you live! And I did as he asked! I broke up with you because I couldn't bear to lose you so soon! But I nearly lost you in a much worse way when you came to stop the forced wedding! You nearly died because of me! But all that paled in comparison to how I hurt you. I could see your heart break when I told you I was ending things between us. And it hurt me more than you could ever know. I didn't believe that you could handle Shining Dawn's threat, and I didn't try to tell you what was wrong when we could have so easily fixed things together!"

"Celestia, I can't blame you for what you did." Burst Stream said. His tone heavy with sympathy. "You had your subjects to think of. This isn't the first time you've had to make a tough call with someone who holds a large place in your heart."

"That's the problem!" Celestia snapped! "Those are the people I've hurt the worst! And I'm so stupidly blind to it before I realize what I've done! I neglected Luna and that forced me to banish her for a thousand years! I was so ignorant of Sunset Shimmer's bad habits that I didn't see how bad she had become until she started acting horrible when she didn't get what she wanted! And when Twilight tried to warn us of Queen Chrysalis, I dismissed her so easily! And now? I have to add you to the list. The boy who promised to save my sister and do everything he could to make me smile. Maybe it's for the best that I don't have a special someone."

". . . You're wrong." Burst Stream said with a firm tone. "If anyone deserves someone to love them, I can't think of anyone more deserving than you! You're one of the kindest, most benevolent people I know! You love your subjects and always have their welfare on your mind! Everyone that you hold close, you treat like family and you accept them flaws and all! Maybe you have made mistakes, but that's good! You might be a goddess, but those mistakes you've made make you incredibly human! It shows that you've learned and grown from them! And to top it all off, you have the most beautiful heart that I've ever seen! Whenever I see or think of you, you just seem to radiate warmth and love! That's why I fell in love with you! And it's why I'm here now! Because I don't want you to lose that real smile of yours! I'd never forgive myself if I left this world without making you smile one last time!"

"You still care about me so much despite the pain I put you through." Celestia said as tears threatened to burst forth. "Why?"

"I could so easily tell you. But I'm not the one you need to hear this from." Burst Stream said with a sad smile. "But let me ask you this: Does it make you happy knowing that I still care so much about you?"

"Yes." Celestia said with a smile as tears began to fall from her eyes. "More than you'll ever know."

"Then I can go home happy." Burst Stream said as he hugged Celestia. "Even when I'm gone, I'll always be your dragon knight. I don't know if there's going to be anything left when I go off, so I'd rather say goodbye now while there's still something of me here."

"Then. . . goodbye Burst." Celestia said as she tightened her hold around Burst Stream for a moment before releasing him. "Thank you for this time."

Burst just smiled as he left. A feeling of inner satisfaction and peace streaming through his entire being as he boarded the train back home.

Meanwhile, Aether was in his study. Rummaging through book after book until he came across what he was looking for. "Yes. Yes! YES! I can save him! I can save Burst! My boy will live!"

However, as Aether celebrated finding a way to save Burst, a dark figure from Aether's past stumbled around the alleys of Manehattan.

"Reduced to this decrepit state. . . " The figure hissed. "That damned Aether! Right when I was so close to obtaining the magic of the gods themselves! Only to be thwarted by that accursed hero and my own brother and left to rot in Tartarus for all those many years! But now? Now I am free. And I shall reclaim what I was denied! Mark my words Aether! Lord Tirek shall have retribution for your deeds. . ."

Author's Note:

Well everyone, we're here. It's been a crazy ride this season, and we're at the last leg of the journey. It's been great having you all here. And I hope you all enjoy what's coming next.

PreviousChapters Next