• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 584 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 584

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 23: The Problem with Breezies

Excitement. Sheer, unbridled excitement was a sight Tyrannus Rex rarely saw in Fluttershy. But when he did see it, he would almost mistake her for Pinkie Pie with all the energy she seemed to exude if not for one key difference: Pinkie Pie had parties, Fluttershy had animals. And judging by how Fluttershy was dashing about the cottage, said animals that excited her at the moment must be pretty adorable. In fact, it was something not even the Main Six had seen before when Fluttershy hurried them along to join her!

"You sure seem excited Fluttershy.", Twilight said with a smile. "Care to tell us what's got you in such a mood?"

"Yeah.", Rainbow Dash nodded. "Normally you're so meek, timid, and quiet. But today you've got the level of energy I thought only Pinkie Pie could generate."

"I'm so glad you asked!", Fluttershy squealed with joy! "I was asked by the Unity Wildlife Observation to observe the tiniest, most adorable creatures on the face of Unity! The Breezies!" Sure enough, the group arrived at the designated observation sight. But something was a bit off once the Breezies flew into view. Normally a colony such as this was moving in harmony and flowed smoothly. However, this group of Breezies seemed to be straining to fly in one direction as a majority of the cloud seemed to be buzzing off in another direction!

"That's, a bit concerning." Twilight mentioned as she watched the cloud of Breezies struggle with itself! "It's like the whole colony's trying to hold itself together and split apart at the same time!"

Sure enough, the tension gave way and a lone Breezie, presumably the leader, seemed to be cast out of the entire colony! Buzzing angrily at her fellow Breezies and ordering them to get back in formation! But the rest of the Breezies refused to do so!

"I'll handle this." Fluttershy said as she stepped forward and knelt down to speak to the Breezie leader. "Hello there. Are you having some trouble with your friends up there?" To Fluttershy's surprise, the leader was able to understand her and spoke her language. "Well, flying all the way to a new home must be very exhausting. Why don't you all stay at my cottage for a night? That way you'll all be able to fly fully rested to your new home tomorrow?" The lead Breezie buzzed excitedly, and alerted the rest of her group to the good news! But while Fluttershy was all too happy about the arrangement, Tyrannus was a bit unsure of it.

"Fluttershy? Are you sure you're making the right call?" Tyrannus asked hesitantly. "I knew these aren't Parasprites we're dealing with. But who's to say the lead Breezie wasn't being bossy without good reason?"

"There's no need to worry Ty." Fluttershy said with a calm smile. "I know just how to handle this." Within a few minutes, the Breezies had taken up temporary residence in Fluttershy's cottage and were buzzing excitedly as they settled down and sprawled their tiny bodies on wherever they saw as a good place to lie down.

"Aw, the poor dears must be so tired after such a long journey." Fluttershy cooed as she set to work preparing a meal for her numerous tiny guests. "Ty? Would you be a dear and help me prepare something for the Breezies to eat?"

"No problem Fluttershy." Tyrannus said with a nod. He then looked back over to the Breezies that had settled in the living room. "Well, at least these creatures don't eat everything in sight."

"It'll be alright Ty." Fluttershy said as she pat Tyrannus on the back with one of her wings. "You won't see them around the house for more than a day. I promise. For now let's just focus on making sure that the Breezies enjoy their stay."

One night came and went as the Celestia's sun rose the next morning. Fluttershy let out an adorable yawn as she stretched her arms and wings before giving Tyrannus an affectionate nuzzle as she slipped out of bed and got dressed. Upon reaching the living room, Fluttershy saw all the Breezies flying about. The lead Breezie buzzing about in a frustrated manner!

"Good morning everyone." Fluttershy said with a smile. "I'm glad to see that you're all well-rested. It was lovely having you all over, but I'm afraid this is the end of your stay here." With the exception of their leader, the Breezies refused to leave! "I know that you've enjoyed your time here, but you can't stay here forever."

And then, the Breezies went and pulled the ultimate persuasive tactic: The Sad Eyes. And they turned it on Fluttershy without any hesitation. It was enough to make Tyrannus panic right there and now since he knew it was the biggest weakness Fluttershy had! But to the Element of Tolerance's surprise, Fluttershy wasn't even fazed in the slightest.

"I'm sorry, but you all have your own home to go to." Fluttershy said calmly but with an air of firmness to it. She then had the lead Breezie land in her hand. "I know it's not nice listening to someone who doesn't tell you what to do nicely all the time, but that doesn't mean they don't care about you any less. Don't you have anyone who might miss you at your new home?"

The Breezies chattered among themselves for a moment before collectively buzzing towards the door and motioning for their leader to follow them. Fluttershy smiled as she watched them leave, and her heart skipped a beat when they offered for her to follow them to their new home. An offer that the Element of Kindness eagerly accepted. Upon her return to the cottage, Fluttershy carried back a flower that was given to her as a gift by the Breezies. The sight greeting her being an utterly awestruck Tyrannus Rex.

"Ty?" Fluttershy asked with concern for her boyfriend. "What's wrong?"

"I. . . I just don't believe it!" Tyrannus blurted out! "You usually give in to the sad eyes trick so easily when it comes from any adorable creature! How did you say no to them?!"

"Oh. It was easy." Fluttershy said with a shrug. "Real kindness isn't just being nice to others. It's also about considering the feelings of others and how the ones who aren't being kind are feeling. In the Breezies' case, their leader wasn't asking nicely enough. So I just gave her some advice on being assertive without sounding bossy. Easy!"

"Of course," Fluttershy flew up to Tyrannus and kissed him! "I had a great teacher." She couldn't help but gush at the sight of Tyrannus blushing! "And you're a lot cuter than the Breezies. To me at least."

". . . That's alright with me." Tyrannus said with a goofy grin as he hugged Fluttershy tightly.

PreviousChapters Next