• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 584 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 584

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 1: Princess Nightmare Moon

Night had fallen over Castalot. And Burst Stream was sitting to Celestia's right. Good thing she invited me and Moon. At least she's trying to move on from the past. I honestly pictured things being a lot more intense. Burst thought to himself as he ate. He then noticed the death glare Luna was giving Nightmare Moon. Then again, maybe it's not my ex that I have to worry about. . .

"I'm glad that all of you could make it." Celestia said with a warm smile. "It's so rare that all the people who mean so much in my life are all in one place at the same time."

Luna scoffed. "You forgot to mention there's one person at this table who doesn't belong." She muttered. Celestia shot a small glare in Luna's direction. "Oh please Tia! You don't mean to tell me you willingly invited her!" Luna pointed at Nightmare Moon for emphasis. "How are you okay with her claiming your lover while she's fully aware he's trying to win you back?!"

"Luna! Enough!" Celestia declared. "You are right to bear animosity towards Nightmare Moon. I myself would be lying if I said I didn't have any ill will towards her. Although any I had has diminished greatly as of her recent actions. But I expected Blueblood to have a more horrid behavior than what you're displaying."

"Nice to finally see I'm getting more credit." Blueblood muttered to himself before looking at Nightmare Moon with a sly smile. "I must say, Nightmare Moon, you're certainly turning your image around. Though if you really want the public's approval, I believe we can work on a proposal together. We'd make a good power couple."

". . . May I be excused? I've just lost my appetite." Nightmare Moon said plainly as she got up to leave. "As if I'd ever consider being with a royal disgrace like you. From what I've heard about how you treated my good friend Rarity at the gala, you're lucky I haven't tormented you with nightmares every night. How has Celestia not cut you off yet Bluebrat?"

"Besides. . . " She then put one of her wings around Burst Stream. "I'm already coupled with power."

Blueblood was utterly shocked! "How DARE you?! What right do you, a fallen princess, have to call me a disgrace?!"

"Plenty of right I'd say." Celestia said with a sage nod as she observed Blueblood's behavior. "And she brings up a valid point dear nephew." Blueblood froze when he heard this. "You could stand to grow up a bit. So expect to be displaced from your mansion soon enough." Celestia couldn't help but smile as the spoiled prince shrink back down into his seat.

"Well. This is certainly the most exciting dinner I've been to." Twilight noted as she watched the scene unfold. She then decided to pose a question. "So if you revoke Blueblood's title, can I take it and become a princess since I'm an avatar like all of you?"

"Welcome to the Immortals Club Twilight Sparkle." Nightmare Moon said with a smile. "But you still need something to be a princess of. The Sun. The Moon. Love. I'd say books for you, but that's too obvious. Your home would already be your castle considering you live in a library." She then looked at Luna. "But what would I know? I'm just a fallen princess trying to do right by her second chance. All the same, I'll be leaving now. Whether I'm wanted or not."

Nightmare Moon whispered to Burst before she left. "Make sure you take the shot I'm giving you. It's a lovely night to talk to the sun princess." And with that, she teleported back to Burst's house.

"Soo. . . " Burst said nervously. "What's for dessert?" It was safe to say that dinner had ended. Burst taking the chance to talk to Celestia in the hallways of the castle. "Well, that was an eventful dinner huh?"

Celestia let out a small laugh. "It sure beats having a normal, quiet, lonely meal. That, and putting Blueblood in his place is always fun. I really am considering cutting him off though. Especially since making a pass at your girlfriend."

"I'm happy that you're so accepting of Moon and I being a couple." Burst said with a small smile as he inched closer to Celestia. "But I can't help but ask why."

"I guess you could say. . . it's my way of repaying her." Celestia said as she looked at the moon. "True. Her actions did lead to Luna and I being separated for so long. But because of her, I was able to see what I had done wrong and work to right my own mistakes.And in a way, it's thanks to her I met you and Twilight. My student who's realized her destiny. And you who just wanted to see my real smile. So after all she's been through, how much she's wanted to change, why would I have any right to deny her some small amount of happiness? Besides that, it wouldn't be right of me to try and keep you for myself. Especially after what Shining Dawn did to us."

They're more alike than I thought. Burst Stream thought as he locked eyes with Celestia. Both of them just want me to be happy. Even if it means one of them can't have me. "Celestia. . . "

"Oh. Sorry." Celestia said with a slight blush. "Anyway, how are the two of you faring in your relationship?"

Burst blushed a little. "Well, Moon's very affectionate. I wake up almost every morning with my head against her chest and she's nuzzling against me. And whenever she gets the chance, she swipes a kiss from me. Last but not least, she's incredibly intimate with me. But ultimately? I kind of like that about her. The way I see it, she doesn't want to hold back how she feels or how much she loves me. It's sweet when I think about it."

"I'm a little jealous of her in that case." Celestia said as he cheeks reddened. "I'd be lying if I said the thought of waking up next to you wouldn't interest me."

"I'd probably be clinging to you as you raised the sun." Burst joked. "You know? It's weird. We're not a couple any more, but here we are. Talking so easily." The look in his eyes saddened as he came to a realization. "It's almost like we never split to begin with, isn't it?"

"Yes." Celestia said as she reached her hand out towards Burst. "It really does. . . "

Burst reached his hand out too. To summon his Duelist Arm and shoot down what looked like a monstrous plant coming right for him and Celestia! "I'm guessing you've got a recent weed problem?"

"Never with any like these!" Celestia answered as her wings flared out and she powered up her magic! But before they could even lift a finger against the vines, a whole bunch of plundervines shot out from the shadows! Absorbing whatever magic the two sent out before overwhelming by spraying sleeping gas in their faces!

The next day, Nightmare Moon was uneasy as she awakened. Burst Stream hadn't returned last night. And sounds of panic were heard coming from outside! "What on earth?!" Moon threw the door open, and her eyes were wide. The sky was split between day and night. Both the sun and moon were in the sky! "Something's wrong. Very wrong." She then noticed some Skyborn royal guards approaching her. Telling her that she needed to come to Castalot and meet with Twilight Sparkle immediately. Not wanting to waste time, Nightmare Moon summoned her cloths with her magic and flew off for Castalot Castle immediately.

"I saw what was happening with the sky." Moon said as she met Twilight in the throne room. "And I also caught sight of what looked like clouds from the Everfree Forest rolling in. What's going on Twilight?"

"From what the guards told me, Princesses Celestia and Luna have disappeared. And the Everfree Forest is, well, invading!" Twilight answered. "And I don't know why this is happening! All this chaos just of nowhere. . . " She then had an idea of who might be responsible. "Actually? I think I know the culprit behind this mess. But we'd better hurry back to Unityville!" The two avatars teleported back to the town, and saw their friends fighting off an onslaught of strange vines and clouds!

Fortunately, they managed to push back the threat for the moment. However, they had yet to end it. Precisely why Twilight Sparkle had rushed into her library and whipped out the Elements of Harmony. She and the Main 6 channeling a spell to summon Discord to them. Said chaos spirit being in the middle of a shower.

"Oh! Well this is certainly unflattering!" Discord said in his usual random tone. And in a flash, he was in his usual mixed up outfit. "Now then. To what do I owe the social call?" He then saw the chaos all around town. "Oh. That would do it, huh? Well, easy fix!" Discord snapped his fingers. Nothing happened. "Hmmm. Odd. That should've fixed things easily."

Discord attempted to undo the chaos again. And once more, his chaos had no affect. "Oh. Um, it appears that this has grown beyond my power."

"WHAT?!" Everyone screamed! Nobody could believe this! Not even the spirit of chaos could get rid of these vines! Fortunately for them, Zecora had fled from the Everfree Forest with a potion on her. One that would let them peer into the past. All that was needed to activate was a good zap of avatar magic. Twilight easily completed the potion, and drank it down. Events involving Celestia, Luna, and the Elements of Harmony played in Twilight's mind. And it all clicked in her mind.

"I know what to do!" Twilight exclaimed. "Girls. I need to take the Elements of Harmony. There's somewhere they need to be taken." The rest of the Main 6 nodded, and handed Twilight the Elements of Harmony. Only for Nightmare Moon to take them instead. "Moon?! What are you doing?! Don't tell me you're going into the forest alone!"

"I am." Nightmare Moon said with a nod. "Chances are that's where Celestia, Luna, and Burst are being held. So that's where I'm going. Don't try to stop me."

"I won't." Twilight said with a sigh. "But you can't go on your own! What can you do by yourself?!"

"Hmmm. You're right. What can I do by myself?" Before Twilight could answer, Nightmare Moon hit her with a sleeping spell. "There's that for starters. But it wasn't like you weren't planning on going in alone too, right? You're still to impulsive Twilight. Besides, too many people would miss you." Not like me though. . . And with that, Nightmare Moon headed into the Everfree Forest. Cutting down any of the vines that tried to grab her with her sword!

"The vines are getting more numerous the further in I go." Nightmare Moon noted as she continued forward. Sure enough she reached her destination. The Tree of Harmony. And from the way the plundervines were choking it, the tree looked like it was dying. But what really caught Nightmare Moon's interest were the three masses covered in vines. "There you all are."

But the second she got close, many vines slithered their way in front of the prisons of the princesses and Burst Stream! The vines began to writhe and twist as they took form. In specific, they formed vine copies of Celestia, Luna, and Nightmare Moon herself.

"I should've figured this wouldn't be easy." Nightmare Moon said as she readied her sword. One hand hovering protectively over the Elements of Harmony in her bag. "I'm guessing you three don't want me getting past you."

"Why do you waste your time like this?!" The Luna copy spat as it charged at her! Striking with a whip-like arm barbed with painful thorns! Nightmare Moon wincing as he sword only partially blocking the lash! "Do you really think this will change anything?!"

The Celestia copy was next. Its arms ending in massive fists made even more brutal by the thorns dotting them! "What are you hoping to accomplish?" It asked coldly as it slammed its fist down! Nightmare Moon taking flight to avoid getting hit! "Are you hoping to gain their love? Their respect? What makes you think you deserve any of it?"

Nightmare Moon paid no mind to the copies' words as she flew towards the Tree of Harmony! Only for the Luna copy to ensnare her leg and drag her down! The Celestia copy leaping upon her and trying to pin her to the ground!

"Get off me!" Nightmare Moon screamed as she hacked apart the vine copies! Watching them fall to the ground, but growing frustrated as they began to reform and combine. This left her vulnerable to an attack from her own plundervine copy striking her with a lance-like thorn that served as her right arm! "AGH!"

"Do you think they'll forgive you?" Her copy asked with a cruel smile as she gestured to the masses that held Burst and the princesses. "Do you think they're worth this pain? Can you honestly say that the world will miss you if you fall here and remain trapped forever?" She then gripped Moon by her hair, and raised Moon's head so she could see the vines holding the princesses and Burst untangle to reveal them.

". . . " Nightmare Moon was silent as she looked at the three significant figures of her life, and lowered her head. The copies expected tears to flow from her eyes. But instead, they could hear her laughing. "Heh. Heh heh! HA HA HA!"

"What's so funny?!" Moon's copy demanded.

"I don't need the world to care about me." Nightmare Moon said with a smile. "Because those three are my world. Without them, we wouldn't even be talking right now. You weren't wrong when you said some of them wouldn't care about me. But I care about them. And in the end. . . "

A burst of magic exploded from Nightmare Moon! Her eyes glowing white as power surged through her entire being! "ALL I WANT IS FOR THEM TO KNOW THAT!" She then levitated the Elements of Harmony with her magic.

"Maybe all of them won't forgive me." Moon said as she slotted each of the elements back into their respective places on the tree. "But it was never about them. It was to see if I could forgive myself and grow past who I was. I wanted Luna to have what Celestia had. But that's something that can only be earned. A right both she and Celestia have earned. A right that I may never have. But I'd rather be eternally known as a fallen princess who tried to better herself than a false ruler with no right to be followed!"

"WAIT! PLEASE!" Nightmare Moon's copy pleaded as Nightmare Moon slowly inched the Element of Magic to the center of the tree! "You wouldn't be so cruel to deny us another chance, would you?! We share the same face! Could you really just let yourself down like this?!"

"You're forgetting a very important fact." Nightmare Moon said as she glared coldly at her copy. "You're not me." And she slammed the Element of Magic into the Tree of Harmony! Restoring it to its full glory and eradicating the plundervines instantly! As the vines disintegrated, Nightmare Moon smiled as she saw Celestia, Luna, and Burst released from their vine prisons. "Welcome back."

"My hero." Burst said with a smile as he hugged Nightmare Moon tightly. "I know it probably doesn't mean much coming from me, but I forgive you."

"Coming from you?" Nightmare Moon said as she tightened her embrace around Burst Stream. "It means more than you could ever know."

Celestia watched the two embracing. She too had heard Nightmare Moon's words. And upon listening closely to them, she made a decision. You aren't a fallen princess. Not anymore. I wonder if Rarity still has her measurements on file. . .

A few days passed after the Tree of Harmony was restored. Nightmare Moon was relaxing with Burst Stream. The two of them simply laying down together when Burst's phone rang.

"Hello?" Burst greeted as he answered the phone. "Oh. Celestia. Yeah I can talk. What? Moon's right next to me, why do you ask? Really? Okay. Got it. We'll be right over."

"What was that about?" Nightmare Moon asked with a raised eyebrow. Curious as to why the solar princess had dialed Burst Stream. "You didn't patch things up with her that quickly did you?"

"No. But Celestia wants to see you. And she wanted me to come with you. Best not keep royalty waiting." Burst said with a shrug. You want to fly there Moon? Or should I get some train tickets?"

"Let's do this the instant way." Nightmare Moon said as she stood up. "Stay close to me."

"Couldn't leave you if I tried Moon." Burst said with a loving smile as he held onto her. The two teleporting off to Castalot in a flash! As soon as they arrived, Rarity rushed up to Moon and dragged her off. "I guess I'll see you at the balcony. That's where Celestia wants to see you." And with that, Burst Stream headed off.

Nightmare Moon was confused. First Celestia calls and says she wants to see me. Then Rarity here is pushing me to a dressing room because there's a garment Celestia really wants me to wear. What's going on? Sure enough, Nightmare Moon found herself in a new outfit. The dress was dark blue with a silver moon necklace. The moon was a crescent and curved around a gem that looked like Moon's eyes. Silvery bracelets were on Nightmare Moon's lower arms. With how elegant and beautiful the dress looked, Moon saw her new outfit resembled Celestia's usual princess attire. Not like I deserve to be called one though. . .

As soon as she was dressed, Nightmare Moon made her way over towards the iconic balcony where Celestia was often depicted standing majestic. Watching over her kingdom like the beloved ruler she was. And oddly enough, it seemed that Celestia was quite happy to see her. A sight Nightmare Moon thought only possible in her dreams.

"Come with me Moon." Celestia said warmly. "There's something special that I'd like to show you." Hesitantly, Nightmare Moon followed Celestia outside. And the sight that greeted her was astounding. Below her were people from all across Unity. All of them gathered here for one reason. But what? "We've kept them waiting long enough."

"CITIZENS OF UNITY." Celestia addressed the crowd. "AS YOU ALL KNOW, NIGHTMARE MOON NOW LIVES AMONG US. AND DURING HER RETURN, SHE HAS TIME AND AGAIN FOUGHT AGAINST THE IMAGE OF HER THAT HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR YEARS. TO BETTER HERSELF AND PROVE SHE IS MORE THAN SHE USED TO BE. SHE HAS BEEN DUBBED A FALLEN PRINCESS. YET STILL, SHE HAS DEFENDED OUR HOME DESPITE THOSE THAT STILL DO NOT WELCOME HER. BECAUSE SHE LOVES THIS WORLD. AND IT IS WITH GREAT PRIDE I SAY, SHE IS FALLEN NO LONGER!"

Celestia produced what looked like a copy of her own crown. However, while hers was gold, this one was silver and the gem in it was blue!

"I GIVE YOU: NIGHTMARE MOON, PRINCESS OF DREAMS! FOR HER DREAM HAS NOW COME TRUE!"

Nightmare Moon was in complete awe as the crowd below her cheered! Tears of joy fell down her face as she hugged Celestia tightly! "Why. . . ?"

"Because you've earned it." Celestia said with a warm smile as she returned the hug. ". . . Sister."

Nightmare Moon could no longer contain her joy. She broke off her hug with Celestia, and took off into the sky. Singing a song Burst had been teaching her. And as she flew, she knew that the crown on her head was hers. At last, she had risen above her past.

Song Moon is singing:

PreviousChapters Next