• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 592 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 592

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 28: Worthy

The Unity Games had finally arrived, and the Crystal Empire was chosen to host the event. It went without saying that this was an event that everyone in Unity was excited for. Well, everyone except for a certain young dragon named Spike. Normally the young drake would be excited to take a trip to the empire that considered him their greatest hero. But after recent events, Spike was beginning to have doubts about his hero status.

Looking back, what did I really do? Spike thought to himself as he stared out the window at the scenery passing him by on the train ride. Dark Ice was the one who actually fought King Sombra, and Arctic Ace locked the Umbrum away in eternal cold storage. And what did I do? All I did was put the Crystal Heart where it needed to go. How can I be called a hero when what I did something so insignificant?

Upon arriving at the Crystal Empire, the legion of adoring people didn't do anything to put any of Spike's doubts to rest. Couple this with the fact that the young dragon had to also light the fire for the games' starting ceremony, Spike was starting to feel pretty worthless. Before he knew it, there was little more than an hour left before he had to go out in front of the entire Crystal Empire and light a torch. However, he noticed an unexpected visitor.

"Yo Spike." Burst Stream said with a smile. "Feeling nervous?"

"Not exactly." Spike said with a sigh. Then, a thought occurred to him. "Hey, Burst? You've got a lot of experience with this hero thing, right?"

"Yeah." Burst said with a nod before looking at the cracks across his arm. "But I don't know how long I have to pass down everything I know if that's what you're asking. And I don't know how to deal with crowds of adoring fans."

"O-Oh! That's not what I'm having trouble with!" Spike stammered out! "It's just. . . I don't feel good enough. I don't feel like I've earned the right to be called the Crystal Empire's hero. They even apologized for not updating the statue they made of me when I did nothing!"

"What do you mean 'nothing'?" Burst Stream asked. "Spike, you brought the Crystal Heart to where it needed to be!"

"And what else did I do?!" Spike snapped! "All I did was run to the center of the empire and place a relic on a pedestal! I'm not even the one who fought King Sombra or fought off the Umbrum! Compared to the rest of you? . . . I did nothing."

"Spike." Burst Stream said as he put a hand on Spike's shoulder. "Listen to me buddy. It's true that we were able to fight off against the Umbrum. It's true that Dark Ice is the one who beat the living Tartarus out of Sombra and that Arctic Ace permanently disposed of the Umbrum. But you know something else? We wouldn't have been able to seal the Umbrum away if it wasn't for YOU. Because you brought out the Crystal Heart, we were able to finally bring that fight to an end! You DO deserve to be called the Crystal Empire's hero! But it's not just because of you finding the Crystal Heart! Back then, you did something more important than any of us could have done by just fighting!"

"What's that?" Spike asked eagerly. "What's the important thing I did?"

"You gave the Crystal Empire something every hero needs to bring! What a hero should symbolize when things get bad, and the people are scared!" Burst Stream exclaimed! "HOPE. You gave them hope Spike. That's the greatest thing a hero can do when they arrive on help! And it's the hope that a hero brings that's one of the greatest powers at a hero's disposal! My time might be ticking away, but I refuse to let that stop me from giving people hope when things get bad! And I've got you and all of our friends to thank for snapping me out of my despair by pinning your hopes on me! Now go out there, and show the Crystal Empire that their hero is there for them!"

"Thanks Burst!" Spike said with a grin as he sprinted out towards the game field! Running towards the torch as fast as he could, and letting loose his biggest blast of flame yet! The torch burning brilliantly as the crowd cheered and Spike raising a fist in triumph! I might have done something small. But in the end, that helped everyone smile and gave them hope for a happy ending! That's the hope a hero brings! And I was an idiot not to see that sooner! Spike soon caught Sweetie Belle cheering for him loudly, and met with her in the stands.

However, their meeting was interrupted when a few fireworks were accidentally set off by a clumsy staff member! The accidental launch caused large chunks of ice to fall from the ceiling! Wasting no time, Spike summoned his Duelist Arm and charged up a massive stream of fire! Spike let loose a massive stream of flames from his arm cannon at the falling ice! Instantly turning the falling ice into little more than harmless water vapor! The entire stadium cheered, and Sweetie Belle leaped onto Spike as she kissed him on the cheek!

"My hero!"Sweetie Belle cooed as she nuzzled against her boyfriend!

Spike simply blushed and put his arm around his girlfriend. If he didn't feel like a hero before, her certainly did now.

PreviousChapters Next