• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 593 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 593

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 19: Splendid Spirit

Venus Bloomer's gaze was troubled as he stared at the Sanctuary in the Sky hovering above Unityville. Though it was still standing, it didn't seem to shine with the same radiance as it had before. Venus Bloomer could feel that there was a greatly troubled spirit dwelling in the sanctuary's now lonely halls.

"So you noticed something's up with the sanctuary too?" Shadow Thunder asked as he walked up to Venus Bloomer. "I can sense there's someone hurting up there. And I think we both know who that might be."

"It makes sense that you'd be able to pick up on her pain." Venus Bloomer said with a sigh. "For when feels great pain, be it physical or emotional, there is a disturbance in their spirit as well. Perhaps we should pay Splendid Venus a visit? I hope you're good at carrying cargo Shadow."

"Eh. Never had a passenger before." Shadow Thunder said with a shrug as he spread out his wings and grabbed Venus Bloomer by his shoulders. "Just, try not to look down."

A small smile crept across Venus Bloomer's face. "Easy for you to say since you've got a pair of wings." And a short flight later, the two landed on the Sanctuary in The Sky. Sure enough, they saw Splendid Venus looking at the sanctuary's fountain. The rogue Chaos Kin's normally shining appearance looked so dull and lifeless. "You're looking a lot less bright today."

Splendid Venus snapped out of her daze. "Forgive me. But the outcome of the last battle has inflicted a wound on me that is far more painful than any physical damage. My agents were brought into this world so suddenly, and their departure from it was just as sudden. But if anything, I take solace in the fact they felt no suffering in their departure due to the sanctuary being present."

". . . The most beautiful of flowers bloom only for a moment before they wither." Venus Bloomer said as he put a hand on Splendid Venus's shoulder. "In the time that your agents were in this world, they lived as they wanted and with as much spirit as they could put into their lives."

Though her face did not show it, Splendid Venus was smiling as a faint aura of light appeared around her entire being. "You have a spirit whose beauty surpasses your body's. Something that would surely make a woman very happy one day if they were to take a deeper look at you."

"Hearing you say that makes me almost regret not taking your offer from your first appearance." Venus Bloomer said with a small smile. "How about we head back down to ground level? I remember you saying that you saw my work at the flower shop before. But snapshots just don't do it justice."

Splendid Venus shined brighter at the offer. "I would very much enjoy that. It will give me the chance to pick something to remember-" Suddenly, Splendid Venus froze up. "He's here. . . HE'S HERE!"

"Splendid, what's wrong?!" Venus Bloomer asked as he saw Splendid Venus fly towards the edge of the sanctuary! "Who's here?! And who is 'he' anyway?!" And that's when he saw it. A dome of pure darkness fluctuating on the field outside of Unityville. The very same field where the agents of Splendid Venus fell.

"Pluto. . . " Splendid Venus hissed as she glared at the dome of darkness! Her grip on her staff tightening almost to the point of breaking it! "TODAY YOUR DARKNESS DIES!" And she flew off towards the dome of shadow!

"Wait!" Shadow cried out! But the Element of Compassion's pleas were in vain. "It looks like we're about to scratch off another one of the Chaos Kin. That's good right?"

"There'll be two scratched off with how Splendid Venus is acting." Venus Bloomer snapped. "We need to get to ground level now and get the rest of the guys! Because if we don't hurry, something tells me Splendid Venus is playing right into Suppression Pluto's hands!"

But while the Elements of Heroism were beginning to assemble, Splendid Venus had already arrived on the battlefield! Crashing through the dome of darkness and leaving an opening of light in her wake! An opening that ominously sealed up once she had descended to the floor. Or at least, whatever served as the ground in the pulsating mass of darkness.

"Ah. Splendid Venus. So glad you could grace me with your radiance. Tell me. How do you like my new domain? I call it Yami." Suppression Pluto's voice oozed from seemingly everywhere in the darkness. "Though I'm afraid to say you won't be shining as brightly in here. Although, your presence still leaves me somewhat winded."

Splendid Venus narrowed her eyes. True to Suppression Pluto's words, she did feel just the least bit weaker. "Though your lair weakens me, it is not enough to keep me from smiting you!"

"Oh? But I did not come here to fight." Suppression Pluto said as he emerged behind Splendid Venus from the shadowy floor of Yami, and struck Splendid Venus with one of his bladed tendrils! "I just want you to listen to what I have to say. I know you're upset about the passing of your dear agents. But I ask you: Who is TRULY responsible for their untimely end?"

"I. . . I a-"

"Don't say yourself." Suppression Pluto scolded. "True. You commanded them to fight in that battle. But who is the party that led to you giving that order? Who are the ones that made you doubt yourself? Who are the ones that made you turn against you kin?"

An evil smile slowly spread across Suppression Pluto's face as the eyes of Splendid Venus turned from white to purple and a poison-purple aura covered her being as he removed his bladed tendril from where he'd struck.

"The Elements of Heroism." Splendid Venus said in a cold and emotionless voice devoid of any life or light. "It was because of them I betrayed our fellow Chaos Kin." At that moment, said heroes had just rushed into Yami to join the fight. "And now they must pay for what they have taken from me."

"EVERYONE STAY ON GUARD!" Inferno commanded as he raised his Duelist Arms into a defensive position! He then noticed Splendid Venus' wings begin to glow! "Shield your eyes!" A brilliant flash of light was emitted from the wings of Splendid Venus, and it ended as soon as it had began. However, most of the Elements of Heroism felt weaker after the flash!

"I feel like my will to fight's been drained. . . " Steel Edge groaned as he tried to bring himself into a combative stance, but found that he couldn't so much as raise his sword! "What was that light?"

"C'mon!" Dark Ice grumbled as he tried to reach for his claymore on his back! "Move dammit! Move!"

"I think this is a new meaning for the phrase 'captivating beauty'." Akage quipped. "Because we can't move a muscle thanks to that pretty light show! Hmm. Or is 'deer in the headlights' a more appropriate comparison?"

"Fang and I aren't much better off either!" Tyrannus added as he and Night Fang tried with every ounce of their will to move just one of their fingers!

"Ah. Much better." Suppression Pluto said with a sneer as he circled the Elements of Heroism with sinister joy present in his gaze. "While my fellow Chaos Kin would love nothing more than to throw themselves into a fight, I find victory is obtained so much easier when you're able to play your opponent right into your hands. The Avatars among you shall make excellent trophies alongside the corpses of those who are still mortal among your number. I suppose it's only fair that I let Splendid Venus dispose of them considering it's your fault that her dear agents have departed this world."

Splendid Venus slowly hovered over to the paralyzed Elements of Heroism. Raising her staff and changing it into a spear poised to strike them down! But as she made to strike, the lash of a whip coiled around her spear!

"You're. . . wrong. . . " Venus Bloomer grunted! A rose colored aura pulsing around him as he got to his feet! "The agents fell of their own accord. Because they knew how beautiful this world was!" Venus recoiled his whip, and lashed out again and again at Splendid Venus! The Chaos Kin blocking each of his strikes! "They knew how much you loved this world! And they gave their lives so the world of beauty that you loved could continue on! HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING SO UGLY AS THINKING THEY DIED FOR NOTHING?!"

Venus Bloomer leaped out of the way of a thrust from Splendid Venus, and managed to strike her head! Temporarily stunning the Chaos Kin! Venus Bloomer saw this as his chance to try and get through to her, but he was knocked back by a gust from her wings! The rosy aura fading as he hit the ground!

"I'm so glad you refuse to let this worm's pleas sway you." Suppression Pluto said with a smirk as he looked at the fallen form of Venus Bloomer.

"Indeed Pluto. I was a fool to turn my back on my fellow Chaos Kin." Splendid Venus said as she hovered towards Suppression Pluto. "Let me embrace you. As a sign of my return."

Suppression Pluto let out a dark chuckle. "It pleases me you've come to your sense-GAH!" Suppression Pluto looked at his chest, and saw a beam of light piercing through his center! "What. . . is this?!"

"Light can be used to conceal just as easily as darkness." Splendid Venus said as she looked right into Suppression Pluto's shocked eyes. Her own eyes returning to their original brilliant white! "FINAL RADIANCE!" A brilliant white light shot out from Splendid Venus' entire being! The resulting blast completely obliterated Yami, and Suppression Pluto couldn't even scream as his body faded away! When the light died down, Splendid Venus fell to the ground.

"Splendid Venus!" Venus Bloomer ran to the fallen rogue Chaos Kin's side. "You managed to snap out of Suppression Pluto's control! I didn't even know if I had gotten through to you! I-"

"I could hear you loud and clear." Splendid Venus said with a soft look in her eyes. "I was aware of what I was doing. Of what I was about to do. But I had no control over my body. But the truth of your words, the strength of your spirit are what released me. I am so happy to have witnessed something. . . no. Someone so beautiful. And I can say that this world is a much more wonderful place for it. Now. . . I have no regrets."

And with that, Splendid Venus began to fade away. "But before I leave, I have a parting gift." Splendid Venus raised her hand over Venus Bloomer's Duelist Arm, and it was soon bathed in a ray of light. The color of the light turned to rose, and it soon faded. The lash was covered in a fiery purple aura. "I've imbued your whip with a portion of my power. It burns as bright and as radiant as the spirit of you who wield it. Farewell. . . " And in an instant, Splendid Venus dissolved into mere glimmers of light that immediately faded away.

"That. . . FOOL. . . " Suppression Pluto's spirit materialized before the recovering Elements of Heroism! "With my very last breath. . . I swear to purge this world of all she held dear!"

"You will do nothing." Venus snarled as he struck Suppression Pluto's lingering spirit with his whip! The second the Duelist Arm struck the vengeful spirit, it howled in pain as purple flames burned him away to nothing! "Your spirit lacked substance. Remember that when you dwell in tartarus for eternity."

Venus Bloomer then turned his attention to his friends. "Don't worry about me." He said with a weak smile. "I'm still in high spirits." Venus looked to the sky. "It's what she'd want."

About a week later, Venus Bloomer returned to the sight of the final battle against Suppression Pluto. There stood a small statue of Splendid Venus with a beautiful arrangement of flowers on and around it. Venus Bloomer smiled as he placed more flowers in memory of her.

"Hope you like the flowers. . . "

PreviousChapters Next