• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 593 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 593

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 31: Game Over, Grand Jupiter!

"Something's off." Steel Edge noted as he and the two teams of elements had gathered on the arena floor. "I was expecting Grand Jupiter to sick some more Gladiator Beasts on the members of our teams that're still mortal. Or he'd start rolling out some high-power special Gladiator Beasts that were fusions of the ones that were defeated."

"Or maybe he's decided to call it quits since everything he's thrown at us has been beaten?" Twilight asked with a nervous smile. "I mean, we beat all the other Chaos Kin! He's the only one left and we just took down the last of his minions! He said that he's been hanging back from the other battles."

"As much as I appreciate your thinking Twilight, I don't think we can expect him to end this peacefully." Steel Edge said with a shake of his head. "I can tell because of when I first crossed blades with him. Right when I was on my last legs after I made my last stand to protect you while you got the memory spell ready. Grand Jupiter made me an offer to join him, saying it would be a 'great honor' to serve under them. And I promptly threw it back in his face because I'd already had the greatest honor. Fighting alongside some of the most heroic people I've known in my life, and giving my life so that they'd have even a slim chance of victory. You all know what happened next, and now I'm here as an immortal embodiment of honor."

"Not to mention you handed Grand Jupiter's butt to him when he and the others returned!" Pinkie Pie chimed in with her usually cheerful demeanor. "Oh! Maybe he wants to fight you in this last round as part of some way to meet a warrior's end! Or even better, he's got a grudge against you and this'll be an epic final fight!"

"Speaking of the last Chaos Kin, here he comes right now." Arctic Ace said as he nodded in the direction of Grand Jupiter's throne! The last Chaos Kin promptly launching himself from his throne and landing dead center in the arena! "Looks like he's gotten tired of sitting around all this time."

"STEEL EDGE!" Grand Jupiter bellowed as he pointed at the Element of Honor! "YOU AND I HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS FROM OUR LAST ENCOUNTER! AND THESE ROUNDS HAVE BEEN BUILDING UP TO THIS MOMENT! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR HOW YOU TRANSGRESSED ME!"

"So you do have it out for me after-all. " Steel Edge said with a level tone and a steely glare as he flew down to the arena floor! His Duelist Arms in hand as he landed in front of the last Chaos Kin! "Well what'd I ever do to you?"

"You spat in my face!" Grand Jupiter snapped! "Not only did you deny an honor presented to you by I, your better, you surpassed me by becoming a being beyond what I am! A human worm like you becoming a god while I was the superior being?! UNFORGIVABLE! Your ascension has vexed me ever since me and my kin's escape from our imprisonment! I REFUSE to let an inferior warrior like yourself be my better! YOU DENIED ME MY GLORY! AND WITH YOUR DEFEAT I SHALL RECLAIM IT AND BE KNOWN AS THE GREATEST WARRIOR OF ALL TIME!"

"Well, now I know why you've got it out for me." Steel Edge said with a scowl as he got into a fighting stance! "If you really think you can beat me, then come on!"

"WITH PLEASURE!" Grand Jupiter roared as he charged forth at Steel Edge! Raising one of his bladed arms and striking Steel Edge's shield with sheer brute force! "THE RAGE OF MY GLADIATOR BEASTS AT BEING DEFEATED MADE THEIR SPIRITS PERFECT TO ABSORB! THEIR LINGERING RAGE ONLY MATCHES THE RESENTMENT I HOLD TOWARDS YOU!"

"IT'S FORTUNATE FOR ME THAT YOU'RE IMMORTAL NOW!" Grand Jupiter screamed as he repeatedly bashed his fists against Steel Edge's shield with the hopes of shattering it! Unfortunately for the last of the Chaos Kin, he was oblivious to the fact that the shield wasn't even dented no matter how hard he struck! "I CAN USE YOU AS AN ETERNAL OBJECT TO VENT MY FRUSTRATIONS UPON!"

'He has gotten stronger!' Steel Edge thought as he kept maintaining his defensive position as Big Saturn hammered away! 'But anger's cons outweigh its pros. I had the feeling he was the prideful sort, and this just confirms it. Let him roar and rant. Like I learned from my dad: A fighter blinded by rage is ferocious, but ultimately the most vulnerable kind. You can see me Grand Jupiter, but it means nothing if your mind can't be clear!'

"That stare. . . " Grand Jupiter growled as he kept hammering away at Steel's shield! "IS GIVING ME THAT DAMN STARE AND HIDING BEHIND THAT INFURIATING SHIELD ALL YOU WILL DO AGAINST ME?! DO YOU DEEM ME UNWORTHY OF EVEN A SINGLE STRIKE?! OR ARE YOU MERELY A COWARD. . . " Grand Jupiter pulled back his fist and began to charge it with a dark energy! "WHO DARES TO CALL HIMSELF A WARRIOR!"

"I'm not a warrior, or a coward." Steel Edge said calmly as he lowered his shield slightly and watched as Grand Jupiter thrust his arm forward! At the last second, Steel Edge used his shield to push away Grand Jupiter's arm and stab right at the Chaos Kin's vulnerable core! "I'M A GUARDIAN!"

"GAAAHH!" Grand Jupiter screamed in pain as he felt his core being pierced! "HOW. . . IS THIS POSSIBLE?!"

"Because you fight only for yourself!" Steel Edge cried out as he powered up his magic and executed the Blade Charge technique! A gigantic, silver blade construct coating the regular blade of his sword! And he wasted no time slashing at Grand Jupiter over and over with the massive blade! "You've thought only of the power and glory you sought and thought no one would try to stop you! But whenever people like you show up to hurt those who can't stand for themselves, that's when people like me take a stand to stop you! There's a reason why we took the position of guard! Because we are the ones who raise our weapons to protect our people!"

With one final swing, Steel Edge knocked Grand Jupiter halfway across the arena! Steel Edge spread his wings, and flew forward! Using his magic to summon several dagger constructs and send them flying towards Grand Jupiter! The stream of blades pelting the last Chaos Kin and forcing him to cross his arms to protect his ruptured core!

"We'll fight so that no one else has to!" Steel Edge shouted as he focused his magic to remove the plates of his wing armor! Each of the armor plates ending in a segment that had the sharpness of a blade hovering in the silver aura of Steel's magic! "And no matter how hard you hit us, we'll never give in!"

Steel Edge hurled his wing armor's plates and commanded them to strike at Grand Jupiter! The sharpened armor plates making Grand Jupiter drop his guard and expose his core in attempting to swat away the plates!

"WHY?! WHY?!" Grand Jupiter raged as he swatted the empty air long after the armor plates fell to the ground! "HOW ARE YOU BEATING ME?! IS IT BECAUSE YOU"RE A GOD NOW?!"

"It has nothing to do with me being an Avatar!" Steel Edge spat as he slashed at Grand Jupiter's exposed core! Making the Chaos Kin writhe in pain! "You lost because you never tried to win in the first place!" Steel Edge shot out a blade beam from his sword to launch Grand Jupiter into the air and Steel flew up above him!

"OMNISLASH!" Steel Edge cried out as he slashed at Grand Jupiter! Only to throw himself into a series of slashes from all sides before charging up his magic for one final slash that shattered Grand Jupiter's core! Sending Grand Jupiter crashing towards the ground! The final Chaos Kin's body turning to dust upon impact!

"The fight's over. Now comes my favorite part." Steel Edge said with a sigh of relief as he holstered his weapons and turned to face his friends. Smiling as he saw Rainbow Dash flying at him and crashing into a hug! "Let's go home. . . "

PreviousChapters Next