• Published 3rd Sep 2018
  • 592 Views, 197 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 4 - Bahamut0



Dating Nightmare Moon and repairing his relationship with Celestia. Not an easy task by any means. But one Burst Stream will pour all his power into. He'll need to with the Chaos Kin unleashed and an old foe of his father's slowly returning.

  • ...
5
 197
 592

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 29: Let the Games Begin

It was the final day of the Unity Games, and the closing ceremonies had just gotten underway. However, the end of the Unity games was soon interrupted by the appearance of a coliseum hovering above the very stadium the Unity Games were being held in! Among the crowd of nervous spectators, both teams of elements tensed up as a lone figure levitated down from the coliseum! Grand Jupiter had descended!

"Greetings!" Grand Jupiter announced as he landed at the center of the stadium! "Allow me to introduce myself! I am Grand Jupiter of the Chaos Kin! For a while now, my fellow Chaos Kin have challenged your guardians: The Elements of Harmony and the Elements of Heroism. But make no mistake! Where they fell, I shall triumph! For now that I, the strongest of my kin, stand alone! However, a simple fight between us is far too mundane for my tastes. Which is why I've come to you with an arena of my own!"

"Behold my arena! Jupiter Coliseum!" Grand Jupiter declared as he pointed to the coliseum floating above the stadium! "As long as I wage my battle against both of your sets of guardians, this shall serve as the battleground! Within lie my warriors! The Gladiator Beasts! Each of them eager to sink their teeth into combat against the elements! If either teams of elements are present, I gladly welcome your challenge! HOWEVER, I have one requirement of you should you accept my invitation! Only those among your number who are mortal may do battle! A fight for your life means nothing if you need not fear death! You need only step forward to accept my challenge!"

Nervous murmurs sounded from the entire stadium, but the chatter was soon rendered mute as the mortal members of both teams of elements stepped forward and headed towards the center of the stadium! All of them glaring at Grand Jupiter as they advanced!

"Ah. Excellent." Grand Jupiter said with a smirk. "Let's not delay then! The Unity Games may have ended, but mine have just begun!" He then threw his arms wide! "FIGHT WELL! FOR BY THE END OF THESE BATTLES, THE WHOLE WORLD WILL SEE WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN BE CALLED THEIR CHAMPIONS!"

And in a flash of light, the mortal members of both sets of elements were teleported to the Jupiter Coliseum! Each of them summoned their weapons, and got into fighting stances! However, when the fliers of their number prepared to launch themselves towards the enemies surely waiting for them, they found themselves confined to the sidelines! Leaving only the ground-based and magic users of their group in the arena: Burst Stream, Venus Bloomer, Spike, Magnet North, Night Fang, Akage Strider, Applejack, and Rarity!

"This round will be grounded." Grand Jupiter announced from his personal box with a wicked grin. "Don't worry. The fliers among your group will get the chance to stretch their wings soon enough. But I believe you have more pressing matters to concern yourselves with." With a snap of his fingers, Grand Jupiter commanded his gladiator beasts to step out into the arena!

Each gladiator beast seemed to resemble a certain animal. There was one based on a bear, one that resembled a water buffalo, one that was horse-like in appearance, another of the beasts had the appearance of a cheetah, two that resembled tigers, and one that looked like a saber-tooth tiger! At the head of them was the lead gladiator beast who resembled a lion. It was only fitting that the king of the beasts would be the strongest among the Gladiator Beasts.

"I give you your opponents!" Grand Jupiter announced! "Andal the Bear! Dimacari the Buffalo! Darius the Stallion! Noxious the Cheetah! Tygerius the Ancient! Laquari the Blaze! Samnite the Brute! And last of all, Alexander the Leo! BEGIN!" With a wave of his hand, Grand Jupiter commanded the gladiator beasts to fight!

"Akage! You take on Noxious!" Burst Stream called out! "Spike? You handle the bear! Venus and Fang! Take down Tygerius and Laquari! North and Applejack, you guys handle Dimacari and Darius! Rarity do you think you can handle Samnite?" Burst received nods of confirmation from his friends. "Good! Let's go!"

The first to clash were Akage and Noxious! The cheetah gladiator beast trying to rush Akage and get in quick swipes with his claws! However, Akage was quite familiar with the hit-and-run tactics that the beast-warrior was implementing and either evaded the claw swipes or countered them by tripping the cheetah!

"See you next fall!" Akage called out as the cheetah stumbled and tried to reorient himself! "Didn't anyone ever tell you that speeding causes accidents?"

"How did you catch onto my strategy?!" Noxious hissed as he slashed at the ground in frustration!

"I guess you could say you're being a copycat." Akage answered with a smirk. "The tactics you're using are ones that I've been trained to use my whole life! I know how they work, and that means I know how to work around them! You weren't pursuing me. I was just baiting you!"

Akage noted the enraged look on Noxious' face, and calmly drew his bow as the gladiator beast made a mad dash at him! Noxious was so blinded by fury that he didn't even notice that Akage had let loose an arrow made of energy right at the beast fulling intent on maiming him! The arrow hit Noxious in the leg, and made the beast-warrior stagger! But while Noxious was nursing his wound Akage struck without any hesitation or warning! A quick slash from Akage's blade left a scorched cut mark in Noxious' side! But Akage was far from done as he capitalized on the window his strike had granted him! Akage unleashed a series of rapid slashes from his new blade! It's tonfa grip allowing him to fluidly change between wielding it like an armblade and a standard sword! When he ended his onslaught Akage sheathed his blade and Noxious fell to the ground! The Gladiator Beast turning to stone and crumbling upon defeat!

Meanwhile, Fang and Venus were tangling with Tygerius and Laquari! Venus was able to keep Tygerius a good distance from him thanks to his whip, and managed to snag the beast-warrior's sword! However, Venus soon noticed that Fang was having trouble fighting Laquari! The Gladiator Beast keeping Fang at bay by shooting fireballs at the Element of Determination!

"FANG! SWITCH!" Venus Bloomer cried out! Fang nodded in response, and the two switched opponents. "So. You like to play with fire, don't you?"

"I bring a new meaning to the term 'in the heat of battle'!" Laquari boasted as embers began to dance around his hands! "LET ME GIVE YOU A DEMONSTRATION!" Laquari fired a barrage of fireballs at Venus! However, the Element of Spirit swung his whip in front of him! Effortlessly blocking and dispelling each of the fireballs! "WHAT?!"

"You burn too recklessly." Venus remarked coolly. And rose-colored flames ignited around the lash of his whip! Venus calmly as Laquari repeatedly shot out more fireballs in a vain attempt to try and hit him! But Venus just countered with his whip and used the additional firepower to make his whip blaze with rosy flames! "And in the end, you'll only snuff yourself out faster!" With one devastating lash of his whip, Venus set Laquari ablaze! The gladiator beast roaring in pain as he was incinerated by the flames he used to command being turned against him!

"You fight well, cub!" Tygerius remarked as Night Fang dodged a swing from his sword! "You've a bit of a beast in you already! But I see it in more than just those ears and tail of yours! Your eyes are like that of a wolf! Even your very movements carry the speed, ferocity, and power of one! You'd have made an excellent Gladiator Beast!"

"You're not wrong!" Fang snapped as he slashed at Tygerius with his claw gauntlet! "I've got the appetite of one too! But there's one thing that separates me from you! The reason I have that ferocity is to protect my family! Or in terms you'd understand, my pack! And since you've got every intention of hurting them, I'll bare my fangs against you!"

Fang shoved Tygerius and immediately took the opportunity to continue his assault! A flurry of kicks to the lower body and chest left Tygerius winded and left him wide open to a devastating uppercut from Fang's arm bearing his Duelist Arm! While the elder beast-warrior was dazed, Night Fang launched himself into a forward somersault with his Duelist Arm raised! Striking Tygerius across the chest and landing a fatal blow!

"Another one bites the dust." Fang said with a nod as he watched Tygerius crumble apart! His ears then perked up when he head Burst Stream struggling in his fight against Alexander! "C'mon! Let's see if we can lend Burst a hand!" As the pair rushed to Burst's side, Spike was dodging swipes from Andal! The ursine Gladiator Beast growing more and more frustrated with Spike evading any attempts to grapple him!

"Coward!" Andal growled as Spike slid under him! "Do you intend to run for this whole fight?! I thought heroes like you were all about standing up to fight!"

"There's fighting hard, and fighting smart. Guess which one I'm doing?" Spike retorted as he fired a blast from his arm cannon right at Andal's face! "You're bigger, but that doesn't mean squat if you can't keep up with me or if I'm out of reach!"

"SHUT IT WHELP!" Andal roared as he charged at Spike, and leaped into the air before bringing himself down hard on the ground with the intent of crushing Spike under his sheer weight! Unfortunately for Andal, and quite fortunate for Spike, this left the Gladiator Beast wide open for shot through the core! Andal was silent as the look of fear in his eyes said just how screwed he was when Spike unleashed a charged flame blast aimed right at his chest! No words escaped the ursine beast-warrior as the blast ripped through him! Like the other fallen Gladiator Beasts, Andal turned to stone and crumbled into pieces!

Rarity, much to the surprise of most of the fighters, was able to completely dominate her fight against Samnite! With the use of the magical glyphs she had added to her combat style, Rarity was able to greatly enhance her movement and maneuverability! She was even able to grant herself an additional jump in midair or propel herself towards her brutish opponent! Striking with pinpoint precision at openings that Samnite's shield couldn't cover! Samnite, who grew tired of hiding behind his shield, decided to lash out wildly in the hopes of landing a hit on Rarity! He had no such luck as this let the Element of Generosity finish him with a series of rapid strikes from her rapier and fan!

"I'd say this form is much more suitable for your fighting style." Rarity remarked as she stared at the stone remains of Samnite. "A complete mess."

"Huh. I guess she's made of sterner stuff." Applejack remarked as she fired a bolt at Darius! This only enraged the Gladiator Beast more as he swung at Applejack with his halberd! "You're a rowdy one, aren't ya?" The only response Applejack got was a snort from the horse beast-warrior. "Well, good luck tryin' to knock me down! I've tangled with varmints tougher than you!"

Darius snorted, and charged forward to try and run Applejack into the ground! But to the Gladiator Beast's shock, Applejack sidestepped him and grabbed onto his arm! Applejack then lifted Darius over herself and slammed him into the ground! But the farmgirl didn't let up as she repeated this action about five more times before grappling Darius by the head and slamming him into the ground! The impact knocking the Gladiator Beast out cold before he turned to stone!

That's my girlfriend. Strong and beautiful. Magnet North thought to himself as he dodged a swing from Dimacari's spiked gauntlets! Judging by his weapon of choice, this brute prefers to get up close and personal! Well then. I'll give him what he wants! Magnet North switched his shot blaster so that the blue barrel was on top and aimed it at the arm Dimacari was swinging towards him! North fired the draw shot, and it pulled Dimacari towards it before exploding! Once more, North switched the barrels of his shot blaster! This time he fired out a destructive red shot that knocked Dimacari back and ripped through his center! The Gladiator Beast turning to stone and shattering!

There was only one Gladiator Beast left: Alexander. And he was certainly in a league above the rest of the beasts that had been sent out! Burst, Venus and Fang led a three-pronged attack on the lion, but Alexander grabbed Fang by the face and brutally slammed the Element of Determination into the ground! Making a crater upon Fang's impact! Venus lashed out with his whip, but Alexander caught it in his hands and yanked Venus towards him! As soon as Venus Bloomer was within arm's reach, Alexander delivered a vicious punch right to his face! Knocking the Element of Spirit out cold!

"Is this all the better you can fight me?" Alexander asked with a smirk as he folded his arms in disinterest. "How disappointing, but an outcome I expected nevertheless. Lions are the kings of the beasts. It's only natural that I share a similar position among the Gladiator Beasts! Come all who would dare to try and best me! You will know your place under me with my very roar!"

And with that, Alexander let out a mighty roar like the beast he shared the appearance of! The roar knocking back all who tried to converge upon him! Applejack and Rarity tried to get to their feet, but Alexander simply backhanded them away with almost no effort! Magnet North managed to get up, but a swift knee to the stomach from Alexander quickly sent him to the ground again! However, not all of the element bearers were out of this fight yet! Fang had managed to rise, and his more savage form was starting to take root!

"So. It appears that there are those who still will not bow." Alexander scoffed as Fang rushed at him! Only for Alexander elbow him hard in the face and knock him out of his transformation! He then noticed Burst Stream and Spike getting into fighting stances! "Well, well. Perhaps I'll have more of a challenge than I thought! It's been said that dragons are among the strongest creatures of this world! Time to see how that claim holds up!"

Alexander dashed towards Spike! The young dragon not hesitating to fire shots from his arm cannon while Burst Stream fired a barrage of shots from his twin blaster pistols! However, the most the shots managed to do was annoy the lion as he leaped towards Spike and hit him with his strongest punch!

"Impressive." Alexander said with a smirk as he saw Spike wince from blocking the brutal strike! "That would've shattered the arm of one of your friends' back there. But here you are! Still standing and giving me that defiant glare!"

"I'm made of sterner stuff!" Spike snapped as he dropped his guard stance and slugged Alexander in the face! "HAVE AN UP-CLOSE LOOK!"

". . . " Alexander was silent as he felt his face and felt a bruise where Spike had struck him! That was all it took for the lion to unleash his rage upon the drake! "HOW DARE YOU?!" Alexander unleashed a brutal kick to Spike's side before grabbing the drake by the face and dragging him along the ground! "INSOLENT PILE OF SCALES! I'LL SHOW YOU THE PRICE OF-?!"

"DRAGON STRIKE!" Burst Stream screamed as he slashed down with his sword! Sending an energy projection of a dragon that crashed into Alexander hard enough for the lion Gladiator Beast to release his hold on Spike! "Picking on the kid, was a bad move."

"So another fool dares to bare his fangs at the king of beasts, does he?!" Alexnader growled! "FINE THEN! SINCE YOU'RE SO EAGER TO PUT YOURSELF IN THE WHELP'S PLACE, YOU SHALL FACE HIS PUNISHMENT!" Alexander pulled his fist back and it began to glow with a bright yellow energy! "BEHOLD MY FINISHER! LEO DESTROYER!" Alexander charged at Burst Stream! Fully intent on striking Burst Stream down where he stood! But his advance was halted when Burst shot a massive blast of white lightning right at him! Jolting and paralyzing the Gladiator Beast where he stood!

"You're the only one that's finished here!" Burst Stream cried out as he began to concentrating his magic into his left leg! Lighting and energy crackled around Burst's entire left leg! Wasting no time, Burst Stream ran towards Alexander! His left foot making small shockwaves as he charged forth! Once he was within sweep distance, Burst unleashed a single, devastating roundhouse kick right to Alexander's face! Coupled with the fact it had been enhanced by Burst's magic, the kick sent Alexander sprawling to the ground! The Gladiator Beast roaring in pain as he exploded! Burst Stream had a tired smile on his face after the victory he and his friends had earned, but that smile was soon replaced by pain!

"AGH!" Burst Stream fell to the ground clutching his left leg, and his friends in the arena quickly rushed to his side once they'd recovered. Burst rolled up the left leg of his pants, and saw that cracks similar to the ones on his arms had now appeared on his left leg! "Not good. . . "

". . . Burst?" Spike asked. His voice shaking with regret. "I'm sorry! If I hadn't been so impulsive, I wouldn't have been targeted and you wouldn't have had to save me! Because of me, you've got less time and-"

"Don't apologize Spike." Burst Stream said with a smile. "I wouldn't be a good leader if I didn't look out for my team. Much less come to their rescue if they're taking a beating. I had the power to save you Spike. And I don't regret doing it. Besides, I'd have slugged that jerk in the face to just for hurting any of you. Faust help him if he'd hit Moon!"

The group shared a laugh before helping Burst Stream up and regrouping with their friends in the stands. However, Grand Jupiter gathered the spirits of the defeated Gladiator Beasts and placed them inside a container while looking towards a new batch of Gladiator Beasts all resembling aerial creatures. The battle was far from over.

Author's Note:

So. . . any name ideas for Burst's new finisher? Also, apologies for getting this out so late. I've been busy with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's World of Light adventure. Btw, which mode is better for unlocking characters? World of Light, or playing through Classic Mode?

PreviousChapters Next