• Published 25th Aug 2018
  • 593 Views, 6 Comments

The Switchy-Witchy Stone - PurpleWonderPower



When a mysterious magical artefact switches Discord and Twilight's powers, the Mane 6 try and figure out a way to switch them back, until Discord's chaos magic proves to be too powerful for Twilight and starts to corrupt her.

  • ...
2
 6
 593

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Ohh...ohh..." mumbled Twilight, wearily, opening her eyes. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike and Discord were all looking down on her.

"Her eyes are back to normal!" exclaimed Applejack, looking at Twilight's deep lilac eyes, "I think she's back!"

"Wh...what happened?" Twilight asked, shakily getting to her feet, "Are...are we in Canterlot?" She looked around at the checked ground, rotating buildings, chocolate cotton candy clouds and soap roads. "What in Equestria happened here?"

"You got corrupted by my chaos magic, turned Ponyville upside-down, moved on to Canterlot and told everypony you were going to rule Equestria for all eternity," said Discord, enjoying every moment of this, "Oh, and you also used the princesses as dartboards." He pointed over at Celestia, Luna and Cadance.

Twilight's face became struck with horror! "WHAT!?"

"Oh yeah!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, enthusiastically, looking over at the dartboards a few metres away from the throne, "You kept throwing darts in their manes and made them wear clown costumes and—"

Twilight screamed! She ran over to the princesses, who were taking off their make up and wigs.

"Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance!" exclaimed Twilight, bowing down low, "I have absolutely no idea what happened, but I—"

She was suddenly cut off as Princess Celestia hugged her. "I'm so glad you're OK, Twilight," she whispered.

Twilight looked a little surprised at first, but complied.

"Now I think we all want to know what happened to Twilight," said Princess Cadance, striding over to the other seven, "What made her do all this?"

"We found this in a cave beneath the Tree of Harmony," said Fluttershy, holding up the Switchy-Witchy Stone, which had dulled back to its usual silver, "It switched Discord and Twilight's powers, and Discord's chaos magic started to consume her."

"Then she somehow thought she was Discord," said Applejack.

"And turned Ponyville into the Chaos Capital of the World again," said Rainbow Dash.

"And made it rain chocolate!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

At the sight of the Switchy-Witchy Stone, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia gasped! Quickly, Celestia zapped a magical beam from her horn and encased the Switchy-Witchy Stone in a protective bubble and it shot away from the ponies.

"My sister and I hid this artefact beneath the Tree of Harmony many millennia ago," said Celestia, looking at the Switchy-Witchy Stone inside the bubble, "Its power was too dangerous to be wielded by any pony, even Luna and myself."

"So we saw," said Rainbow Dash, flatly.

"We never expected that anypony would one day find it," said Luna.

"But I've noticed that you ponies do seem to have a knack for the unexpected," said Celestia, winking at them.

"I'm just glad it's over," smiled Cadance, walking over to Twilight, "I definitely didn't like the idea of my favourite sister-in-law ruling Equestria in a state of evil and chaos forever."

"Although it appears Canterlot still needs a little attention," said Princess Luna, glancing around at the chaotic Canterlot.

"Allow me," said Discord, breezily. He snapped his fingers, and with a flash of light, Canterlot was back to normal. "My magic worked!" he exclaimed, "Yes!" He tossed away the walking frame he had been using, which instantly vanished! He fluttered up into the air and turned a joyful somersault! "Oh, it feels SO good to fly again!"

He snapped his fingers, and a dozen different outfits appeared on him, one at a time.

"Although this one doesn't go with my shoes," he mused, examining a denim jacket he was wearing.

"Oh, but who cares!" he exclaimed, tossing away all the outfits, which immediately vanished, "My magic's back! YAH-HA-HA-HAAAAAH!"

He laughed with delight and slid over to the ponies in a white glitz 'n' glam outfit. All the ponies laughed. Except for Pinkie Pie.

"Awwwww!" whined Pinkie Pie, looking around at Canterlot, "You didn't even leave one chocolate milk cloud!" She burst into tears! "Not a single chocolate milk cloud!" she bawled!

Discord rolled his eyes, amusedly, then snapped his fingers again. A cotton candy cloud appeared above Pinkie Pie and began to rain chocolate milk again. Pinkie Pie's sad face instantly changed to delight!

"Chocolate milk!" yelled Pinkie Pie, happily, splashing around in the chocolate and catching it in her mouth, "Yaaaaaaaaay!"

"Oh, it's good to be able to do it again," said Discord, flexing his fingers, satisfied.

...

Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Spike, Celestia, Luna, Cadance and Discord watched as Rainbow Dash's red lightning bolt, Pinkie Pie's blue balloon, Rarity's purple diamond, Applejack's orange apple, Fluttershy's pink butterfly and Twilight's magenta star levitated back into the Tree of Harmony. The spaces closed for good and the Tree glowed with bright white light once again.

"It's good to know we'll always be able to rely on the Elements when we need to," said Twilight, smiling as the Tree's bright glow lit up in all its former glory, "Although it never occurred to me that I would one day be turning Equestria upside-down and Discord would have to substitute for me."

"I still say your chaos was only on an average level," said Discord, flexing his fingers, "I would have turned the grounds into Swiss cheese, reversed gravity and made everything an opposite colour. Ooh, now there's an idea," he said, stroking his goat beard, thoughtfully.

"Discord!" snapped Rainbow Dash.

"I said it was an idea," said Discord, innocently, "Why do you always have it in for me, Rainbow Dash?" He squeezed her cheek rather hard and she fluttered off.

"I guess this is just another example of what a powerful thing friendship can be," said Twilight, looking up at the Tree, and then back at the princesses, "That no matter how dangerous or complicated a situation can be, as long as we have each other, the magic of friendship will always prevail."

She pulled Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy into a group hug.

"Even though they were facing one of the most dangerous threats to ever come to Equestria, my friends still didn't give up on me," Twilight smiled, at her friends gathered round her, "They proved once again that our friendship is stronger than any adversary. And now Equestria is safe. I'm proud to call you all my friends."

Discord gave a great yawn. "Oh, it's wonderful to have you back, Twilight."

THE END

Comments ( 4 )
Comment posted by CookieCrunch deleted Aug 25th, 2018

This story was good. I quite enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

This was a wonderful story! :twilightsheepish::heart:

Login or register to comment