• Published 18th Aug 2018
  • 840 Views, 17 Comments

PlutoVerse: Tirek's Arc - Vchart920



With certain events starting to take place, Celestia and Luna have no choice but to attempt to reform Tirek. Unfortunately for Rarity, she's been the one chosen to take on the task.

  • ...
9
 17
 840

Tirek's Release

Celestia and Luna stood in front of a locked door sealed off with magic. Celestia's stance was stoic, thinking over her decision as well as her mistakes. Luna seemed nervous, tapping her hooves in anticipation. The thoughts and worries of the risks they were taking with this option of theirs raced through her mind. She had to keep her breathing paced to force her heart to its normal rhythm.

“Tia, are you sure about this? I understand your concern, but of all the people?”

Celestia's stern face wavered a little with anxious anticipation. “I have been thinking about this for some time, Luna. I fear it may be the only way. If we had more time, I would think more on it. That’s no longer an option.” Celestia looked at Luna and her horn glowed. The yellow magic pulsated and danced, as if mirroring her emotions. Luna followed suit and the magic was aimed to the door. The mixes of magic enveloped the doorway which then transformed into a portal that revealed a dull violet landscape. Thick spires jutted from the ground, each housing some sort of beast or creature caged on top of it.

The two alicorns stepped through the barrier and made their way to the massive iron gates. The guardian lay in front of it, resting two of its three heads. The creature looked to the alicorns and smiled cheerfully, as much as a hound could. His tail wagged in excitement as they approached.

Celestia smiled to the creature and rubbed his head. “Good evening, Cerberus. I'm glad to see all is well here.”

The creature whined in anticipation of Celestia's affection. Luna focused on the realm around them, taking in details in a futile attempt to try to quell her growing nerves. Her worried mind created all sorts of circumstances if this failed. And yet, she trusted her sister even with her nagging worries.

“We shouldn't be here too long, so let's make this quick.” The elder sister moved to the gate and opened it. They both stepped through and it shut and locked behind them, the metallic thump of the gate echoed all over.

The two paced up the nearest path, the heat making itself more intense as they went. During the approach to the top, Luna took steady breaths to compose herself. Fear and anxiety were the last emotions she wanted to express to their prisoner, yet she couldn’t seem to shake them.

The cage came into view at the top, the centaur’s back greeted the two. His ears twitched with the unmistakable sound of hoofsteps approaching. He turned his head to face them and his weary eyes gave a feeble attempt to glare at the two females. “And what brings you here?” His voice sounded hoarse and dry, worn down over many years, unused. The tone of his voice gave off dull spite yet almost hinted defeat.

Celestia started. “This is hard for us to say due to your past. We want to take you out of Tartarus and bring you back into the world above.”

Tirek gritted his teeth and his glare hardened. Many choice words floated in his head that he wanted to say, but he held his tongue. He was a blind fool during the last escape, power hungry and cocky. That mistake would not be made twice. “I am no fool. What are you planning?”

Luna had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at his statement. “We decided, since we know you want out of this place so desperately, that-”

“That you think you can reform me?” Luna shot him a glare. “Don't look at me like that. No use beating around the damn bush.”

The two alicorns looked at each other. “Yes, that is our goal.”

Celestia added, “Or at least hope you can learn to be a decent person.”

Tirek scoffed. Before he could utter a word, Luna spat at him, breaking her composure, “We are being kind to you and giving you a choice, Tirek. You either take it or rot here for the rest of your pitiful existence!”

Luna's words took the other two by surprise. “Luna!” Celestia hissed. Tirek only raised his brow, his curiosity heightened. Could he work with this and figure a way out? If so, it would take plenty of time, but patience was the key no matter how much it pained him. A patient person he was not.

“Very well, I will take your offer,” Tirek said.

Luna and Celestia both looked at him, not surprised. They expected his hasty acceptance. “And do not think of escaping. We've made plenty of safety measures to ensure your best cooperation.”

Tirek narrowed his eyes at the two sisters. “And those are…?”

Celestia said, “We hope you won't have to find out. There will be rules that we must go over. But that will have to wait until later. We don't need to be keeping Twilight and her friends waiting any longer.”

Tirek growled at the thought of seeing those brats again. It had been years, yet, a deep seeded hatred burned within his belly fueled by a grudge which he only hoped to please.

Celestia took out some bracers and clamped then to Tirek’s arms. The metal gave off a bright yellow glow across the weaving as the magic flowed through him, magic that was now his own, and it allowed him to gain his old form hundreds of years ago, before all this started. His height beat Celestia by only a few inches. The sudden change overwhelmed his senses for several moments before his mind adjusted to the current form.

“This gives you enough magic to keep that form, but it will take no more,” Celestia explained. “And if you take any magic from anyone, it’ll hurt you and drain that magic out.”

Tirek examined the bracers, turning over his arms. The silver metal felt like ice against his skin, reminding him of the warm air that heated Tartarus. A simple design crossed over the metal giving off a braided look. If he were to guess, the metal they chose was iron. He doubted that they would use a precious metal, such as silver, on him. At least they didn't look ridiculous. “Very well. Get me out of here.”

Author's Note:

This story was mostly written for DA so chapters may seem short, at least to me. I may try to expand them later on.