• Published 18th Aug 2018
  • 839 Views, 17 Comments

PlutoVerse: Tirek's Arc - Vchart920



With certain events starting to take place, Celestia and Luna have no choice but to attempt to reform Tirek. Unfortunately for Rarity, she's been the one chosen to take on the task.

  • ...
9
 17
 839

Beauty and The Beast

The centaur gave a hearty groan, pulling the rope to set a heavy backdrop for the scene to switch out with ease. It was the fourth panel and he started to build up a bit of sweat. Rarity had left a few minutes ago to her classroom. The Beast’s robes were too ruined to patched, she needed to make another. Steward was put in charge while she was gone, Evening still heavily asleep on his back. As the next backdrop was set, the students cheered.

“Way to go!” Silverstream pumped her claws into the air.

“I got to admit, he’s been pretty helpful.” Smolder smirked.

Yona bounced about. “Yona knew centaur would be helpful! Centaur do great job!”

Gallus pushed the next one into place with Sandbar being his guide, “This should be the last one.”

“I can take care of it!” Ocellus, transformed into a bug bear, tied the rope and helped to ease it into place.

“Wonderful job, students and Tirek. I believe you have earned yourselves a lunch break.” Steward motioned Spike to come over, a large picnic basket in his claws. He flew to the stage and set it in front of them, leaning against it proudly.

“Hope you don’t mind sandwiches, chips, and cookies.” Spike wiped the sweat from his forehead before opening the chest of goodies filled with napkins, neatly prepared sandwiches, bags of salty chips, and the chocolate chip covered cookies the smell of which was still fresh.

“You made us cookies?!” Silverstream grinned from ear to ear.

“Of course! No picnic’s complete without them!”

Smolder sprung forward and ripped open the basket, tearing out the contents within. “Who’s hungry?!” The other students called out to their friend as she divided the spoils equally between them leaving just enough for Spike, Steward, and Tirek.

“I made this one special for you, figured you’d want something more your size.” Spike pulled out a sandwich, cookie, and a bag of chips as large as Steward’s head. “Hope that’s enough for you.”

Tirek grunted his thanks to the little dragon and took his meal. He sat himself under a tree to shield himself from the afternoon sun while he ate his food.

“Yona want to know if centaur wants to be good, if centaur has friends who can help.” Yona looked to Tirek with a warm, bright smile.

He stared down at the yak, hard. Despite his attempt to intimidate, Yona wouldn’t budge nor did her smile fade. In fact, it only grew sweeter and warmer. The two battled each others’ wills for what felt like minutes. Getting fed up, Tirek caved, “What do you want?”

“Yona want to help centaur be good! Yona know centaur can do it!” She continued to beam.

Gallus groaned. “Would you give it a rest, Yona? He’s obviously not trying to be good.”

“You don’t know that. He helped us a lot today.” Silverstream retorted, giving Gallus a sassy glare.

“Only because he’s being forced to by Head Mare Twilight.”

“Even if he was, he didn’t need to be that helpful.” Ocellus added. “We should give him more of a chance.”

Gentle hoof trots alerted them of the ponies’ presence. “Wow! You guys did a great job on the setup.” Twilight gave a good look at the stage and props. “I’m proud of you all.”

“This looks wonderful!” Rarity complimented, putting a hoof to her chest.

The students beamed. “We couldn’t have done it alone.” Sandbar smiled.

“Yeah! Centaur big help!” Yona outstretched her legs to emphasize her point.

Gallus deadpanned, “I think she meant how we worked together.”

“Including Tirek.” Smolder sneered at Gallus.

Twilight eyed Tirek while he stayed under the tree. “I’m surprised, but happy nonetheless. The next step is reading and memorizing your lines.”

Moans lefts Gallus and Smolder while Silverstream and Yona cheered excitedly. “Can centaur have part in play?!” Yona looked to Twilight with large, innocent eyes.

Twilight was hesitant at the thought.. “I don’t think that would be the best idea. We don’t want to push him too far too soon.”

“He could play the beast.” Smolder teased.

“I-I don’t think that’d be appropriate!” Ocellus flustered.

Rarity scoffed, “Please, dear, don’t give him too much credit.”

The stage roared with laughter, Steward giving a chuckle himself. Tirek gritted his teeth, hands clenching his meal. “Coming from the spinster herself,” he growled back. He stood up and turned to her, ready to snap. “Has it not occurred to you why you’re the only one of your friends without a mate? Are you that dense? I may have to put up with you everyday, but I will not put up with being ridiculed.”

Rarity gasped, “How dare you?!”

“I’m not surprised no one has said anything to you yet. You’re a hassle, high maintenance, in desperate need of everyone’s full attention, and you’re a brat.”

“Oookay! How about we take a step back?” Spike suggested, flying between the two, arms out at full length.

“Children, would you come with me a moment?” Steward look to the students.

“Ugh, right when it was about to get good.” Gallus moaned as he set claws against the stage, pushing himself onto his feet.

Yona grumbled, head low as she walked away. “Yona no like when friends fight….”

Sandbar tensed a bit. “I wouldn’t say friends, at least not with Tirek.” The students followed Steward away from the fight, well out of ear shot.

Rarity glared right back at Tirek, “And you’re nothing but a damn power-hungry brute! An ungrateful slob that can’t clean up after himself! You’ll be lonely for the rest of your life, no one could ever love you!”

His nostrils flared in anger. He lunged for her, knocking Spike out of the air, and going straight for her neck. She let out a short gasp before he got his hands around her. Before he could properly strangle her, Twilight let off a blast knocking him feet away from the stage. “That’s enough! You both need to calm down.”

Rarity took a couple steps back, coughing and catching her breath. “Me calm down!? He tried to kill me!”

Tirek brought himself up on his elbow. He was silent though his only thought was that she deserved it.

Twilight pointed an accusatory hoof at Rarity. “You egged him on, continuing to insult him when he clearly was bothered by it!” She turned her attention to Tirek. “And you need to calm your temper! If what she said bothered you that much, pull her aside and talk it out calmly! There was no need for you to outright choke her!”

“She’s the one that started throwing insults!”

Rarity finally managed to catch her breath. “Oh, it’s not like you’re innocent in this either!” If it weren’t for Twilight, the two would be at each others’ throats once more.

“Shut it!” Twilight snapped, she looked back to Tirek. “She was giving you a playful jab at first. Do you know what that is?”

“Does it look like I know,” Tirek grumbled out. His tail flicked back and forth like a cat’s.

“You’d know if you had any friends.” Spike sassed as he walked back over, throwing the empty paint bucket off his head aside. “Which is why you should give it a chance so you don’t end up looking like an idiot.”

Twilight sighed. “For now, I’ll let you off with a warning only because you didn’t understand, take it as today’s lesson, but I’m going to inform the queens of what happened. Why don’t you go home for today and try to work this out?”

“And let him choke me again? I don’t think so!”

“He won’t because if he does, he’s going straight back to Tartarus!” She glared at Tirek. “Got it?”

Tirek challenged her glare for a moment before giving an answer, “Fine.”

“Good. Spike, get ready to draw a letter to the queens. The next time I see you, it better be something mildly peaceful.” Twilight and Spike went off leaving Rarity and Tirek alone.

Rarity huffed glaring coldly at Tirek. “I suppose we should get started, get this over with.” She trudged off with a hefty amount of sass in every step.

Tirek snorted, stomping off after her. The walk back to her boutique was tense, both of them glaring here and there, desperately wishing to chew the other out. Knowing this couldn’t go on forever, Rarity bit the bullet and spoke. “I’m… sorry for enabling your behavior. I honestly didn’t know you were so… depraved of the joys of friendship.”

How much could this mare keep getting on his nerves? “And I wasn’t aware you were so lonely.”

Her cheeks puffed out. “I’m not lonely, I simply prefer to be alone.”

“Don’t pull that on me. I’ve seen the way you stare in envy at your friends and how you look at the stallions around here.”

“So what if I am? Can’t I be glad for their success?” The doorknob glowed with her magic, forcefully opening the entrance before her and slammed it behind Tirek barely missing from hitting him.

“Being happy for another’s success is different than the longing looks you give them and their children.”

Rarity whipped material, planning paper, and mannequins about the boutique. “And what about you? How lonely you must be without any friends. You can’t tell the difference between playful banter and insults!”

Tirek growled low in his chest. She was avoiding what he was saying, but he had a trick up his sleeve. He picked the unicorn up and forcefully pressed her against the wall. “There’s no use trying to hide it. I see it in your eyes everyday since I’ve been here, and I see it in your eyes now.” He pressed himself into her further, voice getting lower and slightly sensual. “It’s a very easy scent to pick up.” He let go of her and began to walk to his room. “Don’t try to take me for a fool again.”

Rarity sat there, stunned, face blushing fiercely. What in Celestia’s name was that about? How dare he pick her up like some kind of rag doll and speak to a lady in such a way! In that deep, tone of his, in his strong hands. Her own hoof slapped straight across her cheek. NO! She will not be taken by his rugged charm! Not this mare! Rarity marched over to her supplies and attempted to get to work, but the thought of him kept coming up, the feelings he left her with. Oh, it was like that one novel she read with the stallion sweeping the mare into his strong - no! Stop! This is unacceptable behavior! ‘You are supposed to be his parole officer, not his whore.’ Though the idea of playing officer…

She let off a frustrated, prissy “UH”, dramatically slamming her head into her work table. Who was she, Twilight?! No, she’d never be that desperate, she was above that. She looked back to his room, door still open, inviting, waiting, for her. Seeing no other choice, she decided to waltz into her kitchen and offer the poor centaur some tea or something. Anything that wasn’t the other, less decent option. 'Just get it out of your system, a quick chat and you’re out of there, feelings gone.' With the neatly prepared tray in her hooves complete with wedges of lemon, dainty doilies, and a small tray of fanciful cookies, she trotted, thoughts and urges constrained as she strutted into his room.

His fingers gently grazed across the wood of his bow. His mouth scrunched seeing a small chip in it. How did that get there? Had he not looked over it well enough after the last use? Damn it, he’ll have to sand it down later.

Rarity playfully bounced her mane. “Tirek, darling, I was thinking we could use a more… constructive talk, so I brought some tea and cookies.”

Her voice snapped him out of his trance. “Constructive talk? What do you define as constructive?”

“Anything that isn’t accusatory or shouting.”

The centaur took a second to weigh his options before groaning. “Fine, come in and have a seat.”

Rarity walked over setting the tray on the bed, taking a seat next to it. “What are you observing with your bow?”

“There’s a chip in the wood. I’m not sure how it happened or when.”

“May I take a look?” She leaned in curiously.

He handed the weapon off to her. “Here.”

Rarity gently took the bow in her magic, turning it about and examining its intricacies. She had to admit, he knew how to carve a bow, it was beautifully crafted, perfect weight and size for him. Ah, there. It’s not too big nor much of an issue, but clearly needs to be fixed. She couldn’t let such a magnificent creation go on like this. “Here, I have just the thing.” She gently placed the bow on the bed, walked out and returned with a small kit. Inside were various tools used to fix dents and mend a broken bow. Skillfully, she went through her kit and went to work filling in the chip and smoothing the substance used. “There. Let it dry for a few hours and it should be as good as new.”

“Hm,” he quickly gave it a look over. “I appreciate it.” He leaned over and set it against the wall. “I need one of those kits.”

“I would gladly fix one up for you. It will take some time to order the necessities, but it would be handy to have in your case.” She floated the box over to him. “For now, you can borrow mine.”

“I’m stuck here, so just keep it around. I’ll know where to find it if I need it again.”

“All right, dear.” She set it beside his bed, not that she used it that much anyways. “Where did you learn to carve and use a bow?”

“My grandfather. He passed not too long after he taught me, had some serious heart problems, and it took him one night.”

Rarity looked to him with concern. “I am sorry to hear that….” She looked to the ground. “You were lucky to have had someone like that. Everything I learned, I did myself. My parents, they were never around. Always going out or on vacation… without us…. I was always left in charge, sometimes a pony in town would come to check on us since other relatives lived so far away.”

“How old were you when you were first left alone?”

“I was about seven, Sweetie was only a foal. It took me a few days to realize they weren’t coming back right away. There was no babysitter, no note, simply a ‘Goodbye, we’ll be back soon!’ Silly, isn’t it, to think they would?” She laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

“Sounds like you have shitty parents.” He rested on his elbow next to her.

She sighed. “Yes, they were far from the best. Having them around wasn’t the greatest either, they often left us on our own not that I needed them for anything with being left alone so much.” Slowly, she rose off the bed. “Listen to me, rambling about such a depressing subject. Surely you must be bored.”

“Bored one way or the other. Nothing interesting has happened since I’ve been here. Except the archery contest.”

Rarity gave a curt laugh. “Just wait, darling. This is Ponyville. It rarely goes a few weeks without some monster attack or crisis.”

“And do you usually have fun with the monsters that come around or is it just me?”

“Well, if you can call beating them and sending them far away counts as fun. Sometimes, it’s a good means of stress relief. Depends on the day.”

“And what would you call today?”

She gave a tired moan. “After our little display and having to deal with the fallout of the students’ disaster show, fairly stressful.”

“And how do you kill the stress?”

Rarity placed a thoughtful hoof on her chin. “Sometimes I do stress sewing, other days some tea and cookies while I sit outside reading an engaging book.”

It was a good a chance as any. The stage was set and she was playing right into his hands. All he had to do was act. “I could suggest something that would engage the both of us. Relieve some stress.”

She looked to him skeptically. “And that would be?”

Tirek moved closer to her, reaching a hand out and cupping her soft face. He spoke in the same tone as earlier, “I think you know what that would be.”

Rarity let out a shocked gasp, legs crossed as she flustered. “T-Tirek! This is highly inappropriate!” Her voice was higher, sharper than usual. Despite her words, internally, that little voice screamed yes despite her desperate attempts to be mature and refrain from sleeping with the fresh out of jail housemate.

He looked her dead in the eyes. “Then tell me no.”

Her lips pursed tightly, jaw locked and eyes wide. Come on, she told herself, say it, say no, be the responsible one here! Yet nothing came out.

“I didn’t think so.” He leaned closer to her, pressing his lips against her neck, his thumb tracing the line of her jaw. The moment his lips touched hers, all the tension melted away, all the wrong feelings, gone. It was just her and him, alone in this room, laying on the bed, together. “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you. Treat you like no other stallion has before.”

* * *

Tirek’s arm was wrapped around the mare. He took a long draw of her scent and couldn’t help but internally smirk, surprised his plan worked so easily. Hopefully, it won’t be too long before he had her wrapped around his fingers. Rarity laid there, mane a mess, but that wasn’t what ran through her mind. The words repeated themselves “What have I done? What have I done? What have I done?!” Imagine the shame, oh the shame of it all if anyone found out! What would the queens think?! What would they do to her?! They may as well throw her into Tartarus with that brute for her betrayal! Betrayal of herself, betrayal of her dignity, betrayal of all Equestria! Sworne, was she, to the duty of reforming him only to fuck the bastard instead! Worst of all, she liked it, every second of it.

She slowly rose, her hooves gently placed on the ground as she, almost zombie like, walked out of the room. Tirek glanced to her. “Where are you going?”

“To drown in my shame the only way I know how.” She spoke practically in shock as she made way to the kitchen, take the largest bucket of ice cream available from the fridge, dug through her cabinets pulling out a large box of chocolates, and making her way to her fainting couch. She threw herself upon in, chucked the tops off the bucket and box alike, taking the chocolate from the one and raking it through the ice cream proceeding to shove the sweet delight into her mouth. Each bite was disgusting and over dramatic as she gorged in this unsightly ritual.

Tirek came out of the room a couple minutes later, sheets bundled up in his arms. He stopped mid-step when he noticed Rarity shoving junk food in her mouth and cocked an eyebrow. He set the sheets by the laundry room and made his way to her. “Ice cream and chocolates? This is how you drown your shame?”

Her head snapped at him, a serious look in her eyes, mouth in full frown as her eyebrows furrowed inward. “YOU! You are the reason I am like this! Why I am about to ruin my figure! All because you had to tempt me you thick horse, creature, thing!” Using her magic, she chucked pillow after pillow at him. “Get out of my sight! Get out!” Tears poured from her eyes as she hurled item after item at him, mascara turning them a dark grey.

Tirek held his arms in front of his face to block everything coming at him. “All right, all right. I’ll be out for a few hours.” He stepped out and closed the door behind him, the crisp night air blew passed. It was refreshing coming out of the stuffy house. Not knowing too much about the town, still, he decided to head in a direction.