• Published 26th Jun 2018
  • 343 Views, 1 Comments

Equestria at War: The Voices of War - Phantom Wing



After the peace of the races is shattered, Equestria finds herself involved in a World War. The voices of many ponies in many nations echo and create the voice of the war.

  • ...
 1
 343

Vengeance

Vengeance

Celestia sat in the wheel chair she had been bound to for years as she faced her military council. She had just declared war on Neighpan and she had received more news about her old flagship. The ESS Marezona was the pride of the Equestrian Navy and she been destroyed by one bomb during the attack on Pearly Harbor. Now, Celestia had the difficult task of making strike back at Neighpan for the blow that had been struck.

"Is is true? Ponies are still trapped alive inside the Marezona?" Celestia asked in a saddened voice.

Her Admiral of the Navy nodded. "We can hear tapping from inside the hull. We're doing everything we can to get to them, they're 80 hooves below water."

Celestia straitened herself for what she had to try next. She was about to try and convince her commanders to hit the heart of Neighpan.

"We've been trained to think that, thanks to the Elements of Harmony, we're invincible. And now our proudest ships have been destroyed by an enemy we considered inferior. We're on the ropes, everypony. That's exactly why we have to strick back now." The admiral nodded. He was about to speak when Celestia cut him off. "I don't mean an island assault. I'm talking about hitting the heart of Neighpan, the way they have hit us."

Shinning Armor cleared his throat before leaning forward to answer. "Princess, Pearly Harbor caught us with our flanks turned because we didn't face facts. This isn't a time for ignoring them again. The Royal Guard and the Wonderbolts has long range bombers and distance flying Pegasi, but no place to launch them. Midday is too far and Ratsia won't allow us to launch an attack from there."

Celestia turned back to her admiral when he spoke up in response.

"Agreed. Not to mention tbe Navy's planes are small and our long range Pegasi carry light loads. We'd have to get them within a few hundred miles of Neighpan and therefore risk our carriers. If, Faust forbid, we lose our carriers, we'll have no shield against an invasion."

Celestia was getting fed up and desperate to convince them. "Does anypony in this room think that victory is possible without facing danger? We are at war! Of course there's a risk."

Shinning Armor retorted. "But consider the risk, Celestia. If the Neighpanese invade us right now, they would penetrate as far as Chickago before we could stop them."

Celestia ruffled her wings as she played her last card. "Everypony, most of you did not now me when I had the use of my legs. I was strong and proud and arrogant. And now I wonder, every hour of my life, why my mother put me into this chair. But when I see defeat in the eyes of my ponies, in your eyes right now, I start to think that maybe she brought me down for times like these when we must rise up and not give up or give in."

The admiral shook his head. "Princess, with all due respect, what your asking can't be done."

Light bulb!

Celestia used her magic to life her legs out of her chair and with the help of her wings and forelegs started to pull herself up. She started struggling and her butler and Luna rushed to help her. She dismissed them and forbid anyone from helping her. She struggled for several more seconds until her braces and her own strength pulled her up straight. She looked right back at her staff with a steeled stare that held thousands of years of determination and experience behind it. "Doctors said I would never be able to stand again. Do not tell me, it can't be done."

A few months later

A family of four foals and a mare sat around their radio as the news broadcast came on.

"Neighpan continues its military conquest through out the Luna Ocean. But, back home millions of Equestrian workers band together, bringing factories to life to avenge Pearly Harbor."

Celestia sat in her office reading a paper until her admiral, Shinning Armor, and Discord of all ponies came into the room.

"Princess, I think we have an idea about how to bomb the Neighpanese," Shinning Armor said.

"Why is Discord here?" Celestia asked confused.

Discord huffed. "And I was hopping for something more along the lines of, 'Welcome back, Discord! It's so nice to see you again old friend.'"

Celestia scowled. "We're not friends."

A sword pierced his chest. "You wound me, Mon Capitan."

The admiral stepped in between them as Celestia's horn sparked.

"He came up with this idea. It may just work."

Celestia just rolled her eyes. "Fire away, gentlecolts."

Comments ( 1 )

I based this most recent chapter heavily on the best part of the movie Pearl Harbor. I also used a bit of great scene from Star Trek because the Doolittle Raid seems like something that Discord would come up with. Plus, that scene was the perfect way to introduce it.

Login or register to comment