• Published 1st Jul 2018
  • 1,718 Views, 13 Comments

New Shopping, Old Rival - FourShadow



Adagio joins her girlfriend for a day of shopping at the mall!

  • ...
3
 13
 1,718

Shopping!

Author's Note:

And another piece of Triagio fluff! Hope this was worth the wait, I busted my butt trying to get this together.

Enjoy it! :twilightsmile:

Special thanks to Sonicfan05 for the inspiration! :twilightsmile:

Adagio Dazzle couldn't think of an even better way to spend her Saturday. Relaxing on a very nice fuzzy couch. Nice hot drinks on the coffee table. A warm blanket to get cozy under. And best of all; an adorable dork of a girlfriend to snuggle with, while enjoying old reruns of shows from the 90s. With Trixie right close to her, her head resting on Adagio's bare shoulder, she couldn't have been anymore happy.

"You know something Trixie? I never understood this, this man has suffered several accidents in a lot of these seasons, how has he not died yet?"

"I don't know. Maybe he's invincible?" Trixie shrugged.

"He can't be that invincible. Especially when several of these accidents involve getting shot with a nail gun, falling through a roof, being electrocuted, falling off a roof, and blowing up an entire house."

Trixie giggled. "Its funny though."

Adagio stopped. A small smile and chuckle escaped her lips. "Yeah, I'll admit, there's some level of hilarity from that."

As the end credits rolled for the episode, Adagio stretched her arms before wrapping herself near Trixie once again. She looked into Trixie's eyes, noticing that little sparkle. Smiling, she leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"So, Adagio, I hope you don't mind, but... I was wondering if maybe at some point we could, maybe... hit the mall later today?" Trixie asked.

"I'd love to," Adagio smiled.

"Oh. Really?" Trixie tilted her head.

"Of course. We can't just sit inside all day, can we?"

"No, I suppose not," Trixie replied.

Adagio got up from the comfort of the couch, much to her dismay. She picked up the already empty mugs from the coffee table, taking them over to the kitchen. She filled them up with water, scrubbing out the stains and leftover remains from the drinks.

"And actually, Trixie. If you don't mind, that was actually something I wanted to ask you about."

"What's that?"

"Well, perhaps this is me... but I honestly want to get to know you a little more."

Trixie got up from the couch and into the kitchen where Adagio finished scrubbing out the mugs.

"But, don't you already know me?"

"Silly," Adagio giggled, "I mean as in some of your interests and hobbies. You know practically everything about me. But I Trixie, I want to know more about you."

"I don't know..."

"Come on, sweetie... Dagi just wants to know you... please???"

Adagio's head leaned down, staring straight up at Trixie with the most begging puppy-eyed look she could give her. The begging lips, the quivering eyes, oh, they were too much!

"Oh, okay... But you know, I'm not sure how much fun it'll be shopping with me."

"Trixie, I'm positive it'll be fun," Adagio said, moving over to her girlfriend and wrapping her arms around her. She leaned her head on her shoulder, giving her a peck on her cheek. The two of them looked at their reflection in one of the windows. Trixie felt herself smiling with Adagio holding onto her, cradling her like she was her own.


Trixie and Adagio walked through the set of double-doors, walking straight inside the Canterlot Mall. The very first place they stepped in was the food court. It was the very first thing that they walked into as they walked into the mall. The place seemed very packed today. There were a few lines for some of the small restaurants that were all built into the walls of the dining area.

"Full today, huh?"

"Apparently so," Adagio nodded. "Now, all we have to do is--oh no..."

"What?" Trixie asked.

"No, no, no, no, no... Alright, Trixie, you see that girl over there? Munching down on that burger like a hungry animal?"

Trixie turned her head to the right, to where Adagio pointed. There indeed, she was right. Sitting there was a girl chowing down on a cheeseburger like she hadn't been fed in weeks. Light blue skin, black hair, and dressed in a fancy jacket that was nothing but clean and smooth, and pants that hugged her skin so close that everyone within walking distance would be staring at her.

"Click Bait. The most obnoxious, annoying, attention seeker to ever attend Cloudsdale High."

"And how do you know her?" Trixie asked, looking into Adagio's eyes.

"She and I had a rivalry back at Cloudsdale High, long before I moved to Canterlot. Both of us kept fighting for attention, trying to claim the title of the 'Queen Of Cloudsdale High'. She had her day when my sisters and I fled from Cloudsdale to never return."

Trixie looked back at the girl who wiped her chin to remove some of the mess that was on her face.

"Wait. Adagio, you like attention too, you know."

Adagio blushed. "Y-Yeah..."

For once, Trixie was smirking at the Siren, with her hands on her hips.

"So. How come she's the bad one here if you're seeking for attention like her, hmm?"

Adagio rubbed the back of her head. "Trixie, I never took advantage of every boy at Cloudsdale without any respect towards them. She on the other hand, takes advantage of everyone, and has no respect for anyone she deems of lower class. She treats everyone like garbage with no redeeming qualities whatsoever."

"Well, we don't have to talk to her. Its okay. We just need to avoid her, and everything will be okay," Trixie said, holding her girlfriend's hand. She gave her a rather tender smile, followed by a stroke of her cheek.

"You're right. We don't need to waste time with the likes of her. Lets go do a little splurging, shall we?"

Walking through the food court, the two pushed on through and into a circular space. Three different ways which lead to several open wings of the mall.

"Where do you want to go first?"

"Actually, sweetheart, I want you to pick this time," Adagio replied.

"Wait... me?"

"You know this place more than I do. So why not let someone with more experience be the guide?"

"Oh. Okay, well, follow me!"

Adagio smiled, following her girlfriend right by her side. The two walked to the left, both of their eyes gazing at some of the stores. Where to go though?

Trixie grabbed her girlfriend, yanking her by surprise and taking her into the store. As they walked in, Adagio could quickly understand why Trixie liked the place. It was practically Geek Central. Shelves and racks held lots of comic books, both old and new, there were some action figures on displays, toys, video games, this store had everything. And to top it off, there was a collective buzz of people who were all browsing, talking, laughing, all round fun.

Trixie and Adagio walked inside, and the first person to greet them was the man behind the counter.

"Trixie, hey! Good afternoon!"

Trixie grinned. "Hi Brush! Good afternoon!"

"Say, who's the cute girl with ya?"

Adagio giggled. "Easy tiger."

"Adagio, this is Brush Stroke. He owns the store. Brush, this is my girlfriend, Adagio."

"Finally came out of your shell, huh?" Brush smiled.

"Well, she kinda... she's the reason I got out of my shell," Trixie rubbed her arm.

"Still, I'm happy for you Trixie. Its nice to see you got yourself a lady. Now how may I help you two?"

"Honestly, we're just here to browse. Have anything new?"

"Actually, yes we do. Just got some new Maneiac issues, and I set one aside for you," Brush Stroke replied, pulling out a comic book from under the counter, handing it to her.

Trixie beamed. "Yes! Thanks!"

Adagio chuckled. "Excited, are we?"

"Yes! I've been dying to read this new issue, it says we're finally going to get an insight into Maneiac's personal life of isolation and why she keeps pushing everyone away! Its been something I..." Trixie stopped when she looked at Adagio's amused face. A small blush went on her face. "I uh... Its just been something I was excited for."

Adagio booped Trixie's nose, making her scrunch up a bit. "I find your excitement adorable."

Trixie blushed even more.

"Now, if I may ask, do you have any games in this shop? There's a particular video game I'm trying to find, I've been meaning to get my sisters hooked onto it. Maybe even throw my girlfriend into the equation."

"Yeah, follow me."

Brush walked from behind the counter, guiding Trixie and Adagio to one of the shelves. On it, there were several video games lined up for different consoles, all ranked from A to Z. Adagio's finger slowly stroked the plastic on a few of the boxes, looking for the one she desired.

"Ooh... never mind, this I like." Adagio smiled. She grabbed one of the cases, looking at the cover on the front; Rise Of Tirek. "Just what I was looking for."

"You've never played the game, Adagio?"

"No, I haven't. Call me old all you wish, but I unfortunately am not up to date on newest games or franchises that are released with new content."

"Who said anyone would? I'm sure you were probably busy with more important things."

"Yeah." Adagio handed Brush some money to pay, while Trixie gawked at a few other interesting items. "Anything you're hoping to find today, sweetie?"

"Well, I don't know, I--ooh, new buttons!"

Adagio rolled her eyes, chuckling. If there was anything her girlfriend did as a hobby, it was button collecting. She always pinned buttons to her jacket to show off at school. Plus it was an easy way for people to tell what kind of things she was into, because she always had her favorite pieces of pop culture covering her.

"Need that, need that, need that... definitely need that... oh, and want that!" Trixie said, picking out the buttons like a little girl. Adagio couldn't help but laugh. So cute!

After making their purchases, Adagio hung her arm over Trixie, allowing her to nuzzle her cheek as they walked out of the store. The two of them made a turn, sitting down on a bench nearby so they could take a look at their things.

"So, where do you want to go next?" Adagio asked.

"Well, I think they have some more cool stuff at The Record Scratch shop. Just a few stores down."

"Perfect!"

As they got up again, Adagio leaned in a little more, holding her girlfriend close. Adagio never wanted to let go of that warm skin. So smooth and so tender, the feel. Holding Trixie was one of the highlights of her day. Well, if she was around. Just being with her made her day better than it already was. And it felt good being with her. No one else could have her, and she belonged to Trixie now.

"Hey, um, Adagio?"

"Yes, Trixie?"

Trixie stopped in the middle of their walk. She turned to look up at her girlfriend who was a few inches taller than her. Adagio's height was one of the few things that made Trixie jealous. Well, other than her beauty, her confidence in her own self, her curvaceous body, and everything else.

"I don't want to bring up any bad memories, but... was there something else that Click Bait girl did to you, that made you not like her?"

Adagio wanted to say no. But she couldn't lie to her girlfriend. Not to that adorable face! Those cute little eyes under those glasses, how could she lie to that?

"Well... yes. There was. But, I must tell you... before I say anything, I want to assure you, this was a long time ago, it isn't who I am now, but..."

"Hey, its okay," Trixie stroked her cheek. "I'm not going to think of you any differently."

Adagio sighed, taking a deep breath. "Well... back before I joined CHS, I was a little more of a predator than the calm woman standing before you."

"What makes you say that?"

Adagio cleared her throat, and brushed the hair that flopped in her eyes. "In one of my days at Cloudsdale, there was a boy that everyone was pinning over. That included myself, and Click Bait. Both of us tried to approach him in order for him to talk to us. She approached him by invading his personal space, rubbing up against him, and with a heavy push of every boy and girl who ever came near. I, however, tried to approach a little more subtly. Keeping up the seductive voice, but still kept a personal space to respect his own, but, well... he was a lot smarter than either of us were hoping for."

"Didn't get him, didn't you?"

"Unfortunately no. Our constant stalking behavior led him to find some friends who were a lot more sociable. And it was that day where I quickly started to catch on to how much of a stalker I was truly being. I just... ugh, I hated Click! That... that... blowhard!"

Trixie blinked. She was about to raise her finger when--

"But that's not the entire reason. It wasn't our lust over a boy that started such rivalry. No... it went back long before... My sisters and I were looking for a new school to attend, and Cloudsdale was the first one in our eyes. As soon as we attended, all of the boys, including a few girls here and there, were all glued to us. They were attracted to our own bodies, and we got all of the attention. We didn't know at the start, but she was the 'queen bee' of Cloudsdale. And, well... she started attacking us."

Trixie's mouth slowly lowered. "Oh no..."

"Soon after, it began an endless frenzy of her trying to bring us down so she can stay on top. But she pushed us too far on a particular day, and then soon after... all I remembered was my sisters and I fleeing for our lives, while everyone screamed in terror when they found out what we really were."

Trixie's head slowly shook in disbelief and disgust. "She chased you out?"

Adagio slowly nodded, shamefully.

"Aw, Dagi..." Trixie pulled her close to give her a hug, "Come here..."

"Um, Trixie? I'm okay. Its old history."

Trixie blinked. "Oh, well, um... sorry, I thought you needed a hug."

"I don't mind the hug," Adagio smiled, lifting her up in the air with a bigger hug. She swung her around, with a little cheer, making Trixie laugh.

"Why are you so silly?" Trixie grinned.

"No, you're the silly one, silly," Adagio giggled, booping Trixie's nose again.

Trixie leaned in some more, giving Adagio a kiss on her lips. Adagio's arms cradled her girlfriend, and she held her ever so close. Her lips being kissed was another fine example of pure heaven to Adagio. Being able to kiss her whenever she wanted to was just amazing. The two young women pulled from the kiss, gazing into each other's eyes. Adagio's hand brushed Trixie's cheek, making her blush and smile. The way she leaned into her open palm was just adorable.

"So... how about we just slip into the record store, and keep on lookin'?"

Adagio flashed a grin. "I wouldn't mind."


After a while, the two of them just browsed for a bit until they found a single thing they settled for; shirts. Shirts with cool designs, was all they picked. Retro neon, to be more specific.

"Oh! Mind if we stop for a second? I just need to use the restroom real quick."

"No, go ahead. I'll wait out here."

As Trixie rushed off to the bathroom, Adagio sat down on the bench. She crossed her legs, and leaned her head back, staring up at the glass paneling in the ceiling. Such an intricate display of triangular shapes, they were.

She sighed, relaxing on the bench. Such a great day. Spending time with her cute girlfriend, just having fun. Nothing could go wrong!

"Well, well, well..."

Or so she thought.

Adagio raised her head straight up. Turning it, she looked to see an old familiar face. The same one she saw in the food court not too long ago. And by her side were a few of her friends. Or the closest thing she called 'friends', they were more of her personal slaves.

"Click Bait," Adagio sneered.

"Adagio Dazzle. Never thought I'd see you here."

"I live in Canterlot, why wouldn't I go here?"

The snooty girl just took a sip of her coffee, still trying to keep up her good look and flair. She wiped her chin, and applied some fresh lipstick onto her lips, making them more red and shiny than they already were.

"But why would a skank like you even go here?"

Adagio hissed. "I would advise you take about 20% off, Click."

"Or what? You'll turn into a she-demon like you did in Cloudsdale, followed by you and your sisters running away and you crying like a baby?"

Adagio didn't reply. But she kept her stance.

"You don't have the guts, Adagio. You're weak. You're spineless. You're... you're an attention seeking, whore."

Adagio cracked her knuckles and was seething at this point.

"Say it again... I dare you."

Click just chuckled mischievously, before slowly starting to walk around her.

"Please Adagio, you crave attention, you practically beg for others to pay attention to you! You can't go a day without any man! And look at yourself, you're wearing a siren's outfit that's making your chest and your butt stand out!"

Adagio raised a brow. "Is it wrong to choose how I look?"

"Maybe not for someone like you," Click replied with a snort of derision.

"Babe, come on, maybe we should leave her alone. You've seen what she could--"

"Shut up!"

The boy shivered, hearing her tone. Her voice sounded like a chainsaw.

"Face it, Adagio. You're a whore who just wants everyone to pay attention to yourself, and that's it."

"And you're a complete blowhard! "

All of their heads turned to the right. The blue skinned girl with glasses caught their attention, and boy did she look mad. Eyebrows narrow, arms crossed, and a sneer so foul.

"And who are you?"

"I'm Adagio's girlfriend, and I'm going to have to ask you apologize right now."

Click's eyes widened, but then closed some more with a grin on her face.

"Girlfriend? Girlfriend?" She looked to the former siren. "That nerd is your girlfriend?"

Adagio was too lost for words. She couldn't believe it. Trixie was actually standing up for her? She had never seen this behavior from her before. Trixie was a wallflower for sure, but here? This girl was actually confidently standing up for her. Her girlfriend was helping her...

"Wow, Adagio. I didn't peg you for a lesbo."

Adagio finally snapped out of the space she stared off into, back to her rival. But instead of responding back with a snarky tone, she instead simply smiled. Proudest smile she could give.

"Actually, that's where you're wrong. I'm bisexual. It just so happens that I'm dating a woman."

"Come on, that... nerd? You're dating this nerd?"

"You bet she is!" Trixie barked, making her jump.

Trixie stomped right up in Click's face, making her back up. And then she herself backed up and stood next to Adagio, still keeping her arms crossed.

"Come on, Adagio, you can do better than her."

"Funny, I did. Trixie was the best girl I found, and it's certainly better than dating someone who only likes you for your body. At least not like you, you heartless shrew."

Click was completely shocked. That girl with that much beauty was sticking up for someone as Trixie?

"But that nerd has no way of being with you! You're out of her league!"

Adagio still didn't back down. She looked to Trixie's ever growing confident face and held her close.

"She may be out of my league, but at least I have an actual lover and not a slave."

"This makes no sense, what could this nerd possibly give you?"

Adagio looked back to Trixie, flashing a grin. She winked to her, to wit, Trixie caught. The taller girl gazed back to her rival, flashing a racy grin, with a bedroom-eyes glare.

"Nothing but pure pleasure, hot and ready."

Everyone stopped talking. Not even Click Bait could find a response.

"B-B-But... But... you're just a whore!"

The next few seconds went by in a flash, and with zero warning. One second she was there, spewing out words with zero intelligence or wit. The next second, she was found on the ground, groaning in pain and cupping her face. Everyone's eyes turned to the source, and it wasn't Adagio.

The blue fist that threw the punch, slowly loosened and fell back to her side. She was seething, and panting heavily. She sounded like an angry lion that was ready to pounce at any moment. A boot stomped into the floor, and she scowled at the down girl who looked at her with a plea of mercy.

"No one... no one calls my girlfriend a whore!" Trixie yelled with pure rage.

Click's lips quivered and she slowly nodded.

"Now say you're sorry."

She gulped. "I'm... I-I'm--"

"Louder!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!!!" Click whined, crying.

Trixie's nostrils flared and she stepped away. Her eyes glared to the rest of her friends who helped her get back up on her feet.

"Now listen up! My girlfriend is a lot of things, but she isn't a whore! And if I catch, or see any of you harassing her again, you're going to have to go through me! Understand?"

Everyone said nothing but nodded, understanding. They didn't even dare to make another insult. That would just make another insult to injury. In defeat, they walked away from the seething dork. If looks could kill, they would. As they finally walked away, Trixie's hands loosened up, and her voice got a little shaky. She didn't think about it at first, but then it hit her like a bullet. She punched someone. She assaulted someone in a mall, in a public place no less!

"Oh... I... Oh my gosh, w... what have I done..."

Trixie felt herself whimpering and tearing up a little bit.

"Baby?"

"No, don't look at me," Trixie turned her back away from Adagio. "I... I'm--"

"Sweetie?"

Adagio's hand moved under Trixie's chin, getting her little geek to look her in the eye. Looking up into Adagio's beautiful magenta eyes, she didn't see any distress. No fear, no hate, nothing. She looked proud.

"You stood up for me... That was amazing."

"B-But Adagio... I... I hit her... I never hit anyone!"

"Trixie, you were just trying to stand up for me, and that's okay," Adagio replied, holding her close. "Sure, violence probably wasn't the best method to solve this solution, but what matters to me is that you stood up for me."

Trixie smiled only for a little bit. A small tear went down her eye, and Adagio wiped it away from her face. Adagio pulled her close and held her in a big kiss. Trixie's eyes slowly closed, and she wrapped her arms around Adagio, kissing her back. The two of them kissed longer than they normally would, even more passionate than before.

After they broke from the kiss, Adagio stroked her girlfriend's cheek, finally getting Trixie to smile.

"My baby feeling better now?"

Trixie sighed. "I guess..."

"Look, there isn't anything you can do about it now. But you should know, I am very proud of you. Quite a boost of confidence, I think I saw."

Trixie nodded. "I wouldn't say that..."

"Lets just not worry too much about it, okay? We still have some daylight left!"

"O-Okay," Trixie replied, grabbing her things.

Once Trixie had settled down, both she and Adagio walked down another part of the mall. Eyes forward, not even looking back to the direction where Click Bait and her groupies went. They certainly weren't going to waste any more time with them. But there was still a little something that lingered on Adagio's mind...

"Um, Trixie? You don't think I'm... well... a whore?"

Trixie stopped. "What? No! Do you want to be with other people for their looks and bodies?"

"Heavens no. I have all I need. Besides, the only person I want to be that close with... is you," Adagio smiled, kissing her cheek.

Trixie blushed. "Oh Dagi... really?"

"Mmmhmm," Adagio smiled.

She took a few steps forward while Trixie stopped for a moment in thought. Trixie was smiling. Even after their run in, she still liked her. She really meant what she said. Adagio did love Trixie more than ever.

Adagio's hips swayed side to side as she walked forward. She stopped in her tracks, and put her hands on her hips, looking back at Trixie. Smirking with a racy grin, she bent over slightly while staring back at Trixie.

"Well Trixie?"

Trixie shook her head, waking up. She looked at Adagio with a sharp blush on her face.

"Um... did you say something? I'm afraid I didn't hear it," Trixie blushed profusely. Adagio only giggled some more. So cute!

"Well, I wanted to ask if maybe you were still interested in having a sleepover. I would love to play that Tirek game with you," Adagio asked.

Trixie squeaked. "I'd love to!"

Adagio laughed. "I thought so. Now come on, I'd like to stop for some ice cream first."

"Right behind you!"

Catching up to her taller than ever girlfriend, Adagio wrapped her arm around her side, interlocking her fingers with Trixie's hand. And with her girlfriend held, hand in hand, the two of them walked by without a worry. But Adagio smirked as she looked back to Trixie's blushing face again.

"Trixie. Were you staring at my butt?"

Comments ( 13 )
CSC
CSC #1 · Jul 1st, 2018 · · ·

Goooooooooo Trixie!!!!

I love it! (Rarity like squeaking ensues)

Please tell me you have a sequel(s) planned.

9019299

Mmmhmm. I've got a lot more of Trixie and Dagi one-shots planned :raritywink:

9019301
Awesome. I love the Dazzlings, and I've always been a fan of EG Trixie.

So 20,000% lovely.

Oh hey, you used one of my ideas! :pinkiehappy:

Such a sweet story! Trixie may be a nerd, but she's a badass when it comes to standing up for her girlfriend! :twilightsmile:

This was quite enjoyable. I really liked it!

Glad to see you used the "pure pleasure" line. :rainbowlaugh: That was a joy.

And also, great name for our would-be antagonist. Click Bait. The name really does say it all!

You have improved a lot. This is vastly superior to the Transformers series you did. Plenty of time to flesh things out and good pacing. Love it. A+

9019571

Thanks! :twilightsmile:

Mind leavin' a like? :twilightblush:

It's a official, Trixie is not only, out of her shell. She shatter out of it!

I needed more of this.

Maybe on their next outing, they'll run into one of the Rainbooms?

Very, very sweet story. Trixie beating Click Bait was beautiful.

Click Bait and Valencia Vignette.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeepic RapBattlesof Equestria! BEGIN!

Login or register to comment