• Published 19th May 2018
  • 5,108 Views, 673 Comments

Pokémon: Harmony and Chaos - Banshee531



Welcome to the Equestria Region, a land of Pokémon. Here, one young boy will begin his quest to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer ever known. With his partner Springer, he'll make new friends, rivals, and enemies on this brand new adventure.

  • ...
6
 673
 5,108

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's New Rival

The people of Bales Town were used to seeing many strange people in their fair village. Being the perfect rest stop between one Gym hosting city and another, they often found many trainers arriving there to rest their tired bones. Each trainer was different from the last, all usually holding some unique quality to them. Fair to say, many of them believed they had seen it all.

However, despite all this, that illusion was shattered when they now saw the sight of a sixteen year old girl actually skipping towards Bales Town Library. It was Twilight Sparkle, who had a massive grin on her face and images of books literally in her eyes. "It's finally time!" she cheered as she hopped around like a cheerleader on her way to the library.

At the same time and just a few feet away from them, were the rest of her friends. The three males along with their Riolu and Terragon, were now trying to hide their faces from view. The youngest of them let out a whine, "This is so embarrassing."

"Is she usually like this when it comes to books?" Doc asked Spike, only to get a long sigh in response.

"Only the ones she's never read before...which at this point is probably only half the books ever written."

"Terra..." Peewee whined as he slumped over Spike's head. Though she was only holding onto him for Spike, Twilight was still his trainer and the little dragon was currently way too embarrassed to admit it.

"Well, you can't fault her enthusiasm," Flash added as he chuckled at the sight. "And I'll admit that watching her get all giddy is kinda cute. Its like watching a kid get a new toy."

"Ri," Springer nodded in agreement.

With that, they now the building's roof come into view. The sight alone made Twilight's skipping evolve into a full-on dash, forcing the rest to run after her. But as they ran up a hill leading to the library, they all came to a stop when they saw a large crowd gathered outside the library.

Twilight grabbed the sides of her head, moaning as she glared back at her friends, "Noooo! We're too late! I told you guys we should have left earlier! Now we'll have to wait in line to get in..."

Everyone else rolled their eyes at hearing this, except for Doc as he stared at the crowd. He blinked a few times before pointing at the audience, "I don't think so Twilight. It looks to me like those people aren't here to go in the library."

"Well, why else would they be here?!" Twilight yelled back as she glared back at the crowd.

"Let's go find out," Flash replied as he walked past her, the others soon following. As they got closer to the library, they realized Doc was right. The crowd was not gathered around the library, and were instead staring at some kind of travel cart just outside the building. Our heroes quickly made their way through the crowd, soon arriving at the front to watch the show unfold.

From out of the cart, a voice was projected over the people. "Come one, come all, and witness the amazing magic of the Great and Powerful TRIXIE!" The cart then shot open and morphed into a full stage, a puff of smoke following as the voice's owner appeared within the fog. It was a girl Twilight's age with blue skin along with light blue and white hair. She wore a dark blue hoodie with light blue star patterns along with a purple skirt with blue sparkles at the bottom. Blue and purple knee high boots were the last piece of her ensemble as a purple cape and magician's hat, which was covered in stars of different colors and sizes adorned the rest of the self.

The girl then bowed as fireworks went off behind her. "Hello everyone. You all look like an amazing audience." She took off her cloak before holding it up to the side of her, quickly yanking it away to reveal a table. She then took off her hat and showed the empty insides to the audience before placing it on the table. With that, she then lifted it up, only to reveal a Pokeball. "I'd like you all to meet my lovely assistant, Wizentice!"

With that, the Pokeball opened and released a blast of red energy. That energy took shape before fading to reveal a Pokémon that was roughly the same size as Springer. It was humanoid and wore a coat that was the same color as Trixie's cape and hat, which kept the rest of its body hidden. It's skin appeared to be light blue, though it was hard to tell due to most of its head being hidden thanks to a mask that covered its mouth along with a wizard's hat that looked a little big for its head. These two pieces of clothing kept all but the area around it's eyes hidden and in its hands was a small wooden magician's wand. "Wizentice!" it cheered as it spun around while twirling its wand before bowing to the crowd.

"Wizentice, huh? Never seen that one before..." Flash commented as he pulled out his Pokedex.

Name: Wizentice
Category: Magic Trick Pokémon
Type: Psychic
Info: An amateur magician who uses its psychic abilities to preform illusions. Many Wizentice like to work together to increase the power of their magic.

"Cool," Spike gasped as they watched Trixie and Wizentice begin their act.

"Yeah..." Twilight growled as she looked back at the building nearby, "but I'm sure she can't be allowed to preform so close to the library." She then looked around and spotted an Officer Hard Case, who was watching the show with a Pokémon she recognized as a Leafeon. She took in a breath before stepping over to the officer, "Excuse me sir. Surely this can't be allowed. Not so close to the library."

Hard Case turned towards her with a raised eyebrow before shaking his head. "Sorry kid, but I already checked. She has a permit to perform here. If you want her to move, you're gonna have to ask her yourself."

Twilight went wide-eyed before letting out a super long moan before turning to the performer with pure anger on her face. However, the magician didn't see her and instead put her cape on the stage's table. "Watch and be amazed everyone. Wizentice, will you do the honors?"

"Wiz!" The Pokémon tapped its wand on the cape before lifting it up, causing the cape to morph into a square shape.

"Behold!" Trixie yelled as she pulled off the cape, revealing a white box on the table. "Please, hold your applause." She and Wizentice both tabbed the box with their wands, "until you see...the Butterfree!" In that moment, the box's top flew open, immediately shooting out several Butterfree.

Everyone quickly started clapping at the sight, Flash, Spike, Doc, Springer and Peewee included. The only one not impressed was Twilight, who rolled her eyes before turning away from the stage. "Forget it. I'm gonna go do what we came here to do."

"Yeah sure. Have fun doing....whatever it is you're gonna do." Flash said as he kept staring at the stage, not even paying attention to what he was replying to.

Twilight let out a huff as she pushed through the crowd, soon entering the library's front doors. Here, she saw that the place was completely deserted. But where most would grimace at the sight of no one around, she just drooled at the sight. The place was jam packed with bookshelves, which were about ten feet tall and twenty feet long. "Wow...way better than a silly magic show." she gasped as she tip-toed inside, only to spot several other people in the library, all with scowls on their faces. Obviously, they didn't appreciate the performance going on outside either, but were forced to ignore it and keep reading.

She then spotted a reception desk, where a woman wearing the usual librarian and glasses could be seen reading. She had the biggest frown of them all, showing she likely had the least amount of patience for the loud sounds of gasps, applause and explosions happening outside. Seeing this, Twilight went up to desk, "Excuse me. I was wondering if there were any books you could recommend I try out?"

The woman looked up at her with a huge smile, "That depends. Any particular field of study you're interested in?"

"Too many to count," Twilight replied as drool tried to get out of her mouth. " I wanna know everything. That's why I'm asking what you'd suggest."

The woman began to think of an answer, only for another voice to speak up, "Might I suggest Equestrian Mythology?" Hearing this, Twilight spun around to see the owner of the voice. It was a man who was roughly Professor Celestia's age with red eyes, gray skin and black hair. He was wearing a white shirt with a red vest and tie under a black jacket with black pants. The man smiled at the girl, "that's always a subject many find fascinating, and this library has many books on the subject."

Twilight's eyes shined at the idea. "Oooohhh...that sounds like an awesome start." She then reached out her hand, which he shook with vigor, "Thank you. I'm Twilight Sparkle."

The man chuckled back. "You can call me Sombra."

Twilight nodded before turning to the librarian, who told her that the books would be on the third floor's mythology section. Hearing this, Twilight pulled out a Pokeball, "I'm sorry, but I just remembered something. Is it true that Pokémon are allowed to read in here as well?"

The librarian nodded at this. "As long as they behave themselves, all creatures are free to read whatever they like."

Twilight's smile somehow kept growing at this point. "Alright then, come on out Owlicious." The Pokeball opened and released the Owl Pokémon, who let out a happy hoot. "Come on Owlicious, let's go find the best book we can find on Equestrian Mythology."

"Psy!" Owlicious replied as he landed on his trainer's head.

"Let's go!" Twilight cheered as they went up the stairs.

Sombra blinked at the sight, only for his ears to hear the receptionist ask, "Did you find what you were looking for sir?"

Sombra smiled as he turned back to her, "Not yet, but I'm sure that'll change soon enough."

Twilight and Owlicious soon arrived on the third floor, the two panting heavily from rushing up the stairs. Twilight then looked up at her partner Pokémon and moaned, "What are you so exhausted for?! How could you be tired from just sitting on my head?!" The Psychick just shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever. Let's just get searching for the best book we can find. You go high and I'll go low."

"Psy," Owlicious nodded before jumping off her head and flying towards the mythology section of the library. The two then began their search, looking for anything that might interest them. After several minutes, Owlicious found a particularly thick book situated on the very top shelf of the bookcase. Its title on the spine read, 'Legends and Myths of Equestria'. He had a feeling this was exactly what his trainer would be interested in and flew off to find her, spotting her reading the a book on Johto Pokémon mythology.

"Psy," he said to try and catch her attention.

Twilight look up at him. "What's up? Find something you think might be interesting?" When she saw him nod, she put the book back into the shelf before following him. When they arrived, Owlicious used his claws to carefully pull out the book. When it was far enough over the edge, gravity took over and he accidently lost his grip on it. A yelp followed as the book hit Twilight's head, a moan coming next as she rubbed her head in pain, "Ow..." She then glared up at Owlicious, who was now trying to hide his face behind his wing. "Thanks a lot."

"Psy..."

Twilight shook her head at the book, soon kneeling down to pick up the book. Turns out, it was a large tome, which made a huge thump when she put it on the nearby table. "Whatever's in here, it better be good after all that." Twilight growled as she sat down with Owlicious landing on her shoulder.

Despite the weight of the tome, Twilight's hand were instant as she opened the book. As she did this, a volley of dust appeared as Twilight stared at the words inside, soon noticing that they were in a dialect that had not been used in centuries. But this meant nothing to Twilight, as she even knew this dialect from her studies with Professor Celestia. She then began to read aloud:

In the beginning, there existed only energy, both positive and negative. These two energies were in a perfectly equal balance, one that was never meant to be broken. But as with all things, an imbalance occurred one day. This imbalance caused the positive and negative energies to merge, creating life.

From this fusion came a single egg, which hatched into the original one.

"Arceus," Twilight whispered as she put her hand over her mouth. She had read stories of the Alpha Pokémon, but none of them seemed to hold much information. In fact, the only reason she was not skipping to another section of the book was because it mentioned the Sinnoh legend despite this book being about Equestrian mythology.

This original one soon grew lonely, thus it used its omnipotent power to create three new beings. Two of these beings were endowed with the power of space and time, while the third grew violent and forced the original one to banish it to a world of contradictions.

But unbeknownst to the original one and its minions, energy from the fusion that gave the original one life still remained. A second reaction took place, causing the merged energies to split apart and take new forms. The positive energy created a being of harmony, who wished to only see the world at peace. However, the negative energy created a being of chaos, an individual that wished to see conflict and turmoil reign.

With their differing ideologies, the creatures of harmony and chaos could not allow the other to remain. They clashed, their battle raging across the land until finally, harmony stood victorious over chaos. But knowing the chaos would not stop, harmony sealed it within another realm, the act depleting the power of harmony.

Knowing the chaos would one day reawaken, harmony sealed itself away to rest and regain its power. But before it did, it created three heralds to watch over and protect the world that would grow in its absence. And when the chaos returned, they would call upon their master to stop it.

And so the cycle of chaos and harmony began.

Every thousand years, the chaos would awaken and rampage across the land, but then harmony would awaken and be shown to the chaos by its heralds. There, it would once again subdue and seal the chaos away before returning to its sleep.

"Wow..." Twilight gasped as her eyes scanned over those words again.

"Good book?" Twilight blinked before looking up to see Sombra smiling down at her.

She quickly nodded, "Yes, it is. It's about these two Pokémon, one good and one evil, who battled for the fate of our world." She quickly recounted the story, making Sombra's smile grow when she got to the part she had stopped at.

"Quite an interesting story," Sombra told her as he sat down. "But I think you're being a bit judgmental when you call the creature of chaos evil."

Twilight tilted her head at that. "But...what else would you call something that destroys everything it comes across?"

Sombra tapped his chin in thought for a moment, trying to come up with a good term for it. He then snapped his fingers as he looked back at her. "Progress," he then saw Twilight raise an eyebrow in confusion, making him smirk as he continued. "Sometimes, in order for something new to come about, something old must be removed to force it to change. Think of it like....building a house. Before you can build it, you have to prepare the ground by making it flat and removing anything that might get in the way of the build."

Twilight glanced at Owlicious, the two giving each other a questioning look before glancing back at Sombra, "Huh. I...I guess that makes sense."

Seeing her response, Sombra tapped the book before continuing, "It seems that book left out a lot of the details needed to really understand the story, like what happened in the thousand years between the battles. Maybe mankind would begin to build itself up before stopping once their comfortable, only for the chaos to come in and pull the rug under them. Perhaps it destroyed what they had, forcing mankind to rebuild, which allowed them to make it bigger and better than before."

Twilight blinked at the response, her eyes showing nothing but wonder. "Wow...I would have never guessed." She then turned back to the book before giving Sombra a smirk, "Say, why don't we keep reading and see what else happens?"

Sombra gave her a nod, the two soon looking over the tome.

For a millennium, the cycle of harmony and chaos continued. But then something new appeared.

A new being, one of catastrophe appeared. From where it came is still unknown, but this new being only wished for everything around it to end. It rampaged, causing mayhem and devastation in its wake. The heralds of harmony tried to stop it, but they could not. They needed its master, but had no way to summon it.

And so the being of catastrophe continued its reign of terror until three young humans stood against it. Standing in defiance of the catastrophe, their courage became a beacon that awakened the harmony and chaos. The harmony, who didn't wish to see the pain the catastrophe had caused and the chaos, who saw no point in causing chaos without others alive to experience it, worked together to subdue the beast. Uniting their powers, they sealed it away and restored order to the world.

But as they won, they feared that another danger to the world could appear. And so, the harmony and the chaos created an artefact that would allow those worthy to summon them should they be needed. This artefact, took the shape of a beautiful-

KABOOM!

"Eeep!" Twilight yelped as she, Owlicious and Sombra hopped in their seats from the noise. They then turned to a nearby window, only to see a spray of fireworks lighting the sky.

The sight made Twilight's left eye twitch in anger. Seeing this, Sombra opened his mouth, only to see Twilight slam her hands on the table in anger. "Oh, that is it! She has no right to make that much noise near a library!" She then stood up with both hands clenching into fists, her Pokémon almost falling off her shoulder as she stared at the stairs leading to the library's exit. "I'm gonna give that library disruptor a piece of my mind and make her leave, or I'm gonna shove that cape of hers down her gullet!"

"Psy, Psychick!" Owlicious hooted in agreement as he pointed ahead.

Sombra chuckled at her statement. "I'm glad to see someone cares about learning enough to defend it."

"Oh, I'll defend it alright," Twilight hissed before glaring back at Sombra. "Make sure to keep the spot we were up to bookmarked. I want to get back to it as soon as I deal with her."

"Will do," Sombra replied as he turned back to the book. He then looked over his shoulder, soon noticing Twilight disappear down the stairs. Seeing this, his smile turned to a dark grin as he looked down at the book again. "Now then, tell me more about the artefact that can summon two legendary Pokémon."


Back outside, Trixie and Wizentice were still amazing the crowd.

"Behold..." she said as she once again showed the audience her empty hat. She then held it above Wizentice, who was standing on the table, and quickly covered him with it. Seconds later, she lifted it to reveal the Pokémon was gone along with showing that the inside of the hat was empty. "Be amazed, as the great and powerful Trixie has sent her assistant to another world...never to be seen again."

The younger members of the audience gasped at this while the older ones smirked at the girl's showmanship.

Trixie chuckled to herself as she put her hat back on the table. "Do not worry everyone, for Trixie is a merciful magician. But as Trixie is that kind of magician, she will need a little help to bring back Wizentice." She waved her wand at the audience, "the lot of you must stare at the hat with all your might while picturing Wizentice in your minds. That will allow Trixie to return him to our world. Ready?"

"YEAH!" The younger children all cheered as they stared at the hat.

"Alright. On three everyone. One, two, three!" She tapped the hat with her wand before lifting it up, revealing nothing beneath. "Oh my...it seems the great and powerful Trixie's assistant likes where he is right now." Trixie then rubbed her chin. "Hmmm...maybe if Trixie does the spell again, Trixie's audience should also ask Wizentice to come back. How does that sound everyone?"

The audience all nodded as Trixie placed the hat back on the table. "Alright, Trixie will once again count. On three, the lot of you cry out as loud as you can and say, 'Wizentice, please come back.' Ready?" The audience all nodded again. "Then one, two...three."

"WIZENTICE! PLEASE COME BACK!" Trixie tapped the hat with her wand before lifting, revealing Wizentice as she did.

"WIZ!" Wizentice cheered happily as it made a dramatic pose.

The audience all clapped happily as Trixie and Wizentice bowed in response. "Thank you, thank you. You've been a wonderful audience. Trixie and Wizentice appreciate your applause." Fireworks went off once again, causing another round of noisy explosions.

And as that noise rang out, a new voice screamed above the sound. "HEY!" The audience all turned towards the voice, only to see Twilight marching over to the stairs leading onto the stage.

"Oh boy..." Flash gulped.

"This isn't gonna go well," Spike added.

"Shouldn't we do something?" Doc asked.

"You wanna get in the middle of that?" Flash replied as he pointed at Twilight, the look of anger on her face reminding him of when she got mad at Riptide for not going in his pokeball.

"Good point..." Doc grimaced. "Thought I have a feeling this won't end well."

Up on stage, Trixie scanned Twilight over, tilting her head at the girl, "Can Trixie help you?"

"Surprisingly, yes." Twilight hissed as she pointed at the performer. "You can move your noisy act away from the library! You're interrupting a lot of people who are trying to read."

"Psychick!" Owlicious roared in agreement.

Trixie just raised an eyebrow at this, only to then let out a giggle. "You can't be serious. Its not my fault they can't appreciate a grand performance. If they can't read, maybe they should just come out and enjoy themselves." Trixie then shined a big, cocky grin. "They can't actually believe that reading some dusty old scraps of paper is more entertaining then watching moi."

Spike's eyes shrunk at this, a gulp going down his throat. "Oh no. She definitely shouldn't have said that."

He was right, mainly due to the slight fire about to appear in Twilight's hair along with her eyes twitching. "Dusty old scraps of paper?" She said in a deep whisper, "you have no idea how important those so-called scraps of paper are."

"Important?" Trixie let out a loud laugh, "Oh please. What importance could they possibly hold? They're just words on paper, nothing more." Everyone watched as Twilight's anger began to rise more and more, only for Trixie to make her biggest mistake yet. "Honestly, I could burn that smelly old library to the ground and the world would probably be better off with it."

"THAT'S IT!"

"PSYCHICK!"

Everyone in the audience flinched away from the girl, scared of what might happen next. "I don't care if you don't like or appreciate books, but don't you ever threaten them!" Twilight roared, a series of pants following. "Books might seem pointless to you, but they represent mankind's greatest achievement, the written word. They represent the birth of reason and logic, which evolved into the world we have today. Pokeballs, health care, even those precious fireworks you love so much could have never been created if someone hadn't had an idea and wrote them down."

Everyone in the audience all blinked at her response, only to turn to Trixie, who just crossed her arms and rolled her eyes as Wizentice mimicked her. "Yeah, so what? It's not like they need that now. We've got computers for all that stuff."

Twilight's teeth were now gritting as she pointed at the magician. "If you won't understand, I'll make you! Battle me!" she yelled, making everyone, including Trixie, hop in place in surprise. "If I win, you have to move your performance away from the library."

Trixie raised an eyebrow at this before smiling. "You sure you wanna do that? The great and powerful Trixie is more than just a great magician." She reached into her hat and pulled out a case similar to the one Flash had, which she then opened. Inside the case were two metal objects Twilight instantly recognised.

"She's got two badges." Spike gasped as her pointed at Trixie now. "That's more than Flash!"

"That means she must be a skilled trainer," Doc added.

Flash's gaze shifted between the two girls. "Wonder what Twilight's gonna do now?"

Twilight was about to backpedal at this, unsure what to do now. But as she did this, her Pokémon nudged the side of her face, making her turn to him. "Psy." the owl responded, pure determination in his eyes.

"You sure?" Owlicious nodded, making her nod as well as she turned back to Trixie, "Alright....we're still in. Let's do this."

Trixie smirked as she shut her badge case and put it back in her hat. "You'll be sorry you did that."


The entire audience moved away from the library, all of them now in an open grassy area where the battle could take place without any problems. The people watching made a circle around the two trainers, both of them staring each other down as Doc stepped into the middle. "If you don't mind, I'll act as referee." Both girls nodded in agreement. "Alright, this will be a one on one battle between Twilight and her Psychick and Trixie and her Wizentice. Neither player may substitute Pokémon and the battle will be over when I declare one of either sides Pokémon are unable to battle. Is that understood?"

"Yes," Twilight replied.

"Absolutely," Trixie added.

From the sidelines, Flash, Springer, Spike and Peewee watched in worry. Flash blinked at the sight, a big frown on his face, "This is it, Twilight's first solo battle. I'm really not sure if she's ready."

"Ri," Springer nodded.

Spike looked up at him in confusion. "But she's battled before. Won't she be okay?"

Flash shook her head. "She's had some practice matches on her own, and had some battles alongside me and Doc...but she's never had a serious battle on her own. This is the first time she's gonna be battling to win without our help." He looked over at Trixie. "And if she's managed to win two badges, her battle experience will definitely be more then Twilights."

"So Twilight's at a disadvantage?"

"Terr..." Peewee hissed in concern.

"We'll just have to wait and find out buddy." Flash replied as he scratched the side of his head.

"Ri," Springer added.

Twilight turned to the Psychick on her shoulder. "You ready?"

"Psy," Owlicious nodded.

"Alright then Owlicious, I choose you!" Owlicious rushed up her arm before jumping off, flying onto the field and hovering in place.

"The great and powerful Trixie sends out Wizentice!" Trixie cheered as her Pokémon rushed out onto the field.

The two Pokémon stared each other down as Doc nodded at the sight before raising his arms, "Alright, battle begin!"

"Wizentice, use your Swift attack!"

"Wiz!" Wizentice took off its hat, revealing a tuft of blond hair that it pointed at Owlicious. Seconds later, a flurry of stars flew out of the hat the shot towards the Psychick.

"Psy?" Owlicious yelped before he was barraged by the stars, staggering back from the attack.

"Owlicious!" Twilight cried out, but before she could come up with a counter-

"Psybeam!" Trixie ordered as Wizentice pointed its staff at Owlicious, unleashing a burst of multicolored light at the owl.

As she saw her Pokémon get hit, Twilight could feel the panic take over. She knew it wouldn't help, but she couldn't help it. However, as she felt this, she remembered what she had learned from watching Flash and Doc battle along with her own training. She then slapped the sides of her face, putting her head back on track as she then yelled, "Owlicious! Jump back and open your wings!"

"Psychick!" Owlicious did as he was told, causing the Psybeam to hit the ground in front of him and explode. The up-draft caught his wings and lifted him into the air, safely out of harms way.

Twilight smiled at this, happy her plan had worked. "Alright! Now, use Peck!" She watched as Owlicious flew down and shot towards Wizentice, his beak glowing as he started striking the magic trick Pokémon with it.

"Wiz!" Wizentice flinched as it was assaulted by the sharp beak.

Trixie growled at this. "Use Teleport!" Everyone watched as Wizentice opened its eyes before suddenly disappearing from sight, forcing Owlicious to stop his attack and look around. "Psybeam!" Before he could react, the beam of multicolored light struck him in the back and sent him flying. As the owl skid across the ground, Wizentice shined a smile as he blew the smoke off the tip of its wand.

"That Wizentice can use Teleport?" Twilight asked in shock.

"Guess now we know how she pulled off that disappearing act," Flash added.

Twilight looked up at Owlicious and saw he had recovered, "Okay....use Sky Drop!"

"Psy!" Owlicious zoomed over to Wizentice, grabbing it with his talons before flying it up into the air, where it spun forwards and released him.

"Teleport!" Trixie ordered, causing the still falling Wizentice to look at the ground before disappearing once again. This time, it reappeared on the ground, not a scratch on its body from the attack.

"Awww man," Spike groaned. "How's Twilight supposed to beat that thing if it can just teleport away?!"

"Terr," Peewee agreed.

"Good question," Flash replied as he looked back at Twilight. "And one I hope Twilight can find the answer too."

Twilight blinked at the sight of Wizentice reappearing, only for a bulb to go off in her head, "Hmmm...maybe that could work. Okay Owlicious, use Peck again!"

"Psy!" Owlicious cried before flying down towards Wizentice, its beak once again glowing.

"Keep using Teleport!" Trixie told her Pokémon, who nodded before looking away and disappearing.

The Psychick stopped its attack, only to then hear its trainer call out, "Its behind you! Use Peck again!"

"Psy!" Owlicious spun around to see Wizentice, who it shot towards, only for it to disappear.

"To the right," Twilight ordered as Owlicious turned to the right, just in time as Wizentice to appear before getting pecked.

"Wiz!" The Pokémon cried in pain as the beak struck its chest.

"Whoa!" Spike gasped as he pointed at the owl Pokémon. "How'd Twilight figure that out?!"

Before Flash could respond, Twilight let out another order, "Now, flap your wings as hard as you can! Kick up some dust!"

"Psy!" Owlicious flapped them, creating a dust cloud that covered the whole area.

"Sky Drop!" Twilight watched as Owlicious shot towards Wizentice, grabbing it in his talons before once again lifting it into the air. There, he once again spun around before releasing Wizentice towards the dust cloud.

"Won't Wizentice just Teleport away?" One of the crowd asked, only to see the Pokémon continue to fall.

"WIZ!" Wizentice cried as it hit the ground like a rock, more dust piling up from the rough landing.

Everyone was amazed by this, a series of gasps following the move. "Why didn't it warp away?" Another person in the audience asked as the dust settled to show Wizentice trying to pick itself up.

Twilight turned to Trixie with a big smirk. "You wanna tell them, or should I?"

Trixie frowned before letting out a huge sigh. "Oh, go ahead. Trixie would hate to step on your big moment."

Twilight giggled at this before turning to the crowd. "Its simple really. Wizentice needs to visualize where its teleporting too, meaning it needs to see where its going to warp. In your magic act, it's probably warps someplace in its memories, so it doesn't need that. But in a place it doesn't know, it needs to see."

"So Twilight took away Wizentice's sight by making that dust cloud." Flash added as he kept glancing at the two girls.

Doc nodded in agreement. "And she knew where Wizentice was gonna warp to by watching where it looked before disappearing."

"Alright!" Spike cheered, Peewee mimicking him. "Twilight's got the upper hand now!"

"Maybe...but that girl wouldn't have two badges if she could be beaten so easily. This battle's just getting started, and Twilight needs to be careful if she doesn't want to end up losing."

Trixie watched as Wizentice picked itself up, then turned to Twilight with a smirk on her face. "I'll admit, you catch on quickly. Our teleport tactic isn't something that's usually beaten so quickly."

Twilight smiled as Owlicious flew down in front of her. "I'm a quick study."

"Well let's see if you figure out how to beat this next trick," Trixie replied as she pointed at Twilight's Pokémon. "Wizentice...Power Trap!"

Twilight, Doc and several members of the crowd's eyes went wide at hearing this. They then watched Wizentice fire a purple sphere of light from its wand. "Move Owlicious!" Twilight cried, but it was too late. The sphere then struck the Psychick, exploding and enveloping him in the light. Everyone watched as Owlicious started to glow purple.

"What's Power Trap?" Spike asked.

"No idea," Flash replied.

Doc shook his head at this before pointing at Wizentice, "Power Trap is a move that locks onto a single move in the target's move set and forces them to only use that attack."

"So Owlicious can only use one move?" Spike asked in concern.

Doc nodded. "Indeed. The question is, which move?"

Twilight looked at her Psychick with worry plastering itself all over her face. "Owlicious, try and use Peck."

"Psy," he tried to, but instead of his beak glowing, his whole body glowed bright pink for a moment.

Twilight's eyes went wide as she recognized that move. "Oh no. Power Trap's forcing him to use Calm Mind."

"That's not good," Flash added as he remembered what Twilight had told him about that move. She had told him that it was useless since Owlicious didn't know any special attacks.

Trixie just laughed at the sight. "Looks like the great and powerful Trixie just got a lucky break. Wizentice, use Swift." Her Pokémon took off its hat and unleashed the volley of stars at the owl again. The Psychick tried to fly away, but the stars simply followed him, striking him with full force.

"Owlicious!" Twilight cried as she watched her partner get hit, pain surging as the owl had no way of fighting back.

Trixie continued to laugh as she pointed at Owlicious. "Oh, this is too easy! Now, use Psybeam!"

As Wizentice charged up its attack, Twilight looked at Owlicious, her fist clenching with determination. "Keep trying to use Peck. Power Trap will fade eventually."

"Psy," Owlicious nodded as he tried again, only to glow bright pink once again. Seconds later, the Psybeam flew at him, but he managed to dodge it before trying to use Peck again. But Calm Mind happened once more, annoying Owlicious as he once again dodged another Psybeam.

"Swift!" He heard Trixie say as he tried to use Peck again, only to glow pink once more.

"This isn't working," Spike said as they watched the stars strike Owlicious. "Owlicious is stuck taking a beating."

"Well, Twilight doesn't have much more choice," Flash replied. "She needs to hold out until Power Trap wears off."

"Swift once more!" The stars shot at Owlicious once again, all of them striking like a fury of stinging needles.

"PSYCHICK!" Owlicious cried as he fell to the ground with a thud.

"NO!" Twilight screamed.

Everyone watched in horror as Owlicious tried to pick itself up, its body wavering back and forth in obvious pain. Doc was having a hard time watching this as well, a part of him wanting to call the battle over.

"Come on Owlicious," Spike whispered.

Flash then stood up and yelled, "Don't give up yet Twilight! You too Owlicious!"

Watching the Psychick try to get up, Trixie let out a long sigh. "Just give it up already. You know you've lost, so why put your Pokémon through anymore pain?"

It was that Twilight was starting to agree with her. She looked down at her loyal Pokémon, watching it stumble around in pain. But as it did, he looked back up at her and yelled, "Psy! Psychick!" She then saw him shake his head, telling her he was not ready to quit. She then turned to her friends, who all nodded at her, which she nodded back at.

She turned back to Trixie. "No way. I'm not gonna give up. Not now, not ever! Even if it looks like I have no chance, I'll battle until the very end. Because...that's what a real trainer does!"

"PSYCHICK!" Owlicious cried as the light surrounding him exploded, his body showing its original color now.

"Yes! Power Trap wore off!" Twilight cheered, "Let's do this Owlicious!"

"PSYCHICK!" Owlicious yelled, only for its eyes to suddenly glow light blue before a pair of light beams shoot out of them, combining into one before flying at Wizentice.

BOOM!

"WIZ!" The magician cried as it was struck by the sudden counterattack.

"What...what that?" Spike asked as he blinked at the sight.

"I think Owlicious just learned a new move," Flash guessed.

"Ri," Springer added in amazement.

Twilight was equally amazed. "That was...Confusion," her shock turned to joy. "YES! Owlicious, you learned Confusion!"

"Psy!" Owlicious cheered.

Doc's eyebrows raised at this. "Not only that, with all those Calm Minds he was forced to use, the power of Confusion is supercharged."

Trixie didn't like the sound of that. "Um...maybe we should call this a draw?"

Twilight just shined another smirk. "Not a chance. Owlicious, use Peck!" Her Psychick shot towards the still recovering Wizentise, his beak glowing.

"Teleport!" Trixie ordered, Wizentice just barely managing to warp itself away as Owlicious flew past where he had been.

"Behind you! Use Confusion!"

"Hoo!" Owlicious stopped in midair as its head spun and shot the beam, instantly striking the reappearing Wizentice.

"WIZ!" It cried as it fell back.

"Now...SKY DROP!" Twilight yelled as Owlicious grabbed Wizentice before it could recover, shooting into the air at high speed before spinning like a top. As it did this, dizziness began to settle in as Wizentice spun with the owl, only to be released mid-spin. As Owlicious did this, Trixie continued to yell out to Wizentice, trying to tell it teleport. But the dizziness was too much and it fell like a rock, soon striking the ground with a cloud of dust following the impact. And as the dust settled, everyone then saw Wizentice in a crater, swirls in its eyes.

"Wizentice is unable to battle," Doc declared as he lifted his arm, "The winner is Psychick. Victory goes to Twilight."

The crowd all cheered as Twilight blushed at the praise. Owlicious then landed on her head, which she gave him a huge smile, "Great work."

"Psy," he replied happily.

"That was awesome Twilight," Spike said as he and the others walked up to her.

"Thanks. It was touch and go for a while there."

"Owlicious learning Confusion really helped," Doc told her.

"Yeah it did," Twilight replied before turning to Trixie. The magician was returning Wizentice, a frown covering her face. She then looked up at Twilight, whose arms were crossed. "I won, so you have to move your show somewhere else."

Trixie let out a long sigh at this. "Ugh...very well, Trixie will relocate her extravaganza someplace else."


With the battle over and Trixie leaving, the crowd slowly began to disperse as the magician, Twilight and her friends returned to her stage. Trixie quickly packed everything up and then pulled out a pokeball, "Girafarig, come on out!" She opened the ball and unleashed a brown and yellow giraffe Pokémon, which had a tail that looked like it could bite you.

"Girafa," it said before Trixie hooked the cart up to it.

Trixie then turned to Twilight, "Trixie may have lost this time, but the next time will be different. Mark my words, the great and powerful Trixie will not be defeated a second time."

"Sure," Twilight said as she crossed her arms with a smirk, "I'll be happy to battle you the next time we meet."

"Oh, you will," Trixie then reached into her pocket and pulled out some pellets. "The next time we see each other!" She threw the pellets to the ground, causing a large smokescreen to appear and blind everyone. They coughed and fanned the smoke away, only for it to fade and show that Trixie was still trying to pull Girafarig and the cart away. This caused Trixie to turn to them and laugh nervously. "Okay, not the next time we see each other."

Girafarig then began to move, suddenly dragging Trixie with it. "Until we meet again!" She cried as she was pulled down the road.

The group all laughed at this as Twilight turned back to the library. The spectacled girl and her Psychick then sighed in relief as they returned to the third floor of the library, now ready to get back to their book while Flash and the others decided to explore the rest of the town. But as they got back to where they had been sitting, both Sombra and the book were gone. "What the...where's Sombra?" She asked as she looked around, only to find nothing.


On the road leading out of town, Sombra was staring down at Twilight's book, his mind completely focused. "Finally...I finally have the information I've been seeking."

"EXCUSE ME!" He spun around just in time to see a Girafarig pulling a cart racing towards him. He quickly jumped out of the way as the Pokémon rushed past him. There, he spotted a teen girl being dragged by the reigns. "Trixie apologies!" He heard her cry before she, the cart and Girafarig disappeared down the road.

Sombra raised an eyebrow at this, but simply shrugged as he reopened the book. He flipped to the page right after the one Twilight had been reading, where an image could be seen. It was a drawing of a heart, which looked to be made out of some kind of rock that was giving off the most unnatural light. The sight made Sombra's face shine the biggest grin possible. "All I need to do is find this artefact and the temple. Then, infinite power will be mine."

Author's Note:

Man am I weird. I got Trixie and Sombra into the story, before I got the rest of the main cast. Oh well.

Tell me what you think of the chapter and the mythology I've given the series.

Also, for those of you wondering why Flash didn't scan Girafarig, I've decided he's only gonna scan the Pokemon I've made or canon ones that are relevant to the plot.


Pokemon

Name: Wizentice
Design: A younger version of Wizardmon
Name: Wizard and Apprentice
Pronounced: Wiz-N-tiss

PreviousChapters Next