• Published 19th May 2018
  • 5,083 Views, 673 Comments

Pokémon: Harmony and Chaos - Banshee531



Welcome to the Equestria Region, a land of Pokémon. Here, one young boy will begin his quest to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer ever known. With his partner Springer, he'll make new friends, rivals, and enemies on this brand new adventure.

  • ...
6
 673
 5,083

PreviousChapters Next
Third Match Mayhem, Fourth Match Meltdown

Four battles had been fought so far. Flash and Springer had overcome Cold Forecast and her Snocicle, followed by Thunderbass and Elekid defeating Sweet Dreams and her Musharna. Then, a pair of victories that showed that the type of one's Pokémon doesn't guarantee victory as Applejack and Brawloey defeated Trixie and Magitual while Lightning and Sharazor defeated Micro Chips and his Electhor.

Now, our heroes were enjoying a short break between the battles to grab a bite to eat.

"ITADAKIMASU!" Flash, Springer, Spike, Rainbow, Pinkie and Trixie all cheered before chowing down on the burgers they had gotten from a vender. As soon as they finished that first bite, the whole group went teary-eyed.

"Wow...its so good!" Pinkie cried.

"Stadium food's always awesome!" Rainbow added.

"Oh yeah!" Spike finished.

Flash said nothing, simply enjoying his burger as he glanced down at Springer who was doing the same, and smiled. After the tough battle he'd been through, it was only right that he'd get to chow down and enjoy something like this. On another bench of the trainer's box, Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy were enjoying a less unhealthy meal.

"This salad is delicious," Rarity commented as she took a bite into some lettuce.

"I guess..." Twilight stared at her own salad, sighing. She and Fluttershy had been in line after Rarity, who had decided to be generous and get them their lunch as well. She had been hoping to get a burger or something like the others, but since Rarity took things into her own hands. "Though I wouldn't mind something a little more...filling."

"A girl needs to watch her waist darling," Rarity immediately replied. "The last thing you want is to battle while feeling all bloated."

"She has a point," Fluttershy added as she took a carrot out of her box and nibbled on it.

"Ya'll should have still asked Twilight what she wanted before getting it," Applejack said as she returned to the trainer box with her own lunch. She was sporting a burger wrapper as well, though her battle against Trixie had probably made her hungry. She then reached into her bag and pulled out a bunch of apples, tossing two to Twilight and Fluttershy. "Here, that should fill ya'll up a little more."

The two smiled before taking a bite, a bit drool now appearing under their lips, "Thanks," Twilight said after swallowing.

"No problem," Applejack tipped her hat. "And sorry about Rarity. She doesn't get that a battle tends to make yah burn more calories than apple bucking on a hot summer day."

The others all nodded as they continued to eat, while Rarity rolled her eyes. "I plan to level up my Pokémon, not my swim suit size, thank you very much."

In that moment, Doc returned from the concession stand with a hotdog in hand. He looked up at the megascreen, which was replaying images from the last battles. It was showed Flash's double Aura Sphere, Trixie's Psybeam Assault and Lightning's defeat of Micro. Soon his battle would be coming up, so he needed to be ready and well fuelled.

And as everyone finished, Present Mic and the professors returned to the commentators box. "YEAH BATTLE FANS! Welcome back! Hope you had a slamming good lunch break! Time to start off our second set of matches with battle five!" The megascreen switched from the replays to show images of Rarity and Rainbow. "Will these two lovely ladies please come out to the battlefield and show us what you're made of?!"

"Well!" Rainbow scrunched up her burger wrapper and tossed it behind her as she stood up, the wad of paper landing in a bin she hadn't even been looking at. "Time to show these guys why I'll be winning this whole thing!"

"I warned you before to not be so cocky," Rarity told her as she placed her salad box into a bin.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Rainbow waved away before holding out a hand to Rarity. "Let's both have a battle we can be proud of."

Rarity looked down at her hand and saw it was covered in burger grease, making her frown before holding out her hand and taking her opponent's finger. "Let's..." she quickly shook it before reaching into her pocket and pulling out some hand sanitizer and a cloth. She then walked off, leaving an extremely confused blinking Rainbow.

"What's up with her?" She asked, as Applejack started laughing.

"That's just the way she is. Don't mind her."

"If you say so," Rainbow yawned before heading out after Rarity. They both moved to oposite sides of the field, Rarity on the blue section and Rainbow on the red section.

Once there, Present Mic called out, "ALRIGHT! Now that both trainers are on the field, it's time to see who's gonna be picking their Pokémon first!" Everyone looked up at the megascreen as the roulette wheel appeared. The wheel began to spin as Mic turned to the professors, both nodding before pressing the button. The roulette then slowed down, soon landing on the blue section.

"Looks like Rarity's picking first, YEAH!"

"Very well," Rarity pulled a Pokeball out. "Opalescence," she spun on the spot, "it's battle time darling!" She tossed the ball into the air, opening up and releasing the red energy that faded to reveal the demon cat many of them feared.

"Line?" Opalescence moaned before sitting down and started licking its paw.

"Ha!" Rainbow guffawed as she pulled out her own Pokeball, "That lazy house Pokémon won't stand a chance against my Movine!" She tossed the ball into the air, soon revealing a familiar plant bug Pokémon.

"Mow!" it yelled as it flapped its leaf-like wings.

Mic: "Rarity's going with her Opeline, while Rainbow's picked Movine."

Celestia: "Type wise, neither of them will have the advantage in this battle."

Luna: "Maybe, but considering Movine can fly, I'd say it has a higher chance of success."

Mic: "Only one way to find out. In three!"

Professors and Crowd: "TWO!"

ALL: "ONE!"

Mic: "Battle...BEGIN!"

Rainbow pointed at the cat with a smirk, "We'll start the ball rolling and take that prissy little thing down in one shot! Silver Wind!"

"Mow..." Movine pulled its wings back before flapping them, "VINE!" What resulted was a move similar to Gust, except this winds was laced with several crescent moon shaped blades.

The gem cat Pokémon looked up from its grooming and saw the attack coming at full force. "Line!" It hissed as it suddenly jumped over the attack, every blade missing the kitten. It then glared at the Movine, hissing even louder than before while Rarity now smirked.

"Now she's done it," Applejack grumbled with crossed arms. "Opal might not like to battle, but if you cross her, you'll be in for a serious scratching." She then shuddered as memories of such events flowed through her brain.

"Alright dearie," Rarity told her Pokémon. "Let's make that mean Movine pay for what it tried to do to you!"

"Opeline!" It hissed in agreement, unsheathing it's super sharp claws.

"Use Snarl!" Opalescence opened her mouth as a black sphere of electricity appeared, which it shot at Movine with deadly accuracy.

"Dodge it!" Rainbow ordered, Movine flapping its wings to float over the energy ball. The Snarl exploded with a loud hiss as the Movine repositioned itself. "Now use Vine Whip!" It extended a pair of its vine like tendrils before cracking them like whips, all charging at Opal.

"Use Bite!" Rarity countered, Opal evading a vine before biting down on the tendril.

"MOW!" Movine cried as the sharp teeth began to grip the vine.

"Get it off you!" Rainbow yelled, Movine pulling its vine up...only for Opal to pull back, sticking the two into a tug of war.

Mic: "Neither side is giving an inch."

Luna: "Wonder which one will cave first."

"I don't cave! Movine, pull harder!" Movine started doubling his efforts into its wings, flapping them with twice as much effort. This caused Opal to lose her footing, soon being pulling into the air. "Wing Attack!" Movine's leaf like wings started to glow as it flapped them at Opal, slapping her in the face. The force knocked her right off the vine, the cat slamming the ground with a thud.

"Op!" It cried as it hit the dirt, only to jump back up onto its feet. Opal then looked down and saw that the crash had caused her to get dusty, making her even more angry.

"You'll regret that," Rarity told Rainbow. "Opal, Power Gem!"

"Line!" The gem on its collar started to glow before firing off a red beam, instantly hitting Movine.

"Vine!" It cried as the laser struck it in the chest, making it fall like a rock. And as it fell, Opeline scurried over to it.

"Now use Scratch!" Opal's claws start to glow as it saw Movine spread its wings to slow its descent, only for the gem cat to pounce and slash its face.

"Mow!" It yelped as it flew back into the air, using its vines to grip its face and wipe away the pain of the scratch.

"Pull it together! Use Silver Wind!" Movine lowered its vines before beating its wings, shooting the crescent moon shaped wind in Opal's direction.

"Snarl!" Rarity ordered, Opal spitting the black energy ball at the Silver Wind. The two attacks collided and exploded, Movine using the opening to charge at the cat.

"Vine Whip!" From out of the smoke cloud, its tendrils shot out and wrapped around Opal.

"LINE!" She screamed as the vines constricted the gem cat, then lifted her off the ground.

"Slam it!" Rainbow yelled, Movine whipping Opalescence back into the ground. She cried out as the force vibrated through her body, only to feel herself be lifted up and slammed again. The audience watched as this happened again and again, each hit looking more painful than the last.

Mic: "Talk about painful! Opeline better do something, or Rainbow will be heading to the next round without much of a challenge."

This statement made Rarity huff. "Not much of a challenge, are we?! I'll show you how much of a challenge I am! Opal, open your eyes and lock onto Movine's tendrils!" Opeline did so, cracking its eyes open despite the pain. Unfortunately, it couldn't get its teeth or claws close enough to use Bite or Scratch.

"Let's end this," Rainbow told Movine. "Lift it up as high as you can and slam it with everything you've got!" Movine nodded before flying up, pulling Opal with it.

However, this only made Rarity smirk, "Alright darling, here we go! Use Power Gem!"

"OPELINE!" Opalescence screeched as she fired the red laser from the gem around her neck, aiming right where her trainer had told her to focus. The beam struck the first vine before she swung it over to hit the other, burning through both with ease. The blast made Movine scream as it released its hold on Opal.

"What?!" Rainbow yelped as she watched Opal land on top of Movine's head.

"Now, use Bite!"

"Opeline!" Opal bit down on Movine's head, latching on tightly while the bug cried out in pain. Everyone in the stadium flinched, knowing that the attack had to hurt.

Mic: "Yikes! Talk about a headache!"

Celestia: "Rarity sure knows how to turn a sticky situation into an advantage."

Luna: "Only the best trainers can keep their cool when backed into a corner. Now the question is, can Rainbow be called one of the best trainers?"

"Of course I can!" Rainbow barked at the commentary box, "Just watch me!" She turned back to her Pokémon. "Movine, use Vine Whip!" Movine extended its tendrils again and started whipping them up at the Opeline still biting down on its head, hitting both the cat and itself.

"Wonder whose gonna call it quits first?" Spike asked next.

Twilight hummed at the sight. "Movine's taking damage from both the Bite and Vine Whip, while Opal's taking just the Vine Whip, but its receiving more damage from it than Movine."

"This might come down to a battle of wills," Flash added.

"Ri," Springer finished.

"Op!" Opal cried every time the tendrils struck her body, but did everything she could to continue biting Movine's head. Movine then started spinning while continuing to whip her, picking up speed to get Opal to let it go. "Line," she whimpered, now even digging her claws into Movine, but eventually the speed and a hit from Vine Whip made her lose her grip, knocking her right off.

"Yes!" Rainbow cheered while Rarity growled as Opal landed in front of her. The gem cat then picked itself up, glaring at the plant moth as it stopped spinning and flew back up.

"Can you still battle?" Rarity asked her, getting a nod back. "Then use Snarl!"

"Op!" She yelled while unleashing the black electro sphere.

"Silver Wind!" Movine launched the crescent moon shaped air blast, which struck the energy ball and caused it to explode. "Now use Wing Attack!" Movine shot through the smoke cloud as its wings started to glow, using them to smash into Opal.

"Line!" She cried, only for its claws to grab Movine again.

"Bite!" Rarity ordered, Opal biting down on the bug's wing, making Movine flinch.

"Spin around and get it off you!" Movine did as ordered, spinning like a top. The motion easily knocked Opal off, the cat crying as it started to fall. "Now use Silver Wind!" And as the cat fell, a crescent wind blast struck the feline, smacking it into the dirt.

Mic: "Ouch! This is starting to look a touch one sided."

Luna: "It's as I said. It's flight ability is giving it the advantage."

Celestia: "But that doesn't mean it's victory is guaranteed."

"That's right! Use Power Gem!"

"OPELINE!" Opal built as much energy in its gem as possible before unleashing the strongest laser it could make, which hit Movine at breakneck speed.

"MOW!" It cried as it was knocked back, only to quickly recover.

"Vine Whip!" It spun around while extending its tendrils, striking Opal in the head.

"Opeline!"

"This isn't going well for Rarity," Flash commented.

"Doesn't mean she's going to lose," Spike growled as it watched Opal pick herself up. "Come on, rip that thing to shreds Opal!"

"Use Scratch!" Opal ran at the moth with glowing claws, leaping and slashing the bug's chest. Movine cried at the pain, only to see Opal spin around and leap back at Movine, slashing it again.

"Vine Whip!" Movine spun around and whipped its tendrils out, striking Opal in the head and knocking it back. "Fly higher! We're ending this now!" Rainbow yelled before pointing at Movine, "USE SOLARBEAM!"

"MOVINE!" The plant moth yelled as it flew into the sky before spreading its wings, which began taking in the bright light of the sun. Slowly, parts of the wings began to glow.

Mic: "Looks like Rainbow's putting everything on this last attack."

Celestia: "Solarbeam is the most powerful Grass-Type attack, but it also takes quite a while to charge before firing."

Luna: "But if it lands, I doubt Opeline could withstand it."

"This is bad," Rarity grumbled as she started biting her nails, "I have to end this before its done charging. Opal, use Power Gem with everything you have!"

"LINE!" Opalescence's collar gem began to shine as it stored up power, only to unleash one large blast. The laser shot straight up at Movine, striking it dead center. The blow made it scream in pain, making its wings flinch as it started to fall.

"Mow!" Movine then spread its wings to stop its decent, its wings still building more and more power.

"Again!" Rarity ordered as Opal fired another Power Gem, hitting Movine again while also making it fall closer to the ground.

Mic: "Seems we have a battle of wills. Can Movine withstand the onslaught of the Power Gems, or will Opeline manage to take it out before it manages to unleash its Solarbeam?"

"Come on..." Rainbow prayed under her breath. "Come on!"

"Again!" Rarity screamed, Opalescence unleashing another Power Gem.

"Why isn't it dodging?" Spike asked.

Twilight shook her head. "It can't. If it moves too much, it'll lose the energy its building for Solarbeam. I'm actually surprised its able to keep itself from falling after being hit this much."

"Movine needs to withstand it," Flash added. "But I don't think it'll be able to take much more."

As Movine fell to only a few feet off the ground, Rarity smiled before giving her next order. "Snarl!"

"Op!" Opal opened her mouth and fired the black ball of energy, "LINE!" And as the attack got closer to Movine, Rainbow saw it's wings were now completely glowing.

"Do it now! FIRE!"

"MOVINE!" The plant moth screamed, the light flying off its wings and spiralled into an orb before exploding into a massive beam of light. The beam instantly struck Opal's Snarl attack, cutting it in half while making its way to the gem cat.

"Op!" Opal cried in fear, only for the beam to strike her, an explosion following.

"OPAL!" Rarity screamed as she and the rest of the crowd were blinded by the light explosion. And as the seconds passed, they saw the light slowly fade to reveal Opal's condition. "Darling no!" Rarity cried as she now saw Opal laying on the ground, a pair of spirals replacing her eyes.

Mic: "Opeline KO'd, so the winners of the match are Rainbow and MOVINE!"

"YES!" Rainbow cheered with a jump in the air, Rarity running over and picking Opal up.

"It's alright darling," she hugged the gem cat close to her. "You did your best. Mommy still loves you."

"Line..." Opal weakly meowed from her arms.

A small tear went down Rarity's face. "Don't you worry, Nurse Redheart will fix you up no problem. Then I'll have you back to your glamorous self in no time at all."

"Opeline...Opel..."

"Hey Rarity," she then looked up to see Rainbow walking over with Movine floating beside her. Once the two were close, she held out a hand. "Good battle. You sure didn't make it easy."

Rarity let out a long sigh before taking her hand, not caring about the grease still on it, and the two shook before returning their Pokémon and heading back to the trainers box.

Mic: "Now that's sportsmanship."

Celestia: "The true meaning of any battle isn't proving who's better, but giving it everything you've got and earning one another's respect."

Luna: "Well I'm sure these two have forged a strong respect for one another after this battle."

"Tough luck sugarcube," Applejack told Rarity as the two arrived back in the trainer's box.

"It's alright, Applejack. I knew the other trainers competing in the tournament would be strong. This has helped me see just how much I need to train, even though battling's never really been my thing." She then let out a long sigh. "The big issue right now is that Opal is probably going to be giving me the cold shoulder for the next few days."

"And that's different from how she usually treats you...how?" Flash asked next, the others chuckling as they couldn't help but agree with him.

Fluttershy then patted her travel companion's shoulder. "Nice work Rainbow Dash."

"Thanks," Rainbow smirked with crossed arms, "I was pretty awesome, wasn't I?! One round down, three more to go." The others all laughed at her confidence as the megascreen came back on to show Doc and his opponent's images.

Mic: "Alright battle fans, its time for battle number six! Will Time Turner and Heath Burns please make their way over to the battle field?!"

"Alright. Its my turn now."

"Good luck," Twilight added, Doc nodding at her.

"I get the feeling you'll need it," Trixie finished as they stared at his opponent.

Heath stepped out onto the battlefield and moved over to the red section, having already pulled out a Pokeball. "Looks like he's already picked his Pokémon," Flash commented.

"Shouldn't he try to see see what Doc's Pokémon is?" Spike asked.

"Maybe...unless he already knows what Doc's going to use."

"How could he know that?" Pinkie asked, as Doc stepped out onto the field.

"Doc has one slight disadvantage that none of us have," Twilight replied with a glum frown. "He's a Gym Leader."

"How's that a disadvantage?"

"Because Gym Leader's are known as experts of a single type. Heath can't guarantee that Doc won't have a Pokémon that isn't Steel-Type, but the chances are still in his favor."

"And Doc doesn't have a non Steel-Type," Flash added. "Even if Heath sends his out first, if it's a Fire or Fighting-Type, he'll still have problems."

"We'll just have to hope Doc has a plan," Twilight said as they turned back to the field.

Doc finally arrived at the blue section, staring Heath down as Present Mic spoke up. "ALRIGHT! If both trainers are ready, let's take a gander up at the megascreen and see who's gonna be picking their Pokémon first!" Everyone looked up at the megascreen as the roulette wheel appeared between the two's pictures. The wheel began to spin, the professors then pressing the button. It was here that the roulette slowed down, soon landing on the red section.

"SWEET! So it's Heath Burns who'll be picking first."

Heath just smiled as he showed off his Pokeball. "That's fine, it doesn't matter who picked first. I was gonna chose the same Pokémon either way."

Doc raised an eyebrow at this, "Oh? And why's that?"

"Because you're a Gym leader, meaning you only have one Type of Pokémon. And luckily for me, it's a Type my Pokémon can easily beat. Lizash, let's heat things up!" He tossed the ball into the air before it opened, red energy soon forming to reveal a quadrupedal lizard like Pokémon. It was a combo of orange and yellow, its top half of its head and nose being orange, along with its body, legs and outer ears. The bottom half of its nose and mouth were yellow, along with the front of its neck, chest, stomach and inner ears. On the sides of its cheeks were a pair of yellow flaps, similar to a Mudkip. It's flurry tail was a combo of red and yellow, giving it the appearance of fire.

"Liz!" it cried before sneezing out a burst of flames.

"That thing looks cool!" Spike exclaimed, "It's gotta be a Dragon-Type!"

"Let's see..." Flash pulled out his Pokedex.

Name: Lizash
Category: Flame Lizard Pokémon
Type: Fire
Info: While still in its egg, Lizash's parents incubate them by burying the egg in hot ash. When it hatches, Lizash then eat the ashes to help ignite their inner fire.

"Nope," Flash added as he shut the Pokedex, "Just a basic Fire-Type."

"Which is bad news for Doc," Twilight finished, "I hope he'll be okay."

As she stared at the Doc, he showed a cocky smirk as he announced, "Don't think you've already won because your Type can easily hurt mine." He pulled out his Pokeball. "A battle can go any way you want it to as long as you have a plan and believe in your Pokémon. Tockwork, I choose you!"

He tossed the ball into the air, the red energy taking shape to reveal the walking clock, who began to move slightly slowly. "Tock..."

Mic: "It's fire verses steel in this battle."

Celestia: "While it's true that Heath's Pokémon has the Type advantage, the previous few matches have shown that isn't a guarantee of victory."

Luna: "Agreed. And let us not forget that Time Turner is a Gym Leader, who's used to dealing with Pokémon that have an advantage against Steel-Types."

Mic: "Excellent points. But every theory needs to be tested, so let's get testing! In three!"

Professors and Crowd: "TWO!"

ALL: "ONE!"

Mic: "Battle...BEGIN!"

"Lizash," Heath called out, "Flame Burst!"

"Liz," Lizash opened its mouth as an orange fireball appeared inside, "ASH!" The fireball flew out like a rocket, all ready to strike Tockwork.

"Dodge it!" Doc ordered, the clock barely sidestepping the fireball. But as it did this, the fireball exploded behind it, launching a barrage of tiny embers in every direction. Tockwork saw this and raised its arms protectively, but flinched as the tiny flames seared them. "Not good."

"Now use Flame Charge!"

"Lizash!" The fire lizard tensed up as its entire body ignited before it charged, turning into what looked like a living fireball.

"He's raising his speed," Doc added as he pointed at the lizard, "Looks like we have to do the same! Overclock!" Tockwork's gears began spinning as it ran at the bum-rushing lizard, moving slightly faster than before as it threw a punch. Its clawed fist struck the flaming Lizash head on, the contact causing an explosion that sent the two backwards.

"Tock/Ash!" The two flinched as they slid along the ground, both quickly recovering as their trainers gave the next order.

"Bullet Punch/Bite!" Lizash bum-rushed again as Tockwork pulled its fist back, the clock then firing a fist shaped blast of energy that struck the Lizash head on.

"Liz!" it cried, but managed to keep moving forward despite the pain. Here, he leapt onto Tockwork, letting out a screech, "Ash!" It yelled as it bit down on Tockwork's arm.

"Seriously?!" Spike asked, "Tockwork's made out of metal. That's not gonna do anything."

Twilight shook her head. "It might not be much damage Spike, but it still adds up."

"Especially if Lizash does that," Flash said as he pointed at the Pokémon. Everyone turned back to the battlefield and saw smoke coming out of the gaps between Lizash's mouth and Tockwork's armor.

"Flame Burst!" Heath called out.

"Get it off you!" Doc ordered, Tockwork now swinging its arm around to try and dislodge it.

"Liz..." Lizash began building the flames into its mouth. "ASH!" It released its hold on Tockwork, seconds before the fireball flew out of its mouth and exploded onto Tockwork.

"TOCK!" Tockwork cried as the flames singed its metal arm while Lizash was blown to a safe distance away.

"Tockwork!" Doc yelled. "Are you okay?!"

Mic: "YOW! Talk about painful. That blast was point blank, so it had to hurt!"

Celestia: "Maybe, but Tockwork's ability should have given it some protection."

Mic: "Ability?"

Luna: "Heatproof, which gives the user a slight resistance against Fire-Type attacks. No doubt Time Turner chose Tockwork because of that ability. Heath will find this battle won't be as one sided as he thought."

"Tock..." Tockwork moaned as it clutched its arm, only to turn to Doc and nod.

"Alright then my friend, use Psywave!" Tockwork pointed its gun arm at Lizash and began firing blasts of psychic energy.

"Dodge it!" Heath ordered as Lizash began leaping from side to side, the Psywaves hitting just behind its tail as it got closer to Tockwork. "Iron Tail!" Lizash's tail started to glow as it ran, eventually getting with striking distance of the clockwork Pokémon.

"Liz..." it jumped up before spinning its glowing tail at Tockwork, "ASH!" The clang of metal on metal echoed through the stadium as Lizash struck Tockwork on the top of its clock-face, the force knocking it off its feet while Lizash bounced off.

"Bullet Punch!" Doc ordered as Tockwork continued to fall back.

"Tock!" It pulled its fist back before shooting it, sending the fist shaped energy flying at the still airborne Lizash.

"Lizash!" It cried as it was struck in the stomach, sending it crashing into the dirt while Tockwork fell on its back.

Mic: "Nice! Firing off an attack like that while falling back and reeling from a dead on hit can't be easy."

Luna: "That's why he's a Gym Leader."

Celestia: "What a fun match this is turning out to be. Let's see what else they can pull off."

"Get up Lizash!" Heath ordered the fire lizard. The little Pokémon started to pick itself up, panting after having the wind knocked out of it. "Now, use Flame Charge!"

"LIZ!" Lizash cried as it exploded into a fireball before charging at the still recovering Tockwork.

Doc saw Lizash coming and knew he had no choice. "Dodge with Overclock!" The gears on Tockwork's arms began spinning again as it pushed itself up onto one knee while Lizash got closer. Seconds before it could tackle Tockwork, it pushed itself up onto its feet while jumping away from the attack.

"Keep using Flame Charge!" Lizash turned around and rushed at Tockwork again, the clock barely ready to defend itself.

"Overclock again!" Doc ordered, grimacing at the fact of overusing the attack. Lizash and Tockwork then began jumping around the field, getting faster and faster by the second. Whenever Lizash tried to hit Tockwork, the robotic Pokémon would always leap away, stunning the whole audience as it continued.

Mic: "Man! These two are both becoming full-on blurs!"

Celestia: "Both of them are using moves that increase their speed. Soon they'll both reach their max."

Luna: "And that would be bad news for Tockwork."

"What's she talking about?" Rainbow asked next, "Why would having so much speed be a bad thing?"

Before anyone could explain, Tockwork landed in front of Doc...only for his entire body to be engulfed by flames. "TOCKWORK!" It cried as the flames singed its form.

Doc bit his lip at this, "Not good!"

"What happened?" Pinkie asked.

"It looks like Tockwork has been burned," Rarity pointed out. "But how? Why? Lizash didn't hit him."

"It's Overclock's risk," Twilight commented with a glum frown. "Using it too much will cause the user to overheat and be burnt."

"Which means Doc needs to end this quickly," Flash finished.

"Come on Doc!" Spike cheered. "You can beat him."

"Terr/Ri!" Peewee and Springer added.

Heath shined a huge grin at the sight. "This match is mine! Flame Burst!" Lizash fired the orange fireball, the attach rocketing right at Tockwork.

"Not happening!" Doc barked back. "Use Psywave!"

"Tock!" Tockwork quickly aimed its gun arm at the fireball, firing a beam of psychic energy. The laser struck the Flame Burst, making it explode far enough away from Tockwork to not hurt him.

"Now Bullet Punch!" Heath stared at the smoke cloud that the attacks had created, which was blown away as a fist shaped energy ball flew through and struck his Lizash.

"ASH!" It cried, an explosion happening next as it knocked it back with tremendous force. "Lizash!" the lizard screamed as it started rolling along the ground, "Liz...liz..."

Heath went wide-eyed, "Wha...that attack was so much stronger than before! How?!"

Doc smirked back while crossing his arms, "Overclock increases both Tockwork's speed and attack strength, which means it and Bullet Punch are both ten times stronger than they were when this battle began!"

"Tock!" Tockwork roared with a nod, onlyl to cry out as the burn flared over his body.

Heath just growled, "That high attack won't matter if you can't hit me! All I've gotta do is keep my distance. Lizash, Flame Charge!" Lizash's body exploded again before it bum-rushing the clock.

"Psywave!" Tockwork fired several blasts of psychic energy, which Lizard dodged before pouncing and body checking the clockwork Pokémon.

"Tock!" Tockwork flinched as it was pushed back, its Heatproof ability giving it some protection but not by much. It didn't help that after Lizash leapt away, the burn flared up again.

"Flame Burst/Psywave!" The two trainers yelled, their Pokémon launching their attacks as they collided in the center of the field, exploding to make another smoke cloud.

"Iron Tail/Overclock!" The two rushed into the smoke cloud as it faded, Lizash's tail glowing as they met.

"Tock!" Tockwork thrusted its fist at Lizash, who managed to sidestep before spinning and striking its arm with its tail.

"Liz!" It then leapt up and slammed its tail into Tockwork's clock-face, making it stagger back while the burn flared up again.

"Flame Burst!" Lizash opened its mouth before charging up another orange fireball.

And as it fired the attack, the clockwork Pokémon regained its footing as Doc gave his order. "Bullet Punch!" Tockwork pulled back and thrusted its fist to launch the energy blast, the glowing fist striking the Flame Burst, causing an explosion.

"Bite!" Doc then heard Heath order out, seconds before Lizash leapt out of the smoke with its fangs at the ready.

"Liz," it latched onto Tockwork's gun arm like before and bit down on the metal, "ASH!"

"Oh no!" Spike added.

"They're gonna use Flame Burst at close range again," Rarity commented with a gulp.

"Tockwork might not be able to stand that," Fluttershy whimpered.

Flash grimaced at the sight as well, only to spot a smile on Doc's face. "What the-what's he up to?"

Mic: "This could be it for Doc."

Celestia: "If another Flame Burst hits like it did before, it might be."

Luna: "And if it doesn't, the burn should be enough to finish it off."

"Flame Burst Lizash!" Heath yelled as Lizash began building the flames in its mouth. "It's over!"

"Not yet it isn't," Doc barked back as he snapped his fingers. "Flash!" Everyone's eyes went wide as they watched Tockwork lift Lizash so it was facing his clock-face, which then exploded with light.

"LIZASH!" The little fire lizard screamed as the light burnt its eyes, forcing them to close as its grip on Tockwork's arm loosened.

"Bullet Punch!" Tockwork raised its arms before pulling it back, soon launching the Lizash away with ease.

"Lizash!" it cried as it flew across the battlefield, soon tasting dirt. And as it tried to pick itself up and open it eyes, it now saw everything was now...fuzzy.

"Lizash," Heath called out, "Use Flame Burst!" Lizash began building the fire while looking around, eventually spotting what it assumed was Tockwork and launching the fireball. Tockwork remained perfectly still at the attack, the fireball missing him by a good five feet before safely exploding far enough that it couldn't damage Tockwork. This made Heath gulp as Doc chuckled back.

Mic: "Looks like that Flash attack has completely blinded Lizash."

Celestia: "Which gives Doc the opening he needs to end this."

"Too right," Doc finished as he pointed at Lizash. "Overclock!" Tockwork's gears began spinning faster than ever. Then, in a blur, Tockwork appeared beside it and began punching and kicking Lizash at high speed. Everyone watched as the robotic Pokémon battered the fire lizard, the Lizash trying to dodge, but its vision betrayed it at every passing blow.

Eventually, Tockwork threw an uppercut as Lizash jumped back, only to end up getting hit in the stomach. "LIZASH!" It cried as it went flying, soon landing with a thud as spirals appeared in its eyes.

Mic: "Lizash KO'd, so the winners of the match are Time Turner and his TOCKWORK!"

The crowd exploded with applause, amazed at the end of such a great battle.

Celestia: "You can see why Time Turner managed to earn the title of Gym Leader. Even against a Pokémon he's weak to, he's able to pull out a win."

Luna: "It was looking a little bad for him in one spot, especially when Tockwork became burnt. But that Flash attack certainly helped him turn the tide."

"Return Lizash!" Heath ordered as he held out his Pokeball and recalled his Pokémon, sighing as he put it away while Doc went up and patted Tockwork. "Well, guess my Type advantage wasn't enough to beat you."

Doc just shook his head with a big smile. "Don't worry about it, you should be proud. You trained you Lizash well."

"Thanks..." Heath replied, then scratching the back of his head, "But I guess my plan to end the match kinda backfired."

"Indeed. But it was only because I saw you use the trick earlier. Bit of advice: don't expect the same technique to work on the same opponent twice in a row."

"Yeah, I get that." Heath held out a hand, "Good luck in the rest of the tournament. Now you've beaten me, you better not lose to anyone else." Doc smiled before taking the hand and shaking it.

"I don't plan too."

And once that was done, the two headed back to the trainer's box. The Hoof Cup's first round was drawing to a close. Now, only two matches remained. Will Twilight and Pinkie be victorious and join the rest of their friends in the second round, or will they be forced to sit and watch? You'll have to stay tuned to find out.

Author's Note:

Doc and Rainbow win their match, while Rarity and Heath lost their's. To bad for them, but someone had to lose. Next up, Twilight and Pinkie's matches.


Pokemon

Name: Lizash
Design: Ouka from puzzle and dragons without wings
Name: Lizard and Ash
Pronounced: Lizz-ash

PreviousChapters Next