• Published 19th May 2018
  • 5,083 Views, 673 Comments

Pokémon: Harmony and Chaos - Banshee531



Welcome to the Equestria Region, a land of Pokémon. Here, one young boy will begin his quest to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer ever known. With his partner Springer, he'll make new friends, rivals, and enemies on this brand new adventure.

  • ...
6
 673
 5,083

PreviousChapters Next
Battle at the Island-Coral

"BANZAI!" Flash cheered as he and Springer cannon balled off a diving board into a pool. They both hit the water with a tremendous splash, the wave soaking everything poolside.

This almost included a now every annoyed Viper, who had been curled up next to the pool and had just managed to avoid being covered in water. "Scor!" He hissed at his trainer and teammate, the two laughing after their heads broke through the surface of the water.

"Sorry Vip, but you really shouldn't be by the pool if you don't wanna get splashed." Viper just hissed again before slithering over to where Twilight, Doc and his Pokémon were sitting. They were all in their swimwear, Doc's being a pair of brown swim shorts with gray gears on them.

Twilight was currently reading a book on a pool lounge chair while Doc was doing some maintenance on Tockwork and Higear. Spike was at the other end of the swimming pool, splashing around with Peewee, Riptide and Prongs. Flying above them were Skyler, Steeledge and Owlicious, who were enjoying the slipstream being produced by the ship's chimney.

Yes, the heroes were still on the ship out at sea. This was the second day aboard, the first having been spent looking around the ship. Despite a good portion of the events being age restricted, them all still being under-aged, there were still enjoyable activities like a game room, laser tag arena, movie theater, library and the pool they were all currently enjoying....though this was after they dragged Twilight out of the library. There was even a battle arena, which Flash had already used to defeat six different opponents.

Now they were enjoying the pool, though mainly Flash, "Come on guys," Flash swam over to the side Twilight and the others were sitting on. "You're not gonna spend all day just outside of the pool, are you?"

Twilight looked up from her book. "Pretty much. You like to spend your time at the pool your way, and I like to spend it my way."

"Same here," Doc added. "Besides, chlorine does a number on Tockwork and Higear's systems."

"You're no fun," Flash told them before leaning back and floating face-up. He did this for several minutes before deciding to do some water retrieval with a rubber ring he'd gotten from the pool's toy-box. A little while later, he came up for breath right when the captain's voice was broadcast throughout the ship.

"Greetings passengers. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves. Here are the day's announcements. The trainer of the lost jewel encrusted Slowking, please come to the main dinning room to collect it. The kid's ice cream parlour is currently closed due to a spillage, and finally, we will soon be reaching Coral Island. Anyone who wishes to travel ashore, please head to B deck. I warn you, it has limited spaces, so its first come, first serve. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your cruise."

"Coral Island?" Spike asked as they climbed out of the pool.

Twilight pulled out her journal, opening the map section and typing the name into the search bar. "Hmm...here we are. Coral Island is an island made out of coral."

"Thank you captain obvious," Flash blatantly said.

Twilight shot him a glare before continuing. "It's not entirely coral. The island above the water it your basic landmass, but it has coral beneath it that acts like a skeleton. It's home to many different Water Pokémon and is a tourist attraction."

"Awesome! Why don't we go?" Spike exclaimed as Peewee hopped onto his head.

The others all nodded in agreement. "Sure. It could be fun."

"Then let's get going," Flash said before they returned their Pokémon, soon going back to their cabin and changed out of their swimwear. It was here that they headed down to B deck and found the sailor they had met the previous day, along with the rich pair they'd seen coming out the jewelery store.

The sailor waved at them, "Hello. You four wanting to come to Coral Island as well?"

"You know it," Flash replied. "You're not full already, are you?"

"Nope, you're in luck. Not a lot of people want to leave the comfort of the ship's luxury."

"Which is their loss really," the fancily dressed man said before holding out a hand. "Splendid to meet you all. I'm Fancy Pants, and this is my wife."

"Fleur de Lis," the lady continued. "Is this your first time going to Coral Island?"

"It is," Doc shook his hand. "I'm Time Turner by the way."

The teen beside him did a salute, "Name's Flash, and this is my partner, Springer."

"Ri!" Springer copied his partner's salute.

"I'm Twilight and this is my brother."

"Spike. And this is Peewee."

"Terra."

"Charmed," Fancy replied as he twirled his stache. "And I'm sure you'll enjoy Coral Island. In my humble opinion, it's the most beautiful place in all of Equestria."

Fleur nodded in agreement, "Fancy and I enjoy going every time we cruise." She then pointed out at the water. "It's coming into view now."

The other looked over the edge of the boat, now seeing she was right. Off in the distance was a landmass with a small forest in it. They each grabbed a pair of binoculars that the sailor had handy and took a closer look, able to spot several sandy beaches, along with a bunch of large pink spikes sticking out of several sectors of the island.

Twilight gasped, "Is that-"

"Coral," Fancy finished for her. "Many believe that the island formed around a coral reef, which was then pushed to the surface to create this paradise."

"But I read that coral couldn't survive outside of water. How is it surviving like that?"

The three veterans all smiled before telling her she'd understand when they got there. "Well then," the sailor spoke up. "Shall we be off?" The others nodded and climbed into a motorboat that was hanging off the side of the deck. Once aboard, Doc helped the sailor lower the boat into the ocean before they began to power through the water.

As they sailed around, they spotted a bunch of Seaking, Luvdisc and other water dwellers swim alongside the boat. A Mantyke ever got close enough for Spike to pet it. Then, after ten minutes of sailing, they finally arrived at the island's beach. After Flash and Doc helped the sailor pulled the boat onto land, the others jumped off and looked around, spotting Pokémon like Slowpoke, Octillery, Corsala and Shellos. Even a Palossand could be seen further up the beach.

"Alright," the sailor told them, "You're free to look around the island, but be warned. We're only visitors here, so don't try and change anything about the place. Anything you brought here, you take back to the ship. Understood?" They all nodded, "Then go have fun."

"Nice! Let's go guys!" Flash exclaimed as he ran up to the beach, the others quickly following him with Fancy and Fleur laughing at the sight.

But as they ran across the island, they didn't know they weren't the only ones on the island. Up above it was a balloon, three occupants in the basket. It was Big Score and his gang, the boss now shining a smug grin, "There it is boys. Our motherload."

"Coral?" Rickashay asked in confusion.

"You have any idea what this stuff is worth? With all those environmental protection acts, the stuff is rarer to get than gold. Just a ton of the stuff is enough to set us on easy street for the next ten years. So the more we have, the easier it is for us."

"And how do we get the stuff?" Rickashay asked. "It's not like we can just pick it all up and walk away with it."

This question caused Score to begin laughing calmly, only to get more and more insane as he replied, "Oh, that's exactly what we're gonna do! Boulder?" the bulky man turned to his boss, "Remote." Boulder reached into a bag and pulled out what looked like a toy car remote. Score took it with another chuckle, "Prepare to meet the Big Score Two." He stared down at the ocean, the other two following his gaze. A moment later, a shadow appeared below the surface of the water and with a few more toggles, the shadow moved until it was right beneath the balloon. Once Score was happy with its location, he let the air out of the balloon, making it lower.

"Err...boss?"

"Relax Rickashay," Score assured him as the basket hit the water. The balloon then folded into the frame as the entire basket sank below the waves, becoming one with the shadow. "Now...let's get rich."


Back on the island, our heroes were gasping at the sights around them. The whole place seemed like a tiny piece of paradise, beautiful flowers, trees filled with delicious fruit and giant majestic coral spikes that they could see over the treetops. It was these spikes that Twilight was leading them to, wanting to examine it while she could. And as they headed there, they also saw multiple Pokémon like Sunflora, Blossom, Bounsweet, and even a few Nuzleaf.

"This place is awesome," Spike commented as he turned to see a Nuzleaf playing a leaf whistle atop a palm tree.

Doc nodded in agreement, "To think such a little island could host so much life."

"And it's all thanks to the coral that keeps this island afloat," Fancy added.

"And that's not all it does," Fleur continued. "It's thanks to the coral that these Pokémon have fresh water."

Twilight rubbed her chin at this, "I was gonna ask about that. All these plants and the Grass-Types....how can this island sustain them if there's no underground spring to provide fresh water?"

The couple smiled at one another as they arrived at the coral spike was poking out of the ground. Around that spike was a pool of water, roughly twenty feet from the edge of the sea plant. What was even more amazing was that the source of the water was the coral spike itself.

They looked up and saw that about ten feet up was a hole in the coral that was sprouting out water that flowed into the lake. Fleur stepped over to the pool and cupped her hands, soon carrying the water over to them. The group was uneasy about drinking seawater, but Fleur's calm smile made Flash decide to take a sip.

And when he did, his eyes went wide. "Holy cow! Just like you'd get out of a bottle!"

The others all hopped in surprise before rushing over to the pool, taking their own drink before Twilight gasped, "Incredible...how is this possible?!"

"No one really knows," Fancy replied with a shrug. "Some scientists believe that the coral is connected to an underground spring, while others have theorized that the coral is actually absorbing the salt out of the water."

"Why hasn't there been any further study?"

Flash looked up and saw all the Pokémon enjoying their lives on the island. "Because it'd disrupt the harmony of the island."

Fancy and Fleur both nodded with a smile. "Your friend is right. Sometimes the risk of losing something outweighs the need to satisfy one's own curiosity."

Twilight wasn't convinced, which Fancy saw and asked, "Let me ask you this: What would you do if you learned that discovering the cause would require removing this entire section of the coral spike? It'd take years for it to grow back, and in that time, the island would be without one of its fresh water sources."

"But there are others," Twilight remarked.

"But there might not be enough. And the Pokémon living here would need to trek all the way over to it every single day. Eventually, those Pokémon may decide to simply start living there and that might cause them to start fighting over territory."

Twilight opened her mouth to argue, only to sigh, "I guess you're right. Its probably not worth the risk."

Fancy nodded, "Everything on this island exists in a delicate balance. One little upset and everything could be thrown out of whack."

Fluer stepped up to her husband with a big smile, "And besides, I doubt the Reefincer would let anyone near these things if they learned what they wanted to do with them."

"Reefincer?" Spike asked, only to hear a splashing sound.

They all turned to see something climbing up out of the pool. It was a crab like Pokémon standing at about four feet. It's skin was light blue, though they were only able to see its head, along with its six legs and arms. The rest of its body was covered in a hard shell, which was completely covered in broken pieces of coral. Its pincers appeared to be made out of the same substance, all of them primed with corals.

Fancy nodded at the creature. "Reefincer, the guardians of Coral Island." Flash pulled out his Pokedex and scanned it.

Name: Reefincer
Category: Coral Claw Pokémon
Type: Water/Rock
Info: Its shell is incredibly soft, so to protect itself, it attaches coral to its body to use as armoring against predators. The only things in Equestria capable of breaking through it are Sharazor and Thrashark.

"How is that thing the guardian of Coral island?" Spike asked as they watched the Reefincer scuttle sideways.

"They keep the Island from crumbling. The coral beneath our feet is constantly growing. If that was left unchecked, the island would be torn apart. The Reefincer make their homes in the coral, keeping it under control by pruning it for their armor."

"Like I said, balance." Fancy pointed at the pool, the others seeing more Reefincer scuttle out. "Watch." They soon saw nine Reefincer emerge from the water and stepped up beside the original one and encircled the pool. Then before anyone could ask what they were doing, they all began to spray water out of their mouths. The ten Water Guns all hit the coral spike's top and start to drip downwards, the whole thing soon soaked. Fancy turned to Twilight, "You asked how the coral survived out of water? Aside from having the water running through them, the Reefincer also spray the coral daily."

Twilight gasped, "Amazing...its a symbiotic relationship."

"Fascinating..." Doc added as they watched the Reefincer grant the coral the sustenance it needed. After a full minute of this, the Reefincer stopped and then turned so that five pairs were now staring at one another before firing a weaker Water Gun. This caused a sprinkle of water to cascade over them and form five rainbows.

Everyone marvelled at this little ritual, only for the Reefincer to turn to them with a look of curiosity in their eyes. This made three trainers grow nervous, Spike turning to Fancy. "These things aren't gonna attack us, are they?"

Fancy blinked at him, "Of course not. Why would you think that?"

Flash piped in at this, "Because so far, everytime we've come across a water dweller, we end up getting attacked because they think we're trying to steal their turf." This made Fancy and Fleur both blink at him.

Twilight let out a sigh, "I'm afraid it's true. We've ended up getting attacked by both a Sharazor and Sparaken in situations similar to this."

Fleur giggled back, "Well, you don't have to worry. As long as you show you have no intention to harm them or the island, you'll be absolutely fine."

"That's a relief," Doc replied as he looked at his hands, "I need my fingers to do a lot of my favorite things."

Fancy and Fleur both laughed before turning back to the Reefincer, "Oh, you're in luck. We're about to see how the Reefincer create their coral armor." Fancy pointed at two, one standing behind a pile of coral they hadn't noticed before.

They all watched as the Reefincer picked up a piece of the pink sea rock and spat a thin line of purple liquid onto it. "That's Acid," Twilight commented as the coral's side began to melt. The Reefincer then placed it onto its friend's shell, which also melted due to the Acid, before firing a Water Gun at it. Doing so washed away the Acid before it could fully melt through the shell, causing them to solidify together.

"Wow! That's so cool!"

Doc nodded. "I agree Spike. That kind of armoring could last forever."

"Unfortunately not," Fancy added.

"Moulting?" Twilight guessed, Fancy nodding in return.

"What's moulting?" Spike asked next.

"It's when a creature grows. When it grows, it causes the shell to fall off."

"Reefincers moult about once a year," Fancy explained as he pointed at the crabs. "Their shells grow back almost overnight, but that's because they're so weak. That's why they use the coral as armor."

"Cool," Flash said as he walked over to the two. It seemed that they had hit a snag in the armoring, Flash spotting a large V shaped opening that would no doubt be a major weakness in battle. He watched as the Reefincer picked up a piece of coral and held it up to the opening, only to see it wouldn't fit. Thinking for a moment, Flash picked up a piece of coral. The Reefincer turned to him curiously, as he handed it to the one doing the fitting. "Could you melt this one in half?" The Reefincer raised an eyebrow, but did as he asked, using Acid to melt the coral into two pieces. Flash took them and placed the pieces in the opening, filling it perfectly. "There we go," he said as the Reefincer melted them into place.

The newly armored Reefincer cheered as it turned to its friend and held up a claw, the other one doing the same as they seemed to emulate a fist bump. It then glanced at Flash and did the same, the teen smiling as he fist pumped the little crab. "No problem."

Everyone smiled at this, but their joy was short lived as the ground beneath them suddenly began to shake.

"What in the world?" Fancy asked.

"What's going on?" Spike yelped as he grabbed Twilight for support.

The Reefincer then turned their heads, all suddenly scuttling off in one direction.

"Where are they going?"

"Likely going to investigate the cause," Doc assumed. "If they're the guardians of this island, they'll try to defend it at any cost."

"Then we should go too," Twilight suggested as the others nodded in agreement, all running after the Reefincer. As they chased them, they also found a bunch more Reefincer heading in the same direction. Flash had lost count at around fifty, but came to a stop as they arrived at a cliff overlooking the ocean, where the Reefincer also stopped. They moved up to the edge and saw a bunch of broken coral floating on the surface. "That can't be good."

Fancy nodded. "Agreed. If that coral is from the supports under the island, then the whole structure could collapse and the entire island would sink!"

Spike turned to him in shock. "But...if that happens, what'll happen to the Pokémon living here?!"

Fancy just gulped. "I...I don't want to think about it."

"So what's causing this?" Doc asked next. "This can't be a natural phenomenon."

It appeared the Reefincer were just as curious, as they began to dive into the ocean. Flash pulled out a Pokeball at this, "Riptide, help us out!" The Pokeball opened and released a red energy that faded to reveal the Aquana. "Go find out what's happening down there!"

"Ak!" Riptide dived into the water with the Reefincer, swimming as fast as he could to the bottom. Once there, he followed the Reefincer along the bottom of the base of the island where the coral was situated. It was here his eyes went wide, along with the Reefincer.

It was a giant Kingler, roughly ten meters in height, that was using its claws to smash the coral and break it off the main body. Already, a massive chunk of it appeared to have been broken off, which when broken was scooped up into it's claws.

"REEF!" The Reefincer all yelled in anger at seeing their home being destroyed. But despite this scream, the Kingler didn't seem to notice, continuing to do its work. This got the Reefincer angry. "FINCER!" They all leapt at the Kingler as their claws started glowing, Riptide deciding to do the same and swam at it while using Rock Smash.

The army of water Pokémon struck the Kingler, knocking it off balance and slamming it into the damaged coral. They then swam back a safe distance away as they saw the Kingler just lay there completely still. That is, till it just hopped back on its feet instantly. Riptide and Reefincer all shivered in terror as the Kingler stared at them with red glowing eyes. It then began to swing its claws through the water, striking several of the Reefincer away while Riptide dodged the attack before swimming up to the Kingler's face.

"AK!" He spun around and slammed his tail into it, but the attack had no effect. Seeing this, Riptide floated backwards as Kingler opened its mouth and unleashed a powerful jet of water, blasting Riptide upward. "AQUANA!" He broke through the surface of the water, the others gasping at the sight.

"Riptide!" Flash yelled in horror while the Aquana began to fall back to earth.

"Steeledge, catch it!" The ball opened to reveal the metal Flying-Type.

"Steel!" it squawked as it spread its wings and flew under Riptide. The water lizard landed on its back, managing to grab hold as Steeledge curved back and landed on the cliff.

"Good work Steeledge," Doc told him as Flash took Riptide off its back.

"Ledge," it chirped happily.

Flash looked Riptide over, seeing no serious injury. "You okay bud?"

"Ak..." Riptide nodded.

"What the heck happened under there?" Spike asked, only for the water to burst as more and more Reefincer were shot into the air. "What the heck?!" They watched as the coral claw Pokémon fell back down, some smashing into the island while others fell back into the water.

"What's happening?!" Twilight screamed, only for the water to explode again. This time, it was the Kingler that came out of it and stared down at them.

"A giant Kingler?!" Fleur yelped.

"That's not a real Kingler!" Flash yelled as he pointed at the giant, all soon seeing what he meant. The giant Kingler, was a robot, a massive metal monster that was now somehow standing on the water, snapping its metal claws together. Its glowing red eyes dimmed before turning to white lights. A section of its chest appeared to be a slightly different color, as if someone had painted it to conceal something.

"Where'd that thing come from?" Spike asked next, only for the sound of laughter to fill the air. It was here that the Kingler's mouth opened before splitting apart to see three familiar criminals sitting within the robot.

"Hello again," Score said with a smirk.

The others just slumped, Twilight moaning, "Not you three again!"

Spike growled at the sight. "Can't you morons take a hint?!"

Score laughed again. "The only hints I take are hints on how to get filthy stinking rich. And once we sell all this coral, that's exactly what we'll be thanks to the Big Score Two Mecha Kingler."

"Where the heck did you even get that thing?!" Doc asked. "I doubt you three idiots could build it yourself!"

Score almost flinched at the insult, "If you must know, I found it online. Some guy In the Hoenn Region found this wreck and fixed it up before selling it to me for a steal." He laughed again. "And I mean a literal steal, I threatened the guy and took it from him. Pretty cool, huh?"

Our heroes just gave him deadpan stares.

Score pouted at the sight. "Well, who cares what you losers think! I think it's perfect, and I'm taking this coral with it!"

"Not happening!" Flash yelled out.

"That coral is essential to the balance of this island," Fancy added.

"It's also essential to the balance of my checkbook," Score quipped as the robot started scooping the loose bits of coral into its claws. "And I think my wallet wants to be balanced too!"

"We won't let you do this! Steeledge, stop them!"

"Ledge!" The metal bird zipped through the air, aimed right at the robot.

"Nice try!" The Kingler swung its massive claw at Steeledge, knocking it back with one swift blow, "Nothing can stand against this mighty machine!"

"REEF!" The Reefincer leapt at the robot, slamming it with Crabhammer. The attacks started to push the machine back, the robot starting to fall back into the water.

In the cockpit, the three all grunted as they tried to get the robot to steady. "Those little pests...get rid of them!"

"Gladly," Rickashay slammed his fist down on a button. "Fire rocket claw!" The robot pointed its claw at the Reefincer in the water before it flew off, smashing the water and causing a large wave that pushed the Pokémon back.

"Oh no!"

"I won't allow this," Fancy pulled out an Luxury Ball. "Persian, come out!" His ball opened and an Alolan Persian appeared in front of Fancy.

"Per..." it...purred.

"Shadow Ball!" The regional variant opened its mouth as a sphere of ghostly energy appeared, the cat soon firing the ball. The Shadow Ball exploded on impact, causing the machine to be pushed back again.

Score growled before pulling out a Pokeball. "Let's take care of those losers." The other two nodded before pulling out their own Pokeballs, which they each placed into an opening. The robot then opened its claw and pointed it before three bolts of red energy shot out. The bolts hit the cliff in front of our heroes before fading to reveal Jesterror, Stompice and Spikorn. The three criminal's Pokémon got into a battle stance while Persian, Springer and Riptide did the same.

"I won't sit back and let you destroy this paradise!" Fleur exclaimed as she pulled out her own Luxury Ball. "Furfrou, to my side!" The ball opened as a Heart Trim Furfrou appeared. "Use Dark Pulse!" The Furfrou opened its mouth and unleashed a barrage of black rings.

In return, Stompice leapt in front of its teammates and fired its own Dark Pulse. The two made contact and cancelled each other out in an explosion, dust picking up as it happened.

Seeing this, Springer closed the distance between them. "Drain Punch!" Springer pulled his now green glowing fist, then sucker punching the Ice-Type. The blow knocked it back, Spikorn jumping in next and firing a Rock Blast.

"Water Gun!" Riptide fired a jet of water, which struck the Rock Blast and pushed it away from Springer.

"Steel Wing!" Steeledge dashed with glowing wings, slicing Spikorn with a quick slash. The Rock-Type cried out in pain as Jesterror rushed at the bird with its own glowing claws.

"Night Slash!" Fancy ordered as the Persian leapt at the ghost clown with now purple shining claws. The two slashed at one another, appearing to be even as they pushed each other back.

It was here that Stompice recovered and fired off an Ice Beam, but Furfrou leapt to the front of the group. "Protect!" The poodle Pokémon let out a howl as a blue sphere of protective energy surrounded it and blocked the ice attack.


Back in the ocean, the Reefincer continued to attack the robot. But no matter how many times they struck it with their Crabhammer, the metal monster would not yield to the onslaught. Score laughed at their attempts, "You know, trying the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result is the textbook definition of insanity."

"Or stupidity," Rickashay added as it commanded the robot to smash several more with its claw. They laughed again as they watched all the Reefincer fly back into the water.

"AHAHAHA!!! Admit it you weaklings! We're taking your coral and there's nothing you can do about it!" The Reefincer all turned to the robot, glaring at it with pure hatred in their eyes. "Ohh, wotcha' gonna do about it?!"

"REEF!" they all roared as a barrage of Acid came out of their mouths, striking the robot dead-on. As soon as the corrosive liquid touched the metal, it began to eat the armor with ease.

"What the heck?!" Score yelped as he smelt the smell of the melting metal, "GET THIS STUFF OFF OF US!" The robot dipped itself into the water, trying to get the Acid off. This action alone gave the Reefincer the chance to strike it with their Crabhammer attacks, focusing on the spot they guessed their coral was being stored. And as they did this, the armoring soon buckled and the coral was freed.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Score screamed as the robot swung its claws through the water, knocking the Reefincer away.


"Aura Sphere/Steel Wing/Sucker Punch!" Springer, Steeledge and Furfrou all ran at their opponents, attacks all glowing on their person. Springer struck Stompice with the sphere as Steeledge sliced Spikorn and Furfrou socked Jesterror.

The three staggered back in pain as Fancy and Persian stepped up. "This ends now," he pulled back his sleeve to reveal a white bracelet that had a black gemstone on it.

Twilight gasped at the sight, "A Z-Ring!"

"A what?" Flash asked, only to see Fancy begin to swing his arms around while the gem unleashed a purple light.

"Now, let the darkness consume you and be swallowed by the void!" The light shot out and struck Persian, "BLACK HOLE ECLIPSE!" A crimson red and black sphere appeared in front of Persian's mouth, which it fired that the three. The trio dodged the sphere, smirking as it shot past them, only for it to explode and create a large red and black vortex of energy. That vortex unleashed a powerful suction, which the three found themselves unable to escape.

"JEST/STOMP/CORN!" They cried as they were all sucked into the hole, which then reverted back into its sphere shape before exploding into a burst of dark energy. The three Pokémon where sent flying out of the explosion and smashed right into the robot, knocking it off balance.

"What the heck?!" Score yelped as they saw their Pokémon all have swirls in their eyes.

"Now we got 'em! Aura Sphere!"

"Air Cutter!"

"Shadow Ball!"

"Dark Pulse!"

The four Pokémon unleashed their attacks as the Reefincer launched a combined Acid attack. The corrosive liquid struck the machine, melting the first section of the hull before the four attacks struck, causing the whole thing to explode. The coral the robot had stolen began to rain down while the criminals and their Pokémon were sent flying.

"Oh come on!" Score screamed. "What even was that attack?!"

"I think it's called a Z-Move," Rickashay added. "Very powerful, and not something just any trainer can do." Boulder nodded with a grumble while Score turned red with rage.

"CHEATERS!" Was the last thing he cried before they disappeared into the horizon.

Back on the island, everyone was still marveling at Fancy's Z-Move. But their amazement and joy were short lived, as the ground below them began to shake again. "What's happening?" Spike asked.

"The damage they did to the coral must have been too much," Doc theorized. "The whole structure's breaking apart."

"So the island's going to sink?" Flash asked, Doc nodding with a frown. "But what about the Pokémon living here?!"

"Could we take them back to the cruise ship?" Fleur asked next.

"I don't think there's enough time," Fancy replied. "We can't fit all of them into the motorboat, and I doubt we'd even have time to make two trips."

Twilight looked around and saw the Pokémon who lived on the island running, but had nowhere safe to go. She looked back to the others, "There has to be something we can do!"

It was in this moment that the Reefincer suddenly grouped together, all having been gathering the coral fragments Score had tried to steal. Pincers full, they all began to dive under the water. "What are they doing?" Spike asked.

"I think...I think they're gonna try and repair the damage done to the structure."

"But it's already collapsing," Doc told them. "What happens if they can't do it?"

"I'm not sure, but I know one thing. If they enter the structure and are unable to repair it, there's no way they'll be able to escape before it collapses on top of them." This made the others gasp before looking back at the water, fear embracing them as they waited to see what would happen next.


Down at the bottom of ocean, the Reefincer landed on the seabed before several of them began to scuttle towards their collapsing home. Heading inside one of the remaining tunnels, they began to reinforce them with the pieces of coral. This caused the shaking to slow, but not entirely stop. They then headed up to the more damaged areas, all becoming nervous as they watched the ceilings begin to crack. But despite this, they got to work reinforcing and repairing the damage done.

Outside the nest, the other Reefincer started welding the larger pieces of broken coral back into place. They had to act fast since the seawater they were in would quickly dissolve their Acid attack. There, they carefully fired at certain spots to add the coral pieces, all in only a second before the acid was washed away.

Back inside, the Reefincer were now in the last remaining tunnel, right next to the most damaged area. The problem was, they had hit a snag in the reinforcement. A Z shaped patch of damaged coral needed to be reinforced, but the Reefincer couldn't figure out how to fit the coral into place.

It was then that one of the Reefincer remembered something before pushing its way over to the spot, grabbing a long piece of coral and using its Acid attack to cut it into three pieces. It then stuck those pieces into the hole before welding it into place.


Back on the cliff, everyone grew more and more worried...only for the shaking to suddenly stop. The sensation made all of them look at each other, only for Fancy to sigh in relief, "They...they managed to stabilize the island."

"Phew," Spike moaned as he fell back onto his butt.

"That was too close," Flash added as he sat on edge of the cliff and swung his legs over it. He then looked down, now seeing the Reefincer begin to surface. He began to clap, "Nice work! You saved a whole lot of lives today!" The others followed suit, giving the Reefincer a round of applause.

The Reefincer looked up at the ones given them praise before turning to one another in pairs. They then unleashed a Water Gun, which connected and created a series of rainbows like no other.


Later...

After checking over the island and making sure everything was okay, our heroes and their friends returned to the boat. Along the way, they had ran into the sailor, who had been worried sick due to the shaking, but a quick explanation had calmed his nerves. Now they were all standing on the beach, the Reefincer there to see them off.

Fleur then turned to her husband. "I'm still a little worried. What if the repairs they did break under the strain?"

Fancy gave her a reassuring smile. "No need to worry. Don't forget, the coral is constantly growing. In time, it'll restrengthen to the way it was before. Until then, I'm sure the Reefincer will be able to keep the coral strong." The Reefincer all nodded at this.

Fleur sighed, "Alright...I'm still a little worried though."

Flash chuckled at this before crouching down to the Reefincer's level, "Guess we'll see you around." In reply, the Reefincer he had helped held out a claw. Flash smiled and bumped it with his fist. After this, they all climbed into the boat before the Reefincer pushed it back into the water. Once it was kicked into gear, the boat began to sail away from the island, the Reefincer waving them off from the beach while the heroes waved back and yelled their goodbyes.

And as the beach went out of view, they all slumped over to bathe in the glow of the sunset. Fancy let out a small chuckle, "So, happy you came?"

They all nodded as Flash replied, "Definitely."

"You were right," Twilight added. "Its the most beautiful place in Equestria."

Fleur and Fancy both smiled at this. "We're glad you think so." Fleur continued, only to snap her fingers, "By the way, how about when we get back to the ship, we have a battle? You said you were taking part in a tournament, so I'm sure it would be great training."

This made Flash shin a huge grin as he remembered Fancy's Z Move. "I'm game for that."

Twilight nodded. "Same here."

"I wouldn't mind going up against you," Doc agreed.

"Excellent. And who knows," Fancy pulled back his sleeve to reveal his Z ring. "You might push me into going all out." They laughed at this as the cruise ship came into view. Their day at Coral Island had been an eventful one, that was to be sure. Who knows what exciting situations our heroes will find themselves in, out at the high seas. You'll have to stay tuned to find out.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this and enjoyed seeing Fancy and Fleur. I've always liked Fancy, so I decided to give him something special.


Pokemon

Name: Reefincer
Design: Tamatoa body shape with the designs I mentioned.
Name: Reef and Pincer
Pronounced: Ree-fin-sir

PreviousChapters Next