• Published 19th May 2018
  • 5,081 Views, 673 Comments

Pokémon: Harmony and Chaos - Banshee531



Welcome to the Equestria Region, a land of Pokémon. Here, one young boy will begin his quest to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer ever known. With his partner Springer, he'll make new friends, rivals, and enemies on this brand new adventure.

  • ...
6
 673
 5,081

PreviousChapters Next
Pinkie-Licious

Continuing on his quest to become a Pokémon master, Flash and his friends find themselves at yet another quiet little town. They were now currently all resting in the village's park, enjoying a picnic lunch prepared by Doc.

"This is great Doc," Flash commented as he took another bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah. Its absolutely delicious," Twilight added as she finished hers' off before sipping down the last of her juice. She then watched Spike stuff his mouth with the entire sandwich before gulping down his drink, then began mumbling something through the food. "Spike, don't talk with your mouth full." She tossed a napkin at him, telling him to wipe the crumbs off his face.

Spike did as he was told while he continued to eat, "Sorry, but this stuff's so good! I wanna eat all of it now!"

Doc laughed at this as he finished his own sandwich. "That's nice and all, but I think I'd prefer it if you slow down and savor the food Spike. Besides, I doubt you'd enjoy it if you accidently choked yourself."

At the same time, Springer, Owlicious, Skyler, Riptide, Prongs, Viper and Peewee were happily munching on the pellet-like food that had been laid out for them. Much like Spike, both Riptide and Peewee shoved as much of the food in their mouths as possible, which led them to finishing first.

"Ak/Terr..." the two moaned as they sat there staring at their now empty bowls, the others still eating at a regular pace. For a moment, the two thought about somehow swiping some of their teammate's food, but doubted their trainers would let that go unpunished. As they instead just sat there staring, their noses suddenly twitched. It was the smell of food, and it was behind them.

As the others continued to enjoy their meals, the two little Pokémon stood up and began to follow the smell. The duo soon found themselves going through a barrage of bushes, where they soon found the source of the smell. Sitting on a park bench was Pokémon they had never seen before. It looked like an alligator, with mainly dark green skin and a light green underbelly along with a light green lower jaw. It was about two foot in length with a half foot long tail, and it sported a pair of large bright purple eyes. It was currently staring at a plate that had some kind green muffin, though its body didn't move an inch.

Riptide and Peewee moved over to the bench and looked up at the Pokémon, Riptide asking what it was currently eating. However, the little Pokémon didn't reply. In fact, it didn't even seem to notice them as it just stood there. Peewee then asked it if it was okay, only to also not receive an answer. The two then blinked at the sight of the motionless Pokémon, their faces soon turning red in frustration at being ignored.

Then, the little Pokémon did something. It opened its mouth, revealing it to be completely toothless as a long tongue shot out and hit the muffin. It slowly licked the muffin, then retracted the tongue back into its mouth. Riptide and Peewee shared a confused look at the sight before climbing up onto the bench. They looked down at the muffin before pulling off a small chunk, which they both popped into their mouths. Seconds later, their bodies shivered at the bitter taste that moved through their bodies.

"AK/TERRA!" They both cried as they stuck out their tongues.

Before they could say anything else, the sound of giggling made the two look up. There, they spotted a girl with light pink skin and puffy dark pink hair, wearing a white shirt with a heart on the front along with a blue vest. She also wore a pink skirt that had three balloons on them, and blue knee high boots. The girl stood behind the bench and smiled down at duo. "Hi there, are you new friends of Gummy?!" Riptide and Peewee gave her a confused look, both tilting their heads at the question before she continued to speak, "I'm guessing that bitter Poke-Muff wasn't to your taste, was it?" She then shoved both hands into her hair before pulling out a red and a blue colored variant of the muffin. "Here, try these instead."

The two once again shared a look, only to shrug it off as they took the treat into their mouths.


Back with Flash and the others, they had finished their meals and were all beginning to pack up. As Twilight collected the empty Pokémon dishes, she spoke up, "Uh...guys. We have a problem."

Everyone turned to her as Flash asked, "What is it?"

"We're missing two. Riptide and Peewee aren't here."

"What?" Flash and Spike yelped before looking around, soon seeing she was right.

"This isn't good," Doc added.

"Peewee!" Spike called out. "You around here!?"

Flash and Twilight returned all the Pokémon except Springer, who Flash leaned down and asked, "Can you pick up on their auras?"

"Ri," Springer nodded before closing his eyes and focusing. After a few seconds, his ears flared up as he found what he was looking for. "Riolu!" He turned and rushed into the bushes, the others following after him. It wasn't long till they found the bench, complete with Riptide, Peewee and the pink teen with her alligator Pokémon.

"Riptide! What are you doing?!" Flash yelled to Riptide, who just ignored him as he munched down on a blue muffin.

"Peewee!" Spike saw his Terragon eating a red muffin. "Why'd you run off?"

Peewee, like Riptide, didn't look up at him as he was too focused on his meal. It was here that the girl by them suddenly disappeared, only to reappear right in front of the group.

"Hiya!" She cheerfully said as she presented her head, "I'm Pinkie Pie, nice to meet you! Are these your Pokémon, cuz they're really cute! Wanna be friends?"

The four humans and their Pokémon all stared at her without blinking, already overwhelmed by the girl's excitement before Flash spoke up, "Uhhh….hi. My name is Flash, and this is my partner Springer."

"Ri," Springer added in a confused tone.

"I'm Twilight," the bespectacled girl next to him continued. "And this is my brother..."

"Spike," the youngest added.

"And you can call me Doc," Doc finished.

Flash turned to Riptide, who had finished his Poke-Muff, and crouched down so he was eye level. "Hey! You gave us a scare Riptide. You should know better than to wonder off."

Riptide looked down at this, "Aquana…."

"You too Peewee," Twilight told the Terragon, whose mouth was still wide open.

Pinkie stepped between the trainers and Pokémon. "Sorry about that, but I think this is all my fault. I think my Poke-Muff's smell caught their attention." She pulled another Poke-Muff out of her hair, this time pink, and shoved it in her mouth before continuing, "You know how it is. A strong smell gets up your nose and you can't help but follow it."

Flash frowned at her before rubbing his chin, "Poke-Muffs? Where have I heard that name before?"

Twilight turned to him while confidently readjusting her glasses. "Poke-Muffs are a kind of treat for both humans and Pokémon. They're made with berries, which change their flavor."

Hearing this made Flash snap his fingers, "That's right! I remember now...my Grandmother always made them for her Pidgeot."

"Yup," Pinkie replied as she picked up Gummy and held him to her chest, "they're mine and Gummy's favorite treats!"

Flash glanced at Gummy before pulling out his Pokedex.

Name: Gumigator
Category: Toothless Pokémon
Type: Water/Normal
Info: Because it has no teeth, it uses its powerful long tongue to wrap up its food and crush it into paste. It's large eyes allow it to see far, even underwater.

Everyone stared at the Gumigator as it didn't move despite being held by Pinkie. They all blinked at the sight, slightly disturbed that the Pokémon wouldn't even move. Seeing this, Twilight asked, "Is he uh...is he okay?"

In reply, Pinkie just laughed. "He's fine. This is normal for him."

"If you say so," Spike replied despite not looking convinced.

Doc turned to him and patted his head. "Every Pokémon has its own unique personality Spike. Best not to judge, as that's what makes them so special."

"Yup yup yup!" Pinkie replied before hugging Gummy tightly. "And Gummy's extra special!" Her eyes then went wide as a bulb went off in her head. "Hey, that reminds me! There's a special Poke-Muff class going on today in town and they said they need a few more people! I bet it'd be super fun if we all took it together."

This suggestion surprised the group, only for Flash to hum in agreement, "Um...sure. I'm game." Flash then turned to his companions. "Its not like we can do anything right now since its a little late to leave town."

Twilight opened her journal, only to see a weather report, "Not only that, its suspected to rain tonight. Best not to hit the road." She closed the journal as she looked back at Pinkie, "At the same time, it sounds like it would be a great learning experience. I'm in, especially if its something I don't know."

"I'm always up for anything if food's involved," Spike added, Peewee nodding in agreement.

"Same here," Doc finished as he snapped his fingers. "It would allow me to expand my culinary skills ten fold."

"Then it's settled! Follow me!" Pinkie cheered as she marched through the village. They all soon left the park, only to arrive a small bakery in town that Pinkie gestured too with a huge smile, "Welcome, to Sugarcube Corner!"

The others stepped inside and saw the place was filled with sweet treats of many kinds, all for both humans or Pokémon. It was here that a plump woman stepped in from another room. She had blue skin and pink swirling hair while wearing a yellow dress along with a white apron. "Hello dearies. What can I get for you all?"

Pinkie's smile brightened. "We're here for your cooking class!"

"Oh? That's wonderful! I'm Mrs. Cake. Please, come on into the back." She stepped into the room she had just exited, with the others following afterwards. They soon found themselves in a large kitchen area with many different cooking machines filling it.

Working on one of those machines was a lanky man with yellow skin, orange hair and dressed in a blue shirt, brown pants and apron. The man looked up from his work and smiled at the group. "Ah, more new students? This'll be fun, I'm sure of it. I'm Mr Cake, nice to meet you."

Everyone smiled and introduced themselves. Soon, the they were all wearing aprons and learning the basics of Poke-Muff baking. It started with Mrs. Cake lecturing, "Okay everyone, making Poke-Muffs is like making normal muffins, but with special berries in the mix. You start by making the muffin dough, which requires the following ingredients." She placed a large bowl in front of her and began filling it. "One and a half cups of flour, three quarters of a cup of sugar, two tea spoons of baking powder and a half tea spoon of salt. Once they're all together, mix it until all the ingredients are combined into one."

Everyone started to follow these instructions. Flash and Spike seemed to just bung their ingredients in, while Twilight and Doc carefully measured theirs out. Pinkie seemed to be doing the same as Flash and Spike, but her portions looked more like Twilight and Doc's.

"Good," Mr. Cake said as he saw everyone had finished the first part. "Now, we need the berries." He motioned for them to follow as he stepped over to a walk-in fridge and opened it up. Everyone stepped inside and found themselves in berry-topia. The fridge's shelves were filled to the brim in berries, and all of them appeared to be divided into five sections: red, blue, yellow, green and a pink area.

Mr. Cake turned back to them. "Now you pick your berries. To help you, each section has a berry with a certain taste. Spicy, dry, sour, bitter and sweet."

"Awesome!" Spike cheered as he started grabbing berries from each section, "I'm gonna make the world's best Poke-Muffs, so I'll combine all the best looking berries into one!"

The rest of the group all started picking their own berries, Twilight being the slowest as she started with a Tanga Berry, "Let's see...this looks good. Though I will admit, this one has a little less luster than it could have. Hmm..."

Meanwhile, Flash was in the blue section. "Let's see. Maybe...this one," he grabbed a Wiki Berry followed by a Charti Berry. "This one too."

"You look good," Doc picked up a Jaboca Berry, his wrist twisting around as he examined every bit of the berry. "Yes, definitely a high-quality berry."

Pinkie also picked several berries, picking them without a second's hesitation. Once everyone had their pick, they headed back into the kitchen and got to work. They pealed the berries and chopped them up before placing them into pans of boiling water. Everyone watched as they all melted, mixing with the water to become a thick liquid that were many different colors.

Seeing them all ready, Mr. and Mrs. Cake continued. "Now, we need to mix the liquid in with the dough."

Mr. Cake then added, "Remember to make sure not to beat the batter. Doing so will make the batter tough and hard to eat, which will ruin the enjoyment of the treat."

Everyone nodded and got to work, mixing the stuff together. Once the two were combined, Pinkie dipped two fingers into it before licking on clean. "Ummm," she moaned before holding to other finger out to her Gumigator, "wanna try?" Gummy opened his mouth and shot out a tongue, which licked up the dough before sucking it into its mouth. Then...nothing. It just stood there without blinking. It was here that Pinkie cheered, "You like it? Great!"

"How can she tell?" Spike asked, blinking at the sight in pure confusion.

Flash took out a spoonful and tried it, liking the taste. "Not bad..." he offered some to Springer. "What do you think bud?"

The Riolu licked it up before smiling and giving a thumbs up, "Riolu!"

With the batter thoroughly mixed, the Cakes had them separate the treats into muffin dishes before placing them in the oven. As they waited, Twilight turned to Pinkie, "So Pinkie...what are you doing? You must be on a Pokémon journey, right?"

"Yup, yup, yup," Pinkie chimed as she bent down and scratched Peewee on the back of the head, a technique she used on Gummy many times and was certainly giving the Terragon a great deal of joy.

Flash slightly raised an eyebrow at this, "Let me guess, badge quest?"

Pinkie rapidly shook her head, "Nope! I'm not collecting badges. I'm just travelling because it's fun."

"Fun?" Doc asked next.

"Yuperooni! I wanna see the world and do as many fun things as possible! That and I wanna make as many friends as I can! I don't care who they are, I just wanna be their friends."

Spike nodded at this, "Cool."

Twilight nodded in agreement. "Making friends is always a great goal."

Pinkie smiled at this. "Thanks, that means a lot." She leaned back against the counter and looked up at the ceiling. "Where I come from, there's not a lot of fun things to do. The place it total dullsville, so I wanna find a way to make it way more fun. But to do that, I need to learn as much as I can about the many wonders of the world. That's why I train and battle, because it helps me understand those I battle."

Everyone smiled as they heard this, but then a certain smell caught their noses. "Is something burning?" Flash asked before his eyes went wide as he turned to see smoke coming out of the oven, "Oh no!"

The rest of them took this as a sign to remove their creations from the ovens, allowing them to take a look. Twilight had made several red Poke-Muffs, while Doc's had come out green. Pinkie's Poke-Muffs were multiple different colors, while Spike's were a creamy white. Finally, Flash's were pitch black and crispy.

It was here that Mrs. Cake chimed in, "Alright everyone, shall we give them a taste test?"

"Don't forget to let your Pokémon out to try," Mr. Cake added.

"Right!" Everyone replied as Flash and Twilight let out their Pokémon.

"Psychick."

"Chickling."

"Aquana."

"Thawn."

"Hisscor."

Pinkie also pulled out a Pokeball. "Mellow, come out and party!" She tossed it in the air, causing it to unleash the usual red energy that hit the ground and took shape. It faded to reveal a Pokémon that looked like a large, pure white marshmallow, complete with a pair of large, simple black dot eyes and a basic mouth with shining teeth on the front.

"Mell...mellow." it said in a happy tone.

"Whose that Pokémon?" Flash asked as he pulled out his Pokedex

Name: Mellow
Category: Sugar Candy Pokémon
Type: Fairy
Info: This Pokémon moves by bouncing its body around. Because they're so soft, people love to hug them despite usually ending up a sticky mess.

Each of the trainers placed their Poke-Muffs onto plates and put them on the floor, "Grubs up." Peewee began to eat Spike's, only to give Spike a frown.

"Hey!" Spike almost yelled as the Terragon walked off after a single bite. "Where you going?! I used so many berries that it's gotta be great." Deciding to test it himself, he took a bite, only to stick his tongue out, "What the heck? There's no taste!" He then heard the sound of Mrs. Cake laughing and looked up at her.

"My guess is that you used so many different berries that the flavors nullified each other and made it mild."

"Oh..." Spike frowned before turning to Peewee. The Terragon had moved over to Twilight's plate, where he and Owlicious were chowing down.

"There you go," Twilight told them with a big smile. "I knew spicy was the way to go. Dragonoid and bird like creatures are immune to the chemical that causes the spicy kick, so you two should like these just fine. You like?"

"PSYCHICK/TERRAGON!" The two cheered happily as they ate.

Meanwhile, Flash was staring down at his completely untouched Poke-Muffs. He then turned to look at his Pokémon, who had all chosen to try Doc and Pinkie's instead. "Traitors..." he said before grabbing one of them. "Fine then, I'll just have them all myself!" With that, he took a massive bite out of the black treats. Seconds later, the group spotted Flash sitting in the corner, looking at the wall. "Yuck..."

Everyone laughed at this as the Cakes moved over to him. "It's your first time," Mrs. Cake told him.

"You'll get the hang of it," Mr. Cake finished.

"Sure..." Flash replied drily.


Once everyone had finished their snack, Pinkie made a suggestion that made Doc ask, "A battle?"

"Sure!" Pinkie replied, nodding rapidly. "Now that we've had a sugary snack, the best way to burn off that energy is a battle."

The others all shared a look before nodding, all agreeing to this as Twilight spoke up, "Sure, but who's gonna battle?"

Flash was about to say something, only to stop as Pinkie started pointing at them one at a time. "Eenie meenie miney mo, catch a Luxray by its toe. If it zaps, let it go. Eneie meenie, miney...MO!" She finished her song as she pointed at Doc. "I'll battle you."

Doc pointed to himself in surprise. "Me?"

Pinkie quickly nodded at this while Flash let out a long moan. "Aww...I wanted to battle."

Twilight rolled her eyes as she patted Flash's back. "Its okay Flash. You don't have to battle everyone you meet."

This statement made Flash look at her in pure shock. "How dare you!"

Ignoring the two, Pinkie shined a huge grin at Doc. "So, what do you say?"

Doc blinked at this, only to smile and nod, "Sure. I haven't had a chance to really battle in a while."

"Great! Let's go!"

The Cakes soon lead the group outside to a grassy area nearby. They decided that this was the perfect battle ground for them to use and Pinkie skipped over to one side of the area, while Doc remained where he was. Flash, Spike, the Cakes and their Pokémon remained at the side, while Twilight stepped up to the center with a slight adjustment of her glasses. "Alright, this'll be a one on one battle with no substitutions. Is that understood?"

"Okie dokie loki!" Pinkie replied while Doc simply nodded.

"Alright, then please select your Pokémon."

Pinkie turned to her two, the look on her face making them all think she was thinking hard, only for her to start pointing at her Pokémon. "Eenie meenie miney mo, catch a Luxray by its toe. If it zaps, let it go. Eenie meenie, miney...MO!" Her finger landed on Mellow, making the living glop smile. "Alright Mellow, party time!"

"Mellow!" It cheered before bouncing along the ground until it was in front of Pinkie.

Seeing this, Doc weighed his options. "Okay, what do I know about Mellow? They are known to have incredibly defense, so causing damage to one will be difficult. It has the Sweet Vail ability, but that won't bother me since none of my Pokémon have a sleep inducing attack. But its also a Fairy-Type, meaning my Steel-Types have an advantage against her....but Tockwork would have problems due to his speed. In that case, my best move would probably be..."

From where she stood, Pinkie frowned as she started tapping her foot. "What's taking so long?! Let's battle!"

Doc frowned at her impatience. "Alright then. Since you don't like waiting, I'll pick speed and hit you as many times as possible." He pulled out his Pokeball and tossed it into the air. "Higear, I need your assistance!" The Pokeball opened up, soon revealing the gear Pokémon.

"Hi," it said as it started to float around.

Pinkie waved at the Pokémon, "Hi to you too!"

"Alright. Are both trainers ready?" Twilight asked as her gaze shifted between the two, the trainers soon nodding. "Then battle...begin!"

"Gear Grind!" Doc ordered as Higear's gear like hands began spinning before shooting towards Mellow.

Pinkie smiled at this before pointing at Mellow. "Dodge it!"

"Mell!" As the gears got close to it, Mellow's body suddenly stretched up until it was six foot tall and as thin as a stick. The gears flew past either side of the marshmallow Pokémon, completely missing it. As soon as the threat was gone, Mellow's body bounced back to how it was before.

"No way," Spike whispered in shock

"That thing's body must be made out of some super stretch material," Flash added. "I don't think hitting it's gonna be easy."

"Our turn! Tackle attack Mellow!" Mellow jumped up, soon bouncing on the ground like a spring. The bounce then suddenly increased in speed, causing Mellow to instantly crash into Higear.

"HIGEAR!" He yelped as he was thrown back while Mellow hopped off form the tackle, soon bouncing back to the ground without a care in the world. Meanwhile, Higear managed to steady itself in midair, his face now covered in the sticky residue. "Gear..." he moaned as he used his hands to try and wipe the gunk off.

"Stay focused Higear," Doc told him. "Let's try a more direct attack. Tackle!"

"Higear!" The floating gear began spinning around before shooting towards Mellow.

Everyone expected Pinkie to tell Mellow to dodge, only for Pinkie to point forward and say, "You got this Mellow! Take the hit!"

"Mell!" Mellow stood still as Higear slammed into it, only for the marshmallow Pokémon's body to ripple from the impact before going flying. Everyone watched as it landed back on the grass, only to bounce off it again and land right side up.

"You gotta be kidding me," Spike yelped as he pointed at the mushroom Pokémon. "That was a direct attack, so why didn't it do any damage?!"

"It probably did do some damage," Twilight explained as she adjusted her glasses at the sight. "But its squishy body is absorbing most of the impact and leaving it unharmed. Its like its wearing a suit of air bags, slowing down the attack until all that hits the body is a light tap."

"That can't be good," Flash added as looked back at Higear. "That means no physical attacks are gonna do much, if any damage."

"And Higear only knows physical attacks," Spike finished.

"Your friend probably would have had a better shot if he used another Pokémon," Mr. Cake said next, only for his wife to nudge him.

"But dear, he can't swap Pokémon in this match." Mrs. Cake continued, "He'll have to try something else if he wants to win."

Doc let out a low growl as he looked over the battle, "I have to think. Battles like this are exactly why I went on this journey, so its time to see if I learned anything."

"Let's use Play Rough!" Pinkie cheered before Mellow bounced towards Higear, its body stretching out as it rammed Higear, a series of blows following before leaping back to a safe distance. "Hooray! Go Mellow!"

Doc frowned at Pinkie's cheering, his eyes narrowing as he said to himself, "Think. You need to think. There's got to be some gaping weakness to that thing's defenses."

"Tackle it again!" Pinkie ordered as she pointed at Higear.

"Dodge it!" Doc countered, Higear quickly floating away from the bouncing mushroom. "Well, at least Higear's faster..." those words made a bulb appear over Doc's head. "Ah. That could work. Higear, use Shift Gear!"

"Higear!" He yelled as the gear ring around his body started spinning.

"That looks like fun! Now use Play Rough Mellow!" Mellow shot up at Higear again, stretching its body as it tried to attack.

"Dodge it and use Shift Gear again," Doc ordered. Higear did as told, managing to outmaneuver the attack as its gear spun around. Mellow landed on the ground again, its squishy body molding itself back into form.

"Hey! That's no fun!" Pinkie complained before putting her finger on her chin, only to snap her fingers a second later. "Hmmm...if he's gonna keep doing that, then I gotta liven things up a bit. Use Laughing Fit!"

"Mell," Mellow bounced back until it was in front of Pinkie, only to start laughing. "Mell, mell, mell, mell, mell," it's laughing echoed around the place, making the whole battlefield vibrate. But despite this, it didn't do anything to Higear.

The gear Pokémon looked at Mellow in confusion, its hands soon scratching the top of its head as Spike commented, "What's going on? That move's not doing anything."

"Weird..." Flash added as his Pokémon all gave confused looks as well.

In this moment, Mellow stopped laughing as the Pokémon and Pinkie shared a smile. "Now, Play Rough!" Mellow shot into the air and contorted its body before slamming into Higear, sending him crashing into the ground.

"Higear!" Doc cried.

"That had to hurt," Flash added, "But why did he take so much damage?"

Doc growled at this as he explained, "Laughing Fit, a signature move for both Mellow and its evolved form. It increases their defense and special defense stats while lulling its opponents into lowering theirs. It's a odd move, but its strong."

"So Mellow's gonna take even less damage now?" Spike asked with a slight gulp.

"Looks like it," Flash added.

"Unless whatever Doc has planned works," Twilight finished.

"Let's find out," Doc said as he watched Higear float back into the air, "You doing okay there?"

"Higear," he nodded before turning back to Mellow.

"Alright then. Use Gyro Ball!"

"Higear!" He started spinning around at high speed, the previous Shift Gears increasing the move's power.

Once again, Pinkie didn't tell Mellow to dodge. Instead, "Substitute!" As Higear struck Mellow, the marshmallow Pokémon suddenly exploded in a puff of smoke.

"Hi?" Higear yelped, only to look up and see Mellow in the air above him.

"Play Rough!" Mellow's body stretched out and slammed into the gear Pokémon, only to be grabbed by its steel hands.

"That's it!" Doc cheered as he pointed at Higear, "Now hold on tight and use Gyro Ball!"

"Higear!" He used all his strength to keep Mellow in his clutches before spinning, pulling Mellow in the same turning tornado.

"MELLOW!" It cried as it spun around and around, the speed proving to much for the gooey Pokémon. Then, Higear released it, only for Mellow to slam into the ground, its squishy body barely cushioning the blow.

"Mellow!" Pinkie yelled as she saw her Pokémon stagger up, its body waving back and forth.

"Quickly, before it recovers! Gear Grind!"

"Higear!" Higear tossed its gear hands at Mellow.

"Dodge it Mellow!" Pinkie told it, only for the gears to slam into the mushroom Pokémon, as it didn't have the energy to move from the previous blow.

"Mellow!" It cried as the two gears collided and sandwiched the mushroom, all while grinding the Pokémon from both sides.

"Now Gyro Ball!" Higear once again spun around before shooting forwards, heading straight at Mellow.

"Come on Mellow, use Substitute!" Pinkie told her Pokémon. Mellow tried to use the attack, but the confusion from the previous attacks made it still stagger, only for the gear Pokémon to slam into it again.

"Mell!" It screamed as it felt the dirt underneath hit its body.

"Alright, now spin back around for another one." Higear did as he was told, spinning around in the air to aim at Mellow again.

"Please Mellow, you can't let this one hit you!" Gummy, who was currently on Pinkie's head, blinked at the marshmallow Pokémon. "That's right! Like Gummy said, you can do it! Use Substitute!" Mellow picked itself up as these words went into his head. It looked up and saw Higear spinning towards it at high speed, and tried to focus enough to use the move. Then, as Higear struck it with Gyro Ball, Mellow exploded into a puff of smoke. "YES!"

Higear stopped spinning and looked up, only to once again see Mellow staring down at it. Seconds later, the two heard their trainers yell the same word. "Tackle!" Higear shot up at Mellow, who in turn allowed gravity to increase its attack power. The two slammed into one another, Mellow's squishy body absorbing the force of both attacks before they bounced off one another.

The two flew back until they were right in front of their trainers. But as they stared each other down, Pinkie looked over Mellow and stepped forward. "That's enough."

Everyone gave her an odd look, Doc especially as he replied, "What?"

"This was fun," Pinkie told him as she crouched down and patted Mellow on the head. "There's no point in going further now that we've had fun. I'd prefer not to have Mellow be injured anymore then it already is."

"But the battle..." Spike squeaked out as he pointed at the two trainers. "You need to decide who wins."

Pinkie tilted her head at the young teen, "Why? We had fun, so we're both winners."

Spike opened his mouth to reply, only to feel Flash's hand on his shoulder. "I don't think you're gonna win this argument buddy. Just let it go."

Spike looked up at Flash, a sigh soon following, "Fine. Sorry."

"Yay!" Pinkie cheered before picking Mellow up and hugging it to her face. "You're the best!"

"Mellow!" Her Pokémon replied happily.

Twilight, who was still surprised at the turn of events, just blinked as she readjusted her glasses, "Well...I guess we can count this as a draw?"

"Lets," Doc added while rubbing his chin. "Though I must say, I didn't see that coming."

"So what now?" Spike asked next.

"Well, I don't know about you, but all that battling made me hungry." Pinkie told them as she licked her lips, "I need sugar, stat!" Everyone laughed at this, only for Pinkie to frown, "I'm serious!"


Not too long afterwards, we find our heroes back in the kitchen.

Flash and his Pokémon were both crouched down and watching the oven intensely, not daring to even blink for fear of his Poke-Muffs burning. "Any minute now..." Flash whispered as his chin was in his hands.

"Ri..." Springer copied Flash. Every couple of seconds he would sniff, trying to pick up on any burning smell. Riptide and Skyler were both preparing themselves in case their tasty treats caught fire and the two were forced to fan and or water them down. Meanwhile, Prongs and Viper were at the back of the group, the two not wanting to be anywhere near the ovens for fear of either causing a fire or being set on fire.

Spike was also waiting for his Poke-Muffs, which this time was only made using one type of berry. "One Cheri, one Leppa, one Figy, one Pinap, one Tanga and an Enigma Berry." He turned to Peewee with a grin, "this'll be the spiciest Poke-Muff anyone has ever created."

"Terr!" Peewee cheeed before licking his lips.

Across the room, the others were watching Doc as he worked on Higear. He was using a blue torch to illuminate the insides on Higear's mouth, allowing him to see if any of the gear was damaged or disconnected with the rest of its system. "Hmm...everything looks to be in order."

"Yay!" Pinkie clapped as Gummy shook on her head with a blank stare, "it'd be no fun if our battle did any damage to our new friend."

"No problem Pinkie," Doc replied as he patted Higear on the head. "It takes more than a hard battle to do any serious damage to Higear. He's tougher than he looks," he then looked at her and smiled. "Just like you. Despite how you act, you've got some incredible battle instincts."

Twilight nodded in agreement. "He's right. Doc was barely able to do any real damage to Mellow. You've got a strong Pokémon there."

"Thanks," Pinkie said before picking up both Gummy and Mellow and hugging them to her chest. "I think weird looking and acting Pokémon are the best! That's why I train them. I'm sure they'll help me in my quest to brighten the world, even if its only by a little bit."

Twilight and Doc both smiled at that, only to hear the sound of a timer going off. They looked around and saw Flash move like lightning to get his creations out of the machine while Spike did his at a more relaxed pace. "There we go. Its done!" Flash cheered as he held up the non-burnt blue Poke-Muffs.

Mr and Mrs Cake moved over to take a look, nodding as they inspected the Poke-Muffs. "Excellent," Mrs. Cake said.

"Cooked to perfection," Mr. Cake added. "But looks are only a small part of the Poke-Muff experience. What matters is the taste."

Flash placed his Poke-Muffs on the ground as his team crowded around them. "Then lets taste test. Go ahead guys." The Pokémon all grabbed a Poke-Muff and took a bite, with Riptide and Viper looking happy at the taste, but Springer, Skyler and Prongs frowned. "What's up? You don't like them?"

"Ri/Chick/Fay," the three nodded their heads.

"Awww man," Flash grumbled as he slumped over. "I still got it wrong."

"Pokémon all have different tastes," Mrs. Cake told him. "So the same thing won't work for everyone."

"You'll just have to keep trying," Mr. Cake added.

"I guess..." Flash replied as he looked down at the treats he made. "Darn..."

At the same time, Spike was feeding his Poke-Muffs to Peewee. "What do you think?" He asked as the Terragon took a bite and his eyes watered. Now that was spicy, and he loved it. Peewee immediately started munching down as Skyler flew over. "Wanna try one?" Spike offered to the Chickling.

"Chick!" Skyler took a peck at the spicy muffin like treat before smiling. "Chickling!"

"Guess Twilight was right. Birds are immune to spice."

"I heard that," Twilight told him from across the room. "And of course I was right. When am I ever not right?"

Flash nudged the young teen, "It's a trap. Don't answer it!"

Twilight rolled her eyes as Pinkie laughed at his comment. The pink girl then as she stepped over to Springer and Prongs and reached into her hair to pull out a pair of pink Poke-Muffs. "Here you go, I'm sure you'll love these." The two licked their lips and took the treats, eating them up with smiles on their faces.

Once the Poke-Muffs were finished, everyone packed up and prepared to head out. And as Flash, Springer, Twilight, Spike and Doc was about to leave the building, Pinkie and the Cakes stood in front of their bakery. Flash then waved them goodbye, "Well, we'd better be going."

"I'm gonna head out soon enough too," Pinkie replied as she shined a huge smile. "Here's hoping we meet again on the road."

Spike snapped his fingers at this, "Hey! Maybe we could all travel together."

"That sounds like fun," Twilight added before turning to Pinkie.

Pinkie just waved her hand, "Thanks, but I think you've got a good thing going on here. Besides, the author would probably have no idea how to put me into your next few adventures without making me seem superfluous." Everyone shared a confused look at this as she continued, "I'm sure we'll meet again, and when we do, let's have another fun battle!"

"Sounds like a plan," Doc replied, nodding.

"See you around Pinkie," Flash and the others all began to walk off. As they did, they heard Pinkie cheering a goodbye as she bounced on her feet and rapidly waved goodbye.

Later on that day, Twilight pulled out her electronic journal.

Dear Professor Celestia,

Today, my friends and I met a trainer named Pinkie Pie. This meeting has helped me realize that there are as many different types of trainers out there as there are Pokémon. Her unique battle style is something special to her, just like Flash and Doc's styles are special to them. I now know that I'm gonna need to find my own unique battle style, one that when I master it, it will greatly help me learn to be a better trainer. I'll be sure to write to you more as I continue my search for this style.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

And the last of the mane six makes her debut. Hope you enjoyed it.

I'd like to thank Godslittleprincess and ArcaneMaverick17 for the idea of Poke-Muffs. My original idea for introducing Pinkie was to simply meet her, but their idea made this chapter way better.


Pokemon

Name: Gumigator
Design: Gummy
Name: Gums and Alligator
Pronounced: Gum-E-gate-tor

Name: Mellow
Design: marshmallow
Name: Melt in your mouth and Marshmallow
Pronounced: Mell-low

PreviousChapters Next