• Published 19th May 2018
  • 5,115 Views, 673 Comments

Pokémon: Harmony and Chaos - Banshee531



Welcome to the Equestria Region, a land of Pokémon. Here, one young boy will begin his quest to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer ever known. With his partner Springer, he'll make new friends, rivals, and enemies on this brand new adventure.

  • ...
6
 673
 5,115

PreviousChapters Next
Party Trainers

Having finally escaped the mighty landmark known as the Ghastly Gorge, our heroes are now only a stones throw away from Baltimare and Flash's third Equestria City Gym challenge. But before they could get there, they had now made their way to a small town to clean up, rest and restock supplies. Having gotten into town several hours after sundown, they went to the Pokémon Center and all fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Now, morning had broken and all were fully awake and refreshed.

"Hey Stone!" Twilight said to a phone screen, which showed the old man's face. Pinkie then pushed her face next to Twilight so they could both be onscreen.

"HIYA STONE!"

"We're still alive!" Flash gloated as he and Springer did the same thing, followed by Spike and Peewee.

"What's up?"

Doc then squeezed his head into the tiny space remaining in the camera's visual prowess. "It's good to see you Stone."

Twilight, who was currently being squished to the desk by everyone except Doc, had finally had enough and pushed them back, all falling onto their rears. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she glanced back at the screen. "So anyways...."

Stone laughed at the youngster's antics, "I'm glad to see you're all safe. I was starting to get worried when I didn't hear from ya'll."

"Yeah," Doc spoke up as they stood back up, "Sorry about that. You weren't kidding when you said the gorge was going to be difficult."

Flash once again pushed in front of Twilight. "But we got through it, together." A vein on Twilight forehead bulged before she reached up and gripped the pressure points on Flash's neck, making him spasm before falling over. Stone laughed again as he then asked about what happened in the gorge. As such, they explained everything that happened, including getting lost in an underground tunnel, having to win the right to refill their water from the Scrapow, and Springer along with Tockwork learning new moves while Doc caught a Steeledge. "And now we're in a little village close to the gorge," Twilight finished.

"I thought you might. I used to stay there after trips through the gorge. There's a supply hut there you can hand off any of the equipment you don't want anymore, but I'd suggest you keep them with you. You never know when you'll need a torch helmet."

"Thanks, we will." It was then that a dinging sound went off behind Stone, making him lick his lips.

"Well, my sausages are ready. Wish you lot the best of luck in all your endeavors. Now that you've conquered the Ghastly Gorge, I'm sure you'll have what it takes to overcome any obstacle. Just remember to stick together no matter what, and you'll be unstoppable." The others all nodded at this, "Goodbye."

With that, the screen went blank. It was here that the others headed out into the main foyer of the Pokémon Center. There, they saw Nurse Redheart putting up a banner while her Audino was arranging flower vases all over the room.

"Hey Nurse Redheart," she turned to Spike. "Is something happening today?"

The nurse looked at them in surprise, only to shake her head. "Oh...that's right! You got here after dark. You probably didn't see the posters and decorations."

Pinkie's nose twitched. "Poster...decorations...." her face turned into one of prayer and hope. "Are you having...a party?!"

Redheart laughed at this. "Kinda. We're having our annual town wide fair today. You arrived just in time for it. There's games, rides, tasty food, and Pokémon are even allowed in it. There's even a small battle tournament later today."

Pinkie was literally vibrating on the spot. "We...have...to...go...NOW!"

Everyone laughed at Pinkie's excitement, turning to each other and nodding while Flash shrugged, "Eh, why not? After what we went through, we could use a break to unwind."

"Yeah!" Spike agreed with a nod, "And we didn't get to enjoy the last festival we were at."

"What festival?" Pinkie asked.

Doc chuckled at this. "Its a long story involving mad scientists and giant robots." Pinkie tilted her head in confusion at this.

"Anyways!" Twilight interrupted as she walked in front of everyone, "I'm up for a bit of fun. One day of enjoyment for us an our Pokémon will be good in the long run, especially Flash's." She saw he was confused at this statement, making her smile. "We're only a day's walk from Baltimare, meaning we're probably about two days from your Gym Battle. You'll be training like mad between then and now, so I say let your Pokémon enjoy themselves."

Flash started grinning like an idiot before pulling out his four Pokeballs, tossing them up into the air. Soon enough, the four beams of red light to reveal his Pokémon. Springer jumped into the middle of the group as they all looked up at their trainer. "Alright gang, time for some fun."

"FUN!" Pinkie exclaimed tossing three Pokeballs into the air, all unleashing Gummy, Mellow and Jigglypuff. Twilight and Doc both laughed as they too released Owlicious, Tockwork, Higear and Steeledge. Peewee then hopped onto Tockwork's head as the crew ran out the door to look around. There, they saw a bunch of decorations and stands littering the streets. Many booths were already up and running, with people playing and eating from them.

They soon found out that the fair worked through tickets that you buy from booths all over town. Once the group got theirs, they started walking around for their first activity. Twilight was the first to spot one she was interested in.

"Step right up, step right up. Don't be shy!" She turned to the voice's source and saw a stand ran by a pair of twin men, both having red and white hair wearing blue and white striped shirts and white pants with bowties. The only difference between the two was that one had a moustache.

"You like prizes, we got prizes!" Moustache twin declared as he pointed up at all the Pokémon plushies.

Twilight stepped over to the booth and looked it over, seeing a bunch of bottles on a table. She turned to the twins as the one without a moustache held up a ring. "Toss this ring onto any one of these bottles, easiest game in the park." He lazily flipped the ring in the air, the ring landing on the bottle without issue.

"Wow...it does look easy."

The twins smiled. "Would you lookie here. Somebody who knows a thing or two about a thing or two." Twilight shined a grin and was about to hand over her tickets, only for Flash to grab her shoulders and pulled her away.

"Twilight, they're just sweet talking you so you'll play. These games are rigged."

"Slanderous!" Moustacheless replied.

"Libellous!" Moustache went on.

Twilight smirked at Flash. "You know what's not rigged? The laws of physics." And thus, she went into full on lecture mode. "Assuming no air resistance and a vertical displacement of zero, the ring thrown will..." but these words drained out of Flash's ears. Despite the next minute of talking, nothing went into his brain. And when she finally stopped, she turned to the booth and put down two tickets before picking up a ring, holding it up and doing the calculations in her head.

She finally let the ring fly free and saw it fly to the bottle, landing around the neck and spinning.

"Oh the suspense!" Moustacheless cried.

"The drama!" Moustache continued.

"I can't watch!"

"Hold me." They hugged as they watched. That is, till the ring flew off the bottle.

Twilight groaned at her failure, Flash now patting her on the shoulder. "That was pretty good," he held up some more tickets. "And you know what they say, practice makes perfect."

Twilight smiled back before turning to the others. "You guys go ahead. We'll catch up once we win." They nodded and headed off, Springer and Owlicious being the only ones deciding to stick around.

As the rest looked around the fair, each of them came across something they liked the look of. Spike came across a plastic fun house that had slides, net ladders and ball pits. He was just below the height limit, the one time he was happy to be the shortest of the group while Peewee and Riptide went with him.

Doc and his Pokémon found an area celebrating vintage automobiles, getting into a long and boring conversation with an owner about the different kinds of engine, which made Higear, Steeledge and even Tockwork fall asleep.

As for Pinkie, her Pokémon, Prongs and Viper were all on their own. They were currently enjoying some cotton candy as they walked into the town's park. There, they saw a bunch of kids and small Pokémon playing on a bunch of play equipment that looked like they were made out of red, blue and yellow building blocks.

There were slides, seesaws, roundabouts and many others. "Wow..." she said as she looked around, "I've never seen playgrounds like this before."

"Yeah, I know," a kid standing next to her added. "It's weird. These things just showed up overnight. But hey, we're not complaining."

Pinkie smiled and plopped Gummy on a bench, "And neither am I!" With that, she climbed on one of the slides, Prongs and Jigglypuff following after her. She reached the top and sat down while the Pokémon did the same. "Ready?" They nodded, "then let's go!" They then pushed themselves off, sliding down the plastic ramp. Once at the bottom though, they found the slide curved upward, shooting all three for a short distance.

"Whee!" Pinkie cheered as she and Prongs landed on the soft grass, Jigglypuff gently floating into Pinkie's lap. The girl giggled at this, "That was fun!"

Viper has slithered onto the bench beside Gummy and curled up while watching them play, spotting Mellow as it bounce its way up the stairs. Not having any legs, it wasn't able to do this quickly. But then it landed on the fourth step, only for the slide's staircase suddenly changed into an escalator, Mellow now finding itself being carried to the top.

"Mellow?" It asked before shrugging, now looking down the slide. There, another trainer's Wooper finished climbing to the top.

"Wooper!" It cheered happily before jumping up onto the side rail and looking down at its trainer.

"Wooper!" Said trainer called out, "What are you doing?! You're gonna fall!"

Wooper rolled its eyes as it turned back to jump down, only for a strong gust of wind to blow. "Woop!" Wooper cried as it began to lose its balance, rocking back and forth before falling off.

"Wooper!" The trainer yelled as everyone watched it fall.

"Oh no!" Pinkie grabbed Jigglypuff and ran to the slide, hoping to catch the Wooper.

But as she did this, she came to sudden stop in surprise. Out of the side of the slide, several red building blocks shot out and formed together to make a hand shape. That hand caught the Wooper, then extended and dropped Wooper into his trainer's arms.

"You okay?" The trainer asked, getting a nod from his Pokémon before everyone looked up at the slide. They then looked around at the other four pieces of play area, starting to think that they were more then just slides and roundabouts. "What are these things?"

"They're called Bloxx." They turned towards the voice, which was coming from the shadow of a tree. Seconds later, the owner stepped out to show a tall teen with fizzy brown hair and a toothpick in his mouth. He had light brown skin and was wearing blue pants and a brown poncho with a cowboy hat.

The teen removed his hat and moved closer to the group. "Alright guys, fun's over."

The group turned back to the play equipment, only for it start shifting and reshaping themselves into the exact same shape. That shape was of a gorilla-like Pokémon, with large red fists and thinning arms that were blue and yellow. The rest of its body was a mismatch of these different blocks, with black lines separating the colors. The five all began to beat their large fists into their chests like King Kong. "BLOXX!"

The others were all slack-jawed as Pinkie pulled her Pokedex out of her hair.

Name: Bloxx
Category: Building Blocks Pokémon
Type: Normal
Info: One of the weirdest Pokémon known to man, its block like body can reform into any shape for differing periods of time. Despite its bulky appearance, it is a gentle Pokémon who loves to play with children.

Pinkie put her Pokedex away and stared at the Bloxx in wonder. "What a fun Pokémon."

"Thanks," the teen replied, flipping his poncho over to reveal a yellow shirt with an image on the breast. "I'm Cheese by the way, Cheese Sandwich."

Pinkie smiled back, raising her hand to shake his.


"COME ON!" Flash yelled after watching what felt like the hundredth ring bounce off the bottle. At the same time, Twilight was letting out a groan as she opened her notebook and was looking over her calculations. The twins, the mustached one named Flam while the other one was named Flim, were busy sorting through the tickets the two teens has spent. Meanwhile, Springer and Owlicious watched their trainer's struggles to defeat this simple game, all showing frowns.

"Alright, what's next?!" Flash looked up with fire in his eyes, "How are we going to win this?!"

Twilight replied by looking up from her book with a victorious grin on her lips. "Guess who just mapped out perfect projectile trajectory, taking into account propulsion, gravity and aerodynamic drag." She pointed the pen at her face, "this gal." She gave the booth owners a knowing look. "Bet you thought I forgot about friction, air drag and varying initial velocities. Well guess what, I didn't."

"What she said!" Flash agreed as he slammed more tickets onto the table.

The Flim Flam Brothers smiled at one another as Flim handed over the ring. "You know what they say."

"Hundredth times the charm."

Flash took the ring and allowed Twilight to position him, then watched as she placed Owlicious on the table with a wing up before moving Springer into a Egyptian pose. Finally, she pushed Flash back ten paces before returning to the booth and nodding, Flash now tossing the ring.

The circular piece of plastic shot through the air, only to curve to the left and bounce off Owlicious's wing. They watched as it flew at a booth selling drums, which it bounced off before flying into a booth with a roulette wheel. It rode the wheel as it spun around, soon shooting back into the air, flying up onto the gutter of a house and rolling to the drain. The others turned to Twilight, but she just smiled while making sure Springer stayed exactly where he was. Finally, the ring went down the drainpipe and shot out the end, only to hook onto Springer's claw and spun around before flicking off and up into the air.

Everyone watched as it seemed to hover for a moment, then descend onto the bottle. The landed on the neck and spun around, only to once again bounce off.

And as the duo tallied the tickets, both Flash and Twilight groaned as they banged their heads on the table.


Back with Pinkie, she and Cheese were still in the park. They were sitting on a bench, watching the Pokémon play with the Bloxx. It was here that one shifted his entire body into a climbing frame, while another morphed into a swing set with others sitting on its hands as they moved them.

"They really are amazing," Pinkie said.

Cheese shined a big smile. "Thanks. They're my pride and joy. I remember when I first met them." He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a stack of pictures. Pinkie looked them over, giggling at the sight. It showed a younger version of Cheese, one that had glasses and his hair seemed a little bit under control. He also had the Bloxx around them, along with a mild smile on his face. "I had just left home on my Pokémon journey, but didn't have a clue what I was going to do with my life. Then I got lost in a forest, where I came across the Bloxx. They use their shape shifting abilities to build treehouses and other treetop structures. I was amazed by them all."

"So what happened next?" Pinkie asked as she flipped through the other photos, seeing that each one kept showing the smile on his face grow bigger and his hair fizzier. Not only that, between two photos, his glasses disappeared.

"I spent almost a month in their home, showing them how to reform their bodies to make things like that slide and swing. Many of the wild forest Pokémon would play on them, laughing in joy." A look of fond nostalgia washed over him, "that was when I realized what I wanted to do. I wanted to spread that joy all across Equestria, to every man, woman and child. When I told them my idea, they were all for it." He turned to give her a huge grin, "and that's how I caught my six Bloxx."

Pinkie smiled back, only to then frown in confusion. She turned to the Bloxx and counted each of them, "Wait...I only count five Bloxx."

Hearing this made Cheese now frown as he pulled out a Pokeball. "Yeah, about that..." He opened the ball and released the red light energy, which reshaped to reveal a sixth Bloxx. This one wasn't smiling like the others, instead frowning as it glared at Cheese. "Hey bud, wanna go play with the others?"

The Bloxx only glared at Cheese before moving over to a nearby tree. "See? He has no desire to have fun with others, and when someone tries to get him to-oh no." Pinkie looked at where Cheese was staring and saw the Wooper from before have gone over to the Bloxx, obviously asking to play.

The Bloxx smiled before picking the Wooper up and morphing into...a catapult.

"Bloxx, no!" Cheese exclaimed as he tried to run over to it, but it was too late. The building blocks gorilla slingshot Wooper through the air. And as the Wooper screamed, another of the Bloxx saw this and extended its waist to catch the Wooper, soon bringing the shaken up Water-Type down. Cheese breathed a sigh or relief before glaring at Bloxx, "Hey! Not cool!"

Bloxx just rolled its eyes, leaning back onto the tree with a 'hmph!'.

"Wow....what a grump."

Cheese sighed, folding his arms next. "I don't even know why he agreed to come with me. He was eager to learn how to change shape, but he never turns into anything fun."

Pinkie showed a big frown at this, hating to see a trainer and their Pokémon not get along. "I'm sure if you did something together you can bond like you did with the others." She tapped her chin in thought, only for a light-bulb to pop out of her hair and light up, "I know! How about a battle?"

Cheese and Bloxx both raised an eyebrow at this. "What?"

"Battling with a Pokémon is one of the best ways to make friends with them. And since Bloxx doesn't like to play, this is the best way for you to get closer."

Cheese scratched the back of his head, slightly looking away. "I uh...I don't know. I'm not really good at battling. Besides, I doubt Bloxx would want to-" He stopped when he felt Bloxx tug on his poncho. "Huh?"

"Bloxx!" The gorilla Pokémon beat its chest, "Bloxx, bloxx!"

"Really?" Cheese asked back, only to see Bloxx hop up and down. He had never seen him this excited before turning back to Pinkie, "I guess we're in."

"Yay!" Pinkie cheered.


The sound of clattering filled the air as several rings bounced off the bottles before falling to the ground.

"Wow..." Flam said in an almost bored tone.

"So...close," Flim agreed.

Flash and Twilight, both looking frazzled and their hair a mess, groaned as they turned away from the booth and slid down to the ground. Flash looked down at his hand, each finger bandaged up before croaking out, "I can't feel my fingers anymore."

Twilight stared at her notebook, her brain too fried to make sense of the math. "It all looks the same." She turned to him, "Is this real life? How long have we been here?"

Springer and Owlicious comforted their trainers, patting their sides as the Flim Flam Brother looked down at them before taking a Chatot plushie off the rack. "Um hey....listen kids."

"How about you just...take a Chatot and...go home."

Flash's eye twitched before jumping up to get into the twin's faces. "It's not about the Chatot!" He backhanded the toy away, right into the arms of a very grateful boy.

As Flash picked up another ring, Twilight grabbed his arm. "You said it yourself. It's rigged." She then showed a tiny smile. "How about we get some ice cream?"

Flash let out a long sigh. "Yeah...you're right. Why didn't I listen to myself?" He tossed the ring over his shoulder, "We never had a chance."

Springer and Owlicious sighed in relief before a sound made them turn around, seeing the ring Flash tossed land on one of the bottles. The Riolu and Psychick gave each other a look that said 'seriously' before following their partners. When they went to their ice cream, they found the place was having an ice cream eating contest.

"Spike!" Twilight yelled as she saw her brother be one of the contestants, the teen now stuffing another spoonful into his mouth.

"What?! I'm competing!" Spike asked with a muffled voice, making Twilight roll her eyes as Flash and the others laughed.

After pulling Spike away from his victory bowl, the teens found Doc working on an old fashioned engine. "Someone's obviously having fun," Flash said as he watched Steeledge lower the contraption back onto the vehicle.

"You have no idea," Doc replied as he took off his glasses. He then turned to the car's owner, "So what do you want to work on now?"

The owner, still wide-eyed at Doc's endless mechanical enthusiasm, did a slow reply while scratching the back of his head, "Actually...I was gonna go watch the timer battle tournament."

"Timer battle?"

"It's a battle with a time limit. Unless you win within the given span of time, the match is classified as a tie. It always happens in the festival."

"Cool!" Flash exclaimed as he turned to his friends, "Sounds like fun! Wanna try it?"

Doc smirked at this. "Sure, I'm game."

"Then let's go!" And so, they headed off to the battleground, only to frown as they reached the sign-up table. "What, there aren't any more places?"

"I'm sorry," the lady running the table replied. "The last two spots were taken just a few minutes ago."

Flash slumped. "Rats."

"Hey now," Twilight patted his shoulder, "We can still watch the matches. That'll be fun, and you could learn some battle tactics."

"I guess..." Flash moaned as they headed to the stands. As they did this, they noticed a certain someone sitting on the competitors bench.

"Pinkie?" Spike yelped as Prongs and Viper raced up to them. "Hey guys, what's the deal?"

But before the two could do anything, a man with a microphone stepped up to the center of the field. "Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to today's timer battle tournament. For those not in the know, this tournament consists of five ten minute matches. If you manage to beat your opponent in that time, you win a special prize. Let's welcome our first two competitors."

And so, the tournament started. The first four matches came and went with two of the competitors winning before the timer ringed, one with only second to spare and the others in literally the first minute. Despite this, none of the matches even remotely interested the group, all being boring.

That is, till it became Pinkie and Cheese's turn.

As the two stepped up to their sides of the field, the crowd was cheering, Flash and the others yelling at her to do her best. Pinkie smiled at how much fun everyone was having, while Cheese just shook like a leaf.

"Ready Cheesy?" Pinkie asked as she pulled out her Pokeball.

Cheese gulped as he did the same, "I guess."

"Alright! Then go...Jigglypuff!" The ball flew through the air before releasing the balloon Pokémon.

"Jiggly!" she cheered as she floated to the ground.

"Err...go...Bloxx." He released his Pokémon, who grunted before beating its chest.

"Cool Pokémon," Flash said as he checked his Pokedex.

"Are both sides ready?" The ref asked, getting nods from both sides. "Then battle...begin!"

10:00

9:59

Pinkie gestured to Cheese. "Alright Cheesy, you can have the first move."

Cheese continued to shake, but nodded as he pointed at Bloxx. "Err...Brick Break!" The gorilla Pokémon ran ahead, one of his large hands ready to chop at Jigglypuff.

"Inflate Jigglypuff!"

"Jiggly!" The balloon Pokémon took a deep breath, its body expanded and float up a few inches. Seconds later, Bloxx chopped her, only for to float away from the attack.

"Huh?" Cheese asked as he watched the force of his attack simply push Jigglypuff away before it could make contact. He watched as Jigglypuff flew into the air, out of range of their Brick Break. "Alright then, Block Buster!" This statement got many people's attention, all watching Bloxx aim its fist at Jigglypuff before it morphed into a square cannon like weapon. Seconds later, a large building block shot out of the cannon at Jigglypuff.

This time, it made contact, striking the round Pokémon and exploding into a hundred of tiny blocks. The impact caused Jigglypuff to accidently release its built up air, making her float back down.

"Weird move," Spike commented.

Twilight nodded. "It's one specific to Bloxx. I've always wanted to see it in person."

"Pound!" Pinkie ordered, Jigglypuff bouncing ahead while its little fist glowed.

"Um...use..." Cheese's hesitance gave Jigglypuff the time to close the gap, allowing her to hit Bloxx in the chest.

"Bloxx!" It cried as it staggered back, surprised that the little windbag had that much power behind it.

"Um...recover and use Knock Off!" Bloxx's fist morphed into a hammer, which it slammed into Jigglypuff.

"Jiggly!" She flinched as the attack launched her into the air, only to inflate herself again for a safe fall.

"Block Buster!" A large brick was now flying at her, only for the wind to pick up and push her out of its direction. She released the air and slowly returned to earth, Pinkie giving her instructions before she landed.

"Bounce!" The second Jigglypuff's feet touched the ground, she kicked off and slammed into Bloxx's stomach. Despite flinching, the gorilla smirked as he grabbed Jigglypuff before shapeshifting into a dome. "What the?"

"Cool!" Flash and Spike exclaimed while Twilight and Doc smirked at the move.

"Smart. Restricting Jigglypuff's movements like that."

Doc nodded in agreement, "Let's see how Pinkie gets herself out of this one."

Inside the dome, Jigglypuff looked around for an exit, but found nothing. She was trapped and in that moment, Bloxx's face appeared on the ceiling. "Jiggly!" The balloon Pokémon inflated with a frown.

She then heard Pinkie's voice, "Jigglypuff, use Hyper Voice!"

Jigglypuff smiled at this, her eyes glowing blue as she breathed in. "Jiggly...PUFF!" From out of her mouth shot several transparent rings with blue outlines, all striking the wall with enough force that it created a hole in the blocks. Jigglypuff cheered at the sight, only to growl as the hole suddenly filled itself in. "Jiggly!" she angrily inflated again, "Jiggly...PUFF!" The soundwaves shot at the wall again, only for no effect. "Puff?"

Her trainer was just as confused, until Doc got out of his seat and called out to her. "Reconstruction," she turned to him quizzically, "it's Bloxx's ability. Sound and Powder like moves won't work on it."

"Oh, now you tell me." Pinkie turned back to the dome, the sound of banging pelting off of it. Inside the dome, Jigglypuff was tackling the walls, trying to break out, but unable to smash through.

"Bloxx, ox, ox, ox, ox!" The sound of her opponent laughing made her inflate before redoubling her efforts to break through the wall. At the same time, Pinkie looked over at the timer.

5:16

She looked back at Cheese, and saw nothing but a frown. Cheese hadn't suggested the dome, which mean they still weren't getting along. Pinkie then showed a look of pure determination, now knowing she needed to free her Pokémon. It was then that Pinkie looked at the bottom of the dome and snapped her fingers. "That's it! Jigglypuff, Hyper Voice!" This statement confused the crowd, as well as the Pokémon. That is, till she added, "Aim it at the ground!"

Everyone then caught on as Jigglypuff breathed in. Bloxx also saw this, realizing its error and began forming a floor on the dome. But it was to late- "PUFF!" The soundwaves struck the ground, rebounding off before going up to propel both Pokémon into the air.

Seeing this, Jigglypuff took the opportunity and kicked off the ceiling, which still happened to be Bloxx's face, and flew through the new opening seconds before it completely shut down. She then inflated herself as gravity kicked in, causing the dome to crash down to earth. "Bloxx!" he yelled as he landed with a thud. A second later, he glared at his opponent and returned to his default form.

And as Jigglypuff landed back on the ground, the two Pokémon stared at one another. Cheese then chose this moment to give his command. "Double Edge!" Bloxx launched ahead as his body started glowing yellow.

"Hyper Voice!" Jigglypuff breathed in before unleashing the a barrage of sonic waves, all flying at the charging gorilla while carving a ditch in the ground below. Bloxx raised his arms as it reshaped into a triangular shield, which the Hyper Voice struck, but was cut in two. Seconds later, the shield retracted before Bloxx slammed his shoulder into Jigglypuff like a footballer.

"Jiggly!" Jigglypuff spun backwards as she fell through the air, just barely managing to land back on her feet.

4:33

"Bounce!" Jigglypuff kicked off the ground and flew at Bloxx.

"Err...Knock Off!" Bloxx morphed his fist into a hammer and swung it, making contact with Jigglypuff's attack. But as this happened, Bloxx changed his hands into hooks and used them to dig into the ground and stop itself as Jigglypuff still floated through the air. "Now try...Block Buster." The building blocks gorilla reshaped not one, but both hands into the cannons, firing a double dose of block attacks.

"Not this time!" Pinkie spun on the spot and pointed up at Jigglypuff. "Hyper Voice!"

"Jiggly...PUFF!" The soundwaves struck the blocks, breaking them up before making them rain down upon Bloxx like hail. Luckily, Bloxx used both hands to make a shield and held it over his head like an umbrella.

"Pound!" Bloxx created a small opening in its shield and peered out, only to see Jigglypuff come crashing down as its fist glowed.

"Puff!" She smashed into the shield, breaking it apart and knocking the now armless gorilla off balance.

"Bounce!" Jigglypuff kicked back off the ground before thrusting her foot into Bloxx's chest.

"Bloxx!" He staggered back, now completely losing his balance as tripped and landed on his back.

"Bloxx!" Cheese cried as he watched his Pokémon now be covered in bruises. This was why he didn't like battling. Where was the fun in getting beaten up or hurting others? He glanced at the clock and saw it had just passed the three minute mark. He then looked down at the ground, whispering, "I should just forfeit before Bloxx hates me even more..."

He was about to raise his arm to tell the ref this, but in that moment: "Come on Bloxx!" Cheese turned to the stands and saw Flash had stood up, hands around his mouth to increase the volume of his voice. "Get up! You're not gonna let it end there, are you?"

Cheese raised an eyebrow at this, only to look back at Bloxx and see him pick himself up.

"That's the way!" Spike added.

"You got this!" Twilight cheered.

"Don't give up now!" Doc called out. The rest of the crowd cheered and clapped, that sound seeming to pump Bloxx up until he was back on his feet and rebuilding his hands. Cheese then watched as Bloxx panted, not in anger, but in the same excitement he would see the other Bloxx have when they're about to start playing.

"Could it be?"

"Bloxx!" The gorilla beat its chest with its fists.

"This...this is what Bloxx finds fun, isn't it. Its battling."

"Yo Cheesy!" He glanced over at Pinkie, "You in there? Come on, were still got two and a half minutes left! Let's keep the fun going!"

Cheese nodded without thinking. "Alright, Brick Break!" Bloxx stomped ahead, throwing chop after chop at Jigglypuff, the balloon Pokemon managing to dodge each one again and again.

"Pound!" As Jigglypuff dodged another chop, she threw a fist into Bloxx's arm, shattering it before bouncing up and dealing another to its chest.

"Shield yourself!" Cheese ordered as Bloxx regained balance before making a shield. "Now, Knock Off!" Bloxx regrew his damaged hand and morphed it into a hammer, which it started swinging at Jigglypuff.

"Bounce!" As the hammer came down, Jigglypuff jumped up to dodge, only to land on the attack before bouncing off. But before she could deal a kick, it raised its shield to block, making the attack only knock off a few bricks.

2:25

"Double Edge!" Bloxx glowed as he shoved Jigglypuff off its shield before body checking it, Jigglypuff hitting the dirt with a thud. She then tilted up and dug her feet into the ground. "Block Buster!" The twin cannons appeared on its arms again before firing the blocks.

"Hyper Voice!" With a blast of sonic waves, the blocks now shattering and scattering pieces all over. "Once again, into the ground!" Jigglypuff screamed downwards, the force lifting her up into the air.

Cheese blinked at this, only to notice the Block Buster pieces littering the ground, making it difficult for Bloxx to walk without stepping on one. "You're not safe yet, Bloxx," the gorilla looked back at him, "extend yourself!" Bloxx smiled before doing so, increasing the length of its waist until its torso was as high as Jigglypuff. "Brick Break!" Jigglypuff went wide-eyed at this, only to be chopped straight on the head.

"Jiggly!" she cried as she crashed into the dirt from the blow.

The timer then reached its final minute, the two Pokémon now picking themselves up for the finish.

"Pound/Brick Break!" The two ran at each other, both throwing punches and karate chops at one another. And as each dodged and blocked their opponents attacks, the last ten seconds ticked away as they hopped back for one last attack. "Hyper Voice/Block Buster!"

Jigglypuff unleashed the loudest scream it could while Bloxx fired multiple shots from both cannons. The two attacks met in the center of the field, the Hyper Voice breaking up the first few layers of bricks and sending them back while the very last brick made it through. The remains of the others bricks flew back and struck Bloxx, the final brick also striking Jigglypuff in the face. The two both fell backwards from this, and as the timer hit zero, they collapsed with spirals in their eyes.

The ref looked them over. "Both sides are unable to battle! This battle is a tie!"

Cheese and Pinkie both ran to their Pokemon and picked them up, the crowd all cheering in thunderous applause.

"Bloxx, you okay?" Cheese looked over his partner as he sat him up, a smile soon appearing on the Pokémon's face.

"Bloxx..." it said happily.

"You're alright," Cheese breathed a sigh of relief before noting the smile.

"That was fun!" He looked up at Pinkie, who had walked over to them with Jigglypuff in her hands. She then turned to the crowd, "and they had fun watching."

Cheese looked at the people and Pokémon in the stands, all clapping and smiling. "I...I never knew battles could do this."

"Of course! If there's one thing people love, it's seeing anyone put a hundred and ten percent into what they're doing! Pokemon battles aren't just fun, they're a way to help others understand each other."

Cheese had to admit, he did feel like he understood Bloxx a little better. He never would have learned how much he loved battling if he hadn't done this. But as he thought about this, he watched as Pinkie crouch down and pat Bloxx on the head, telling him how awesome and strong he was. Cheese saw this and how happy Bloxx looked, an idea soon popping into his head.


After the tournament prizes were handed out, everyone enjoyed the rest of the fair until the sun began to set. It was here that we find our heroes saying goodbye to Cheese as he and his Bloxx all prepared to head to the next town.

"Well, this is it." Cheese said as he shook Pinkie's hand.

"It was nice meeting you," Twilight told him next.

Flash gave him a thumbs up. "Hope we get to see you at another festival."

"I'm sure you will." Cheese then turned back to Pinkie, only to place something in her hand. "Here."

Pinkie looked down and saw she was now holding a Pokeball, "What's this?"

"I want you to look after Bloxx," Cheese told her. This request was met with shock from everyone, even the battle loving Bloxx as he looked at Cheese questionably. The teen placed his hand on the gorilla's shoulder. "Buddy, it's clear you love to battle. I'll admit now that it can bring smiles to peoples faces, but I don't think I'm meant to be someone who does it that way. Battling...just ain't my style." He turned to smile at Pinkie, "But it is your style."

Pinkie looked down at the Pokeball, then at Bloxx, then at Cheese. "Are...are you sure?"

Cheese nodded, "I am. Take good care of Bloxx."

Pinkie's eyes teared up before she threw her arms around Cheese, the two hugging for several seconds. When he pulled away, Cheese turned to Bloxx and held out a hand to shake. "Goodbye friend." Bloxx took the hand before pulling Cheese into a hug, surprising his former trainer, but he quickly got over it and hugged back.

Once it was over, Pinkie's new Bloxx said goodbye to its friends before Cheese returned them all. "Well," he put his hat back on and started chewing on a toothpick, "I best be moussing on." With that, he turned to walk into the sunset.

As the others waved him off, Pinkie looked at Bloxx and saw a big frown on his face. "Don't be sad," she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. "Smile Bloxx, that's what he'd want. That, and...I'm sure we'll see him again."

This actually did make Bloxx smile as Cheese disappeared into the horizon. Cheese and Bloxx's paths may have been dividing, but it was for the greater good of the two. Now they could forge their own paths that they believed was best for them. Now, our heroes must prepare for Baltimare City, as their destination was getting close and Flash's Gym Battle would soon arrive.

Author's Note:

Okay, so now Pinkie's got a Bloxx. In all honesty, I just wanted to give her that Pokemon and this seems like the best way to do it. Hope you enjoyed.

Also, no flaming about Flash taking Sunset's spot in the ring toss scenes. I called the girl and she wasn't available to show up, something about Fluttershy and video game blog.


Pokemon

Name: Bloxx
Design: Bloxx from Ben 10
Name: A corruption the word blocks
Pronounced: Blocks.

PreviousChapters Next