• Published 19th May 2018
  • 5,084 Views, 673 Comments

Pokémon: Harmony and Chaos - Banshee531



Welcome to the Equestria Region, a land of Pokémon. Here, one young boy will begin his quest to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer ever known. With his partner Springer, he'll make new friends, rivals, and enemies on this brand new adventure.

  • ...
6
 673
 5,084

PreviousChapters Next
Prince of the Forest

Continuing on their journey to Trottingham City, our heroes find themselves in the White Tail Woods. Having left Stratusburg Town that morning, they had now been walking in that forest for about three hours, and were starting to get a little tired. Luckily, they soon found themselves in a clearing near a stream.

Flash spoke up first as surveyed the area, "Alright, this looks like a good spot to take a break."

Twilight scanned the place over as well, pushing her glasses up her nose as she added, "Agreed, but not for long. I'd prefer to get to town before it gets dark."

"Where's the fun in that?" Spike asked as he nudged his sister. "We haven't had a chance to camp out yet."

"I am not interested in camping out here Spike." Twilight replied, growling at her brother, "I don't want to know what Pokémon could try to sneak up on us at night!"

"But that's the fun in camping out!"

"No it is not! That is the opposite of the definition of fun and you know it!"

Flash laughed under his breath as they continued to bicker, his hand going into his belt before grabbing his Pokeballs. "Skyler, Riptide, come on out." He tossed them in the air and they opened, releasing the Pokémon within.

"Chick."

"Ak."

"Ri!" Springer cheered as the Pokémon appeared before him. He then began talking to them, all of them nodding at him before they started to play tag.

"You too Owlicious," Twilight said as she did the same with her Psychick.

"Psy," Owlicious hooted as it was let out and flew over to the others.

As they sat on some nearby rocks, Flash watched the Pokémon playing and stared at Owlicious, a question hopping into his mind, "Hey Twilight, what other moves does Owlicious know? I didn't get to see him really battle when we fought Movine."

Twilight, who had been drinking from her canteen, looked over at him. "Oh, he also knows Sky Drop and Calm Mind."

"Calm Mind?"

"Its a move that increases the power of Special Attacks that he uses," Twilight explained before sighing, "Though its not much use since he doesn't know any Special Attacks."

Flash just shrugged at this. "I'm sure he'll learn one soon enough. Especially when the two of you get a little more battle experience."

Spike nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's why Professor Celestia sent you out here. So you could learn from the real world."

"Maybe, but I haven't really had the chance to get that experience." Twilight replied as she shook her head before glancing at Flash, "Makes me wish I had your natural battle instincts."

Flash smirked, chuckling at her comment. "My battle instincts aren't natural Twilight. I gained them like you will, through practice. We just need to find you an opponent, as I don't think you're ready to train with mine just yet."

In that moment, the bushes near where their Pokémon rustled. The four of them turned to the bush and looked at it funny, slowly stepping away from it. Soon enough, the trainers heard it as well, all of them now staring at the bush. That is, till something stepped out.

It turned out to be a Pokémon that looked like an apple, complete with cone-like feet for movement and had a long green stem with a single leaf growing out of its head. The sight made the group blink as the Pokémon ignored them while making its way over to the stream, where it began to drink.

"It's a Pipple," Twilight commented as she pointed at it.

"Pipple?" Flash pulled out his Pokedex and scanned it.

Name: Pipple
Category: Apple Pokémon
Type: Grass
Info: It feeds itself by connecting its stem like appendage to trees, allowing it to absorb nutrients. The higher the tree, the more nutrients it gains.

"Perfect. Not only that, the thing looks weak too." Flash said before turning to Twilight, "go for it."

Twilight just blinked at the boy. "Come again?"

"I'm saying you should battle it," Flash explained as he looked back at it. "It doesn't look strong, so you should have an advantage."

Twilight saw his point. Better to battle something weak to get her footing. She let out a small sigh before snapping her fingers, "Alright. Come here Owlicious."

"Psy," the Psychick hooted before flying onto her shoulder as she stepped forwards.

The Pipple had just finished its drink, the Pokémon now sensing a close presence as it turned to see Twilight and Owlicious. "Alright Pipple, you're mine." Owlicious took to the sky and flew at it. "Use Peck Owlicious!" The Psychick's beak began to glow, only for the owl to fly down and strike the Apple Pokémon, causing it to fall back.

"PIP!" It cried as it hit the ground. As it felt the dirt, its eyes narrowed in anger, causing the leaf on its head to glow before hopping back onto its feet. "PIP! PIP PIPPLE!" it yelled as it used Razor Leaf, firing a barrage of leaves out of its single leaf.

"Um....uh...." Twilight stuttered, her mind stuck in debating over dodging or countering. However, this hesitation prevented Owlicious from acting, so he was struck by the attack and sent into the ground as well.

"PSY!" he cried as he hit the dirt.

"Owlicious!" Twilight screamed, only to feel a hand on her shoulder.

"Its okay. Calm down." Flash told her as he gripped her shoulder. "That shouldn't have done that much damage. Just focus on what to do next."

"You can do it Twilight," Spike added.

Twilight nodded and turned back to the battle, Owlicious picking itself back up. "Are you okay, Owlicious?"

"Psy!" the owl hooted back, nodding to its trainer.

"Okay. If that's the case....use Sky Drop!"

"Psy!" Owlicious flew at Pipple and grabbed it in its talons before flying it up into the air, where it spun like a top before tossing it into the ground.

"PIPPLE!" It cried as it fell, hitting the ground with a thud before kicking up a dust cloud. When it faded, Pipple could be seen trying to get up from the blow.

"Now Twilight," Flash told her as he pointed at the struggling Pokémon. "Catch it!"

"Right!" Twilight replied before pulling out her Pokeball. "Alright, go Pokeball!"

She tossed it at the Pipple, the aim looking like it would hit it. But in that moment, something shot out of a nearby bush and knocked the Pokeball away from Pipple.

"Hey!" Twilight yelled as she saw the ball land in front of her.

"What was that?" Spike asked as they all turned to look back at where the blur stood.

Said blur turned out to be a Pokémon they all remembered seeing at Professor Celestia's lab, a Thawn. The Pokémon now stood between the trainers and Pipple, growling as anger shined on it's face. "Fay."

Seeing this, Flash pulled out his Pokedex.

Name: Thawn
Category: Grass Fawn Pokémon
Type: Grass
Info: Usually found in forests, Thawn's strong legs allow it to reach 40 miles an hour. Because of their amazing speed and agility, it is almost impossible to catch this Pokémon in a forest.

"That thing looks pretty nasty," Spike gulped as he looked the Thawn over. "It's nothing like the ones I've seen at Professor Celestia's Lab."

"Those were trained from birth," Twilight told him as Owlicious landed onto her shoulder. "This one must be wild."

"Wild, huh?" Flash said before smiling, already liking the look of this newcomer. "That means I can catch it. Springer!"

"Ri!" Springer leapt in front of him.

"Quick Attack!" Flash ordered, Springer doing as told by launching itself forwards.

Thawn responded by opening its mouth, a ball of green energy appearing in it and growing in size. "Fay!"

"That's Energy Ball!" Twilight yelled at Flash as Thawn launched the attack.

"Dodge it, Springer!" The Riolu stopped its attack and leapt in the air, hopping straight over the attack as it then hit the ground. "Now, use Aura Sphere!"

Springer created the ball of energy and threw at the Thawn. But as the fawn saw the attack coming, it leapt out of the way as Springer landed on the ground. "Fay!" It cried as it charged towards the riolu.

"It's using Tackle," Twilight commented.

"Quick Attack! Now Springer!" Flash ordered.

"Rio...LU!" Springer shot towards Thawn, fists ready to punch it.

But as they drew closer, something shot out of the bushes, descending between the two Pokémon. Springer's fist and Thawn's head came in contact with what looked like a bunch of flowers, causing them both to look up and see a Pokémon between them.

Said Pokémon was bipedal with an appearance that incorporated roses and a masquerade attire. It had hair made of white rose petals, and a leafy, green cape with a yellow, collar-like bangle on its neck. The cape pattern reached toward the back of its head, with spiky, sepal-like extensions on the hair. The lower portion of its face were light green, and instead of hands, its arms sported a red or blue bouquet. "Rose..." it said calmly.

"Whose that Pokémon?" Flash asked as he pulled out his Pokedex again.

Name: Roserade
Category: Bouquet Pokémon
Type: Grass/Poison
Info: With the movements of a dancer, it strikes with whips that are densely lined with poisonous thorns.

"Roserade!" It pushed Springer and Thawn away from it, distancing the two of them from each other. It then turned to Thawn, glaring at it. "Rose, Roserade!"

"Fay!" Thawn replied angrily, "Thawn, Thawn!"

"That's enough Prongs!"

They all turned to see someone step out of the bushes and put its hand on top of Roserade. It was a woman with white skin, green hair, and was wearing a red jacket with black trim, along with black gloves and a red hat. The woman moved over to them and turned to Prongs, glaring at the Pokémon, "Prongs, you can't keep doing this."

The Thawn named Prongs glared at her for several seconds, only to let out a snort before grabbing the Pipple and walking back into the forest.

"Hey!" Flash yelled, "don't run away!"

Prongs turned to glare back at him, hissing, "Fay." With that, he disappeared into the bushes.

"Awwww man," Flash lamented before turning to the woman, "Hey! Why'd you and that Roserade interfere?! I was gonna catch that guy!"

The woman let out a small sigh, "I'm sorry I interfered...and about Prongs."

"Oh yeah? Then why did you-"

"Stop Flash." Twilight interrupted, flashing her head in front of Flash before turning to the woman, "Gauging by your outfit, you're a ranger, aren't you? That's why you stopped Flash."

"I am. My name is Jasmine," she said with a bow. "I'm in charge of the entire area of White Tail Woods and this Roserade is my partner."

"Roserade."

"It's nice to meet you," Twilight mirrored her action. "My name's Twilight." She pointed to the Psychick on her shoulder. "This is Owlicious."

"I'm Spike," The youngest told her.

"And I'm Flash," the last teen said before turning to his Pokémon. "And this is my team."

"Riolu."

"Chickling."

"Aquana!"

"It's nice to meet you all," Jasmine said, bowing again. "And once again, I'm sorry I interfered, but I had too with Prongs."

Twilight and Flash shared a glance, knowing there was something else going on here. Twilight then stepped up to her. "Jasmine, what did you mean when you said that Thawn had to stop doing something?"

Jasmine sighed again before motioning to them. "That's a long story. Follow me, my cabin's not far. I'll explain everything there."

They all nodded and followed her through the trees.


One trip to Jasmine's cabin later...

Soon enough, they arrived at Jasmine's log cabin, where they sat around a table while their Pokémon chowed down on bowls of Pokémon food.

"Roserade," the grass Pokémon said as she handed them all cups of coco.

"Thank you," Twilight replied as she took her cup before turning to Jasmine. "So, what's with that Thawn?"

"Yeah!" Flash added, "Why'd it stop Twilight from catching that Pipple? And why did you stop me and Springer from catching him?"

Jasmine took a sip of her coco as she slowly replied, "For starters, his name is Prongs, and he was born in this forest."

"Really? Are there many other Thawn here?" Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow, "Thawn are pretty rare to have them be all in this one forest."

"No," Jasmine shook her head. "That's the thing. When I found him, he was just a single lone egg in the forest." The teens all shared a confused glance, only to look back and see Jasmine lean back and close her eyes. "I remember it like it was yesterday. Roserade and I were doing the rounds when we suddenly noticed all the Pokémon acting funny. They were all heading to the same spot deep in the forest, and they looked like they were all in a rush. We followed them into the thicket, only to find them gathered around a single glowing egg."

"Glowing?" Spike asked with a tilt of the head.

"That means it was about to hatch," Twilight explained immediately, Spike giving an 'oh' face.

Jasmine nodded at this. "Soon enough, it did hatch, and I was amazed to see it was a baby Thawn. I went over and introduced myself, the young Thawn instantly beginning to trust me. As the weeks went by, Prongs grew more and more as he played with the forest's Pokémon, eventually gaining the title of Prince of the Forest."

"Prince of the Forest?" Flash asked, blinking at the nickname. "Why did you call him that?"

"And why do you call him Prongs?" Spike added.

Before Jasmine could answer, a bulb went off in Twilight's head as she asked, "Isn't there a book with a Sawsbuck named Prongs?"

"That's right. That's where I got the name for him." Jasmine replied, along with another nod. "Growing up, Prongs was an incredibly happy go lucky Pokémon. He constantly played with all the Pokémon here in the forest, keeping all of them happy and carefree."

"So what changed?"

Jasmine once again sighed. "One day, Prongs was playing with several Oakids."

"Oakids?" Spike asked.

Flash pulled out his Pokedex, typing the name into the search section. Soon enough, the image of a Pokémon that looked like a human toddler, but instead was made out of light brown wood. Coming out of its head were three large green leaves.

Name: Oakid
Category: Young Tree Pokémon
Type: Grass
Info: This playful Pokémon loves to have fun with anything or anyone willing to play with it. Because of this, they often find themselves in trouble.

"During that time, a trainer was making his way through the forest and came across them. He wanted a grass Pokémon, so he went after them. Prongs had been playing hide and seek in the bushes, so the trainer didn't see him. He watched as the trainer battle one of the Oakids and capture it, horrifying Prongs. He...he didn't like one of his friends leaving like that."

"I see." Twilight commented, adjusting her glasses as she then asked, "Is that why he stopped me from capturing Pipple?"

Jasmine nodded as she picked herself up and moved over to the window, staring out into the forest. "Prongs doesn't understand the problems that preventing trainers from catching Pokémon is causing. These woods are big, but not that big. New Pokémon are born and raised here, then a few of them leave on their own or with trainers. Prongs is trying to stop that, which I fear will result in the forest becoming overcrowded."

"That's bad...but what can you do?"

"I've tried explaining the situation to Prongs, but he won't listen. He sees trainers as thieves and kidnappers, but his view is so narrow. Pokémon with trainers grow stronger than those in the wild, so having a trainer can actually be beneficial. It's my hope that one day Prongs will learn that and maybe find his own trainer."

The three all looked down at the table, wondering if they might be able to help. But as they did this, a sudden loud beeping sound caught their attention. They all looked around and saw it was a walkie talkie, which was sitting on a nearby counter. Jasmine picked up the device and placed it to her ear. "I'm here," she listened for several moments until gasping. "Confirmed. Thank you." She switched it off and turned to them. "I'm afraid I'll have to ask you all to stay here. I just got word that a powerful storm is heading this way."

The three teens all went wide eyed at this, but before they could respond, Jasmine and Roserade headed towards the door as she said, "Stay here. I have to make sure the Pokémon are all safe."

"Hang on," Flash said as he stood up. "Let us help. The more of us there are, the quicker you can get it done."

Twilight and Spike nodded as they got up. "We want to help the Pokémon as well."

"Please!" Spike added.

The other Pokémon all begged as well, all wanting to help. Jasmine thought for a moment, sharing a look with Roserade until they both nodded. "Okay, but you're gonna need proper weather gear."


Meanwhile...

In the thicket where it was born, Prongs sat with its eyes opened. It remembered it's fight with that trainer and his slaves. Jasmine and Roserade kept trying to tell him that trainers catching Pokémon was natural, but he refused to believe them. Trainers were nothing but thieves and kidnappers, and he would never let another one capture one of its friends. Of course, that meant he had to put his own wishes behind him. Before beginning his crusade, Prongs had wanted to go out and see the world beyond the forest.

And as he thought about this, a sudden rumble of thunder caught Prong's attention, causing him to get up and walk outside his burrow. He looked up and saw a bunch of dark clouds quickly heading his way. Seeing this, he knew what he would be doing today.

He had to get his friends to safety.


An hour later...

The storm was on them quicker than expected, even though they had all gotten water proof jackets from Jasmine to wear over their clothes. Now they were directing Pokémon towards safer locations so they could wait out the storm. "There's an underground cave about a mile away," Jasmine told them as she directed a group of Nidoran and Chopmunk. "It's big enough to hold all of them."

"Okay," Twilight replied as she found a bunch of Tangela. "Come on, you'll be safe if you follow me."

Spike saw a bunch of Mankey in a tree, soon shouting to them, "Come here Mankey! Its too dangerous to be up there!"

Flash and Springer were looking around for more Pokémon to help, spotting an Oakid hiding under a large leaf. "Hey little guy. We've gotta get out of here, follow me." He was about to reach out and grab it, only for a green blur to shoot past the Pokémon, the Oakid disappearing like smoke. "What the?!" Flash jerked back from the sudden sight, only to now see Prongs standing a ways away with the Oakid on his back.

"Fay," he growled before rushing off with the Oakid.

Flash blinked at this, only to sigh as he motioned to his partner. "Guess that one's okay. Come on Springer, lets go find some more."

"Ri!" the Riolu agreed as they got to work. Over the next hour, they tried to get all the forest Pokémon into the cave, which was on an opening in a hill, which worked as a tunnel that then sloped downwards. This kept it safe and dry, the perfect spot to wait out the storm.

"Alright," Jasmine said as she put the last Spewpa down, "I think that's all of them." She, Flash, Twilight, Spike and Springer were at the mouth of the cave, looking over all the Pokémon. "Now we just have to wait."

Prongs was wading through the group, making sure all his friends were safe. But as he did, a group of Pipple rushed up to him and started crying hysterically. "Fay?" He asked as one of the Pipple stepped up and explained that one of their number was not in the cave. This caused Prongs' eyes to go wide, instantly turning around and shooting out of the cave before anyone could say anything.

"Prongs!" Jasmine cried as the Thawn disappeared into the brush, "Where are you going?!"

But as the pokemon rushed off, the others watched it before Flash turned to his partner Springer, a look of determination shining on his face.


Prongs was at top speed as he rushed through the forest, his eyes darting everywhere in search of the missing Pokémon. As he continued to run, the rain and wind blasted his vision, making him rely on his other senses as he continued through the trees and bushes.

But as another spurt of water hit his face, the Thawn came to a stop, shaking his head of the rain. As he did this, a brilliant bolt of lightning illuminated the sky for a brief second, making him look up in awe. Then, another bolt appeared, closer than the first. He blinked at the sight, only for a third flash of light to appear, causing him to close his eyes. What he didn't see was that the bolt had struck a nearby tree, which instantly fell onto the Thawn's back, pinning him to the ground.

"THAWN! THAWN!" he cried out, fear overtaking him as he tried to move. "THAWN!"

"Aura Sphere!" From out of nowhere, a ball of blue energy shot struck the tree, blasting it into splinters. Instantly, he felt the weight off his back go away, letting him stand up.

"Fay?" Prongs asked as it looked over at where the Aura Sphere had come from, only to see the Riolu trainer it had previously battled.

The teen sighed in relief as he looked down at Prongs "That was close. You okay?"

"Fay?"

Flash smirked as he stepped over and crouched down. "Let me guess, there's a Pokémon out here and you've come to save it." Prongs nodded, wondering what this human's plan was. "Alright, then let's find it and get it back to the cave." Flash said as he stood back up and turned to his partner, "Springer, can you see if there's another Pokémon's aura nearby and track it?"

The Riolu nodded before closing it's eyes, pure concentration following the action. Prongs stared at the sight, stunned at what he was seeing. Eventually, Springer opened his eyes and turned to them. "Ri! Riolu!"

Flash shined a cheeky grin. "Great job partner. Lead the way!"

Springer nodded and ran towards the nearest bush, Flash on his tail. That is, till the teen came to a halt and turned to Prongs, "you coming?"

Prongs stared at the trainer for a moment, blinking at the suggestion. A nod soon followed as both he and the trainer rushed after the Riolu. Springer lead them about half a mile, only to stop and point at one of the tallest trees in the forest, "Ri!" He cried as he pointed upwards, Flash and Prongs looking up and spotting the Pipple on one of its larger branches.

"There it is!" Flash added.

Prongs moved over to the tree and called out to the Pokémon, "Fay Thawn fay."

"P-p-p-pipple," the grass Pokémon cried in fear. It's entire body was shaking, not from the cold, but from the terror of being alone in the storm. In that moment, a strong wind blew and caused the tree to sway wildly. "PIPPLE!" It cried as it tried to hold on.

"Fay!" Prongs yelled, quickly noticing he couldn't climb up there with his hooves.

But as his panic continued, Flash stepped up to the tree. "Don't worry," he called up to it, "I'm coming to get you." With that, he grabbed hold of a branch and started to climb.

"Fay?" Prongs gasped, backpedaling at the sight. His eyes shrunk at what he was seeing, not understanding why this human would risk himself to help Pipple. It turned to Springer, asking him this question. Springer responded with a laugh, explaining that Flash was no normal human. He then told him that even if its a Pokémon Flash had never met, he would do whatever it took to save it. Hearing this made Prongs look up at Flash in wonder. Was this human really that special?

"Almost there," Flash grunted as he reached the half way point of the tree. "I'll have you down soon."

"P-p-p-p-pipple," the apple Pokémon squeaked, its body shaking like a leaf. However, in that moment, another powerful gust of wind struck the tree, the lumber giant now swaying violently again. Flash managed to keep his grip, but-

"PIPPLE!"

Flash looked up to see Pipple fall towards the ground. "Oh no!" He yelled as he then leapt under the Pokémon, causing Pipple to land in his stomach. "Gotcha!" He cheered as he hugged the Pokémon in midair. Seeing the ground coming up quick, he knew he only had one chance. "Springer, Aura Clap!"

"Ri!" Springer replied. Aura Clap was not a move, but a technique they had come up with while training. Springer held his hands apart before creating a pair of Aura Spheres, which he then clapped together above his head. Doing so caused an explosion, which unleashed a powerful burst shockwave. The shockwave flew up and hit Flash, who curled up into a ball, pushing him upward as it slowed his fall. As it did, the teen soon hit the ground at slowed pace, making his landing a safe one.

"Oof!" he groaned as his back sunk into the now muddy ground. "Ooohhh...that still hurt, but we're safe. Good job bud."

"Riolu."

Flash chuckled at his partner's response looking down at the Pokémon in his grasp. He saw that it was now crying into his raincoat, causing Flash to pet the little critter, "Its okay. You're safe now."

"Pip..." Pipple squeaked as it looked up at him. Flash saw a look a recognition in its eyes and realized it was the one Twilight had battled earlier, which meant it must have climbed this tree to recover from the battle.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna try and catch you." Flash said as he put it on the ground and turned to Springer. "Nice work bud!" He held up a fist, which Springer copied and they fist bumped.

While this all happened, Prongs watched in amazement. The human had risked his own life to save this Pokémon, plus he and the Riolu had worked together like it was nothing. And now, seeing them like this, he realized something else. Their relationship was not one of master and slave, but a partnership.

"Alright, let's get back to the cave."

"Ri!" Springer agreed before leading the way.

Flash turned to Prongs and smiled. "Come on. Grab your friend there and lets get him back to the cave."

Prongs continued to stare at him for a moment until finally, he smiled and nodded, putting the Pipple on his back as they all rushed back to the cave.


Back at the cave, the group waited anxiously for Flash and the Pokémon to return. He had explained what he suspected to them before rushing off, leaving the rest of them to worry. Twilight and Spike watched as the rain and wind pelted down, making it hard to see anything while Jasmine tried to keep the Pokémon calm.

Then, they heard the sound of footsteps coming through the storm, a lone figure appearing in the distance. They all stared at the sight, only to see Flash with the Pokémon running by his side.

"Flash!" Twilight and Spike cried in unison.

"Hey guys!" Flash waved back at them as they ran into the cave, "You miss me?"

"You're okay," Twilight told him as she walked up and began to inspect him and Springer.

"Did you have any doubt?" Flash asked, causing Spike to laugh.

Jasmine saw Prongs return Pipple to its bushel, then saw it turn to stare at Flash. But the look it was giving him was not one of anger, but curiosity. She blinked at the sight, whispering to herself, "What happened out there?"

But as that question left her lips, the other Pokémon started to cry again, quickly diverting her attention. She would have to get her answers later. Right now, they had to focus on staying dry and warm to wait out the storm.

That storm blew throughout the entire day and night, not blowing over until early in the morning. And as the clouds began to break and allow the morning sunlight to peer through, the group left the cave, only to see a valley of trees blown down or blasted by lightning. No doubt it would take some time for the place to heal.


Several hours later, the group were outside Jasmine's cabin. They had spent their time returning the Pokémon to their homes and finding new ones for those who had had theirs' destroyed. Prongs had disappeared as soon as Jasmine gave the all clear, helping the group of Pipple get home.

Now, the teens were preparing to leave the forest. "Thank you for all the help," Jasmine told the teens.

"No problem," Flash said while giving her a thumbs up.

"We were happy to help," Twilight added.

"Will the forest be okay?" Spike asked her.

Jasmine smiled and nodded. "It'll be fine. Despite everything that just happened, the damage done wasn't as bad as it could have been. It'll recover." They all smiled at that, only for their attention to be caught by the sound of a rustling bush. They turned to see Prongs step out of the bush, looking up at them with determination in his eyes. "Prongs? What are you doing here?"

Prongs didn't reply. Instead, he turned to Springer and stomped his hoof. "Fay! Fay Thawn Fay!"

Springer's eyes went wide. "Rio?"

Prongs nodded, "Thawn."

The humans all shared a confused glance. "What's he saying Springer?"

Springer turned to his trainer and instead of responding, he reached up and pulled an empty Pokeball off Flash's belt. He enlarged it and rolled it towards Prongs, who placed his right hoof on it. Flash looked between the ball and the Thawn, quickly realizing what was going on. "Wait, are you saying you want to come with me?"

Prongs stared down at the ball, then looked up at him and nodded. "Fay."

They were all shocked at this, Twilight turning to Flash. "I can't believe it. He chose you? But what about his hatred of trainers?"

Jasmine smiled as she moved over to the Thawn. "Is it true? You finally understand?" Getting a nod in response, she knelt down and patted him on the head. "So you finally see it, don't you? Pokémon need trainers in order to grow stronger. It's a partnership."

Prongs looked up at her and nodded again.

Jasmine smile grew even brighter before turning to the teens. "Flash, will you please take Prongs with you? He needs to see the world and learn more than what he knows from living in this forest."

Flash stared at Prongs, seeing the serious determination in his eyes. This made him smirk, "Alright, I can get down with that. I did try to catch him before, so I'm totally up for him joining the team."

Everyone smiled at hearing this, only for Prongs to kick the Pokeball back to the trainer. He then got into a battle stance. "Fay..."

Flash instantly understood as he picked the ball up. "You wanna battle first, huh? Sounds good to me."


Soon enough, the group arrived back at the clearing where they all met. Prongs stood on one side while Flash and Springer stood opposite, Twilight and the others behind him. Springer stepped up, ready for battle. But as he did, Flash glanced back at Twilight, "Hey Twilight, what are Grass-Types weaknesses?"

"Their weaknesses?" Twilight replied, blinking at the sudden request, "Um...they're weak to Fire, Bug, Dragon, Flying and Ice attacks."

"Got it. Thanks." Flash commented as he looked down at Springer, "Sorry buddy, you're not in this fight."

"Ri?" Springer looked up at its trainer.

"Prongs is strong. If I wanna win, I gotta play smart." He pulled out another Pokeball. "Skyler, I choose you!" He threw the ball and it unleashed a red light, which took form and faded to reveal the Chickling.

"Chickling!" Skyler cried as he landed on the ground opposite Prongs. The two Pokémon stared at each other, waiting to see who would make the first move.

The staring contest lasted for about a minute, only for Prongs to suddenly rush towards Skyler. However, Flash was ready. "Alright Skyler, counter with Quick Attack!" The Chickling leapt into the air and flew at high speed towards the Thawn, who in turn leapt into the air and tackled Skyler. The two Pokémon collided, bouncing off one another and landing the same amount of distance away.

"They're even," Spike said as he blinked at the collision.

"In a way," Jasmine told him as she stared at the Thawn. "Prongs is stronger, but the force from the Chickling's speed allowed him to match Prongs."

"So Flash needs to be careful about frontal attacks," Twilight finished.

"Ri, ri rio!" Springer cheered, making Spike start cheering as well.

The two Pokémon recovered, Skyler getting back into the air, while Prongs stood tall. Prongs then opened his mouth and creating an Energy Ball Attack. "Fay!" It cried as it launched it.

"Look out Flash!" Twilight yelled.

"Skyler, use Gust to blow it away!" Flash ordered.

"Chick!" Skyler did as he was told and began flapping his wings at high speed, a powerful wind soon picking up and striking the Energy Ball. The two attacks collided and pushed against one another, only for the Energy Ball to explode from the impacting Gust, creating a large smoke cloud in its wake.

Seeing this, Flash pointed directly into the cloud, "Wing Attack!"

"Thawn?" Prongs looked up and saw Skyler, his wings now glowing. Before he could react, the Chickling flew through the smoke and struck his chest with it's right wing. "FAY!" The impact caused him to stagger back, only to quickly recover as he spun around and bucked the bird with his back legs.

"CHICK!"

"Skyler!" Flash yelled as he watched his Chickling be thrown back, landing on the ground before rolling towards it's trainer.

"Prongs just used Double Kick," Twilight commented as she watched the bird roll up to Flash.

"Come on Flash!" Spike cheered him on, "Get up Skyler, you got this!"

Flash looked down at Skyler, who was still picking itself up. "Can you still battle?"

"Chick..." Skyler moaned out before standing to its full height with his wings spread. "Chickling!"

Flash smirked and pointed at Prongs again. "Alright then, use Quick Attack again!"

"Ling!" Skyler leapt into the air and flew at Prongs, picking up as much speed as he can.

"Fay!" Prongs cried as he charged forwards.

"Prong's using Tackle again," Twilight commented as she pointed to the two. "They'll be even."

"Oh no they won't. Skyler, use Wing Attack!"

Skyler was confused at this command, but did as he was told. His wings glowed, and as he and Prongs clashed head to wing, Prongs was suddenly sent flying back from the blow, his tackle overpowered in that single strike.

"YES!" Spike cheered.

"RI!" Springer did the same.

Twilight went wide eyed at this, now seeing Flash's plan. "I see...he used Quick Attack to increase Skyler's speed, causing his Wing Attack to become twice as strong."

"You're friend is obviously a very skilled battler," Jasmine told them.

Seeing Prongs trying to pick itself up, Flash saw his chance and pulled out an empty Pokeball before enlarging it it. "Alright, go Pokeball!" He tossed the ball at the Thawn, and hit him dead on. As soon as it did, the Pokeball opened up and unleashed a swirl of red energy that surrounded the Pokémon. Everyone watched as Prongs was sucked into the Pokeball, the top slamming shut as it tapped the ground. They all stared at the Pokeball, watching it start to wobble back and forth. It wobbled again and again, then one more time, until-

SMASH!

The Pokeball broke open and unleashed a blast of red energy, which took shape and faded to reveal Prongs. The Thawn panted as it looked down at the empty ball, turning around to kick it back at Flash.

"Dang...." Flash muttered as he caught the ball.

"So close," Twilight added.

"Come on Flash!" Spike cheered again. "Don't give up!"

Prongs went right back on the offensive, creating an Energy Ball and firing it at Skyler. "That again," Flash grumbled as he had a feeling Prongs was expecting him to use Gust, only for a new idea to pop into his head. "Skyler, use Double Team!"

"Chick!" Skyler glowed before several more copies of him appeared, encircling Prongs.

"Fay?" Prongs looked around, surprised at the sudden increase in enemies. He then spun around and started using Double Kick on each of the clones, taking out one to two at a time.

"He's mowing them all down," Spike said.

"Hurry and call another attack Flash!" Twilight added.

Flash shook his head at this. "No, not yet."

Prongs continued to knock the clones away until there was only three left. "Fay!" He cried as he tried to use Double Kick on two of them.

"Now! Use Wing Attack!" One of the three flapped its wings and dodged the attack, throwing Prongs off balance. As it did, his wings glowed as he then struck Prongs.

"FAY!" The Thawn cried as he fell back. But as he did, he looked at the Chickling and smiled, his horns suddenly glowing green. Before anyone could notice, the green light shot off its horns and flew at Skyler. The green lights hit Skyler instantly, transforming into a vice of vines, which all wrapped around the Chickling. A moment later, the vines glowed red and Skyler looked like he was in pain.

"What the heck is that?!" Flash yelled as he pointed at the new attack.

"Flash, that's Leech Seed. If you don't hurry, Skyler's energy will be completely drained." Twilight explained to him, "You need to end this battle now!"

"Okay! Skyler, use Gust!"

"Chick," despite being drained, Skyler did as ordered and flapped its wings to create the wind attack.

The blast of wind struck Prongs, pushing him back. "Now, Quick Attack!" Flash ordered, Skyler shooting forwards and striking the off balance Thawn.

"FAY!"

Flash knew this might be his last chance and held up the Pokeball. "Prongs, let's grow stronger together." He pulled back before throwing the ball, "GO POKEBALL!" The ball flew through the air and hit Prongs on the head, opening up and unleashing the red energy. Prongs was engulfed by the light and pulled inside the ball, which quickly shut as it fell to the ground. Once again, they all stared at the Pokeball, watching it start to wobble back and forth. It wobbled again and again, until-

DING!

Flash's eyes went wide, a large smile appearing on his lips as picked the Pokeball up before raising it to the sky, "Alright! I just caught, A THAWN!"

"RIO!" Springer cheered as he leapt up next to him.

"CHICKLING!" Skyler did the same.

The others all clapped at this, Spike raising his hands in the air. "That was awesome Flash!"

"Thanks!".

"It was a great battle," Twilight added.

Jasmine nodded in agreement before bowing to Flash, "Please, take good care of Prongs."

"I will," Flash told him as he let the Pokémon out of the ball.

"Fay," the Thawn said once the light faded. It looked up to see Flash crouch down next to it.

"Well Prongs, you ready to go see the rest of the world?"

Prong's face turned to a smirk, giving him his answer. "Thawn!"

Flash chuckled back, "Alright."


Not too long later, Jasmine showed them the quickest way out of the forest. "This path will lead you straight to Trottingham City," she told them. "Keep on it and you'll be there in no time."

"Thank you Jasmine."

Jasmine smiled before crouching down to smile at Prongs. "Well Prongs, I guess this is it. The next time I see you, you'll probably by a hundred times stronger."

"Fay..." Prongs muttered in a low, sad tone.

Jasmine smiled as she patted him on the head. "Don't be sad. This is a happy moment, as you're about to go and see the world. And don't worry, we'll see each other again."

"Rose," Roserade agreed with a smile.

Prongs nodded, "Thawn."

"We'd better get going," Flash added as he motioned Prongs to follow him.

"Goodbye," Jasmine told them as she and Roserade waved, "Please take good care of him."

"We will," Spike replied as they waved back.

"Thanks for everything," Twilight added.

"I'll miss you Prongs," Jasmine told the leaving Thawn, who turned back and yelled at her.

"Fay! Fay Thawn!"

Flash patted his head as they continued down the road. "Don't worry Prongs, you'll be back someday."

Prongs looked at him and smiled, nodding in agreement. With Prongs now by his side, it looks like Flash in on his way to building his dream team. Now its on to Trottingham City, and Flash's first Equestria League Gym Battle.

Author's Note:

Well somebody asked for it, so here it is. Flash gets a Thawn. Hope you enjoyed it.

Also, from now on in the AN I'll be announcing when the game blog is being updated. Since no one commented on it last week, I'll assume no one saw it. So from now on, I'll announce when it's been updated.


Pokemon

Name: Pipple
Design: An apple with legs and a face
Name: Pip and Apple
Pronounced: Pip-L

Name: Oakid
Design: Mandrake
Name: Oak and kid
Pronounced:Oh-kid

PreviousChapters Next