• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 15,389 Views, 459 Comments

To start over - Midnight_Song95

  • ...
21
 459
 15,389

Chapter 27

Sunset winced as Pinkie Pie exclaimed something, though all the former unicorn could hear was a loud noise coming from her mouth in a wave of word vomit. How can anyone understand what she is saying when she gets like that? She wondered, earning a chuckle from Applejack who was sitting next to her.

“Don’t worry, ya get used to it. She basically wants to have a Halloween party.” The blonde explained earning a confused look.

“Um…Okay, I never really celebrated human holidays so how exactly do you Celebrate Halloween? Isn’t that just a holiday for like little kids to get candy? I mean sprayed silly string all over Vice Principal Luna’s driveway last year but that was about it.” Sunset admitted, earning a gasp from the pink haired girl.

“What? They didn’t have Halloween in your world?”

Sunset winced at that before sighing “uh no. I mean we had nightmare night but that was mostly a kid’s holiday where kids would dress up and get candy. But I doubt you guys leave half of your candy at statues in town in order to ward off evil spirits.”

She almost facepalmed when everyone gave her weird looks, so she quickly explained

“That’s the story they tell little kids anyway, they actually gather up all the candy and donate it to the children hospitals.”

Pinkie’s eyes grew wide than before exclaiming “That’s the perfect idea Sunset!”

The redhead in question was confused by this “uh…What is Pinkie?”

“Why we can spend Halloween handing out candy to the kids in the hospital in town! We can all dress up and go around to each of the rooms!”

This earned a nod from the others.

“That’s a great idea! I have a great vampire costume that I can wear!”

“Ooh is it the one I made you last year for the haunted house?” Rarity questioned, earning a smirk.

“Hey, you made me look totally awesome! Of course, it is!”

“Oh by the way Sunset, Do you have any ideas for your costume? I bet I can make you one that will make you look as scary or fabulous as you want!”

Sunset bit her lip; unsure as to if she even wanted to try to participate in this holiday.

“Uh…No, I haven’t even thought about it. I don’t usually celebrate anything. I mean, I didn’t exactly have any friends and well, I never exactly had a family to force me into anything either.” She admitted, earning a look from Pinkie Pie that clearly said she was planning something.

“Well you have a family now; I mean you mentioned having a guardian now.” Rainbow began, earning a groan from Sunset who leaned back onto the table she was sitting on.

“Don’t remind me. I still haven’t got my phone back, Like I know I screwed up but I haven't played Turbo Overdrive since last week! My record is gonna be ruined!”

Everyone shared a chuckle at the other girl’s comment.

“You know, it’s kinda strange seeing you act like a normal person. I mean, you were so busy being a bossy asshole that no one really got to know who you really are.” Rainbow Dash stated before adding sheepishly “No offense. But you were pretty nasty.”

Sunset let out a sigh at that and shrugged “none taken. I know I was.”

“Anyway, let’s leave most of the planning to Pinkie. Right now let’s see how good you are at Dusk and Dawn! I need someone who’s good at games to be my partner on an online battle!”

“Oh, you are so on! I call the mage!”

Sunset didn’t know what she was expecting when she got home that evening, but seeing a yellow and red macaw flying around the room with Luna’s cap in its talons wasn’t it. “Uh…What is going on?” She asked, biting back a laugh as Luna chased the bird around the room.

“Luna agreed to help me get some stuff together but Philomena got out of her cage and…well you see how well those two are getting along.” Celestia answered, not even trying to keep from laughing at her sister’s plight.

“Give that back you damned bird! I swear when I get my hands on you I’m going to turn you into barbeque!”

Sunset let out a laugh then, earning a dirty look from the blue-haired woman “yeah laugh and see if I will help you if she ever steals something of yours!” Luna said, eyes narrowing slightly however whatever effect she wanted it to have failed when the large bird dropped her cap and landed on her hair.

“Celestia, get this damn thing off me before she decides to crap on me again!”

“Again?” Sunset couldn’t help but repeat, earning a look.

“Don’t you start Miss. Shimmer, I’d rather forget about that thank you!” Luna stated as Celestia removed the bird from her person.

“Sorry but you have to admit it is pretty funny.”

Celestia risked a glance at the bickering pair, smiling slightly to herself as she watched the interaction. Sunset seemed to have been in a better mood than she had been earlier that day, although one part of her had to wonder what it had been that had upset the teen so badly.

“Can I trust you two not to kill each other while I go upstairs?” Celestia questioned, chuckling as both of them practically glared at her.

“And now I have two of you I have to deal with.”