• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 15,271 Views, 459 Comments

To start over - Midnight_Song95

  • ...
21
 459
 15,271

Chapter 51

Sunset couldn't sleep, knowing that if Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle came to that world that she should be at the school to explain everything however that didn't keep fear from growing inside of her at the thought of what could be held in store for her. Sighing she tried to will herself to fall asleep although after several minutes she realized that it was a futile attempt.

Sighing she got up and headed downstairs to where Celestia was still sitting, doing something on a laptop. Sunset set down beside of her, chuckling a little when the older woman jumped in surprise at the sudden addition of weight on the couch.

“Can't sleep?” the older of the pair guessed as she turned her attention to the girl who just shrugged.

“It's just, I'm a little nervous about going to school tomorrow. I know that I don't have to but I feel like I should be there if someone does come out of the portal.” Sunset answered, earning a small sigh from her adoptive mother.

“Chrysalis is going to be working at the school trying to trace where these posts from this Anon-A-Miss is coming from. Her three sons agreed to pass up as students. Pharynx, and Kevin as seniors and Thorax being in your grade himself. You will have someone there to make sure no one tries anything.” Celestia announced after a brief silence as she turned her attention back to the computer.

“How did you meet Chrysalis anyway? If you don't mind me asking.” Sunset asked, not really wanting to think about the whole mess with anon-a-miss and the crazy weather. “I mean, her and Luna are close but you two have to get along somewhat, right?”

Celestia chuckled at the statement and nodded. “Chrissy and I did hang out a lot when we were younger, although after what happened with Luna we kinda butted heads for a while though to be honest, Chrissy was trying to tell us both to grow up.”

One glance at the teenager and the principal could tell that Sunset was curious about what had happened between them but knew she wouldn't ask. She still is afraid that I am going to become irritated with her for the simplest things. Celestia realized, reaching over and putting an arm around the redhead's shoulders.

Do I let her know about what happened? What if it makes her start over thinking things? Celestia debated rather or not to just up and tell her, after all, it would come up some time anyway or Sunset would find out some other way. It would be better if I was the one who told her about this sort of thing. I mean, I am her mother now.But I guess I should just let her ask. She needs to know that I am not going to bite her head off for any little thing.

Feeling Sunset lean against her Celestia turned her full attention back to her work, though every once in a while she would glance over at the girl to make sure she didn't seem like she was in pain.

“Mom?” the word still felt odd to her, however, there was no malice or more disapproval on Celestia's face. “Something was wrong with Luna earlier today but I got the vibe that she didn't want to talk about it so I thought I would ask you if you knew.” she began, unsure if she was being too nosy or not.

Celestia went rigid at the question, her mind going into a whirlwind at what she should do or say in this situation. Do I tell her the truth? About why I was so worried to the point that I annoyed her with my fussing. Luna knew I was afraid that something would happen and I'd lose Sunset and maybe I am being selfish with this whole thing but...

“You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.” Sunset's voice snapped her from her thoughts and drew her attention to the downtrodden girl.

“No Sunset, it's okay. It's just that we both kind of went into shock when Rainbow Dash told us that you were hurt.” Celestia soothed although she was unsure how to approach this topic.

“I think my mind automatically went to the worse case scenarios that it could think up and I think Luna was worried about the both of us.”

Sunset tried to make sense of what the woman was saying but only could tell by how that Celestia paused every so often that she didn't really want to talk about it.

“I'm sorry I worried you two so much.” Sunset said instead of pushing farther for the answer as she gave the woman a hug with her good arm. “and I'm sorry I asked, you can just tell me if you don't want to talk about something. I promise it won't hurt my feelings.”

She relaxed when Celestia returned the hug, the familiar warmth that seemed to surround the older woman quickly washing away her nervousness about this whole situation.

“Sunset, there is nothing to be sorry for and we will have to have this conversation eventually but not tonight, does that sound fair? After all this craziness is over I'll answer your questions because I'd rather you hear all of this from me. But one stressful situation at a time, alright?” Celestia's response wasn't what Sunset expected at all, though it was more than enough for the former pony.

“You don't even have to tell me if you don't want to. I mean you never forced me into telling you or Luna anything that would bother me.” Sunset stated softly, remembering how patient and soft-spoken they both had been when she had finally spilled her guts after Discord had tricked her.

“Like I said we will talk about all of this later, when we both can just sit down and relax. But as of right now, it's late and we both need sleep if we're going to handle all the craziness.” Celestia responded, smiling slightly in spite of everything.