• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 15,271 Views, 459 Comments

To start over - Midnight_Song95

  • ...
21
 459
 15,271

Chapter 58

Luna felt bile rise into her throat as she listened to the video, closing her eyes as she tried to understand just how anyone could be so willing to injure anyone. Glancing over at Chrysalis she could tell that the dark-skinned woman was seething.

“Excuse me, I have an score to settle.” Tempest managed to growl out as she forced her way past them, pausing only to glare over her shoulder at Celestia who looked near tears “and someone call the fucking police. I don't give a damn if Sunset didn't want to press charges. The bastard turned eighteen last year, I saw his file!”

“Shouldn't one of you stop her?” Twilight asked, dodging the girl on her way through the door.

“It's not like she's going to kill him.” Chrysalis stated, crossing her arms across her chest as she added as if in an afterthought “Just make him wish he was dead.”

“So you're going to ignore what Sunset wants?” Twilight questioned, earning a sigh from Luna who replied.

“Sometimes what is fair or just isn't what is easy and Sunset is going to have to come to understand that.” Luna responded as she picked up the school's phone.


Tempest tried to calm herself down as she walked, after all, she didn't want to send him to the hospital. Calm down, Sunset would probably never speak to you again if you actually did more than breaking the bastard's nose. She reminded herself as she headed toward the gymnasium.

She didn't know how long that she had been waiting in the hall for the class to dismiss however as soon as she saw the sandy-haired boy she didn't give him time to register that something was off before she shoved him back into the lockers, the vents digging painfully into his back.

“So you think it's funny to almost kill somebody?” she snarled as she pressed her knee into his stomach. “I don't know what Celestia or Luna is going to do about this but I will say this. If anyone ever hurts her again...I am going to make you wish that you were never even born!”

She growled as she practically threw him to the floor as she forced him along, ignoring all the stares that she was getting.

“what the hell lady! You can't just...” Score stated, trying to force himself away from her however suddenly someone came out of nowhere and punched him in the ribs, causing him to double over.

“I hate bastards like you that are too big of a coward than to fight your own battles.” Pharynx stated before glancing over at Tempest.

“You okay?”

“Relax general. My arm isn't that weak.”


Sunset sighed as she sat walked into her history class, not looking forward to any of this since history was the one subject in this world that bored her more than anything else. After all, who wanted to hear about how people with different views ended up murdering each other?

“Here, I'll take your bag. That cannot be comfortable how you have it.” Trixie commented, surprising everyone who was sitting nearby.

“what are you doing?” one of her friends hissed, earning an eye roll from Trixie who took Sunset's bag.

“It's called helping a friend. Although Trixie doesn't understand why you care who Trixie considers a friend. It is not like Trixie can't defend for herself.”

Sunset couldn't help but glance down at the accusing tone in the other girl's voice, although it did surprise her that Trixie, of all people, was defending her. How is it that some of the people I treated the worse can forgive me so easily? I mean I went as far as locking Trixie in a room! She thought as she took a seat at her desk.

“Ignore her, she's just jealous that Trixie decided to be friends with you instead of spending all her time with her.” Trixie commented though the tone of the magician's voice told Sunset that it wasn't just her ego that made her say that.

“I don't exactly believe that's the whole picture but thanks...I appreciate it. But I don't want you to ruin your friendships because of me.” She stated, half expecting the magician to get up and walk away at that, however, Trixie just shrugged.

“If they can't handle the fact that I have more friends then it's their problem.”


The whole school seemed to be in chaos at lunch, though Sunset had no idea why. Everyone was talking in whispers and a whole bunch of people had gathered around Flash who seemed at a loss.

“Guys I have no idea why my dad is here, it's not like he involves me with his job!” he was saying.

“Do you think it had something to do with anon-a-miss?”

“Do you think that someone got hurt because of it?”

“maybe Sunset finally jumped.”

That last one stung, however to Sunset's surprise someone spoke up.

“Oh shut up, Don't you think Shimmer has been through enough? I mean seriously, first, some idiots shove her down the stairs which by the way, could have killed her and then they figured out that she wasn't behind that website Like seriously, hate her if you want to but stop with all the degrading shit.”

See, not everyone is out to get you.”

shut up, you may just be a projection of my sub-conscience but shut the hell up.

“Flash? What's going on?” She asked, trying not to be nervous since she still didn't know if the boy was willing to even speak to her.

“My dad is here in full dressed uniform. I have no idea why though.” he answered, glancing away as if to level his thoughts before he added, “I heard about what happened, how are you doing?”

“I'm doing okay. um...Better now that I'm out of that moldy apartment. Want to come with me to the front office to figure out what's going on? Trust me when I say that Principal Celestia isn't going to mind too much.” Sunset answered awkwardly.

“Sure. I just better not have coffee poured over my head this time.” he responded watching as she blushed.

“Look, I'm sorry about all of that. I have been meaning to talk to you about all of that but everything else kept happening and I just...”

Flash arched a brow as he tried to take in what Sunset was saying, taking note of how embarrassed that she looked. Could she honestly mean any of the stuff coming out of her mouth right now? This is a different side to her than anyone usually saw before. He wondered but he didn't ask any of the questions that bubbled up in his mind.

“with anon-a-miss and everything else happening I understand why, especially with some of the more interesting rumors that have been drifting around.” he stated as he followed her.

Sunset froze in shock as she saw that Score was being escorted out by Flash Sentry's father.

“Chrysalis, what is going on?” Sunset asked, earning a sigh.

“I think you need to talk to Luna and Celestia about that.” the dark-skinned woman answered before walking off, followed by her two sons and Tempest.

Flash watched as Sunset stormed past Raven and threw open the door.

“Do I really want to know what set her off?” he asked the woman who sighed.

“From what I've seen these last few weeks...It could have been anything.”

Author's Note:

two more chapters left.
However, there is going a book of 'deleted scenes' posted soon.