• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 15,256 Views, 459 Comments

To start over - Midnight_Song95

  • ...
21
 459
 15,256

Chapter 40

Celestia couldn't help but feel like she was missing something as she opened the door for Luna, who took one look at her before asking:

“What's wrong Tia? I've not seen you look this upset before?”

Luna knew that was a lie because she had seen her sister upset before but not in a long while, not since the whole incident with Sombra. Something that they both wished that they could forget about.

“It's Sunset...I just don't know what to do.” Celestia confessed, earning a sigh from the navy skinned woman who nodded and asked “You saw the posts too? I forward it to Chrysalis, she is going to try to figure out where and who is posting all of this stuff.”

“Yes and so did Sunset. I don't know how much of this one person can take and Sunset is already so...”

Luna sighed and nodded at that, she could remember all too well what that felt like, having dealt with it most of her life. “I'll talk to her, I did live through that and under someone else shadow for most of my life. Besides, sometimes it's hard to talk about this sort of thing.”

Sunset sighed as she stepped out of her room onto the flat part of the roof, taking a seat on the cold tin as she stared up at the sky, letting her mind wander as she watched the clouds build up and grow darker seemingly by the minute.

“I see I wasn't the only person to sneak out here.”

Sunset almost jumped out of her skin at the sudden sound of the voice, though she relaxed slightly when she noticed it was just Luna who was standing inside the window.

“Oh, hey Luna.”

The fact that Sunset didn't even bother to turn to face her said a lot about what the girl was feeling at that moment. “you okay? You seem kinda low.” Luna asked as she slipped out of the window with some difficulty before taking a seat beside the girl.

“You know, Soarin' told me what happened today. Do you want to talk about it?”

Sunset sighed loudly as she as she glanced down at the driveway that was beneath them.

“Not really, I mean I was an ass and karma is biting me in the ass.” Sunset responded, resting her chin against her knees.

“Perhaps but that doesn't mean that what they say doesn't bother you.” Luna countered, earning a glare.

“It shouldn't! I mean I deserve this...Maybe everyone would be better off without me, I mean...” Sunset began, only to be cut off by Luna.

“Sunset, no one deserves to be treated like this. Not you, not anyone. Yes, you did make life a living hell for some of the students and I won't try to say you didn't but no one deserves what happened to you today Sunset.”

Her voice was stern, more toward the tone she adopted for her role at Canterlot High than that of which Sunset had still been getting used to outside of the more professional setting. Sunset wanted to argue but the words died in her throat at that tone.

“Sunset, I once knew a girl who was in a situation similar to yours. She may not have turned into a winged beast but she did turn manipulative and cruel in order to get what she wanted...which just ended up ostracizing her from all those she cares about.” Luna closed her eyes, willing her voice not to break as she told the rest of this, lest the girl figured out that it was personal.

“Then in an odd twist of fate, an incident forced her to reconcile with some of the people that meant the most to her. But it wasn't easy to fit back in with everyone because everyone in her town remembered what she had done and was afraid she would do something like that again.”

“Yeah and yet they eventually forgot about it. I doubt that anyone is going to forget about the magic-wielding psychopath!” Sunset snapped, earning a chuckle.

“Would you forget that someone broke someone's ribs and landed them in the hospital for a while?” Luna countered, watching as the teen winced so she added: “also you're not a Psychopath...after all...You were controlled by magic when you....Anyway...This girl wasn't and she could have stopped but she let her jealousy and bitterness build up. Sound familiar?”

this only earned a nod, causing Luna to sigh “Sunset, you know that if you did run away Celestia and I would miss you, right?”

“Why?”

The question caught the navy-skinned woman off guard.

“Why would you miss me? I mean...I'm not really anything to you.”

where the world is all of this coming from? What made her think this sort of thing? I mean, she seemed to be content here at least...before all of this started. Luna wondered as she put an arm around the teen, who went rigid at the touch.

“For one I'd miss your smart mouth.” Luna lightly remarked, noticing the hint of a smile that came across Sunset's face at that so she added “and Celestia would be heartbroken...To be honest we both would.”

A silence fell over them though Sunset slowly leaned against her, only to feel the woman shift to pull her closer.

“C-can I ask something?”

The question caught Luna off-guard, though she grinned a bit and nodded “Of course. You should know that by now.”

“Do you think that Celestia would be upset if....If things started to change?”

Author's Note:

Finally figured out how to write this chapter. I was debating rather or not have her to go to Zecora or to Luna and well, to be honest, Writing Zecora makes my head hurt so I decided to save her for another scene.