• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 15,266 Views, 459 Comments

To start over - Midnight_Song95

  • ...
21
 459
 15,266

Chapter 36

“I thought you said you didn't want to tell them?” Trixie asked as Sunset slammed her locker shut later that day, trying to ignore the badly drawn figure of a winged beast with a noose around its neck that had been etched onto the surface of the metal.

“I didn't say I didn't want to tell them just that I was afraid to know what they'd think. I mean, honestly...Wouldn't they be afraid to trust me after that? That I'd be a snitch or something?” Sunset retorted, sighing as she leaned against the wall.

“How about you trust them a little? I mean, seriously. They stuck by you even when everyone else thought you were nothing but a lying, two faced, bitch.”

Sunset scowled over at her before sighing “Yeah, you're right Trixie. How about I see if Celestia won't let me have a sleepover this weekend?”

“I'd better be invited too!”

Sunset laughed at Trixie's response.

“Of course you will be! I mean why wouldn't you be?” she retorted, smirking at the embarrassed look that the magician sent her. “Come on, I need to get to the gym. I have P.E and since Luna is filling in for the coach today, I'm dead.”

“Wow, you'd think she'd be easier on you since you're basically her niece.”

Sunset let out a snort at that comment.

“Easier? I don't think Luna knows the meaning of that word! I mean, sure she's kinda cool when she isn't being miss ice-cube up the ass but if anything knowing her outside of school made her stricter on me!”

Trixie giggled at that as they continued down the hall.

“Hey, at least if things go wrong you have two people here who will help you. Even if Vice Principal Luna is a bit hard on you at times. I mean, it's obvious that they care about you.”

"You know sometimes I regret letting that bit of information slip around you!" Sunset grumbled, earning a smirk

"Why? Afraid I'll try to blackmail you?"

"To be honest, if we weren't friends...I'd say yes."


Luna sighed as she watched the teens choose sides for basketball, all except Sunset who everyone was making a point of ignoring for the most part.

“Miss Shimmer!”

Luna wouldn't play favorites even if the girl was technically family though she did regret the tone she had used as soon as she had seen how the fire-haired girl flinched.

“Yes, Miss Luna?”

The vice principal could hear the sound of snickers coming from the other students though she chose to ignore that. After all, she couldn't always protect the girl from the other students jeering at her.

“Why don't you go walk around the gym? I don't think your injuries are up for basketball anyway.”

The woman tried to ignore the disappointment in the teal eyes and made a mental note to try to make it up to the girl later.

“Okay.”

Sunset began to walk away when she felt a hand grab her arm, causing her to look back at the woman who leaned closer and whispered “They'll get over what happened with time. Until then, know that you do have people who care. You have your friends and family who would do anything for you.”

Sunset looked up and smiled slightly, though she made sure the other students couldn't see.

“Thanks, Vice-Principal Luna. I'll try to keep that in mind.”

Sunset couldn't hide the fact that she was feeling slightly better after what Luna had said, however, that relief was short lived because as soon as they thought they could get away with it Dumbbell threw a basketball directly at her, hitting her hard from behind and knocking her to her knees.

All she became aware of was laughing, the sound of someone yelling and the pain. Then there was silence, followed by an aura that Sunset could suddenly feel. It felt like a cool breeze on a summers night, welcoming and gentle. What is that? It feels almost like magic but I've never felt a magic like this before. Sunset wondered, managing to open her eyes, although they were blurry with tears.

Luna was kneeling beside of her, the stern look on her face softening slightly as soon as she made eye contact with the yellow-skinned girl. “Are you alright Sunset?”

Sunset managed a nod as she stumbled to her feet, trying to remain strong in front of the few students that were still gawking at her. “Go to the front office and stay there until next period. I'll get to the bottom of this whole thing.”