• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 15,303 Views, 459 Comments

To start over - Midnight_Song95

  • ...
21
 459
 15,303

Chapter 11

“And that is why you shouldn't try experimenting with firecrackers. Like seriously, the smoke bombs are more than enough, they don't have to be flashy too.” Sunset stated as she opened her locker, only to receive a face full of green paint from behind the door.

“Ugh. You have got to be kidding me!”

Trixie took an instinctive step back from Sunset, who was standing with her fists clenched to her sides, her cheeks reddening. “Sunset, it's just paint, it'll wash off.” Trixie tried to assure her, only for the redhead slam the locker shut.

“I have been tripped, almost got shoved into what I can only imagine was horse shit, spit on, now this! If I find out who did this I will…” Sunset began, although she stopped when Trixie put a hand on her shoulder.

“You’re going to work yourself up and do something you regret. Come on, let's go try to wash some of that paint off.” The magician said, though Sunset just glared.

“What good will that do?” Sunset snapped, pulling away, though she deflated somewhat as she glanced down at herself “Can you go to the resource center and see if they have any extra clothes? Please?” she asked timidly, earning a slight smirk.

“The mighty big and powerful Queen bee saying Please? That was unexpected.” Trixie stated before nodding “sure, I’ll go.” with Trixie gone Sunset headed toward the bathroom, trying to keep her rage from building up.

Calm down. If you get mad who knows what will happen. Like Trixie said, it's just paint and this jacket was ruined already. She reminded herself as she walked, half hoping she would not be caught out of class after the bell had rung.

“What happened She-demon? Eat too much grass or did karma bite you in the ass after what you did to Rarity?” that was the last draw for Sunset as she turned and actually punched whoever it was behind her.


Luna groaned as she rubbed at her temples as she glanced over at Celestia. “Do you want to take this one, she’s your foster daughter.” She asked, earning a look.

“Don't you start. If she hears you saying that she’ll overreact again and Yes I’ll take Sunset, You handle Thunderlane. Surprisingly he has more spark than the girl who sucker punched him.” Celestia responded as Luna headed for the door.

“They’re both hot-headed and stubborn. Good luck with Miss. Shimmer, you’re going to need it. After all, you live with her.” Luna quipped, too low for the two teenagers outside the room to hear.

As soon as Luna opened the door Thunderlane stood up, pointing toward Sunset with one hand while holding a cold pack to his face. “She needs to be put in a fucking cage somewhere!”

Luna repressed the urge to roll her eyes at the boy’s statement. “And so do you if you can't speak more civilized than you are currently Mr. Lane. Now follow me.”

Sunset sat outside the room for a few more minutes before the door opened again, though the teen didn't look up. Celestia took note of Sunset, who was still covered in bright green paint. “Perhaps you should come in here and tell me what happened?” she said, prompting the teen to nod, though she didn't look up as she stood and shuffled her way into the room.

“Sunset, explain what happened today. You and Mr. Lane were locked in a brawl by the time Cherilee and Luna managed to separate you two! What brought this on?” Celestia prompted after a few minutes of silence. Her voice didn't raise or change to the familiar severe tone she was accustomed to.

“I was just so angry. I didn't even realize I had hit him until we were in a full-blown fight.” Sunset answered softly, not daring to make eye contact.

“And what made you angry?” the principal prompted in the same calm, disappointed tone, though she almost regretted asking the question when Sunset told her everything that had happened that week.

“Then today Thunderlane and some of the jackasses in my class put manure on my desk and then the paint in my locker! When he started poking fun in the middle of the hallway I just snapped!” Sunset finished, her voice breaking as the anger dissolved and left behind the raw hurt she had felt.

“Sunset, what he and the others did was wrong but so was hitting him. However, I won't add more to your detention sentence since it and the community service is quite extensive however you will be spending the next three days in isolation.” Celestial chose her words carefully, not wanting to set the girl off any farther “as for right now, go get yourself cleaned up and get back to class, we’ll talk about this more before you are released to work with the construction crew.”

As soon as the teen had left Celestia sighed and headed toward Luna’s office, knocking on the door. I hope that Luna has some idea what we can do with this mess. Neither of those two are innocent and I fear this will just get worse.