• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 15,271 Views, 459 Comments

To start over - Midnight_Song95

  • ...
21
 459
 15,271

Chapter 3

Monday came all too quickly for Sunset, who found it hard to muster up her courage just to enter the building despite the fact she had arrived over an hour before. She knew that she had to suck it up and face the repercussions, no matter what happened. Sighing she tried to as she tried to calm her nerves, knowing there was no way out of this.

Her hand shook as she opened the door, the noise of multiple conversations at once almost instantly silencing as soon as people started noticing her. Lowering her head, Sunset slowly began to walk toward her locker, trying to ignore the whispers around her.

“What is she doing here?”

“She should be locked in a cage somewhere!”

“Go back where you came from Freak! Nobody wants you here!”

She knew she deserved all of this, but even with that in mind, the words hurt. I wish I still had my magic. She thought as she quickened her pace I would teleport myself out of here. She thought though she knew that even if she could teleport, she wouldn't risk getting into any more trouble.

“Watch out, she might attack you!”

Sunset winced as soon as she heard that. I never wanted to hurt anyone. I couldn't control it...it was like my body was on autopilot. She thought bitterly, I will never live that down...then again...I didn't escape the demon either. So caught up in her thoughts Sunset didn't notice that Trixie had stepped out in front of her.

“Begone Demon!”

The next thing Sunset was aware of was something grainy hitting her in the face, burning her eyes. She could hear laughter ring out as she stepped back, only to feel someone push her, however before she could fall a tight, almost painful grip tightened around her arm. Sunset couldn't help but whimper as she waited for even more pain to follow but to her surprise, a commanding voice yelled: “What the hell is wrong with you people?”


wait is that….no it couldn't be. Why would she want to help me? Sunset wondered as silence fell over the hall.

“I’ll go get help. You just take care of Shimmer.” Sunset recognized the second voice as Rainbow Dash, which added even more to her confusion. Why are these two helping me? One had literally threatened to punch me in the face and the other I ruined the life of.

Sunset scrubbed at her eyes, though this made the stinging even worse. “Stop before you make it worse.” she was surprised to hear the advice coming from the Senior. However, before Sunset had time to say anything Luna’s voice boomed over the noise of low muttering

“Everyone get to class! Spitfire, what exactly happened?”

Sunset couldn't hear what was being said, both the vice principal and the Senior class president speaking in whispers. She tried to make out what they were saying though the only words she could make out were Trixie and mob.

“What happened?” the question repeated as Nurse Redheart, along with Rainbow Dash made their way down the corridor. “Trixie evidently threw some kind of powder into Sunset’s face.” Luna’s neutral tone answered.


While Nurse Redheart got to work, Luna leaned against the wall, making sure that she was out of the way as Spitfire’s words swirled around in her mind. surely if the athlete had been right Celestia or herself would have noticed the previous day? She thought although she knew Spitfire wouldn't lie over something like this.

“When you’re done with Miss. Shimmer I wish to speak with her in my office.” Luna said after a while, turning to head back toward the office herself however suddenly a Prismacolor blur cut her off.

“Woah, hang on! You can't punish Sunset for this! She is the victim here!”

Rainbow Dash caught the blue-haired woman off guard, this she hadn't expected. “Miss Dash, I merely want to talk to her. I already have heard what happened from Spitfire.” Luna responded calmly, biting back a smirk at the teen’s expression.

Jeez. You would think I beat them or something.

Turning her attention to the nurse, Luna asked: “Do you have any idea what the substance was that she assaulted Sunset Shimmer with?”

“Salt. It shouldn't have done too much damage but I would recommend you calling her parents to set her up an appointment with an optometrist, just in case the cornea has been scratched.” Redheart answered, not noticing how Sunset winced at the idea of seeing a doctor.

“I will do so right after she and I discuss something that has been brought to my attention.” Luna replied, making a mental note to ask Sunset just what records she managed to have forged when she first arrived. Looks like I’ll be calling some favors in from some old friends...Tia is going to kill me.