• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 663 Views, 4 Comments

An Unexpected Turn of Events - NightmareMoon



Ellie and Catherine have quite the adventure when the Mane 6 show up in their house.

  • ...
 4
 663

Chapter 2

The eggs sizzled and hissed as Elle cracked and dropped them on the steaming frying pan. Since Catherine couldn't cook for her life, it was up to Elle to perform the not-so-heavy burden of cooking something at least decent.

Elle was almost - almost! - peaceful, until she heard a voice that wasn't very pleasant. Oh, no, she thought, the idiot is approaching. Stand still, avoid eye contact, and don't move. "Elle! The fortress is almost complete! Now flee with me, until tomorrow, when the evil ninja ponies will disappear! Oh, and yeah - get some food, will you? Seriously, I'm starving!"

The situation is worse than I thought. The Idiot is building a fortress! Ellie smacked her forehead, splattering egg yolk across her nose. She groaned and said, "Cat! Look what you've made me do now!"

"What? You mean saving you from the ninja ponies? Oh, don't thank me. I'm just naturally legendary." Cat stated proudly, as if she was something amazing, brand-new, and simply mind-blowing, all rolled up in one.

"Wow, you're right!" Elle said in mock-amazement. "You definitely are legendary. A legendary idiot, at that!"

"I know, I know - hey, wait!" Elle heard a door open and then there was Cat, her wild blue hair all over her face. It almost covered her whole face - almost being because Cat seemed to have enough sense to at least sweep her messy hair away from her eyes. Otherwise, she looked like a big, hairy... something.

"I am legendary! Have you got that? Not a legendary idiot! Legendary! Oh so very legendary! Are we clear?"

Her eyes, which were previously soft and understanding, became even more sharp and angry with each jab of her finger. This worried Elle a bit, because honestly, Cat was never serious. I mean, there were her moments, like when her goldfish Bob had died, and when she... actually, that was about it. But what if Catherine, who normally was fun and silly, friendly and outgoing - not to mention a bit crazy - was actually serious about this? Oh, gosh, was the universe going to implode?

"You're really serious?" Elle said at last, wiping the egg off her nose with a towel. Cat crossed her arms, leaned forward, stuck her chin up, and then replied like she was the boss of everything.

"Yes. Yes, I am serious, and it seems that you are not. And considering that the ninja ponies can come anytime... well, I'd hardly say that I'm unprotected. But you are not. You are a mere civilian and it is my duty to protect you. Therefore, you are coming with me."

Before Elle could say anything, Cat grabbed her arm and practically dragged her to their bedroom, where all the pillows from both of their beds had magically disappeared and were coating the walls as if they were in a war.

"Oh, gosh." That was all Elle could think of. "You're crazy, Cat! I mean, you've always been crazy, in a good way. Heck, we're all crazy! I'm crazy, you're crazy, we're two weird, insane roommates! But, Cat, right now you are starting to seriously worry me. So, this is what you do. You forget about this whole thing, you completely ignore it, and when nothing happens, you look at me and I say, 'I told you so.'"

Cat glared at Elle angrily and started jabbing her with her finger. "Elle, please. I understand you don't want to listen, because you're too foolish, or whatever. But whatever it is that's making you not believe me, totally forget about that! I'm telling the truth. Cootie catchers are real. They are completely, totally, one-hundred-and-two perfect real."

Elle did nothing but roll her eyes. "Cat, I'm going to say this one more time. Cootie catchers aren't real. They're a game that second graders play. So, please, excuse me, while I scream into my pillow."

* * *

Her Majesty, the great, powerful, and wonderful Celestia was, in fact, also screaming into her pillow angrily.

She was a princess. The wisest of Equestria; the shining light that guided everypony and took care of them. But to tell the truth, she didn't feel that way.

"I was so stupid!" She yelled. "Luna, I've just doomed some ponies!"

Luna, who was standing beside her, told her calmly, "yes. Yes, you did. You should never have done that, sister! It was a silly idea that seemed like a good one at the time. But, look. There's nothing we can do, is there?"

Celestia looked up at Luna, wiping tears from her eyes using her hooves. "No, but Luna! Luna, what are we going to do? I've done it, again. Is that something to be proud of? I should have listened to you, just like last time."

"It's alright. It's not your fault. And besides," Luna said, "you can't keep on thinking that I can't handle things on my own. I've been here a year already, and I could have easily raised the sun. You should have let me."

"You're right," Celestia said. "But first, before you say, 'I told you so,' let's at least try to find out who we just doomed."

* * *

There was a knock on the door. Cat shrieked and hid into her bedroom, locking the door behind her quickly. Elle just rolled her eyes and asked, "who are you?"

Before whoever was behind the door could answer Cat whispered in a barely audible tone, "it's the ninja pony! Run for your life!"

There was a long pause, and then finally whoever was behind the door responded. "I-I'm Twilight. Somehow, I got lost... A-and I don't know where I am or anything, really. I can't remember anything. Please, can you help me?"

Elle considered it for a moment and then decided that she should help this Twilight girl. She seemed distressed. Besides, Elle had nothing else to do (since Cat was dominating the bedrooms). "Okay," she said suspiciously and slowly unlocked the door, opening it...

To reveal a purple pony.

Comments ( 2 )

This is good! :pinkiegasp:
Keep it up :pinkiehappy:

I'm sorry I didn't help w this chap, but I'll keep up emailing u the rest:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment