• Published 30th Mar 2018
  • 2,568 Views, 15 Comments

Dash's Fruit Basket - LilGuppy



In a sequel to "A Violet Rainbow," Rainbow Dash decides to give Twilight and Pinkie payback for their blueberry scheme. (Contains inflation)

  • ...
0
 15
 2,568

Chimmy Cherry Changa

Rainbow Dash cackled out loud as she flew away from Twilight’s castle. “I can’t believe I did it! That had to be the best prank I ever played! Oh, and excellent payback of course.” With her deed done, she flew back to Sugarcube Corner to tell Pinkie Pie of her awesome trick. That’s when she stopped herself. Pinkie Pie… she was part of that dumb blueberry stunt too!

Uuuuuugh… sure Twilight was the one who got upset over practically nothing, but Pinkie was the one who went waaaaay over the line! I’d love to give her a taste of her own medicine…

Although, a slight feeling in her gut told her otherwise. Pinkie did say she was sorry. You know, especially after she was preparing for Rainbow Dash to go off like a bomb.

“Pinkie Pie loves pranks. I’ll do what I wanna do, and we can have a good laugh about it afterwards! Yeah, perfect! Just… how do I get her to take the potion?”

Dash glided through the clouds as she thought of a plan. Suddenly, an idea hit her like a ton of bricks, causing her to stop. “I got it! Hahaha, this is gonna be good! Now if I can only remember how to work an oven…”

About an hour had passed since Rainbow Dash inflicted the potion on Twilight. Now she was at her kitchen which was covered in random food splatters and dirty dishes. Rainbow wiped a small bead of sweat off her forehead just as her egg timer went off. She opened the oven door, feeling the heat against her face as she carefully pulled out a pie tin with a mitten-clad hoof. The sight was enough to make her stomach churn a bit; pie was definitely on the list of Rainbow’s all-time favorite desserts. However, for this prank to work, pie was the only appropriate choice. Rainbow Dash took a moment to examine her creation. It surely wasn’t on the Pinkie Pie scale of delectableness, that much was for sure. The crust was a little burnt, and cherry filling was oozing from the holes on the top, but nothing seemed wrong besides that.

Dash laughed with excitement, grabbing the cherry-flavored potion vial she had made prior to the pie. She didn’t have the fancy brewing station Pinkie had, but she did make sure to follow Pinkie’s instructions as closely as possible using just her kitchen, so technically it should be perfect. Rainbow Dash used a fork to further open up on of the slits on the pie’s crust, ready to pour the potion into the filling. Just before a drop could make its way in, however, she stopped. She was so excited about her revenge on Twilight that she had forgotten what happened after the whole ordeal.

I don’t have a cure…

Dash thought back to what happened when she got berried. There was some sort of machine Pinkie used. Was it still there? She’d have to ask Pinkie. Besides, Dash herself was fine, so would Twilight and eventually Pinkie. With that small reassurance in mind, Dash dumped the potion in and stirred it in as well as she could without tearing the pie’s crust. She took the finished product in her hooves and flew out the door.

Pinkie was working hard in the kitchen of Sugarcube Corner. While her hooves were busy whisking some cake batter, her mind was someplace else, specifically early that day. “Something seems… off about what Dashie did today. If Twilight wanted to study my potion, why didn’t she ask me herself? Something smells fishy…” Pinkie looks over to her pet alligator Gummy and takes a whiff. “Ugh, Gummy! Have you been trying to fish in the river again? I told you not to do that anymore! Guess you’ll need a bath tonight.”

Gummy simply blinked in reply. Just then, the bell above the shop’s entrance rang, prompting Pinkie to zip to the front counter. “Welcome to Sugarcu- oh, hi, Dashie! What’s that you got there?”

“Hey, Pinkie! Uh, I wanted to thank you for helping me, er, helping Twilight with that potion of yours. She really got some good information from it.” Rainbow Dash had to hold back a snicker. “So, you know baking isn’t really my thing, but uh… I baked you this pie as a gift.”

Pinkie looked down at the pie in surprise. “You baked a pie? You baked what you think is the most disgusting thing on the planet?”

“W-Well… you don’t think it’s the most disgusting thing on the planet,” Dash replies, rubbing a hoof behind her neck, “and it looked like one of the easiest recipes in this old cookbook I had stored away…”

Pinkie took the slightly burnt pie from Rainbow and smiled. “Awww, you did all that for me? Thanks, Dashie! You’re a real friend!” She turned around and went to set it on the counter.

Dash smiled back, though it hid the pain she suddenly felt. She knew if Pinkie ate that pie, she would quickly retract her statement. Rainbow saw Pinkie as one of her closest friends; would this prank be worth it, even for a little revenge?

I have to destroy that pie! “H-Here, lemme cut a piece out for you!” Dash stuttered, flying at full speed toward the counter while Pinkie was cutting slices. Rainbow Dash stopped in place right after her hoof collided with the pie tin, making it plunge toward the floor. “Oh nooooo! I am soooo sooooorry! Guess you can’t have that pie anymo-” Dash’s “apology” got caught in her throat when she saw Pinkie had easily caught the dessert with the tip of her mane. It took a few seconds for the pegasus to realize she had her jaw agape before she shut it again.

Pinkie giggled and lifted up a hefty slice. “No worries, I got it! Now for a nice, biiiiig bite!”

“No, wait-!”

“Nom!” With a big grin, Pinkie ate the entire slice in just one bite, her cherry-smeared cheeks bulging before she was able to swallow it all. “Mmmm! Not too bad for your first try, Dashie! A little smoky though.”

“Noooo…” Dash dragged a hoof across her face, seeing her friend quickly morph from cotton candy pink to a deep cherry red.

“And you really didn’t mix the potion in well enough. If you stirred it in better, it would’ve blended in nicely.”

“Ugh, I kno- wait, what?! You… you knew?!” Dash’s head jerked up to face Pinkie’s just as the party pony’s midsection began to bulge. Pinkie had a casual smile on her face as she examined and prodded her swelling belly.

“Uh, duh! Obviously!” Pinkie said with a roll of her eyes. “Dashie, I’m not sure if anypony ever told you this, but you’re a terrible liar. I mean, not as bad as Applejack, but you’re up there. Though you are similar to Twilight since you plan ahead first when you can, but like Fluttershy, you always end up stuttering. Plus you’re not too shabby at making direct eye contact like Rarity, but-”

“Okay, okay! I get it…” Dash looked away shamefully. “Look, I’m really sorry, Pinkie Pie. I’m still pretty sore about what happened a couple weeks ago. Th-That gas potion we made together…”

“You used it on Twilight, didn’t you?” Pinkie said with a knowing smirk, spreading her hooves out as her belly began touching the floor.

“Yep, you got me.” Dash sighed and tried to look up at Pinkie again, but found it hard seeing she was still changing right before her eyes. “And I totally forgot about a cure. I thought I would ask you about one before I let you eat this pie, but things didn’t go as planned. Plus I felt pretty bad about doing it since you said I was a real friend. I really am sorry, Pinkie. Will… you forgive me?”

Pinkie gave a compassionate smile as she found herself being lift off the floor by her own stomach. “Of course, Dashie.”

Dash smiled and gave a sigh of relief, though one thing still struck her as odd. “Hold on… if you knew I put the potion in the pie, why did you still eat it?”

“Because I knew I kinda deserved it.” Pinkie chuckled, wiggling her hooves and making her bloated form bounce and slosh a little. “You were right. Twilight kinda did go a little overboard with what she did to you, but she wouldn’t have done it if it weren’t for me. I’m sorry too, Dashie.”

Dash flew over and hugged her friend… well, hugged what she could. “It’s alright, Pinks. Wow… you’re pretty soft. And you smell like cherries too.”

Pinkie giggled at Dash’s reaction. “I know you didn’t like it when this happened to you, but this isn’t really that bad to me. It’s actually kind of relaxing, like if you were on a waterbed, but you were the bed!”

The two shared a good laugh, and Dash settled down on top of Pinkie’s rounded back. “Yeah, you’re right! You make a good cherry waterbed.”

Pinkie giggles, jostling herself a bit. “Thanks, Dashie! You know, you were wondering about a cure. After what happened to you, Zecora helped me work on a reversal potion in case anything like that happened again. Using the juicer takes way too long.”

Dash sat up. “Wait, so you have a new cure?”

“Yepper deppers! I have a few stored away in my party planning cave! You know how to get there, right?”

Rainbow Dash nodded, taking flight and darted toward the underground planning room. About a minute later, Rainbow returned with one. She nearly dropped it when she realized just how big Pinkie had gotten. She nearly took up the whole room! Not even Twilight got this large. Unless you caught sight of a hidden hoof, a small tuft of hair, or Pinkie’s sunken head, you may not have known this gargantuan red balloon was a pony. Even her cutie mark had changed color to slightly camouflage into her new cherry red. Rainbow Dash flew up to Pinkie’s face and popped the end of the open vial into her awaiting maw. In a flash, Pinkie’s body shrinks down like a balloon releasing its air, and her normal pinks return. Pinkie Pie lands perfectly on her hooves, and Dash wraps a wing around her. “Glad to have you back, Pinks!”

“Glad to have me back to, Dashie!” Pinkie giggles. “Now who’s next?”

“Huh? What do you mean ‘who’s next’?”

“To prank, silly!” Pinkie bounced in place excitedly.

“Uh… didn’t we just have a meaningful talk about how doing this was wrong, and that we were sorry for everything?”

“For revenge, yeah! But we have an instant cure now, and we’re not doing it to be mean. We can blimp up anypony we want, then change them back in a flash! No harm done!”

Dash rubbed her chin. “Hmm, yeah… I see your point. And I gotta be honest with you, this prank is really fun!”

“I couldn’t agree more!” Pinkie beams.

“Just… don’t make what you into said some sort of life lesson for foals, okay?”

“Hahahaha! No problem, Dashie! So who should we prank next? I think I actually still have some of that blueberry potion stored away somewhere that I forgot to throw away.”

The two mischievous ponies thought for a while before they looked at each other with a smirk that meant they knew exactly who to prank next.

Rarity.”

They both laugh and make their way to the basement to find Pinkie’s potion. On their way down, Pinkie let out a gasp of excitement. “Hey, Dashie! Did I ever tell you about my idea for a chimmy cherry changa?”

Dash groaned. “Yes, Pinkie, a billion times. You don’t need to-” Before she could finish, Pinkie began rattling on about her new idea for this recipe and didn’t stop until they were on their way to Carousel Boutique.

Comments ( 6 )

So, when are they going to remember Twilight? And is Rarity really gonna be a blueberry or are they gonna make her something else?

Fantastic! IMO Totally worth the wait! Also Pinkie Pie being a cherry fits a lot better than I thought it would. Can't wait for the others!

Why is the story cancelled? It was so good :(

11005862
I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed! Honestly, I had lost interest in finishing this. I realized that all of the chapters were going to have a similar plot with similar descriptions, and I felt it would be too repetitive and boring. Thank you for interest though!

11007810
Aw alright then and no problem

11007810
Maybe try having them turn into more of the “shape” of the fruit that they’ll turn into? Like Pearity or APPLEjack. Rarity having more junk in the trunk and applejack becoming more apple-shaped?

Login or register to comment